Dr. Peter McIlveen, MD

Dr. Peter McIlveen, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  ·
Dr. Peter McIlveen, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Elkin, NC and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine in 1995 and specializes in obstetrics & gynecology, prenatal care, and more.

942 Johnson Ridge Rd

Elkin, NC 28621

• AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
  • CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. McIlveen

See how frequently Dr. McIlveen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ovarian Cysts
Pregnancy Test
Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

Dr. McIlveen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. McIlveen "I am passionate about helping patients achieve their optimal health and well-being. Being dual board certified in both Ob/Gyn and Obesity Medicine, I am able to help patients meet their ob/gyn healthcare needs, achieve weight loss goals, decrease or eliminate medications, and live healthier & happier lives.

My focus is not only on a patient's symptoms, but also on the causes of those symptoms. Emphasis is on preventative medicine, weight loss, increasing energy and overall well-being.  I incorporate many integrative approaches to treating my patients with outstanding results.

It is my belief that listening attentively to my patients is necessary in order to provide excellent medical care. I am honored to receive the Patient's Choice Award and be a 5 Year Honoree of the Compassionate Doctor Award.  These awards have special meaning to me since they are decided by patients.

I look forward to helping you achieve optimal health and well-being.

Dr. Peter McIlveen

• Rensselaer
    Other Education | Completed 1988
  • University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
    Other Education | Completed 1999

Dr. McIlveen has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. McIlveen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McIlveen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McIlveen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McIlveen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McIlveen to family and friends

Dr. McIlveen's Performance

Dr. McIlveen Says:
"

"I love that you and your office staff are so knowledgeable about weight loss and the effects is has on a patient.  Your staff are the nicest, most considerate individuals of any office I have ever been to.  The speed and efficiency of getting in and out in a timely manner are greatly appreciated."   Ruth Ann

"

I love Total Woman Care! Great practice, everyone is so nice. Dr. McIlveen did my surgery a few months ago and he was amazing, very caring, and attentive. I would never go to anyone else.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I have seen Dr Mcilveen for a few years. He delivered my two girls and hes been nothing but wonderful.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
So grateful to Dr. McIlveen and his staff for working me in as a new patient with a big problem. I will never forget the time you took with me and how kind you and your nurse Andrea were. How wonderful it would be if all doctors cared about their patients like Dr. McIlveen. I don't live in the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I met Dr. McIlveen in the ER while I was having a problem. I was scared to death and he was the nicest doctor I had ever met. He answered all my questions, was extremely respectful and very kind. Although I was seeing a different doctor I transferred my care to his office and will never go anywhere...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. McIlveen has delivered all 4 of my babies. I love this man!!!! He really cares about his patients. He listens to your concerns and always answers all your questions. You are NEVER rushed out the door. I would NEVER go to any other doctor! Congratulations Dr. McIlveen on your five year...more
Are you Dr. McIlveen?