Neurology  |
Dr. Peter McAllister, MD
Dr. Peter McAllister, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Stamford, CT. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 26 years.

New England Institute for Neurology and Headache

30 Buxton Farm Rd Ste 230

Stamford, CT 06905

(203) 914-1900

Learn about Dr. McAllister

Dr. McAllister's Experience

Dr. McAllister's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurology

• Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Lyme Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Rasmussen's Syndrome
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Univ Of Ct Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • Med College Of Virginia Hospitals
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. McAllister has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McAllister does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McAllister and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McAllister's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McAllister to family and friends
4.5
Dr. McAllister's Performance
Cos Cob CT |
Dr Peter Mcallister is a great Dr and a great guy.. I have been going to NEINH for over a year and it has been a great experience, I have had chronic migraine for 20 years so I have been to a plethora of Drs and health providers. They generally have a culture that runs through the practice. I have found a culture at NEINH that values patients as individuals and treats them with respect and compassion.
Norwalk, CT |
There are many headache centers in Fairfield county and I have been to several in Stamford, Fairfield and Greenwich. Dr. McAllister did for me what many other neurologist never could do. My migraines are reduced from 18 per month to only 1 under his care and I know how to treat it so it doesn't affect my life any more. My family and I will be forever grateful for his compassionate care. My only regret is that I wish I found him sooner.
in Norwalk, CT |
I have suffered from migraines for 12 years. I have been to 5 different neurologists and noone could help me with my particular headaches until I finally bit the bullet and went out of network to see Dr. McAllister. I would have saved 100s of days if I saw him earlier and should have seen him first. Dr. McAllister and his entire team are wonderful, make you feel comfy and like you are in someone's home. THANK YOU, Dr. McAllister!!!
in FAIRFIELD, CT |
AMAZING EXPERIENCE!
Port Chester, NY |
Took me right away. He does not take insurance which is expensive. Spent a good amount of time with me. We had a plan of treatment but he never followed up. Called and texted him a couple of times. Needless to say I wasted money on a consult which I didn't have to wastes. There was no follow up. I was extremely unhappy with his professionalism at this point. Didn't seem to care.i thought I was going to finally get some help but didn't happen.
in Norwalk, CT |
nothing special about this doctor, pushes meds, does not take insurance, the more you see him the less he cares.
in Lisbon, CT |
Dr. McAllister really cares about his patients. He is very intelligent in his field of medicine and tries to do what's best for his patients. I felt very comfortable talking with him about my particular health concerns. I really liked how his office was not set up like a typical office. His exam rooms were comfortable and welcoming instead of cold and sterile feeling. He is worth every dollar you spend for him. It's unfortunate that he doesn't take insurance, however I would highly recommend him
North Haven, CT |
Dr. McAllister is an incredible physician. He takes the time to really LISTEN to you. He truly cares about his patients. You are not just a number, but a person! He spent over an hour with me during my initial visit. His entire staff, including all of the women up front, made me feel comfortable and at ease. They were extremely pleasant and greeted me with a smile. It was worth traveling over an hour in traffic to meet with him. I would recommend this practice to every one of my friends!
Woodbridge, CT |
Doctor McAllister listens to everything you have to say and explains things very well while never feeling pressured for time. However, I find that he pushes medications pretty hard to the point that he would put me on high doses without giving me enough time for my body to adjust. His office staff is also quite rude. Lastly, the visits are not covered by insurance, so each visit is incredibly expensive. Overall, it has been an OK experience.
in Philadelphia, PA |
As an anxious person I find it hard to relax especially in a doctors office but my experience with Dr. McAllister was fantastic. I felt comfortable and relaxed in the office, no intimidating white walls and clinical feel instead it was calming and very nicely decorated. Dr. McAllister was incredibly knowledgeable and worked with me instead of dictating the appointment. I was so happy that I finally found a doctor who listened to me instead of just telling me to do what they think is best.
Have you seen Dr. Peter McAllister, MD?
Are you Dr. McAllister?