Dr. Peter McAllister, MD

Neurology ·  Male · Age 54

Dr. McAllister

New England Institute for Neurology and Headache

30 Buxton Farm Rd Ste 230 Stamford, CT 06905

Dr. Peter McAllister, MD is a neurology specialist in Stamford, CT and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from Univ Of Ct Sch Of Med in 1991 and specializes in neurology.

Dr. McAllister's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. McAllister

4.4

Dr. McAllister?
Dr. McAllister's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Peter McAllister, MD
After 30 year of suffering from chronic headaches and many visits to various neurologists and hospital settings. Dr. Mcallister and his staff have gotten to the root of the problem. They have been amazing in treating this ongoing issue. They have been helping me on almost a daily basis to get back to normal lifestyle. I can't thank Dr. Mcallister and his staff enough for all the care and immediate attention.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter McAllister, MD?
Started seeing Dr. McAllister for my child's migraines for years. Although he knew that the treatments he was prescribing/recommending were not effective and that there were several additional migraine treatments he could have tried for my child(that he even talked about prescribing/trying), he simply did nothing more. He proved to be all talk and no action. Waste of time and money. Other neurologists have been much more helpful, insightful and caring. Dr. McAllister missed the mark. Not dedicated to finding a treatment/solution.
I am very sorry you did not find my treatment(s)...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter McAllister, MD?
Brilliant Kind Professional Outstanding bedside matter Beautiful office I have the upmost trust in his medical opinions!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter McAllister, MD?
I am an RN practicing for 25 years (major hospital). In August 2017-terrible car accident; serious head injury. Visited several dr.s- unsuccessful treatments. I believed my condition to be irreversible. Dr. McAllister came highly referred . He certainly lives up to his reputation. He is smart, kind, caring, and pro-active. It will be a long road to a full recovery but for the first time I believe there is reason to have hope. I cannot recommend him highly enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter McAllister, MD?
Dr Peter Mcallister is a great Dr and a great guy.. I have been going to NEINH for over a year and it has been a great experience, I have had chronic migraine for 20 years so I have been to a plethora of Drs and health providers. They generally have a culture that runs through the practice. I have found a culture at NEINH that values patients as individuals and treats them with respect and compassion.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter McAllister, MD?
There are many headache centers in Fairfield county and I have been to several in Stamford, Fairfield and Greenwich. Dr. McAllister did for me what many other neurologist never could do. My migraines are reduced from 18 per month to only 1 under his care and I know how to treat it so it doesn't affect my life any more. My family and I will be forever grateful for his compassionate care. My only regret is that I wish I found him sooner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter McAllister, MD?
I have suffered from migraines for 12 years. I have been to 5 different neurologists and noone could help me with my particular headaches until I finally bit the bullet and went out of network to see Dr. McAllister. I would have saved 100s of days if I saw him earlier and should have seen him first. Dr. McAllister and his entire team are wonderful, make you feel comfy and like you are in someone's home. THANK YOU, Dr. McAllister!!!
AMAZING EXPERIENCE!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter McAllister, MD?
Took me right away. He does not take insurance which is expensive. Spent a good amount of time with me. We had a plan of treatment but he never followed up. Called and texted him a couple of times. Needless to say I wasted money on a consult which I didn't have to wastes. There was no follow up. I was extremely unhappy with his professionalism at this point. Didn't seem to care.i thought I was going to finally get some help but didn't happen.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter McAllister, MD?
nothing special about this doctor, pushes meds, does not take insurance, the more you see him the less he cares.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter McAllister, MD?
Dr. McAllister really cares about his patients. He is very intelligent in his field of medicine and tries to do what's best for his patients. I felt very comfortable talking with him about my particular health concerns. I really liked how his office was not set up like a typical office. His exam rooms were comfortable and welcoming instead of cold and sterile feeling. He is worth every dollar you spend for him. It's unfortunate that he doesn't take insurance, however I would highly recommend him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter McAllister, MD?
Dr. McAllister is an incredible physician. He takes the time to really LISTEN to you. He truly cares about his patients. You are not just a number, but a person! He spent over an hour with me during my initial visit. His entire staff, including all of the women up front, made me feel comfortable and at ease. They were extremely pleasant and greeted me with a smile. It was worth traveling over an hour in traffic to meet with him. I would recommend this practice to every one of my friends!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter McAllister, MD?
Doctor McAllister listens to everything you have to say and explains things very well while never feeling pressured for time. However, I find that he pushes medications pretty hard to the point that he would put me on high doses without giving me enough time for my body to adjust. His office staff is also quite rude. Lastly, the visits are not covered by insurance, so each visit is incredibly expensive. Overall, it has been an OK experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter McAllister, MD?
As an anxious person I find it hard to relax especially in a doctors office but my experience with Dr. McAllister was fantastic. I felt comfortable and relaxed in the office, no intimidating white walls and clinical feel instead it was calming and very nicely decorated. Dr. McAllister was incredibly knowledgeable and worked with me instead of dictating the appointment. I was so happy that I finally found a doctor who listened to me instead of just telling me to do what they think is best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter McAllister, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. McAllister?

• Neurology

1992
1991

Dr. McAllister accepts

(203) 914-1900

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. McAllister's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Lumbar Puncture
  • Lyme Disease
  • Medical Marijuana Certifications
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Rasmussen's Syndrome
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury