Dr. Peter Mangone, MD

Dr. Peter Mangone, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Peter Mangone, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Arden, NC. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 24 years.

2585 Hendersonville Rd

Arden, NC 28704

• American Republic
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
  • CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Mangone

See how frequently Dr. Mangone performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Achilles Tendinitis
Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
Bunion

Dr. Mangone's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Complex Fractures
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Double Nails on the Fifth Toe
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Ingrown Toenail
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Metatarsal Fracture
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Foot and Ankle Reconstruction
  • Forefoot Reconstruction
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Midfoot Fracture and-or Dislocation Surgery
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Peroneal Tendon Surgery
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Posterior Heel Spur Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Tendon Repair
  • Tendon Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Emory University
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Emory Affil Hosps
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Emory University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Cntr Ortho Care
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Mangone has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mangone does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mangone and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mangone's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mangone to family and friends
Dr. Mangone's Performance
in Asheville |
My PC physician recommended Dr. Peter Mangone and an initial appointment was set-up. I met with Dr, Mangone and assistant Jennifer and after review of the xray of my left foot, it was suggested that I have my MP joint of the Great toe fused and repositioned so as to relieve pressure on my second toe. Surgery was scheduled and carried out at Park Ridge. It was a very positive experience. Recovery process was explained well and subsequent appointments scheduled. My surgery was successful!!
in Hendersonville, NC 28739 |
Dr. Peter Mangone is the best doctor for Ankle surgery in North Carolina Period! He repaired my Charcot Foot, fixed torn tendons and ligaments during a very complicated three-hour surgery. Without his experience and profound knowledge, I most likely would not be walking today. He took into account my autoimmune disease and helped me prepare my body prior to the surgery, and has guided me with great care after the surgery during the healing process. I can't thank him and his staff enough. 10 Star
brevard, nc |
Dr. Mangone is an excellent surgeon. He performed a very complicated Achilles tendon surgery on me. I would highly recommend. As a matter of fact my other doctor recommended that I see him. They placed a call to his office and I was seen in 3 days. I also give very high marks to his PA Jennifer. She is top notch and assists him in the operating room and has a full understanding of your surgery and can assist when the doctor is not available.
in hendersonville, nc |
The outcomes that I have had after being treated by Dr. Mangone for two separate problems have been excellent. I have already highly recommended Dr. Mangone, including to other medical professionals, and will continue to do so.
in New Smyrna Beach, FL |
Dr. Mangone performed an ankle arthroscopy on my right ankle. During my initial visit he made ample time to review my records, prior ankle fracture surgeries and explain in detail his professional opinion on options, success ratios, and overall recovery time. I had seen 4 sports physicians, had two surgeries by other surgeons, and many other professional opinions. He was the only one that spent time to go over my concerns and thoroughly explain what was wrong with my ankle. Highly recommend
in asheville, nc |
Dr. Mangone has given the world back to me! I could barely walk and travel required for my work was too hard. Now I am back! Walking with confidence and strength. Confidence is what Dr Mangone gave me in our first appointment. I heard options for my degraded ankle (an injury 2 decades earlier and an acute re-injury). I was unsure, and Dr Mangone gave me information I needed to make my decision, and then backed me with his world-class experience and skill for a full replacement. WOW! Yes, I will.
in Arden NC 28704 |
I can't say enough about Dr. Mangone. He is very professional, informative, kind and caring. Lead me every step for 10 months assuring me My ankle would be healed. Worked tirelessly to get Medicare to approve a bone stimulator to help my bones to heal. I recommended him to my daughter who will have surgery in June. He is a wonderful doctor.
in fletcher, nc |
November 2016, I experienced an arthroscopic lateral ligament reconstruction procedure (ankle) by Dr. Mangone and his PA, Jennifer Parker. Dr. Mangone is the leading specialist in performing this procedure and, in fact, he discovered and tested many of the techniques. I was walking with just an ankle brace at 3w and pretty much back to full speed by 6w. If you need this operation, be sure to thoroughly research the arthro option with Dr. Mangone. I could not be more satisfied.
in Zirconia, NC |
Dr. Mangone does a wonderful job of connecting with the patient and explaining the treatment options in a realistic and obtainable world view. He ensures that he patient is comfortable with the diagnosis and understands what has happened, what will happen under certain circumstances, and what can be done to move forward with a comfortable and normal lifestyle based upon the injury. Can't speak highly enough of him or his highly trained staff.
in hendersonville, nc |
Dr. Mangone was forthright, honest and considerate. His staff is nothing short of exemplary.
in Tryon, North Carolina |
Oh yes i am already telling everybody I know about Dr. Mangone. He sat there through my first visit and really listened to me. We talked about alternatives first before surgery. Tried all but it came down to surgery. He was so great at explaining everything that was going to be done. Told me how long it would be.
in Mills River, NC |
Experience was great allowing a smooth recovery.
in Flat Rock, NC |
Dr. Magone is very professional, answered all my questions, very good at finding the problem and solving it with great results!
in Candler, NC |
Extremely professional and experienced. Felt totally at ease with him and I was confident that he would be the best choice to perform my bunion and hammer toe surgery. Have been pleased with the results of the surgery and have had no problems with recovery.
in Asheville, NC |
Dr. Mangone was outstanding in the surgical repair of my Achilles tendon. I was amazed at each detail of my perioperative experience. I was meticulously informed about what to expect and length of time of my recovery. Both he and Jennifer Parker were phenomenal in their partnership of my care. I give the highest praise and recommendation to this team.
Asheville, NC |
First rate experience from start to finish. Everything proceeded as planned. Obviously, Dr. Mangone is an outstanding surgeon and orthopedic practitioner. He gave me my leg back.
in Asheville, NC |
Dr.Mangone is fantastic,could not have asked for a better experience! Jennifer and Carra also fantastic! Luv You Guys!
Hendersonville, NC |
Dr. Mangone and his staff are very professional and thorough. They told me exactly what to expect after having surgery, and they were right in every detail. Things went exactly as planned and there were no complications. I am very grateful to them that I am now finished with surgery that I have been waiting to do for years.
in Burnsville, NC |
I expected a long recovery from my foot surgery.(I had a great toe fusion to treat arthritis) However, it's only been 3 months and my foot pain is completely gone! Dr. Mangone is thoughtful, attentive and listens. What more, besides being an excellent surgeon, can a patient wish for? His PA was marvelous, too.She too, cares about how I felt and was able to forsee what questions or concerns I might have. They make a great team.
Candler, NC |
Dr. Mangone performed a total ankle replacement on me. He did a great job and I had no problems with the surgery or recovery. He is a caring and amiable doctor and did not push me to have the surgery. He advised me when he was pleased with the replacement hardware available. I already had several injections at that point. After I could not tolerate pain with every step, I was ready for surgery. He explained every step of the procedure and the staff was very supportive and knowledgeable.
in Lake Lure, NC |
Very concerned approach to infection with a comprehensive plan to minimize suguries while taking care of the infections.
Have you seen Dr. Peter Mangone, MD?
Are you Dr. Mangone?