Dr. Peter Lim, MD

Dr. Peter Lim, MD

Gynecologic Oncology  |
Dr. Peter Lim, MD is a gynecologic oncology doctor who practices in Reno, NV. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 27 years.

75 Pringle Way

Reno, NV 89502

Learn about Dr. Lim

See how frequently Dr. Lim performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hysterectomy - Open
Hysterectomy - Laparoscopic
Vaginal Surgery

Dr. Lim's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Gynecologic Oncology

• Fallopian Tube Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Nausea
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Ovarian Cancer
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

• Cholesterol Screening
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Laparotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Lymphadenectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vulvectomy
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• Hahnemann Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • Mayo Clinic-Rochester
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Lim has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lim does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lim and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lim's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lim to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Lim's Performance
in Tonopah |
Very disappointing, to be treated with such disregard and no bed side manners. Very rude and incompetent office staff.
in Lovelock, NV |
I have and will continue to refer family and friends to Doctor Peter Lim. I like his thoroughness, his honesty and is expertise. When I had my surgery, he explained everything that would be happening to my family. both before and after surgery. He personally called be when different test results needed to be discussed. I have complete trust in Dr Lim, both as a person and as my doctor.
in Reno, NV |
Dr. Lim not only saved my life, but did it with skill, compassion and kindness. He took time to listen, to answer my questions and concerns. He followed up with phone calls and made sure my radiation, and all follow up appointments were all done well. Friends asked if I wasn't going to get a second opinion. I told them after researching Dr. Lim and his work, I felt confident I had the best for me. Thank you Dr. Lim and your caring staff.
On referral, Dr. Lim met with my wife and then brought me in to discuss options. He said she may have cancer and needed immediate surgery. After discussing options and the need for moving quickly, he left the room and sent in his "closer" to schedule surgery. She said they would need $2000 upfront before they would schedule.He is a provider for our insurance PPO with a deductible of only $300! We borrowed the money and paid them. Two months later, they have yet to refund the "mordida"
in Incline Vlg, NV |
He came highly recommended. He's an excellent a surgeon . I recently had a complete hysterectomy . I've had no pain at all and feel great. His use of the Da Vinci robotic surgical system definitely made a difference. I found him to be very caring as well, he spent a lot of time answering questions and explaining the procedure. I also found his office staff to be caring and knowledgeable . If surgery can ever be a good experience mine was, thanks to Dr. Lim and his staff!
Reno, NV |
I went to see Dr. Lim after my doctor found something he thought was unusual in my pap smear. Dr. Lim thought I should have surgery since he stated I was to old to start a family and I did not need my organs. He was not positive I had cancer. Because of his rude office staff and the fact he could not determine for sure that what was discovered was cancer, I decided to get a second opinion. I am glad. The second doctor did another ultra sound and definitely found there was no cancer.
in Fallon, NV |
I was referred to Dr Peter Lim. I will be forever grateful to be working with Dr. Lim and his associates. The process was totally foreign to me. With Dr Lim's clear and concise discussions I knew the prognosis. I also worked with Lillian Morton, APRN and Elizabeth Kang, PAC. Their positive attitude helped me through this journey and no question is trivial. I always know an answer is only a phone call away. Also, I am thankful Dr. Lim used St Mary's Infusion Center -- more awesome people
in Incline Village NV |
The later part of 2016 I had an MRI to rule out an issue that I was experiencing with my right hip. The test results showed something more concerning...a pelvic mass. Following more tests I was sent to Dr. Lim, a Gynecological Oncologist. I cannot express in words how tremendous he and his staff are ....how promptly and compassionately conversation, surgery and follow up was provided.The office staff, pre-op, post-op personnel at the Center of Hope were superb! I have full trust in Dr. Lim.
in Sparks, NV |
Doctor Lim is straight forward. He tells you what to expect while maintaining a very good bedside manner. Dr. Lim is a very caring man and does everything to make you as comfortable possible. You have to recognize that there are things that are out of his control and the hospital has say over. His staff are well informed and as caring as he is. The followup visit was as well managed and the staff was as methodical as he is, which is excellent. Thank you Doctor Lim.
in Reno, NV |
Dr. Peter Lim is an excellent gynecologic oncologist. He stays current in the latest research and performs minimally invasive surgery using robotic technology. In addition to being a gifted surgeon, he communicates exceptionally well. After my successful hysterectomy for endometrial cancer, he spent a lot of time explaining my risk factors and his ongoing plan for monitoring my health. His explanations are research-based, detailed and very clear. He listens well, and obviously cares for me.
in Reno, NV |
I just want to Thank you Dr. Lim & Staff for being so great to me always. There's no words in which I can define how great and amazing everyone was. You've been so good to my husband and I. I couldn't imagine how my life would be if I hadn't gone to see you. God bless you and your hard working staff, you have saved my life!
in Reno, NV |
I was referred to Dr.Lims office by my PCP. I was very nervous and anxious about going to see him. The girls were very nice. The wait is a few hours but I was informed about the wait which I am glad they warned me about. He definitely took his time with me. He answered all my questions. He even told me the risk that came along with whatever route I chose. He's one of the most thorough doctor I have ever had. The office was amazing and they work so hard in their busy office.
in Reno, NV |
Dr. Lim is a wonderful doctor and his staff is very caring. To say that I was stressed out and not at my best is and understatement. The girls in the front were amazing and really helped my anxiety. He reassured me and surgery went without a problem. Post op care by his nurse practioner was awesome. I am so glad he is Reno!
Fair Oaks, CA |
Keeps you waiting for hours. Doesn't explain things. Front office very difficult to deal with.
in Reno, NV |
Dr Lim is one of the most kind, compassionate doctors out there. He is a great surgeon and mentor for all of the fellow surgeons! I would recommend him to anyone!
Reno, NV |
I think the world of Dr.Lim and his staff. Going thru this situation was very scary but they helped me every step of the way. Thank you Dr. Peter Lim for saving my life.
in Reno, NV |
Dr. Lim is a very caring and honest person, the waiting as a new patient can be a little long but who wouldn't wait for someone who's very caring and great at their job. The most wonderful thing is that he doesn't make you feel like it's a job he really makes you feel welcomed and cared for. His staff is also very caring and will listen to what you have to say. I'm very grateful for him and his staff. Very highly to recommend him to everyone.
in Reno, NV |
Dr. Lim and his staff were very caring, helpful and supportive throughout my experience with his office and surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Lim and his office.
Reno, NV |
I am so thankful for him and his staff getting me in for an appointment so soon. I had surgery within 5 days of seeing him in the office. He was comforting, spoke to me so that I understood what was going on and was genuinely concerned for my health.
in Carson City, NV |
How can one possibly thank a person with such compassion and dedication to his patients? Everyone that works with him is at that same caliber. He personally called me at home following my surgeries and pathology reports. Information was offered to me at a pace that I could absorb and emotionally accept. Dr. Lim gave me back my life, even if only for a while.
in Nevada |
Wait time is over 3 hours for him.wasted months on useless tests till the anesthesiologist was uncomfortable with surgery. Dr seemed disappointed when I didn't have cancer. Barely talked to my husband after surgery, never talked to me about it. Never saw him post op, rarely saw his staff. Questions went unaswered and never received a call once I was sent home. No follow up visit and my calls went un returned. Been trying to get my chart for 3 years for my primary doctor and nothing.
Have you seen Dr. Peter Lim, MD?
Are you Dr. Lim?