Dr. Peter Lim, MD

Gynecologic Oncology | Male

Dr. Peter Lim, MD
Dr. Peter Lim, MD is a gynecologic oncology doctor who practices in Reno, NV. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Lim is affiliated with Eastern Plumas Health Care, Carson Valley Medical Center, Barton Memorial Hospital, Renown Regional Medical Center, Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center and Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center.

Dr. Lim's Experience

See how Dr. Lim's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lim

Dr. Lim accepts 4 insurance carriers

Dr. Lim is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Lim has admitting privileges.

Dr. Lim's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lim to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Lim's Performance
in Incline Vlg, NV |
He came highly recommended. He's an excellent a surgeon . I recently had a complete hysterectomy . I've had no pain at all and feel great. His use of the Da Vinci robotic surgical system definitely made a difference. I found him to be very caring as well, he spent a lot of time answering questions and explaining the procedure. I also found his office staff to be caring and knowledgeable . If surgery can ever be a good experience mine was, thanks to Dr. Lim and his staff!
Reno, NV |
I went to see Dr. Lim after my doctor found something he thought was unusual in my pap smear. Dr. Lim thought I should have surgery since he stated I was to old to start a family and I did not need my organs. He was not positive I had cancer. Because of his rude office staff and the fact he could not determine for sure that what was discovered was cancer, I decided to get a second opinion. I am glad. The second doctor did another ultra sound and definitely found there was no cancer.
in Fallon, NV |
I was referred to Dr Peter Lim. I will be forever grateful to be working with Dr. Lim and his associates. The process was totally foreign to me. With Dr Lim's clear and concise discussions I knew the prognosis. I also worked with Lillian Morton, APRN and Elizabeth Kang, PAC. Their positive attitude helped me through this journey and no question is trivial. I always know an answer is only a phone call away. Also, I am thankful Dr. Lim used St Mary's Infusion Center -- more awesome people
in Incline Village NV |
The later part of 2016 I had an MRI to rule out an issue that I was experiencing with my right hip. The test results showed something more concerning...a pelvic mass. Following more tests I was sent to Dr. Lim, a Gynecological Oncologist. I cannot express in words how tremendous he and his staff are ....how promptly and compassionately conversation, surgery and follow up was provided.The office staff, pre-op, post-op personnel at the Center of Hope were superb! I have full trust in Dr. Lim.
in Sparks, NV |
Doctor Lim is straight forward. He tells you what to expect while maintaining a very good bedside manner. Dr. Lim is a very caring man and does everything to make you as comfortable possible. You have to recognize that there are things that are out of his control and the hospital has say over. His staff are well informed and as caring as he is. The followup visit was as well managed and the staff was as methodical as he is, which is excellent. Thank you Doctor Lim.
in Reno, NV |
Dr. Peter Lim is an excellent gynecologic oncologist. He stays current in the latest research and performs minimally invasive surgery using robotic technology. In addition to being a gifted surgeon, he communicates exceptionally well. After my successful hysterectomy for endometrial cancer, he spent a lot of time explaining my risk factors and his ongoing plan for monitoring my health. His explanations are research-based, detailed and very clear. He listens well, and obviously cares for me.
in Reno, NV |
I just want to Thank you Dr. Lim & Staff for being so great to me always. There's no words in which I can define how great and amazing everyone was. You've been so good to my husband and I. I couldn't imagine how my life would be if I hadn't gone to see you. God bless you and your hard working staff, you have saved my life!
in Reno, NV |
I was referred to Dr.Lims office by my PCP. I was very nervous and anxious about going to see him. The girls were very nice. The wait is a few hours but I was informed about the wait which I am glad they warned me about. He definitely took his time with me. He answered all my questions. He even told me the risk that came along with whatever route I chose. He's one of the most thorough doctor I have ever had. The office was amazing and they work so hard in their busy office.
in Reno, NV |
Dr. Lim is a wonderful doctor and his staff is very caring. To say that I was stressed out and not at my best is and understatement. The girls in the front were amazing and really helped my anxiety. He reassured me and surgery went without a problem. Post op care by his nurse practioner was awesome. I am so glad he is Reno!
Fair Oaks, CA |
Keeps you waiting for hours. Doesn't explain things. Front office very difficult to deal with.
in Reno, NV |
Dr Lim is one of the most kind, compassionate doctors out there. He is a great surgeon and mentor for all of the fellow surgeons! I would recommend him to anyone!
Reno, NV |
I think the world of Dr.Lim and his staff. Going thru this situation was very scary but they helped me every step of the way. Thank you Dr. Peter Lim for saving my life.
in Reno, NV |
Dr. Lim is a very caring and honest person, the waiting as a new patient can be a little long but who wouldn't wait for someone who's very caring and great at their job. The most wonderful thing is that he doesn't make you feel like it's a job he really makes you feel welcomed and cared for. His staff is also very caring and will listen to what you have to say. I'm very grateful for him and his staff. Very highly to recommend him to everyone.
in Reno, NV |
Dr. Lim and his staff were very caring, helpful and supportive throughout my experience with his office and surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Lim and his office.
Reno, NV |
I am so thankful for him and his staff getting me in for an appointment so soon. I had surgery within 5 days of seeing him in the office. He was comforting, spoke to me so that I understood what was going on and was genuinely concerned for my health.
in Carson City, NV |
How can one possibly thank a person with such compassion and dedication to his patients? Everyone that works with him is at that same caliber. He personally called me at home following my surgeries and pathology reports. Information was offered to me at a pace that I could absorb and emotionally accept. Dr. Lim gave me back my life, even if only for a while.
in Nevada |
Wait time is over 3 hours for him.wasted months on useless tests till the anesthesiologist was uncomfortable with surgery. Dr seemed disappointed when I didn't have cancer. Barely talked to my husband after surgery, never talked to me about it. Never saw him post op, rarely saw his staff. Questions went unaswered and never received a call once I was sent home. No follow up visit and my calls went un returned. Been trying to get my chart for 3 years for my primary doctor and nothing.
Have you seen Dr. Peter Lim, MD?
Are you Dr. Lim?

Compare Dr. Lim

Dr. Lim's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gynecologic Oncology
  •  Board certified in Gynecological Oncology and Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Lim has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

Why It Matters: Dr. Lim's Board Certifications

• Gynecologic Cancer
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Nausea
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Scleroderma
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sickle Cell Disease

Hahnemann Univ Sch Of Med

Graduated in 1990

Mayo Clinic-Rochester

Completed in 1997

Dr. Lim does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lim and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gynecologic Oncology

• Colpopexy
  • Colpopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Lymphadenectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Pregnancy Test