Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Peter Kinahan, MD
Dr. Peter Kinahan, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Everett, WA. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Kinahan is affiliated with Providence Regional Medical Center Everett.

1100 Pacific Ave Ste 300

• Principal Financial Group
  • Providence Health Plans
  • Regence Blue Shield of Washington

Learn about Dr. Kinahan

I believe in helping my patients by reducing pain and improving function. We must be part of a professional team, including therapists, primary care, rehab specialists and managers in a group effort to minimize the effect physically and emotionally on the patient, while respecting the needs of the employers. Many injuries require an adjustment in work or lifestyle, but it is my goal to treat fairly and honestly with an attempt to return my patients at or above their pre-injury status!

Dr. Kinahan's Experience

Dr. Kinahan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Meniscal Cyst

• Shoulder Reconstruction
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• University Of British Columbia / Faculty Of Medicine
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1981
  • Univ Of British Columbia Fac Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • Dalhousie University / Faculty Of Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1986
  • University Bc Faculty Med Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Kinahan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kinahan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kinahan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kinahan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kinahan to family and friends
Dr. Kinahan's Performance
in Bothell |
A very positive experience with my arthroscopic knee surgery. I was planning to use another facility but found Dr. Kinahan more personable and helpful after seeking a second opinion. Glad I made the switch to Dr. Kinahan.
in Everett, WA |
Very friendly, gives easy to understand explanations and instructions.
in Monroe, WA |
Dr. Kinahan is great. He is knowledgeable, friendly, and very caring. He never rushes but spent a lot of time making sure I understood what my issues were and answered all my many questions. I recommend him highly. I felt I was getting the best care possible.
in Everett, WA |
I was recommended by a coworker to visit Dr Kinihan for my chronic right shoulder pain. I finally decided to do something about it and made an appointment with him. He has been AMAZING. He is very personable and knows what is best for every patient's injuries. I am recovery extremely well from my shoulder surgery. Highly recommend him and Everett Bone and Joint!
in Lake Stevens, WA |
Dr. Kinahan is super friendly and made sure I understood what was going on. I'd recommend him to anyone looking for an orthopedic Dr!
tacoma, wa |
Dr. Kinahan has provided excellent service to the Everett Silvertips Hockey Club.
in Marysville |
Dr Kinahan is a kind, down to earth doctor. Never mind going in to see him. He also gave a painless cortisone injection. The office staff, nurses and insurance office have been nothing but kind and helpful. Thank you
Everett, WA |
Doctor Kinahan is the best MD in the galaxy! He's empathetic very approachable, so easy to understand and to relate to. If you need a great doc, seek him out!
Lake Stevens, WA |
Many thanks to Dr Kinahan & surgical team who did my difficult broken displaced clavicle surgeries. Three months after first surgery, I was able to walk most of a 5k in Nov 2016, & able to function independently again. He saved my life. Forever I'm grateful to him and also to his good friend Dr Beasely who recommended I see Dr K. for second opinion, as told by the original surgeon that my condition was inoperable. Dr. Kinahan is the best. Have a last surgery next year in 2018. Highly recommend.
in Snohomish, WA |
I have watched Dr. Kinahan treat my wife's knee problems over the past 10 years, and I am very impressed by his dedication and care with her treatment. My wife, Karen, has been through two surgeries and various treatments for her osteoarthritis with Dr. Kinahan, and we have both been very satisfied with his care. We would definitely recommend Dr. Kinahan to any of our friends and family.
in Marysville, Wa |
Dr. Kinahan is straight forward and gets the job done. He is someone you can talk to and be up front and blunt. He's a great Dr. and he cares.
in Lynnwood, WA |
he was allways nice and seen to me that he care thats my opinion.
in Everett, WA |
Peter deserves all the 5 start reviews he has earned. He is so knowledgeable and with great experience in knee injury diagnoses and treatments. I was lucky to see him recently for a torn MCL and so relieved afterwards. He carefully and thoroughly analyzed the problem, explained what is going on, and offered the best treatment plan. The best thing is that he assured me how it is going to be treated and recovered. I am so impressed with his patience and warm-heart and highly recommend him.
in Concrete, WA |
I have had both Shoulder and Knee surgery by Dr Kinahan. I wouldn't go to any other Orthopedic surgeon. He is a very caring, always has a smile on his face. He takes the time to explain options you may have. It is difficult to find a good caring surgeon who takes the time needed to understand the problem and the best solution. When you leave you are fully aware of what to expect.
Marysville, WA |
I work as a Firefighter/EMT and injured my knee on the job. Working with Dr. Kinahan was a great experience and eased a very stressful situation. He went out of his way to explain options, procedures, paperwork, and answer any questions I had along the way. After a lot of rehab and PT my knee is back to normal and I couldnt be happier with his work. I will see him for any future needs and recommend him to friends, family, and coworkers.
in Arlington, WA |
Dr. Kinahan is an excellent doctor and is very concerned about your recovery after his surgeries. I have recommended him to many of my friends.
Lake Stevens, Wa |
I suffered a workplace injury and was given Dr Kinahan's name from a friend. Dr Kinihan was excellent. My shoulder did take longer than I hoped to heal but it was due to my particular injury not my choice of surgeon. Dr Kinahan and his team were exceptional. I highly recommend him, his team and Everett Bone and Joint.
in Arlington, WA |
Dr. Kinahan did an outstanding job repairing my shoulder by open surgery due to the amount of damage. My care was excellent throughout the entire process and my recovery was speedy and complete. I highly recommend Dr. Kinahan
Marysville, WA |
Dr. Kinahan is personable, knowledgeable and dedicated to a patient's care. I would recommend him to anyone needing ortho surgery.
in Marysville, WA |
Dr Kinahan is very professional and knowledgeable. His bedside manner was encouraging and caring. I would highly recommend him as an orthopedic surgeon.
in Everett, WA |
Dr. Kinahan is professional, but incredibly kind and funny. He is thorough, supportive, and informative. He has operated on my right wrist for carpal tunnel repair and my left knee for a torn medial meniscus, and I'll be returning for a left wrist surgery in the spring. He is lovely, and very comforting throughout the entire process. I wouldn't trust my joints to anyone else.
in Bainbridge Island, WA |
I had surgery here on 11/07/16. This place rocks! I live on Bainbridge Island and had a really hard time just getting an appt with ANY ortho group in Seattle. They all were scheduling out 60 days. EBJ got me in with in day. Dr Kinahan has the bedside manor of Mother Theresa. He makes you comfortable and is not like the other surgeons I've come across. He's just a chill kind of dude, that will tell you like it is. The surgery nurses here are Awesome! They all seemed to be old school
in Everett, WA |
Even when his office is obviously quite busy, he has always taken whatever time necessary to explain what needs to be done, or has been done, and answer all of my questions. His relaxed confident demeanor makes the process less stressful. My injuries have required multiple surgeries and I have had good results with no post-op problems. Dr. Kinahan was suggested to me by a former patient of his who works in the medical field. I have to agree with the glowing recommendation he gave!
in Lake Stevens, WA |
I would definitely recommend him. He is not only an amazing surgeon, but also a very kind and considerate gentleman. He always took the time to answer any questions I had--never rushing an appt. to finish up. He treats his patients with respect and consideration for their concerns.
in Arlington, WA |
Spent lots of time with me as a patient. Explained my condition and treatment in a way I could understand. Always professional and friendly with a sense of humor. My recovery was smooth and fast without any complications.
in Everett, WA |
Four months ago Dr Kinahan fixed my torn rotator cuff. I am thrilled with my recovery. No more pain with 95% range of motion and convinced will be 100% soon as long as I continue to exercise using the home made pulley system he recommended! Cool doctor. :)
in Everett , WA |
Dr. Kinahan did my shoulder surgery. He made the surgery bearable; hardly left a scar; healed quickly; answered all my questions and made me feel important. He is a kind considerate man besides being an amazing surgeon.
in Everett, WA |
Dr. Kinahan is very professional and personable. He provides the best possible care, with a caring respectful nature.
in Everett wa |
Very good person to know
in Mount Vernon, Wa |
Dr. Kinahan is a great Doctor! He helped me to get back to work after my knee injury he is very Knowledgable about the L and I system and knows how to navigate through the red tape. He went to bat for me every time L and I tried to mess with me. I highly recommend him !!!
I enjoyed each visit. He took my list of questions and answered them clearly and added what I missed! Good sense of humor and easily understood. Explained what he would be doing to me even though I have very limited knowledge of medical terms and procedures. His confidence and experience made my surgery go more smoothly than I imagined possible. Almost sorry I probably will not need to see him again!
in Everett, WA |
Dr. Kinahan really knows his stuff and understands his patients and their condition. He can tell me what I'm experiencing before I even get a chance to describe my symptoms! He is quick to recommend effective treatments and makes you feel at ease at all times. He is very personable and friendly. I highly recommend him.
in Everett, Wa. |
Dr.Kinahan is a great surgeon. He cares about his patients. He is friendly and engaging. I've had four surgeries performed by him with great results.
in Bothell, WA |
My experience with Dr Kinahan has been nothing but outstanding. He always made you feel comfortable and at ease. He would listen to what you have to say and talk to you in a manner that made it easy to understand. My entire surgery process from beginning to end was done exactly as was planned. Now I am fully recovered and would recommend Dr Kinahan to all my friends and relatives.
in Everett, WA |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Kinahan , to anyone. I believe he is a great Dr. , who explains everything that is going on with your condition. He will answer any questions regarding. I think he truly cares for the patient and the success of healing.
in Everett, WA |
Dr.kinahan is a great surgeon, he has perform 2knee surgeries to get me back to heavy construction work in a quick and timel manner, he has also repair my right rotator cuff. In which I ripped the tendon completely off the bone. I would highly recommend his skills and caring for the patients. I have also recommend him to a coworker.
Everett, WA |
I would highly recommend Dr. Kinahan for all of your ortho needs. Absolutely wonderful!
Lake Stevens, WA |
Dr. Kinahan is amazing. He treated the whole person not just the fracture. Thank you!
Tulalip, WA |
THE most fabulous doctor I have ever had the pleasure of working with. He treated my 5th grader as he would an adult - with compassion, expertise, and a great sense of humour. THANK YOU!
Marysville, WA |
Dr. Kinahan was a joy! He explained everything to my 10 year old daughter and has THE BEST bedside manner I have ever experienced. Great job! I hope to never need him again but so thankful he is there!
arlington, wa |
Dr. Kinahan was very good with his explanations of what would be done when the surgery was performed. He did a very good job on the surgery he performed on my right shoulder. I would recommend him to anyone who has shoulder problems. He did a good job.
in Everett, WA |
Dr. Peter Kinahan was highly recommended by friends and co workers as an outstanding orthopedic surgeon. I feel very fortunate that I chose him for my care for my knee surgeries. He is a very down to earth, warm, and caring Doctor and I highly recommend him. Thank you Dr. Kinahan your the best!
in Everett, WA |
I highly recommend Dr. Kinahan. I have seen him for over 10 yrs and will not go to anyone else for my knee problems. If your looking for a new orthopedic Dr. you should definitely consider a consultation with him. I have referred several people to him and they were not dissatisfied.
Seattle, WA |
Professional and personable; experience is friendly and sociable, not just clinical. I will (and have) recommend Dr. Kinahan to others.
in Everett, WA |
I would definitely recommend Dr Kinahan because he is so personable and cares about his patients, he listens to you and some doctors don't take that time. I'm happy I found a great doctor.
in Marysville, WA |
I am looking forward to my next hike, thanks to Dr K.
in Snohomish, WA |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Kinahan to my family and friends. His knowledge, skill, and level of care are second to none. He has a calming manner in the face of stressful procedures, which I appreciate very much!
in Marysville, WA |
Dr. Kinehan is actually a miracle worker! Aside from being attentive and tons of fun, he's a top of the line surgeon. My life is significantly changed after being successfully treated by Dr. Kinehan. If you are lucky enough to have him as your Dr., I'm certain you'll feel the same! Thank you, Dr. Kinehan
in Auburn, WA |
Drove from Auburn to see Dr. Kinahan and he diagnosed what others haven't been able to detect after almost 9 months or dealing with pain. Worth the drive!!
in Sedro Woolley, WA |
I had been to other orthopedic docs. They were arrogant and wrong in their diagnosis. Dr Kinahan is the kindest surgeon I have ever had the pleasure to meet. He is an excellent surgeon and a very kind person in general. Sometimes he is too busy and rushed but I would never let that discourage.
Have you seen Dr. Peter Kinahan, MD?
Are you Dr. Kinahan?