Dr. Peter Katz, MD

Dr. Peter Katz, MD

Dermatology  |

Dr. Peter Katz, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Appleton, WI. He is 39 years old and has been practicing for 8 years. Read his story

Forefront Dermatology - Appleton

3935 N Lightning Dr

Appleton, WI 54913

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Katz

See how frequently Dr. Katz performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Skin Infections
Acne
Rash
high

Dr. Katz's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Katz's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Katz "Dr. Katz is a Board-Certified Dermatologist who is knowledgeable in the latest treatment protocols for skin diseases and conditions. Professional areas of interest include early skin cancer detection and treatments of rosacea, eczema and atopic dermatitis, acne, psoriasis, vitiligo, warts, molluscum, skin allergies, rashes, dermatologic surgery for skin cancer and problematic growths, surgical treatment of rhinophyma and laser tattoo removal."

This content was provided by Dr. Katz "Forefront Dermatology is committed to providing the most innovative, leading-edge and appropriate medical dermatology solutions for healthy and beautiful skin. Whether you're suffering from an unexplained chronic skin condition, are embarrassed by acne or want a thorough skin cancer screening, we help detect problems before they become critical, physically or emotionally, and treat all diseases involving the skin, hair and nails. Our patients come to us with medical problems they can see and feel. We respect their unique reactions to these conditions, and we understand the effect they have on their lives. We address each patient with empathy, and we design personalized treatment recommendations that respect the whole person, inside and out."

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Birthmark
  • Hives
  • Ingrown Nail
  • Itchy Skin
  • Mole
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Tattoo Removal
  • Wart Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

• University Of Wisconsin-Whitewater
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2002
  • Medical College Of Wisconsin
    Medical School | Graduated 2009
  • Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center-Milwaukee
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2009
  • University Of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011

Dr. Katz has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dermatology, Member
  • American Contact Dermatitis Society, Member
  • American Medical Association, Member

Dr. Katz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Katz to family and friends
Dr. Katz's Performance
Waupaca, WI |
Highly recommend, got there early and no problem got in right away. Front desk ladies are very sweet and helpful.
in Appleton, WI |
Dr. Katz is extremely knowledgeable, efficient and patient oriented. He listens to my concerns and takes as much time as necessary to clarify any diagnosis.
Appleton |
Dr. Katz was very professional, friendly and explained everything he was doing in detail. I would recommend him to anyone needing a Dermatologist.
in Hortonville |
Professional service
in Little chute, WI |
He listens to your problems and really works hard find a solution.
in Winneconne wi |
Best I've been to.
in Appleton, WI |
I was very Pleased with Dr. Katz he solved a two year old problem in a few minutes.
in Waupaca, WI |
Dr Katz is great. Wouldn’t go to anyone else!!!
in Appleton WI |
Dr.. Katz is very professional yet extremely easy to talk to and is an excellent listener. I feel very confident going to him each year for my annual skin cancer exam. I highly recommend him to others.
Sherwood |
Very friendly and professional. I went in to have a mole/freckle thing looked at and he checked for other possible issues. He burned a couple things off, including one on my nose. NO PAIN. and healed very quickly. Overall great experience...for a doctor appointment. Something I wouldn't choose to do for a good time :-).
in Appleton, WI |
Got an appointment right away. Very friendly staff. Everything is explained to you. The doctor takes time to talk to you and explains options to you. Excellent experience.
in Grand Chute, WI |
Dr. Katz is great! Very personable. Does a great job with skin problems and especially removals leaving zero scarring. I couldn't be more pleased with him as my dermatologist. I have been his patient for over five years. DLK
Appleton, WI |
Very thorough and personable, explains everything that he is doing. Would definitely recommend.
in Appleton, WI |
Dr. Katz is amazing. I have been seeing him for years for my semi annual skin checks. He is very detailed, and everything he has identified as abnormal has been. He is very smart and extremely easy to talk to. He is very good at explaining things in medical terms and in a way that is easy to understand.
Clintonville, WI |
Dr Katz is very good at explaining diagnosis and plan of action. I went to Dr Katz for a second opinion and wish I would have went to him sooner. I would highly recommend him.
Appleton, WI |
I have been a patient of Dr. Katz for 5 years+. He is thorough and conscientious - always professional . An area that required surgery was so well done that it is extremely difficult to see the scar. I have recommended him to my sister and several others and they gave him high marks.
Appleton, WI |
Dr. Katz does a great job with his customers. The nurses make sure everything is ready prior to him coming into the room, he is very efficient and answers all questions and moves on. Thank you, Jeff
in Appleton, WI |
Excellent patient interaction and empathy.
Appleton, WI |
Dr. Katz is great! He's very thorough and very pleasant.
in Appleton, WI |
I had very little waiting and all the staff was polite and friendly. Dr. Katz explained what he was doing and why. I would recommend him very highly!!
in New London, WI |
Doctor Katz is informative and is very pleasant. He makes sure you understand the issue you have come to see him for - the causes, as well as the outcome for the future with the problem at hand. I would highly recommend Doctor Katz to anyone who finds they need the services of a dermatologist.
Los Angeles, CA |
I was very impressed with Dr. Katz. I had a skin screening and he was very thorough!
Appleton, WI |
Dr, Katz was very good. His discussion about the visit was fact full and direct, while easy to understand. He was very straight forward with us about our circumstance. Would definitely recommend to others.
in Appleton, WI |
Dr. Peter Katz is an AWESOME doctor! He made both my boys feel comfortable & relaxed with him. And his treatment is working!
Absolutely excellent experience. Dr. Katz and staff are wonderful to work with. I would highly recommend his services.
Fox Lake, IL |
Dr. Katz is professional and compassionate. He and his staff answer questions and instill confidence.
Appleton, WI |
Very comfortable well organized clinic. Dr Katz very thorough, explained the skin exam I got and performed the lesion freezing and biopsies very professionally.
Arcadia, WI |
Dr. Katz is excellent. Was in and out of office in 20 minutes. Very easy to talk to and great care.
Appleton, WI |
Dr. Katz is very personable, has an excellent bedside manner, and is very knowledgeable in his field. He even answered some of this old man's medical questions unrelated to dermatology. Highly recommend Dr. Katz!
Appleton, WI |
Easy to get an appointment to have a spot checked. Dr. Katz explained what he thought it may be, how he wanted to treat it that day, and what the plan for follow-up would be.
in Appleton, WI |
I just had my first appointment with Dr. Katz. I found him to be very professional and personable. He is knowledgeable and has a great bedside manner. I felt I was getting the very best care and advise. Truly a wonderful physician. The entire staff at Forefront Dermatology is just great.
in Appleton, WI |
Dr Katz is personable, professional and does a thorough job. He has been checking my skin for four years since I had a melanoma removed. He has removed a number of pre-cancerous spots quickly and effectively.
in Appleton, WI |
Dr. Katz is very easy to talk to. Explains treatments and takes time to answers your questions so you know what to expect.. Staff is also very friendly.
Greenville, WI |
Dr. Katz is a very competent Doctor. He has surgically removed skin cancers from my back twice. I would recommend him highly.
Appleton, WI |
Dr. Katz was wonderful!!!
in Appleton, WI |
My exam and treatment by Dr. Katz was very efficient, professional, and pleasant.
in Appleton, WI |
Without hesitation I can recommend Dr. Peter Katz. I have been seeing him for about 3 years and always come away impressed. He is easy to speak with and he listens well. He is providing great care and recommends the appropriate follow-up measures.
Greenville, WI |
I have been going to Dr. Katz for several years. I feel comfortable with him and trust him. He performs thorough checkups and surgery he has performed has gone seamless, with minimal scarring. I would definitely and highly recommend him to any family or friends.
in New London, WI |
I have been a patient of Dr. Katz for a few years now. He is very professional, friendly and thorough. I have been quite satisfied with my treatments as he has removed several pre-cancer spots and had minor surgery on a basil cell spot. I feel confident to continue my treatment with Dr. Katz. Thank You. Jim Fauske New London WI
Neenah, WI |
Explained all treatments for my skin issue and considered all different options. Would recommend Dr. Katz to anyone!
in Appleton, WI |
Personable, professional physician. I have had several procedures done by him and am completely satisfied with his service and care.
in Appleton, WI |
Dr. Peter Katz is the best doctor walking on the surface of the Earth. His technical knowledge is impeccable, his bedside manner warm and caring, he takes the time to explain in detail. He is an absolutely awesome doctors whom I trust totally to care for my health.
Appleton, WI |
Dr. Katz listens closely - then offers his ideas on treatment in a way that's easy to understand. I've needed help from a dermatologist several times...he's never let me down.
appleton, WI |
Very professional, knowledgable and understanding. Makes an uncomfortable appointment feel comfortable; feel like im in great hands.
Dr. Katz was very knowledgeable and took the time to appropriately assess and treat my skin conditions as well as discussing future treatment options for non-urgent concerns.
in Appleton, WI |
My visit to see Dr Katz went very well! I asked questions and He gave me understandable answers to them. Excellent manners along with his staff members too, which means a lot to me! He is very knowledgeable about what he practices and is not the kind of Doctor that jumps into prescriptions if not needed, but gives the patient optional over the counter products that he would recommend. I was very pleased with my visit and his findings! I'm happy that I was referred to visit Dr Katz!!
in Lena, WI |
Dr. Katz did a great job of explaining my options, managing the treatment costs, and providing effective treatment.
in Kaukauna, WI |
In my opinion, Doctor Katz is a very good dermatologist. He covered all the bases with me regarding my concerns in a very caring, friendly, and professional manner. I highly recommend Dr. Katz and his team. Thank you!
in Appleton, WI |
Dr. Katz is a warm and friendly person that put you at ease. He takes care to explain the process and desires to see that you understand what the diagnosis is and what the plan for next steps could be. He allows the patient to get involved in the process and the decision making.
in Greenville, WI |
Dr. Katz is very professional but friendly- I feel like he really listens and considers what i say. He is in pretty high demand though so make appointments early, I had a 4 week wait for a cosmetic procedure.
Have you seen Dr. Peter Katz, MD?

Visit Dr. Katz

Dr. Katz accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.