Dr. Peter Hoepfner, MD

Dr. Peter Hoepfner, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

Dr. Peter Hoepfner, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Libertyville, IL. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Hoepfner is affiliated with Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital and Advocate Condell Medical Center.

Dr. Hoepfner's Experience

See how Dr. Hoepfner's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hoepfner

Dr. Hoepfner accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Hoepfner has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hoepfner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hoepfner to family and friends
Dr. Hoepfner's Performance
My experience at IBJI and with Dr. Hoepfner was incredible!!! First off, when I came in his secretary was very welcoming and cheerful. The wait time was under 10 minutes so it was really quick!! I had come in with a carpel tunnel injury, and he treated it perfectly. I would recommend Dr. Hoepfner because he is patient, welcoming, and professional. Thank you so much doc!!
Lake Forest, IL |
Dr. Hoepfner is a fabulous surgeon and a fine person. Great bedside manor- tells you all you need to know and always takes whatever time is needed to answer any and all questions you may have. I had two different hand surgeries back to back and recovery and rehab time were just as he said they would be. His staff is very kind and professional, always willing to help and very accommodating. They have a great system that really works for the patients.
in 60002 |
Great doctor and great staff
in Burlington, WI |
Dr Hoepfner is a true professional, at every phase he made me feel comfortable and informed all the way up to , and including surgery. we all strive to be the best in life at what we do, well he is the best! i would recommend him to everyone i know. its neat to see a doctor that really cares about you.
in Round Lake Beach, IL |
Dr Hoepfner is wonderful. He did surgery on my wrist for a condition that isn't too common. He was very thorough in explaining the procedure he was doing. He had great knowledge of how to correct this issue. He was great afterwards with follow up to see how it was healing.
in Lake Bluff, IL |
Thorough in explanations and professional in his delivery of care. Dr. Hoepfner saw me through emergency surgery and the months following recovery. He listened attentively and showed compassion as I was readied for surgery and during the challenges of healing process. His staff were efficient and friendly. When you are able to say that an unexpected surgery is a positive experience, beginning to end, its clearly driven by a skilled surgeon!
in Grayslake il |
I fell 1/28/16 completely crushing my wrist. Dr. Hoepfner literally performed a miracle on my arm. I have 2 metal plates and 25 pins and screws in my arm but it looks and feels normal now. The recovery was long. I am 71 and it takes me a little longer to heal than when younger. I received the very best care and follow up I believe it is possible to give. I am forever grateful to Dr. Hoepfner and recommend him with the highest praise.
in Antioch, IL |
Dr. Hoepfner identified my issue on the first visit. I was given a cortisone shot, that resolved my trigger finger issue, and the pain was resolved and returned to normal in a couple of days. I would recommend him highly! He explained the issue and treatment very clearly. If I ever have any issue in the future, I would definitely see Dr. Hoepfner!
in Mundelein, Illinois |
I broke my right wrist a few days before Memorial Day weekend. After being seen in the E.R. I was referred to Dr. Hoepfner for follow-up. He said I would need surgery to regain full function. I needed a pre-op physical but I was new to the area and didn't know any doctors here. He arranged for a physical, conferred with my doctor in Maryland and within a few days the surgery was done; all over the holiday. After a short PT my wrist is as good as new. Many thanks to Dr. Hoepfner and staff.
in Wadsworth, IL |
Dr Hoepfner was very nice and took time to talk to me about my injury. I had gone to see another doctor prior to seeing him and the other doctor dismissed my problems and told me to wait 6 more months to see if it would get better. I had shattered my wrist the year before but the hardware was bothering me. Dr. Hoepfner removed the hardware and cleaned up cartilage and bone chips from my wrist. It's great I'm back to using my wrist 100% pretty much with out pain.
in Grayslake, IL |
Dr. Hoepfner performed surgery on my right wrist for tendinitis. He answered all my questions before and after surgery and was very easy to talk to. The pain in my wrist and thumb is gone and the incision is healing nicely.
in Waukegan, IL |
I tore my distal bicep tendon early 2015 i hyper extended my arm causing it to tear. i remained injured for 6 months until i decided to get surgery, my tendon was no longer good so Dr. Hoepfner suggested graphing Achilles tendon from a cadaver, 5 months later im back to my normal work outs. the best part is Dr. Hoepfner attentiveness and care for my surgery, he went as far as to cut along my tattoo sleeve to not ruin it which i thank him for greatly. i will always recommend Dr. Hoepfner.
Grayslake, IL |
Dr. Hoepfner was very conscientious about treating my broken radius. He performed surgery which yielded excellent results that allowed me to progress well in physical therapy.
in Lake Villa, IL |
Dr. Hoepfner is very personable & easy to talk to. He was very thorough throughout my whole experience with my carpel tunnel surgery. The numbness & tingling in my right hand is totally gone. I am very pleased with the outcome.
Have you seen Dr. Peter Hoepfner, MD?
Are you Dr. Hoepfner?

Compare Dr. Hoepfner

Dr. Hoepfner's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Hoepfner has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hoepfner's Board Certifications

• Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Sternum Fracture
  • Trigger Finger

Med Coll Of Wi

Graduated in 1998

Dr. Hoepfner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hoepfner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery