Dr. Peter Hilger, MD

Plastic Surgery | Male

Dr. Peter Hilger, MD

Greetings, I specialize in cosmetic and reconstructive facial plastic surgery

Dr. Hilger's Care Philosophy

In times of expanding knowledge and proliferation of techniques based on evolving technologies, subspecialization in medicine has enhanced patients' lives. This is equally true in facial plastic surgery where we have been leaders for over 30 years. In our focused practice we are committed to a partnership of care. Essential elements of this partnership include a comprehensive consultation that provides an in depth evaluation of aesthetic and reconstructive concerns and "down to earth" education that facilitate patient understanding of the wide spectrum of options available including minimally invasive interventions as well as standard proven techniques. Our ultimate goal is to provide flattering enhancements for patients that appear natural and harmonious with other attractive facial features. Each patient's care will occur in a superbly competent, warm and comforting environment.

Dr. Hilger's Experience

See how Dr. Hilger's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hilger

Dr. Hilger accepts 32 insurance carriers

Dr. Hilger is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Hilger has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hilger's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hilger to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Hilger's Performance
Minneapolis, MN |
I've had a terrible experience and it's been years since surgery. I would recommend seeking multiple opinions.
in St Paul, MN |
I JUST LOVE HIM. I HAD NO NOSE PAIN AFTER SURGERY! BRUISING AROUND MY EYES only lasted 7 DAYS! I received Rhinoplasty & was not nervous at all knowing I would be in great hands. His background as an Ear Nose and Throat Doctor is comforting as his main priority is achieving the best results for open passageways while achieving the best aesthetics. His judgement his outstanding. I LOVE MY NOSE. Staff is great! Dr. Hilger is who you need to see. The price is worth the experience and results :)
in MN |
Thank you to Dr Hilger and his staff as they worked with our eight-year-old through the process of an otoplasty. They answered all of our questions before the procedure, kept her content and at ease during the procedure and answered our questions after the procedure. She looks great and has a new confidence after her surgery.
in Edina, MN |
Dr. Hilger is amazing- he's not only a great surgeon, but is also an incredibly caring person. I met with several surgeons before my rhinoplasty and knew immediately after meeting with Dr. Hilger that he was the surgeon for me. He does more rhinoplasties than any other surgeon in MN and even teaches other facial plastic surgeons. I am so happy that I chose him - my nose looks great!! He understood exactly what I wanted changed about my nose and gave me that (nothing more, nothing less)!
Chaska, MN |
Dr. Hilger and his staff are wonderful. He is thorough, forthright, and as experienced as it gets in his specialties. I had a complicated reconstruction after multiple past surgeries which fell right across the border of ENT and facial plastic reconstruction. It was not within the comfort zone of several other respected providers in the area. I am very grateful to Dr. Hilger for everything. I might need small revisions in the future - that is normal and part of the healing process. He's great.
in Chaska, MN |
Dr. Peter Hilger is an amazing skilled and talented surgeon providing personal attention and professional services. Additionally, his high energy, friendly and caring manner played a vital role in making my surgery and recovery a happy place.
in minneapolis, mn |
Dr Hilger fixed my deviated septum and did an excellent job. Everything was explained to me before the operation so I was prepared for my recovery. I would definitely recommend Dr Hilger to my friends and family.
Minnetonka |
I had a cosmetic surgery with Dr. Hilger. I am delighted with the results. Everything looks so natural. I look so much younger but still look like me. He's the best!
St Paul, MN |
Dr. Hilger, and his staff were Awesome. I had Mohs surgery done at another facility for some cancer I had by my eye. It was so close to my eye that I thought I would have to have major surgery to repair. Dr. Hilger was able to avoid my tear ducts and repair the damage that was done by the Moh's surgery. I am amazed and thankful that no one can tell that I had cancer or surgery. . I would highly recommend Dr. Hilger.
in St Paul, MN |
Dr. Hilger is a fantastic surgeon!!!!! He is the only Dr. that will ever touch my face!! He did a fantastic job on my surgery. He took his time and explained every thing to me. He is very warm and caring !! So nice to have such a wonderful Dr.!!
Eden Prairie |
In one week, my husband lost his job, my oldest son's house was hit by a tornado, and our younger son was severely injured in a Rugby game, (they called it an orbital blowout!). Our insurance was due to run out in 10 days,we needed help fast! We received a call from a friend suggesting we see Dr Peter Hilger. He and his staff went out of their way to make sure we had the best care, in the least amount of time, without compromising the integrity of this young man's face. We are grateful.
in Minneapolis, MN |
Amazing experience. Dr. Hilger spent a great deal of time with the initial consultation making sure I understood all my options. He delivered an amazing result and I couldn't be happier with the way I look. I would highly recommend Dr. Hilger to anyone seeking eye lid surgery.
in Minneapolis, MN |
I would (and have) recommended Dr. Hilger to several friends. I think very highly of him and his skill. I've had several facial procedures done by Dr. Hilger and am completely happy with the results.
Lakeville, MN |
The best Dr. I have ever had...funny, understanding and very good at giving information and explaining things about the surgery. I have had friends who have gone and had work done by Dr. Hilger and had the same great experience I had. Would highly recommend him to anyone!
St Paul, MN |
I had eyelid, eyebrow lift done a few years ago with excellent results. I had pre op instructions and found recovery smooth. It helped to follow recommendations. Every one I have sent to Dr Hilger has had wonderful things to say
St Paul, MN |
Dr Hilger was very professional and easy to discuss my pending procedure with. He explained all aspects clearly including what I could expect and should watch for after my procedure. He clearly is a leader in the facial plastic surgery field. I have no noticeable scar due to his surgical skills and have not had any problems since my surgery 5 years ago. Highly recommend he and his staff.
Scottsdale, AZ |
Great surgeon.Very happy with result.
in Minneapolis, MN |
I am so grateful to Dr. Hilger for everything he has done for me. I was told by other doctors that my case was difficult and was unable to find someone who could address my issues for a very long time. I was finally referred to Dr. Hilger by another doctor. He helped me understand what was going on with my nose and my entire procedure went smoothly. I am so happy with my results. Thank you!
Dr. Hilger takes on Rhinoplasty that have been "Botched." Most surgeons will not operate on someone like me that looks pretty good, but could not breathe after a cosmetic rhinoplasty. I was told by other surgeons that they are a very difficult procedure and were not willing or able help. I was referred to Dr.Hilger by 2 other Plastic Surgeons. He was the one who rescued me. When it came down to the function of my nose it needed to be fixed. I will always be indebted to him.
St Paul, MN |
I had a terrible outcome with Dr. Hilger. He was suppose to only add cartilage to my nostrils and open my airways, but he decided to take out a lot cartilage from the front of my nose and shortened it. My nose looks deformed in photos and my breathing issues were not corrected. He is an arrogant man who lacks any humility and there is nothing compassionate about him. It is all about his ego. Make sure if you use him that you understand Informed Medical Consent and your rights as a patient.
in St. Paul, MN |
Dr. Hilger performed a septorhinoplasty on me in December. It was a complicated procedure and several factors about the structure of my nose and skin put me at risk for requiring a second rhinoplasty. Dr. Hilger's experience is invaluable! I am thrilled with the outcome. I recommend Dr. Hilger to anyone considering facial surgery.
in Fargo, ND |
Dr. Hilger is an OUTSTANDING plastic surgeon/ENT. Unfortunately I have substantial experience because of numerous septum surgeries with negative results. Dr. Hilger's skill and expertise are beyond exceptional. And he is a wonderful person -- kind and caring. I can't say enough great things about Dr. Hilger and am thankful he is in Minnesota!
in St Paul, MN |
Dr. Hilger brings a lifetime of experience with him at no extra charge. He obviously wants to help people with his vast surgical knowledge, and is very skilled. He offers the added benefit of being an Ear, Nose, Throat specialist, and his results are praised by doctors and staff that have worked with him.
in Edina, MN |
Dr. Hilger was fantastic to work with. He answered all questions, and has exceptional expertise! He had come highly recommended for my procedure. I can see why. I have a saying, if you found your car keys, why keep looking! When I met Dr. Hilger for our consult, and after seeing my fantastic results I needed to look no further. I had found my car keys with Dr. Hilger.
in Eden Prairie, MN |
Dr Hilger is very personable and explains everything in terms anyone can understand. He made me feel at ease and he is very easy to talk to.
Have you seen Dr. Peter Hilger, MD?
Are you Dr. Hilger?

Compare Dr. Hilger

Dr. Hilger says...

Greetings,

I specialize in cosmetic and reconstructive facial plastic surgery

Dr. Hilger's Care Philosophy

Dr. Hilger says...

Our office specializes in cosmetic and reconstructive facial surgery. Dr Hilger has been in practice over 25 years and is highly regarded for rhinoplasty, facelift, eyelid surgery as well as reconstruction after skin cancers and trauma. He has been an active member of the medical community having serve as President of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and President of the American Board of Otolaryngology. He is a Professor at the University of Minnesota.

Dr. Hilger's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Plastic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Otolaryngology and Plastic Surgery & Facial Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Minnesota not available

Dr. Hilger has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Minnesota.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hilger's Board Certifications

Completed in 1980

Harvard University
    University Of Minnesota / Twin Cities Campus

Graduated in 1970

Dr. Hilger does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hilger and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Plastic Surgery

• Facial Reconstruction
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Liposuction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis