Dr. Peter Grossi, MD

Neurosurgery •  Male • Age 45

Dr. Grossi

Duke Neurosurgery

3480 Wake Forest Rd Raleigh, NC 27609

Dr. Peter Grossi, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Raleigh, NC and has over 18 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Grossi has more experience with Spine and Cranial Neurosurgery than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Duke University School Of Medicine medical school in 2002. He is affiliated with medical facilities Duke Health Raleigh Hospital and Duke University Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Grossi to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Neurosurgeons in your area

See similar Neurosurgeons in Raleigh

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Grossi accepts

Dr. Grossi accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

Spine

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.Compare with other Spine specialists.

Typically treats 67% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 20 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Dr. Grossi performs Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities more than 94% of their peers

Dr. Grossi performs this procedure more than 94% of their peers

Coccygeal Pain

Dr. Grossi treats Coccygeal Pain more than 94% of their peers

Dr. Grossi treats this condition more than 94% of their peers

Spinal Fusion

Dr. Grossi performs Spinal Fusion more than 92% of their peers

Dr. Grossi performs this procedure more than 92% of their peers

Cranial Neurosurgery

Cranial neurosurgeons perform surgical procedures that involve opening or passing through the skull to treat conditions affecting the brain, spinal cord, and nervous system.Compare with other Cranial Neurosurgery specialists.

Typically treats 57% more than their peers

high

Dr. Grossi performs Neurostimulation more than 79% of their peers

Dr. Grossi performs this procedure more than 79% of their peers

Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal

Dr. Grossi performs Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal more than 57% of their peers

Dr. Grossi performs this procedure more than 57% of their peers

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Meningiomas
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Thrombosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Trigger Finger

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Peter Grossi, MD...

Communicate via email?

Offer weekend visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer evening visits?

Dr. Grossi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Grossi

Dr. Grossi?
What People Say About Dr. Peter Grossi, MD
I had back surgery late May of 2020. I was having shooting pain down both legs prior to the surgery making it hard to walk. At my pre-op meeting, after discussing at length the MRI results and what they meant, Dr. G recommended inserting a coflex instead of fusion to fix a spacing problem between two of my lower vertebrae. Dr. G removed the synovial cyst that was causing the pain and inserted a coflex device to reduce the space between two of my vertebrae. Results so far are fabulous!! Less than two weeks out I am walking 4.5 miles a day and the nerve pain is gone. Only feeling residual pain around the surgery incision, which is getting better every day. I highly recommend Dr Grossi and his team for your back surgery!!
David A. – Jun 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
I went to see Dr. Grossi after he was recommended to me for neck my issues. He showed me exactly what was going and answered all of my questions during the initial consult. I was nervous about surgery but scheduled two- level ACDF surgery a few months ago. The surgery itself was a breeze. Dr. Grossi told me what to expect before and after, and everytime went great. I'm now pain free and glad I had the procedure done. Dr. Grossi is very professional, knowledgeable and caring. I highly recommend him- his support staff are also great, Ann and Chris.
M. Leonard – Jan 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
Dr. Grossi and his team are wonderful! They always take their time with you and explain everything. They were always pleasant and professional. They answered all questions and eased my anxiety about the cervical surgery I needed. The surgery was a success and I’m so thankful! Dr. Grossi always took his time to answer questions and demonstrated a genuine caring about me. In addition, he’s a fantastic neurosurgeon and I would highly recommend him!
Mar 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
Couldn’t be more please with Dr Grossi and his whole staff! I highly encouraged anyone with back issues to make an appointment and have him see what can be done. After suffering from debilitating back pain I am now back doing what I love, surfing! Thank you Dr. Grossi and staff as well as Duke Raleigh hospital for your awesome service!
Ron Butler in Swansboro, NC – Dec 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
Dr. Grossi performed an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion on C4-7. I am now 4 months out without any complications. I took only a few tylenol from day of surgery to present for pain. I don't think it gets any better than that. My highest recommendations. George C
George Clark in Raleigh, NC – Sep 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
Everything was great with Dr Grossi. he spoke to me in common language. He explained everything and presented my options. I trusted my life to this man and would do it again with no reservations.
G. Taylor in Erwin, NC – Sep 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
I trusted Dr. Peter Grossi from day one! Dr. Grossi and his team were extremely accommodating, very compassionate and quite knowledgable. My diagnosis was thoroughly explained and treatment options were fully discussed before proceeding with surgery. I experienced first-class service from my initial consultation through my post-surgery follow up appointment. Dr. Grossi is a supreme surgeon in every way!
Jan Woodard in Raleigh, NC – Jul 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
Visited Dr. Grossi today and was more than satisfied with this appointment. He explained everything to me about my conditions and showed me my scans and even had a model of a brain to illustrate even further. He took his time to answer my concerns and questions and I never felt rushed. Has a very professional manner while still maintaining a friendly, approachable demeanor. I highly recommend Dr. Grossi to anyone in need of a first rate neurosurgeon.
Claire Maggio in Wake Forest, NC – Jul 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
If I could give Dr. Grossi 100 stars I would! On March 27, 2017 Dr. Grossi performed my second anterior cervical discectomy--the first was done in 1999 in WA state. I feel so blessed that my primary care doctor in Wilmington, NC was able to get me into Dr. Grossi. My goal was to be a 3 or 4 without medication and I am almost pain free as long as I don't over do or sit wrong at a desk. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Grossi. My Mom is even considering coming out from WA for her next surgery.
Lisa Hole in Hope Mills, NC – Jun 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
Having had a chronic illness for 28 years, I have had experience with a plethora of doctors. The level of care that I received from Dr. Grossi and his team (PA's, nurse, office staff) was exceptional. From the initial evaluation of my spinal problems, to addressing some complications, to surgery and post-op care, Dr. Grossi exceeded my expectations. With this doctor, explanations are extensive and clear, surgical skills are top notch, & post-op care is thorough, realistic and encouraging.
Jane P. in Wilmington, NC – Feb 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
I feel so incredibly blessed to call Dr. Grossi my neurosurgeon. I will never be able to repay him for the excellent care he has given me.
Jeanne Hagy in Clayton, NC – Feb 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
I visited Dr. Grossi's service with excruciating right arm and neck pain from a pinched nerve in my cervical spine. Dr. Grossi listened to me and understood the pain I was experiencing. He explained my options and suggested that I do my research to feel comfortable about the device of my choosing. I was back to work a month later. I felt like a human being again. There was no arm or neck pain! Dr. Grossi's staff are all caring and exceptional. I have recommended Dr. Grossi to a friend.
Melony in Youngsville, NC – Feb 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
Dr Grossi has the reputation of being the best in our area. That is why I chose him for my L4-5 lumbar fusion. I am now 6 weeks post op and I feel great. I am so happy I had the surgery. Dr Grossi's whole staff was wonderful and attentive, returning calls same day. I couldn't ask for a better experience.
Joy Nichols in Apex, NC – Jul 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Grossi by a friend who is a nurse at Duke Raleigh. Although I already had visited another neurosurgeon, she insisted that I schedule an appointment with him. My husband and I were so impressed with his knowledge regarding the latest treatment plans for my neck pain. Dr. Grossi took quite a bit of time to explain the surgery procedure and to answer questions. I am most pleased that my pain level has gone from a 7 to 10 to a zero!
Deborah in Wake Forest, NC – Jun 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
Only doctor I would recommend for neurosurgery. Excellent work and takes time to converse with you not to you!
William in Raleigh, NC – Jun 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
Dr. Grossi was amazing , he spoke with you and to you not at you. Very friendly and helpful. He answered all my questions and then some.
Lynn Conigliaro in Southern Pines, NC – Apr 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
While there is some waiting past scheduled appointment time, Dr. Grossi does not rush through appointments, gives extra time for questions and explanation. The surgery he preformed Sept 2015, has changed my life! I would highly recommend him to anyone!
Raleigh, NC – Mar 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
I had an MRI rhat showed serious damage to my L3 4 & 5. I was referred to Dr. Grossi and scheduled for surgery very quickly on March 21, 2012. I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease. He had to remove my L3, fused my L4 & L5. Put in 2 Rods & 4 screws. I was in a back brace for 6 weeks. It is now 4 years later and my lower back still feels great! Dr. Grossi is a FANTASTIC doctor and have referred several people to him over the years and will continue to do so.
Beth Cooper in Garner, NC – Mar 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
We sought out Dr. Grossi for a second opinion after researching many other neurosurgeons who perform back surgery. I found Dr. Grossi to be very attentive in listening to my issues and where I wished to be in the future. He suggested two options to address my issues and went into great detail regarding these options, one of which I was not familiar with (XLIF). I never felt rushed and every concern was addressed.
Stephen Ross in Southern Pines, NC – Feb 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
Extremely skilled expert with patience and the excellent communication skills necessary to explain the problems/solutions. Answered every question I had to my complete satisfaction. An extremely well organized office and professional staff who were ready, willing and able to help with anything in the office or outside of the office (pre or post-op). Specific thanks to Alicia LPN, Chris RN, Anna NP, reception, and SUPERB RNs on the floor- Sara Weaver, RN-all night awesome, & Michelle, RN.
David Powell Holt, Sr. in Raleigh, NC – Jan 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Grossi?

• Neurosurgery

Duke University School Of Medicine
1997
Amherst College

More Information

• Does Dr. Grossi communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Grossi communicates via email

• Does Dr. Grossi offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Grossi offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Grossi offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Grossi offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Grossi have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Grossi has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Grossi offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Grossi offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Grossi offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Grossi offers evening visits