Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Peter Grossi, MD
Dr. Peter Grossi, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Raleigh, NC. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 15 years. Dr. Grossi is affiliated with Duke Health Raleigh Hospital.

3480 Wake Forest Rd

Raleigh, NC 27609

• American Republic
  • CoreSource
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedCost
  • MVP Health Care

Learn about Dr. Grossi

See how frequently Dr. Grossi performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Herniated Disc Surgery
Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)

Dr. Grossi's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Grossi Ive wanted to be a doctor for as long as I can remember. I grew up in a suburb of Washington DC came to Duke for medical school in 1998 and have been here ever since. I chose neuroscience as my undergraduate major at Amherst University in MA and stayed with neurosurgery because I was fascinated with the brain and its functions. I enjoy caring for my patients and seeing someone experience a good outcome that positively changed their life. When Im not working I enjoy spending time with my wife who is also a doctor and our two young daughters. I play golf when I can which is not often and really enjoy cooking. If I hadnt chosen neurosurgery for my career I would have gone to culinary school.

• Neurosurgery

• Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy

• Duke University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Duke University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

Dr. Grossi has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Grossi has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Grossi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Grossi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Grossi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Grossi to family and friends
Dr. Grossi's Performance
in Erwin, NC |
Everything was great with Dr Grossi. he spoke to me in common language. He explained everything and presented my options. I trusted my life to this man and would do it again with no reservations.
in Raleigh, NC |
I trusted Dr. Peter Grossi from day one! Dr. Grossi and his team were extremely accommodating, very compassionate and quite knowledgable. My diagnosis was thoroughly explained and treatment options were fully discussed before proceeding with surgery. I experienced first-class service from my initial consultation through my post-surgery follow up appointment. Dr. Grossi is a supreme surgeon in every way!
in Wake Forest, NC |
Visited Dr. Grossi today and was more than satisfied with this appointment. He explained everything to me about my conditions and showed me my scans and even had a model of a brain to illustrate even further. He took his time to answer my concerns and questions and I never felt rushed. Has a very professional manner while still maintaining a friendly, approachable demeanor. I highly recommend Dr. Grossi to anyone in need of a first rate neurosurgeon.
in Hope Mills, NC |
If I could give Dr. Grossi 100 stars I would! On March 27, 2017 Dr. Grossi performed my second anterior cervical discectomy--the first was done in 1999 in WA state. I feel so blessed that my primary care doctor in Wilmington, NC was able to get me into Dr. Grossi. My goal was to be a 3 or 4 without medication and I am almost pain free as long as I don't over do or sit wrong at a desk. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Grossi. My Mom is even considering coming out from WA for her next surgery.
in Wilmington, NC |
Having had a chronic illness for 28 years, I have had experience with a plethora of doctors. The level of care that I received from Dr. Grossi and his team (PA's, nurse, office staff) was exceptional. From the initial evaluation of my spinal problems, to addressing some complications, to surgery and post-op care, Dr. Grossi exceeded my expectations. With this doctor, explanations are extensive and clear, surgical skills are top notch, & post-op care is thorough, realistic and encouraging.
in Clayton, NC |
I feel so incredibly blessed to call Dr. Grossi my neurosurgeon. I will never be able to repay him for the excellent care he has given me.
in Youngsville, NC |
I visited Dr. Grossi's service with excruciating right arm and neck pain from a pinched nerve in my cervical spine. Dr. Grossi listened to me and understood the pain I was experiencing. He explained my options and suggested that I do my research to feel comfortable about the device of my choosing. I was back to work a month later. I felt like a human being again. There was no arm or neck pain! Dr. Grossi's staff are all caring and exceptional. I have recommended Dr. Grossi to a friend.
in Apex, NC |
Dr Grossi has the reputation of being the best in our area. That is why I chose him for my L4-5 lumbar fusion. I am now 6 weeks post op and I feel great. I am so happy I had the surgery. Dr Grossi's whole staff was wonderful and attentive, returning calls same day. I couldn't ask for a better experience.
in Wake Forest, NC |
I was referred to Dr. Grossi by a friend who is a nurse at Duke Raleigh. Although I already had visited another neurosurgeon, she insisted that I schedule an appointment with him. My husband and I were so impressed with his knowledge regarding the latest treatment plans for my neck pain. Dr. Grossi took quite a bit of time to explain the surgery procedure and to answer questions. I am most pleased that my pain level has gone from a 7 to 10 to a zero!
in Raleigh, NC |
Only doctor I would recommend for neurosurgery. Excellent work and takes time to converse with you not to you!
in Southern Pines, NC |
Dr. Grossi was amazing , he spoke with you and to you not at you. Very friendly and helpful. He answered all my questions and then some.
Raleigh, NC |
While there is some waiting past scheduled appointment time, Dr. Grossi does not rush through appointments, gives extra time for questions and explanation. The surgery he preformed Sept 2015, has changed my life! I would highly recommend him to anyone!
in Garner, NC |
I had an MRI rhat showed serious damage to my L3 4 & 5. I was referred to Dr. Grossi and scheduled for surgery very quickly on March 21, 2012. I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease. He had to remove my L3, fused my L4 & L5. Put in 2 Rods & 4 screws. I was in a back brace for 6 weeks. It is now 4 years later and my lower back still feels great! Dr. Grossi is a FANTASTIC doctor and have referred several people to him over the years and will continue to do so.
in Southern Pines, NC |
We sought out Dr. Grossi for a second opinion after researching many other neurosurgeons who perform back surgery. I found Dr. Grossi to be very attentive in listening to my issues and where I wished to be in the future. He suggested two options to address my issues and went into great detail regarding these options, one of which I was not familiar with (XLIF). I never felt rushed and every concern was addressed.
in Raleigh, NC |
Extremely skilled expert with patience and the excellent communication skills necessary to explain the problems/solutions. Answered every question I had to my complete satisfaction. An extremely well organized office and professional staff who were ready, willing and able to help with anything in the office or outside of the office (pre or post-op). Specific thanks to Alicia LPN, Chris RN, Anna NP, reception, and SUPERB RNs on the floor- Sara Weaver, RN-all night awesome, & Michelle, RN.
in Fuquay Varina, NC |
Been a month since back surgery. Have gotten along very well, and I attribute much of that to the great experience with Dr. Grossi.
Have you seen Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
Are you Dr. Grossi?

Visit Dr. Grossi

Dr. Grossi accepts 17 insurance carriers
  • American Republic
  • CoreSource
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedCost