Dr. Peter Grossi, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 44

Dr. Grossi

Dr. Peter Grossi, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Raleigh, NC and has been practicing for 13 years. He graduated from Duke University School Of Medicine in 2002 and specializes in neurosurgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Grossi accepts

Dr. Grossi accepts the following insurance:

American Republic
Commercial Insurance Company
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
MedCost

Coccygeal Pain

Dr. Grossi treats Coccygeal Pain more than 94% of his peers

Dr. Grossi treats this condition more than 94% of his peers

Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Dr. Grossi performs Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities more than 94% of his peers

Dr. Grossi performs this procedure more than 94% of his peers

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Puncture
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Meningiomas
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Neck Surgery
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Thrombosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Trigger Finger

Ive wanted to be a doctor for as long as I can remember. I grew up in a suburb of Washington DC came to Duke for medical school in 1998 and have been here ever since. I chose neuroscience as my undergraduate major at Amherst University in MA and stay...

• Neurosurgery

Dr. Grossi?
Dr. Grossi's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Peter Grossi, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Grossi and his team are wonderful! They always take their time with you and explain everything. They were always pleasant and professional. They answered all questions and eased my anxiety about the cervical surgery I needed. The surgery was a success and I’m so thankful! Dr. Grossi always took his time to answer questions and demonstrated a genuine caring about me. In addition, he’s a fantastic neurosurgeon and I would highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
Couldn’t be more please with Dr Grossi and his whole staff! I highly encouraged anyone with back issues to make an appointment and have him see what can be done. After suffering from debilitating back pain I am now back doing what I love, surfing! Thank you Dr. Grossi and staff as well as Duke Raleigh hospital for your awesome service!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
Dr. Grossi performed an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion on C4-7. I am now 4 months out without any complications. I took only a few tylenol from day of surgery to present for pain. I don't think it gets any better than that. My highest recommendations. George C
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
Everything was great with Dr Grossi. he spoke to me in common language. He explained everything and presented my options. I trusted my life to this man and would do it again with no reservations.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
I trusted Dr. Peter Grossi from day one! Dr. Grossi and his team were extremely accommodating, very compassionate and quite knowledgable. My diagnosis was thoroughly explained and treatment options were fully discussed before proceeding with surgery. I experienced first-class service from my initial consultation through my post-surgery follow up appointment. Dr. Grossi is a supreme surgeon in every way!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
Visited Dr. Grossi today and was more than satisfied with this appointment. He explained everything to me about my conditions and showed me my scans and even had a model of a brain to illustrate even further. He took his time to answer my concerns and questions and I never felt rushed. Has a very professional manner while still maintaining a friendly, approachable demeanor. I highly recommend Dr. Grossi to anyone in need of a first rate neurosurgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
If I could give Dr. Grossi 100 stars I would! On March 27, 2017 Dr. Grossi performed my second anterior cervical discectomy--the first was done in 1999 in WA state. I feel so blessed that my primary care doctor in Wilmington, NC was able to get me into Dr. Grossi. My goal was to be a 3 or 4 without medication and I am almost pain free as long as I don't over do or sit wrong at a desk. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Grossi. My Mom is even considering coming out from WA for her next surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
Having had a chronic illness for 28 years, I have had experience with a plethora of doctors. The level of care that I received from Dr. Grossi and his team (PA's, nurse, office staff) was exceptional. From the initial evaluation of my spinal problems, to addressing some complications, to surgery and post-op care, Dr. Grossi exceeded my expectations. With this doctor, explanations are extensive and clear, surgical skills are top notch, & post-op care is thorough, realistic and encouraging.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
I feel so incredibly blessed to call Dr. Grossi my neurosurgeon. I will never be able to repay him for the excellent care he has given me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
I visited Dr. Grossi's service with excruciating right arm and neck pain from a pinched nerve in my cervical spine. Dr. Grossi listened to me and understood the pain I was experiencing. He explained my options and suggested that I do my research to feel comfortable about the device of my choosing. I was back to work a month later. I felt like a human being again. There was no arm or neck pain! Dr. Grossi's staff are all caring and exceptional. I have recommended Dr. Grossi to a friend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
Dr Grossi has the reputation of being the best in our area. That is why I chose him for my L4-5 lumbar fusion. I am now 6 weeks post op and I feel great. I am so happy I had the surgery. Dr Grossi's whole staff was wonderful and attentive, returning calls same day. I couldn't ask for a better experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Grossi by a friend who is a nurse at Duke Raleigh. Although I already had visited another neurosurgeon, she insisted that I schedule an appointment with him. My husband and I were so impressed with his knowledge regarding the latest treatment plans for my neck pain. Dr. Grossi took quite a bit of time to explain the surgery procedure and to answer questions. I am most pleased that my pain level has gone from a 7 to 10 to a zero!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
Only doctor I would recommend for neurosurgery. Excellent work and takes time to converse with you not to you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
Dr. Grossi was amazing , he spoke with you and to you not at you. Very friendly and helpful. He answered all my questions and then some.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
While there is some waiting past scheduled appointment time, Dr. Grossi does not rush through appointments, gives extra time for questions and explanation. The surgery he preformed Sept 2015, has changed my life! I would highly recommend him to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
I had an MRI rhat showed serious damage to my L3 4 & 5. I was referred to Dr. Grossi and scheduled for surgery very quickly on March 21, 2012. I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease. He had to remove my L3, fused my L4 & L5. Put in 2 Rods & 4 screws. I was in a back brace for 6 weeks. It is now 4 years later and my lower back still feels great! Dr. Grossi is a FANTASTIC doctor and have referred several people to him over the years and will continue to do so.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
We sought out Dr. Grossi for a second opinion after researching many other neurosurgeons who perform back surgery. I found Dr. Grossi to be very attentive in listening to my issues and where I wished to be in the future. He suggested two options to address my issues and went into great detail regarding these options, one of which I was not familiar with (XLIF). I never felt rushed and every concern was addressed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
Extremely skilled expert with patience and the excellent communication skills necessary to explain the problems/solutions. Answered every question I had to my complete satisfaction. An extremely well organized office and professional staff who were ready, willing and able to help with anything in the office or outside of the office (pre or post-op). Specific thanks to Alicia LPN, Chris RN, Anna NP, reception, and SUPERB RNs on the floor- Sara Weaver, RN-all night awesome, & Michelle, RN.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?
Been a month since back surgery. Have gotten along very well, and I attribute much of that to the great experience with Dr. Grossi.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Grossi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Grossi?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Grossi treats patients.