Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation ·  Male · Age 49

Dr. Gonzalez

Orthopaedic Institute of Central Jersey

3499 US Highway 9 Ste 3B Freehold, NJ 07728

Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD is a physical medicine & rehabilitation specialist in Freehold, NJ and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from University of Medicine And Dentistry of New Jersey / Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in 2001 and specializes in physical medicine & rehabilitation, pain medicine, and more.

Dr. Gonzalez accepts

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Check Dr. Gonzalez's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Gonzalez's Top Procedures and Conditions

Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Gonzalez treats Sciatica (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Gonzalez treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

• Coccygeal Pain
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Steroid Injections
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lower Back Sprain
  • Musculoskeletal Disorders
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osgood Schlatter Disease

3.2

Dr. Gonzalez?
Dr. Gonzalez's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD
Wow, what an uninterested, condescending, waste of my time, energy, and money. I couldn’t be less satisfied with his ability to listen, attentiveness or level of care. He never addressed my excruciating pain in my bones or made an appropriate referral. “Why are you here?” he said toward the end of appt and “...I’m trying to get through to you” without reading the pages and pages of intake info I wasted my time completing or listening to anything I was explaining clearly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
Really knows how to give a great shoulder injection. The injection helped me for approximately nine months. Going back to him for another injection next week. I am supposed to get a shoulder replacement but the injections are allowing me to delay the surgery indefinitely.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
Arrived 1:45 appt with Dr Gonzalez at 1:49 for knee drainage. At 2pm I was called to fill out yet another form (I'm along term patient). At 2:26 I was called and told to leave; I was cancelled because I was late for the appt! I spoke to mgr, nothing cold be done; he refused to treat me! I was then offered appts miles away in their other locations. Stay away from this guy; he doesn't care about patients' pain. TERRIBLE! He should have his license revoked.Hippocratic oath??? I think not!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
I am a new patient of Dr. Gonzalez. In my time with him I find that he is one of the rare doctors who takes the time to listen to his patients complaints. He then gives a thoughtful and complete answer. He always asks is there anything else I should know. I am currently recieving "gel shots" for my knee. At first I was somewhat apprehensive but under his skilled hands I was pleasantly surprised to find that I actually had no reason to be afraid. I would recommend his services to all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
Dr. Gonzalez is truly the best doctor I've ever seen. He gives his honest professional opinion. He's not someone tying to make money off of you. He truly cares. He treats you as if he was treating his own mother. He's not telling me I should just go get surgery. He explained to me the best medical options for me at my age. It's nice to see a doctor you can trust.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
Dr. Gonzalez is very patient and kind. He explained everything to me so I could understand. I was in so much pain and he really took his time with me. I did not feel rushed at all. Also, I saw him Same day appointment. I'm so appreciative and I would highly recommend Dr. Gonzalez.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
I just had ultrasound guided cortisone shots in both shoulders to relieve terrible pain I suffered for several months. Dr. Gonzalez administered cortisone shots over a two week period in each shoulder. I heard terrible stories of how painful they would be. I DID NOT have any pain with either shot. Dr. Gonzalez was gentle and explained everything he did. He answered all my questions and I successfully have no more shoulder pain! Dr. Gonzalez is my hero and I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
Today I called as an emergency patient. Dr Gonzalez fit me in. He was extremely kind, very patient and helped me . I hurt my knee somehow and he was excellent. He has great bedside manners, extremely knowledgeable and felt very comforted by his knowledge. I WOULD not hesitate to recommend him. In addition, the staff was just a nice and very accommodating! My experience was terrific. I very grateful they took care of me today.. I highly recommend Dr. Gonzalez.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
NOT compassionate, no patience, he walked out. It was my first time getting an ultrasound guided shot in hip....should I have been a champ at this procedure! Learn how to care you arrogant not worthy of being a doctor human being!!!!!!!!!!! I took off from work and you wasted my TIME!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
Dr. Peter Gonzalez is very thorough and explains everything very well . He found fractures that other Doctor didn't. He showed me my fractures and explained his concerns. He also was interested in learning the details of how my accident occurred. I couldn't have found a better Doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
I was surprised to read some of these comments. i thought the doctor had a good sense of humor. I think there may be confusion with " down to earth / real people, vs. sympathy /pity. i found Dr. Gonzalez's approach to be genuine and straight forward, which I appreciated very much. He was patient; listened to my symptoms/complaints w/out judgement and discussed treatment options very clearly, being certain that i understood clearly before i left. I was very comfortable, unrushed and pleased
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
As someone who tends to rely on reviews, I was apprehensive to use Dr. Gonzalez. However, after talking to his staff, I listened to my gut and went to have an NCV/EMG Test done. I am HAPPY to say that with the litany of the tests/treatments that I have endured with my Back injury, going to Dr. Gonzalez was BY FAR the easiest. He was attentive, pleasant, engaging, and gentle. The test is said to be painful to many; but I can honestly say that it was LESS painful than Acupuncture. Go see Dr. G!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
What an inconsiderate, rude and unprofessional doctor. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. Don't waste your time or money on such an in compassionate doctor. He shouldn't be practicing medicine if he doesn't care about getting to the root of your problem. And then pointed to my age on the paperwork and told me that's why I have pain. Shame on you Dr. I wouldn't let you see my dog.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
Dr. Gonzalez is caring and patient. He spent time during the appointments explaining my problem and treatment options. My pain improved after physical therapy and injections and has allowed me to get back to the things I enjoy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
If I could give him 1/2 of a star I would. He was extremely dismissive regarding my complaints. Had a totally condescending way about him. Almost like he didn't believe the amount of pain I was in. I really wish I would have read these reviews first before allowing them to schedule me with him. This is the second doctor at this practice that has dismissed my complaints. Why? Because I don't have a broken bone you can do surgery on?? I'll save my time and money and go somewhere else!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
He was extremely rude and dissmissive and did not give me an exam he should not be a Dr......
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
Dr. Spent ample time with my son and throughly answered all of my questions. Care was exceptional. Would recommend Dr to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
I thought he was concerned and accurate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
He laughed when I asked him a question about my condition
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gonzalez?