Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD

Physical Medicine & RehabilitationMaleAge 52

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD is a Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Specialist in Manasquan, NJ and has over 21 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from UMDNJ-ROBT W JOHNSON MED SCH in 2001. He is affiliated with medical facilities Hackensack Meridian Health Jersey Shore University Medical Center and Hackensack Meridian Health Southern Ocean Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD

Orthopedic Institute Central Jersey

2315 Highway 34 Ste D Manasquan, NJ 08736
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Dr. Gonzalez's Reviews

Extremely dismissive!
I returned to him as a follow up after being injected by the nurse practitioner which did nothing to alleviate the pain in my knee….. He told me nothing he could do short of knee replacement surgery! I went to another orthopedist and she drained the fluid and injected via ultrasound which totally took away my pain. Explanation was the NP injected into the fluid and it went nowhere. I am a health care practitioner as well and he is a disgrace to his profession. Stay away!
peggy seckular – Oct 02, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
Ultrasound guided aspersion of the knee
Dr was pleasant, caring and concerned I was comfortable during procedure
Frank scandariato – May 20, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
Do not subject yourself to this doctor
I saw Dr Gonzalez for the first and only time and when I described my symptoms, he dismissed me by saying ‘everyone has back pain’. He then proceeded to belittle me further and make me feel very sorry that I dared to come to him for his help and advice. I don’t see doctors because I seek attention and want to waste their time or mine. I described symptoms of stenosis, which I’m very concerned about because of numbness I have in my arms and legs. He was so rude to me that I was shocked into silence and couldn’t get out of there fast enough. I’m 55 years old and I’ve never been spoken to like that by a doctor. This is the first time I’ve ever written a review to express my concerns over how I was treated in a doctor’s office. I did not deserve his condescending attitude and wished I could’ve stood up for myself, but his stern demeanor completely intimidated me. I hope to save anyone else from seeing this horrible person.
Shocked in NJ – Mar 26, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
This despicable excuse of a medical professional was extremely uncaring and dismissive of my sick mother. She went to him (practically in tears) for extreme lower back pain due to a disk disease. After waiting in an empty waiting room and hour passed her spot, She asked him for help and advice on handling the pain and reducing the inflammation in her back. This Dr had the nerve to tell my elderly and sick mother “you have a disk disease, why do you want me to do about it?” He provided no expert advice, help and had absolutely no bed side manner for someone in distress. How he’s practiced medicine this long amazes me. If you’re reading this Dr Gonzalez, I hope no one ever treats someone you care about like this. Especially someone in a position and under and oath to help. Everyone else, Do yourself a favor and stay away from this Dr and his office.
John – Oct 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
WC puppet who manipulates the data to support what WC tells him report.
Apr 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
Very knowledgeable, answers all questions, very professional. No waiting, pleasant manner.
Kathy Hartnett – Oct 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
Wow, what an uninterested, condescending, waste of my time, energy, and money. I couldn’t be less satisfied with his ability to listen, attentiveness or level of care. He never addressed my excruciating pain in my bones or made an appropriate referral. “Why are you here?” he said toward the end of appt and “...I’m trying to get through to you” without reading the pages and pages of intake info I wasted my time completing or listening to anything I was explaining clearly.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Frustrated and annoyed in NJ – Jan 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
Really knows how to give a great shoulder injection. The injection helped me for approximately nine months. Going back to him for another injection next week. I am supposed to get a shoulder replacement but the injections are allowing me to delay the surgery indefinitely.
Spring Lake – May 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
Arrived 1:45 appt with Dr Gonzalez at 1:49 for knee drainage. At 2pm I was called to fill out yet another form (I'm along term patient). At 2:26 I was called and told to leave; I was cancelled because I was late for the appt! I spoke to mgr, nothing cold be done; he refused to treat me! I was then offered appts miles away in their other locations. Stay away from this guy; he doesn't care about patients' pain. TERRIBLE! He should have his license revoked.Hippocratic oath??? I think not!
DENISE AMBROZIA – May 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
I am a new patient of Dr. Gonzalez. In my time with him I find that he is one of the rare doctors who takes the time to listen to his patients complaints. He then gives a thoughtful and complete answer. He always asks is there anything else I should know. I am currently recieving "gel shots" for my knee. At first I was somewhat apprehensive but under his skilled hands I was pleasantly surprised to find that I actually had no reason to be afraid. I would recommend his services to all.
Charlotte Wesp in Manalapan, NJ 07726 – Apr 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
Dr. Gonzalez is truly the best doctor I've ever seen. He gives his honest professional opinion. He's not someone tying to make money off of you. He truly cares. He treats you as if he was treating his own mother. He's not telling me I should just go get surgery. He explained to me the best medical options for me at my age. It's nice to see a doctor you can trust.
Apr 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
Dr. Gonzalez is very patient and kind. He explained everything to me so I could understand. I was in so much pain and he really took his time with me. I did not feel rushed at all. Also, I saw him Same day appointment. I'm so appreciative and I would highly recommend Dr. Gonzalez.
Apr 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
I just had ultrasound guided cortisone shots in both shoulders to relieve terrible pain I suffered for several months. Dr. Gonzalez administered cortisone shots over a two week period in each shoulder. I heard terrible stories of how painful they would be. I DID NOT have any pain with either shot. Dr. Gonzalez was gentle and explained everything he did. He answered all my questions and I successfully have no more shoulder pain! Dr. Gonzalez is my hero and I would highly recommend him.
Janet P in Manchester, NJ – Feb 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
Today I called as an emergency patient. Dr Gonzalez fit me in. He was extremely kind, very patient and helped me . I hurt my knee somehow and he was excellent. He has great bedside manners, extremely knowledgeable and felt very comforted by his knowledge. I WOULD not hesitate to recommend him. In addition, the staff was just a nice and very accommodating! My experience was terrific. I very grateful they took care of me today.. I highly recommend Dr. Gonzalez.
Howell, NJ – Dec 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
NOT compassionate, no patience, he walked out. It was my first time getting an ultrasound guided shot in hip....should I have been a champ at this procedure! Learn how to care you arrogant not worthy of being a doctor human being!!!!!!!!!!! I took off from work and you wasted my TIME!!!!!
Brooklyn, NY – Oct 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
Dr. Peter Gonzalez is very thorough and explains everything very well . He found fractures that other Doctor didn't. He showed me my fractures and explained his concerns. He also was interested in learning the details of how my accident occurred. I couldn't have found a better Doctor.
Jack Gullo in Lanka Harbor NJ – Jun 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
I was surprised to read some of these comments. i thought the doctor had a good sense of humor. I think there may be confusion with " down to earth / real people, vs. sympathy /pity. i found Dr. Gonzalez's approach to be genuine and straight forward, which I appreciated very much. He was patient; listened to my symptoms/complaints w/out judgement and discussed treatment options very clearly, being certain that i understood clearly before i left. I was very comfortable, unrushed and pleased
donna in Manahawkin, NJ – Mar 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
As someone who tends to rely on reviews, I was apprehensive to use Dr. Gonzalez. However, after talking to his staff, I listened to my gut and went to have an NCV/EMG Test done. I am HAPPY to say that with the litany of the tests/treatments that I have endured with my Back injury, going to Dr. Gonzalez was BY FAR the easiest. He was attentive, pleasant, engaging, and gentle. The test is said to be painful to many; but I can honestly say that it was LESS painful than Acupuncture. Go see Dr. G!
Ray F. in Howell, NJ – Jan 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
What an inconsiderate, rude and unprofessional doctor. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. Don't waste your time or money on such an in compassionate doctor. He shouldn't be practicing medicine if he doesn't care about getting to the root of your problem. And then pointed to my age on the paperwork and told me that's why I have pain. Shame on you Dr. I wouldn't let you see my dog.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Dissatisfied in Toms River, NJ – Dec 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Gonzalez, MD?
Dr. Gonzalez is caring and patient. He spent time during the appointments explaining my problem and treatment options. My pain improved after physical therapy and injections and has allowed me to get back to the things I enjoy.
Toms River, NJ – Nov 23, 2016