Dr. Peter Ferrara, MD

Dr. Peter Ferrara, MD

General Surgery  ·
Dr. Peter Ferrara, MD is a general surgery specialist in Scottsdale, AZ and has been practicing for 31 years. He graduated from New York University School Of Medicine in 1982 and specializes in general surgery, surgical oncology, and more.Read his story

9977 N 90th St Ste 178

Scottsdale, AZ 85258

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Ferrara

See how frequently Dr. Ferrara performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Melanoma
high
Gastrointestinal Diseases
Blood Disorders

Dr. Ferrara's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Ferrara's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Ferrara "As a Surgical Oncologist, I treat all solid tumor malignancies. My special interests include breast, melanoma and other skin cancers, soft tissue sarcomas, and colorectal cancers. I take pride in staying current with advances in chemotherapy/radiation therapy as those discussions often begin in my office. As a General Surgeon, I am skilled in current minimally invasive procedures including robotic surgery. I strive to provide highly professional and personalized care to my patients and their families. My office provides flexible scheduling for patient convenience and to minimize wait times for consultation and surgery. I have practiced in the valley for over 25 years."

• General Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Surgical Oncology

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• New York University
  • State University Of New York / Health Science Center At Stony Brook
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Ohio State University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Ferrara has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ferrara does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ferrara and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ferrara's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ferrara

4.1

Dr. Ferrara?
Dr. Ferrara's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Peter Ferrara, MD
The office staff were attentive and friendly and the process of scheduling surgery was very easy. Dr Ferrara himself, is attentive and thorough, his dry sense of humor and caring attitude were just what I needed after receiving the dx of malignant melanoma.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Ferrara, MD?
Dr. Ferrara was awesome!. Great bedside manners ,patient and explains evert thing in detail. My 17 year old son was very comfortable with Dr Ferrara. I highly recommend Dr Ferrara.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Ferrara, MD?
Dr Ferrara performed a Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy on me........Procedure went well but far more importantly to me Dr Ferrara met with me before surgery and after (followup visit) to explain in plain terms what was happening , what he was doing and what to expect......That I appreciated most of...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Ferrara, MD?
Worst doctor I’ve ever seen or been to. I needed a second opinion it was so bad. He is rude, egotistical and hasn’t practiced oncology in decades. Please stay away
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Ferrara, MD?
Dr. Ferrara is the kind of doctor we all wish still existed. He's a great listener. A great communicator. Highly skilled & caring! His office is calm but thorough. Through a terribly frightening experience, we were so grateful to have DrFerrara as our surgeon.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Ferrara?