Dr. Peter Curio, MD

Family Medicine | Male

Bellin Health Systems 218 S US Highway 141 Ste 100 Crivitz, WI 54114 Get Directions
Dr. Peter Curio, MD
Prior to becoming a physician, I was an elevator mechanic for 18 years. When my son was 6 years old, he developed Type 1 diabetes. Because I had little insight into this devastating disease, I decided to go back to school to learn more about it. After I did well in the science courses (I guess I was more motivated than most), I flirted with the idea of becoming a doctor. I was accepted to the University of Illinois College of Medicine and earned an MD degree in 1994. I completed a residency program in Family Medicine at Marquette General Hospital in Marquette, MI in 1997. I chose Marquette because it specialized in rural family medicine and I desired to become a rural family doctor.

Dr. Curio's Care Philosophy

I believe in respecting my patients. I think if you trust me enough to come to see me, I need to do my best to help you, not lecture you, and not blame you for your lifestyle choices. I will not order any tests that are not needed. I will not make you continuously follow up with me for no particular reason. I will try to minimize the number of medicines that you have to take. I will choose the least expensive medications to get the job done. I will listen to you and if you feel that I am not hearing you, I expect you to let me know. I may be blunt at times, but I will not mislead you or lie to you. I will give you value for the effort you expend in coming to see me.

Dr. Curio's Experience

See how Dr. Curio's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Curio

Dr. Curio accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. Curio is now accepting new patients
Bellin Health Systems218 S US Highway 141 Ste 100
Crivitz, WI 54114
(715) 854-7477Get Directions

Dr. Curio's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Curio to family and friends
based on 3 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Dr. Curio's Performance
Crivitz,WI |
Dr. Curio is one of the best Doctors I've ever had!! I am hoping to find him again!! I wish him well, in all he does!
Have you seen Dr. Peter Curio, MD?
Are you Dr. Curio?

Compare Dr. Curio

Dr. Curio says...

Prior to becoming a physician, I was an elevator mechanic for 18 years.  When my son was 6 years old, he developed Type 1 diabetes.  Because I had little insight into this devastating disease, I decided to go back to school to learn more about it.  After I did well in the science courses (I guess I was more motivated than most), I flirted with the idea of becoming a doctor.

I was accepted to the University of Illinois College of Medicine and earned an MD degree in 1994.  I completed a residency program in Family Medicine at Marquette General Hospital in Marquette, MI in 1997.  I chose Marquette because it specialized in rural family medicine and I desired to become a rural family doctor.

Dr. Curio's Care Philosophy

I believe in respecting my patients.  I think if you trust me enough to come to see me, I need to do my best to help you, not lecture you, and not blame you for your lifestyle choices.  I will not order any tests that are not needed.  I will not make you continuously follow up with me for no particular reason.  I will try to minimize the number of medicines that you have to take.  I will choose the least expensive medications to get the job done.  I will listen to you and if you feel that I am not hearing you, I expect you to let me know.  I may be blunt at times, but I will not mislead you or lie to you.  I will give you value for the effort you expend in coming to see me.

Dr. Curio says...

I have extensive training and expertise in all forms of diabetes, including insulin pump management and analysis of computer downloaded blood glucose monitors.

Dr. Curio's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice
  •  Malpractice claims in Wisconsin not available

Dr. Curio has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

Why It Matters: Dr. Curio's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

• Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression

Graduated in 1989

• Other Education
    University Of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign

Completed in 1990

Dr. Curio does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Curio and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage