Dr. Peter Curio, MD

Dr. Peter Curio, MD

Family Medicine  ·
Dr. Peter Curio, MD is a family medicine specialist in Crivitz, WI and has been practicing for 21 years. He graduated from University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago in 1994 and specializes in family medicine.Read his story

218 S US Highway 141 Ste 100

Crivitz, WI 54114

• Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Curio

Dr. Curio's Experience

Dr. Curio's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Curio's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Curio "Prior to becoming a physician, I was an elevator mechanic for 18 years. When my son was 6 years old, he developed Type 1 diabetes. Because I had little insight into this devastating disease, I decided to go back to school to learn more about it. After I did well in the science courses (I guess I was more motivated than most), I flirted with the idea of becoming a doctor. I was accepted to the University of Illinois College of Medicine and earned an MD degree in 1994. I completed a residency program in Family Medicine at Marquette General Hospital in Marquette, MI in 1997. I chose Marquette because it specialized in rural family medicine and I desired to become a rural family doctor."

This content was provided by Dr. Curio "I believe in respecting my patients.  I think if you trust me enough to come to see me, I need to do my best to help you, not lecture you, and not blame you for your lifestyle choices.  I will not order any tests that are not needed.  I will not make you continuously follow up with me for no particular reason.  I will try to minimize the number of medicines that you have to take.  I will choose the least expensive medications to get the job done.  I will listen to you and if you feel that I am not hearing you, I expect you to let me know.  I may be blunt at times, but I will not mislead you or lie to you.  I will give you value for the effort you expend in coming to see me. "

• Family Practice

• Pap Smear
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

• University Of Illinois
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1989
  • University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Marquette General Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Marquette General Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Curio has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Curio does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Curio and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Curio's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Curio

4.0

Dr. Curio?
Dr. Curio's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Peter Curio, MD
Appears to make emotional "diagnosis" rather than logical/scientific assessments. Has incredibly self assured opinions without evidence. Told my very elderly mother she had cancer when she did NOT. Gruff. Accusatory. You needn't explain anything or ask questions..... he already "knows" everything....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Curio, MD?
Dr. Curio is one of the best Doctors I've ever had!! I am hoping to find him again!! I wish him well, in all he does!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Curio, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Curio?