Dr. Peter Crane, MD

Dr. Peter Crane, MD

Pain Medicine | Male | 47 years old

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Crane specializes in Pain Medicine and practices in Richmond, VA. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Crane? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Crane's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Crane's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Crane

Dr. Crane accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Crane has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Crane
Dr. Crane's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (30)
in Amelia Court House, VA |
1. Does NOT understand people with chronic pain. Says his wife has arthritis and she doesn't take any pain medication. Will NOT write a prescription for pain medication. Also, I was charged over $2000 for 2 cortisone shots. I contested it and they admitted they overcharged me by $1900.00.+ Dr. Crane is clue-less regarding chronic pain. I wouldn't let him prescribe RX for my dog.
in Midlothian, VA |
Went to see Dr. Crane today for sever chronic pain in my knees and joints due to osteoarthritis. I have been in severe pain for years, and recently the pain has gotten so bad I can barely function. He asked me a few questions and gave me some foolish scenario about headaches and Tylenol. I asked him what pain medicine was for and he told me it was for severe pain not chronic pain! I don't understand how he can call himself a pain Dr. and then completely brush my pain aside like it did not exist!
Richmond, VA |
I went to Dr Crane for a series of epidural injections. He was very attentive and made sure I understood what he was going to be doing, why, and what to expect. During the procedure he made sure I knew exactly what was happening every step of the way. His calm manner kept me at ease during the procedure and his bedside manner was very reassuring.
in Richmond, VA |
Seemed to be in a rush. Also, preferred to discuss his reasons for not prescribing opiates drugs for chronic pain. If prescribed an opiate, patient was required to sign a two page pain management agreement as if the patient could not initially be trusted to follow any drug instructions. Trust between physician and patient should work both ways. He also had an off hand manner when discussing my surgery results and follow up treatments and prognosis.
in Richmond, VA |
I saw Dr. Crane 3 times. 1) For an office visit to go over my symptoms, 2)A Facet Nerve injection (which turned out not to be the issue but matched my symptoms) and last for a disco gram. I was very impressed with his knowledge and enjoyed his beside manner. He explained in detail what he was to do..took into account that I had a very painful experience with another Ortho doctor and did an exceptional almost painless experience on all procedures. I would highly recommend Dr. Crane!
Have you seen Dr. Peter Crane, MD?
Are you Dr. Crane?

Compare Dr. Crane

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.