Dr. Peter Chang, MD

OphthalmologyMaleAge 38

Dr. Peter Chang, MD is a Ophthalmology Specialist in Waltham, MA. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham and Massachusetts General Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Chang to book an appointment.

Dr. Chang

1440 Main St Waltham, MA 02451
Telehealth services available

Compare Dr. Peter Chang, MD with other Ophthalmology Specialists near you

Dr. Chang's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Chang

Dr. Chang
Dr. Chang is one of the most proficient eye doctors that I have met. He is patient, kind, accommodating and has an incredible bedside manner. I have been working with him for several years on a problematic eye condition and he assured me that he would get to the bottom of the problem, and he did. I recommend him to everyone that I speak with who has an eye problem and know that he will take great care with each individual I send his way. He is the top of the top when it comes to eye doctors and I cannot say enough wonderful things about him. Please go see him and you will begin to feel cared for and confident that you will see better!
Laura Forgays – Oct 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
This past spring, I was unfortunate to have a macular hole in my right eye. This condition required immediate treatment and after seeing two doctors with no solution, I was very lucky to get a referral to see Dr. Chang. He knew what the issue was right away and recommended immediate surgery. Dr. Chang explained everything very thoroughly . Dr. Chang did the surgery and it went well but necessitated cataract surgery a few months later. It has been a long road to this point, but Dr. Chang has been my hero in so many levels. He is extremely talented professionally and listened to all my concerns. Without him, I would be blind by now since I had lost the vision on my left eye to retina detachment many years ago. Thank you Dr. Chang for being so compassionate with your patients. Forever grateful. Ps. My son was so impressed by Dr. Chang that he wants to be an eye doctor when he grows up. He's only 6 yrs old.
Sally – Sep 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
If I could give Dr. Chang 6/5 stars I would! He was extremely professional and likable. Offered educational and thoughtful solutions to my problems. I have never been able to see this well - I am forever grateful to Dr. Chang!
Sep 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
Dr. Chang is a wonderful doctor. Warm, knowledgeable and compassionate, he immediately put us at ease and has patiently answered our many questions on our son’s condition and care. We trust him completely and feel grateful to have found him.
RMS – Sep 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
Dr. Chang scheduled surgery for me on short notice and even called me first thing in the morning for advice and instructions. My vision was in serious jeopardy and now it has been restored and I am able to enjoy my life once again. He is a very compassionate person and a skilled doctor and surgeon. I am fortunate and forever grateful to Dr. Chang, he is a life changer.
Daniel Whelan – Sep 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
I live in NC and went to many Drs in my area even the finest universities, no one was willing to help me with the problem with my vision. It was suggested I travel to Boston to see Dr. Peter Chang. Prior to that I sent my records to him and he promptly called and said he was willing to see me. In June of 2021 after struggling with my vision for more than a year I traveled to Boston and Dr. Chang performed surgery. As of today, September 2021, my vision is 20/25! I am trilled with Dr. Chang and his treatment of me. His skill, confidence and willingness to help me. He is a caring Dr who takes time with you, listens and explains everything clearly. His staff in the office is great to work with as well as the surgical center. I know if I ever have another problem with my eyes I will be on Dr. Chang's doorstep!
Jo – Sep 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
Dr Chang is a caring doctor who’s office is always pleasant to be in
Aug 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
I recently had Cataract Surgery performed by Dr. Chang. Besides being an extremely skilled Surgeon, Dr. Chang met with me multiple times prior and after the procedure on my eyes. He thoroughly explained my options and the pros and cons to each approach. His patience and compassion for me as a patient, exceeded expectations. Given the above experience with Dr. Chang, I would highly recommend him without any hesitations.
Bob Green – Jun 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
Dr. Chang was referred to me by relative/nurse who referred another grateful patient. He met that patient for the first time on a Sunday afternoon for immediate/successful retinal surgery. Hearing that, and being unhappy with my opthamologists, I wrote email to Dr. Chang (Sat.) about serious eye problems. To my surprise, Dr. Chang's excellent Office Manager, Ferida, called me (Sun.) to say Dr. Chang agreed to see me the very next day! Meeting Dr. Chang, I was in expert hands. He patiently diagnosed me (vein occlusion), treating me with eye injections/intricate epiretinal membrane surgery; also cataract lens replacement. My questions/emails answered promptly/thoroughly. Eye improved greatly; he continues to closely monitor me. He is a compassionate eye surgery "artist". Dr. Chang saved my vision; I feel hopeful again! My husband was impressed; now sees Dr. Chang, and says, "I recommend Dr. Chang for superb eye care. He is knowledgeable, caring, skillful". Thank you, Dr. Chang!
Gerry and Jeff E. – May 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
I was referred to Dr Chang with an advanced Cataract in both eyes.
Eunkyung "Annie" Choquette – Apr 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
I am highly satisfied with the services provided by Dr. Peter Chang. He diagnosed and treated my eye condition that required surgical intervention and I am very satisfied with the results. He explains information the patient needs to know in a patient friendly and thorough manner, answers all patient questions and I was able to schedule urgent appointments in a timely manner when needed. I would recommend Dr. Chang to those who need an experienced health care eye professional.
Jan 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
Dr. Chang performed cataract surgery for me. The surgery went extremely well. Before surgery I was using glasses and they were becoming more and more difficult. After surgery I have 20-15 which is a little better than 20-20. My eye sight is now amazing. What I really appreciated about him was his communication. He explained everything to me including surgery, options for lenses and pros and cons for each. I felt very comfortable with him and asked for his professional opinion if he were in my position etc. He is a very kind and caring doctor. On my follow up visit I scheduled cataract surgery for my other eye. I definitely recommend Dr. Chang for your eye care.
Ed C – Dec 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
Dr. Chang was able to diagnose and treat my rare eye condition (acute retinal necrosis), as well as various complications that ensued (a detached retina, a cataract, and an epiretinal membrane). He has always been clear and thorough in explaining what was happening and what I could expect. Through four surgeries, two laser treatments, and multiple appointments over the last year and a half, he has provided excellent care that I have no doubt saved my vision.
Katherine B – Oct 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
Dr. Chang: Excellent professional and like a person A+ . Thanks!
Rafael Mendoza – Apr 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
Dr Chang has a great easy-to-talk-to style. He explained what I had in layman’s terms, and what options there were for correcting the issues in a way that made the whole process/surgeries much less stressful.
Karin – Jan 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
I am very fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Chang! Being diagnosed with an Epiretinal Membrane, I didn't know what to expect. Dr. Chang took the time to explain everything very clearly so that I understood what surgery would involve. After meeting with him, my anxiety was gone, and the surgery was a success. Since then I have also had two cataract surgeries. Now, my eyesight is incredible!!! Dr. Chang is kind and compassionate with excellent communication skills. He is knowledgeable, has great technical skills, and a calming demeanor that is amazing!!! I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs a retinal specialist!!! Thank you Dr. Chang!
Mary Angelovich – Jan 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
I am very grateful to have been referred to Dr. Peter Chang and MERSI. I had been treated for eye inflammation by four different retina specialists, none of whom was able to determine the cause of my problem. My last doctor suggested I visit Dr. Foster’s Waltham office and arranged for an appointment with Dr. Chang. Dr. Chang’s expertise and the sophisticated equipment at MERSI finally led to a diagnosis-retinal vasculitis in both eyes. Dr. Chang recently performed cataract surgery on my left eye. His skillful procedure produced excellent results which far exceeded my expectations. My condition is challenging, but Dr. Chang is current with treatment options. He offers choices and listens to my input. He is confident and calming. I appreciate his open communication allowing me to email him directly with questions/concerns. Even with his busy schedule, he always finds time to quickly respond. He is a gifted physician and surgeon. I am most thankful being in his care.
Jean M. – Dec 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
After years of being referred to multiple uveitis specialists for chronic anterior uveitis and steroid induced glaucoma I found Dr. Peter Chang and Mersi. The level of patient care professionalism, knowledge and communication is unparalleled and is worth traveling any distance. Thank you Dr. Chang for saving my eyes and my life as it feels like a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
  • Long wait times
Steve – Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
I have the utmost confidence in Dr. Peter Chang, he is extremely knowledgeable in his field and his explanations are easy to understand. He is very professional and personable. He determined my immune system was "acting up" and was able to treat it, allowing me to receive the eye surgeries I was requiring with successful results.
Maryellen Ward – Sep 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
Dr. Chang is the best doctor I've ever had! Definitely worth traveling to see him, even if you are not super close to his offices! I was diagnosed with recurring uveitis a few years before moving to the Boston area but it wasn't until I met Dr. Chang that I felt like I really understood the condition and was in the hands of someone who had a systematic strategy to do something about it. He took the time to make sure I understood the plan, which made me feel back in control and less terrified each time I had an episode. He's also the only doctor I've ever had who remembers who I am, beyond just my medical history. For example, he remembered I would be leaving Boston in the fall and made sure to recommend new doctors for me in NY. I feel so, so fortunate (and relieved) to have been able to see Dr. Chang for the past few years and to make progress on figuring out what’s wrong with my eye. Thanks for everything, Dr. Chang!
none – Jul 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Chang?

Dr. Peter Chang was born and raised in Taipei, Taiwan. He moved to the United States at age 13 and has come to call New England his second home. He received...Read more

• Ophthalmology