Dr. Peter Chang, MD

Ophthalmology ·  Male · Age 36

Dr. Chang

Massachusetts Eye Research and Surgery Institution (MERSI)

1440 Main St Ste 201 Waltham, MA 02451

Dr. Peter Chang, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Waltham, MA and has been practicing for 3 years. He graduated from Tufts University in 2008 and specializes in ophthalmology, vitreoretinal disease & surgery, and more.

Dr. Chang accepts

Dr. Chang accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Fallon Community Health Plan
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Martin's Point
Massachusetts Group Insurance Commission (GIC)
Medicaid of Massachusetts
Medicare
Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP)
Tricare
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts Health Plans
UniCare
Veterans Choice Program

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Chang's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Chang's Top Procedures and Conditions

Sarcoidosis

Dr. Chang treats Sarcoidosis more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Chang treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Neurosarcoidosis

• Crohn's Disease
  • Cytomegaloviral Retinitis
  • Diabetes Eye Care
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Macular Pucker
  • Macular Pucker Surgery
  • Meibomian Gland Dysfunction
  • Multifocal Choroiditis
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Ocular Cicatricial Pemphigoid
  • Ocular Hypertension
  • Ocular Inflammation (Uveitis) Treatment
  • Opportunistic Infections Related to HIV
  • Optic Neuritis
  • Optical Coherence Tomography
  • Photodynamic Therapy (PDT)
  • Photophobia
  • Pigmentary Retinopathy
  • Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
  • Posterior Vitreous Detachment
  • Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Psoriasis
  • Punctate Inner Choroidopathy
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Artery Occlusion
  • Retinal Detachment
  • Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Freezing (Cryopexy)
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Laser Photocoagulation
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Pigment Epithelium (RPE) Detachment
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Sarcoidosis
  • Vitreous Hemorrhage
  • Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada Disease
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis
  • Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Dr. Peter Chang was born and raised in Taipei, Taiwan. He moved to the United States at age 13 and has come to call New England his second home. He received Bachelor of Science in Biology from Brown University in 2004 and Doctor of Medicine from Tuft...

• Ophthalmology

Dr. Chang?
Dr. Chang's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Peter Chang, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Chang is the best doctor I've ever had! Definitely worth traveling to see him, even if you are not super close to his offices! I was diagnosed with recurring uveitis a few years before moving to the Boston area but it wasn't until I met Dr. Chang that I felt like I really understood the condition and was in the hands of someone who had a systematic strategy to do something about it. He took the time to make sure I understood the plan, which made me feel back in control and less terrified each time I had an episode. He's also the only doctor I've ever had who remembers who I am, beyond just my medical history. For example, he remembered I would be leaving Boston in the fall and made sure to recommend new doctors for me in NY. I feel so, so fortunate (and relieved) to have been able to see Dr. Chang for the past few years and to make progress on figuring out what’s wrong with my eye. Thanks for everything, Dr. Chang!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
He is a kind, thoughtful, caring and competent doctor. He listens carefully and responds with understanding and compassion. He exhibits a gentle sense of humor and genuinely cares about his patients and their concerns. A consummate professional with great technical skills.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
It was wonderful to walk on Monday and see the many shades of green on the trees, lawns and all the beautiful blooming flowers. No more clouds in my eye; I cannot tell you how thankful and grateful I am to you for giving me back normal sight. I didn't have any pain after the surgery and did as instructed. Thank you for the great care and concern you take with your patients. What a great surgeon you are and what a wonderful experience at MEE; great all the way around.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
Never had a doctor spent more time helping me understand my condition or educate me on potential treatments than Dr. Chang. He is always thorough in his exams and always offering me time to ask questions. His staff is extremely friendly and helpful as well. If I could have rated Dr. Chang and his staff higher than 5 stars, I certainly would! I highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Peter Chang now for about 2 years. He is the first doctor to accurately diagnose and treat my retinal condition. I saw others who told me nothing could be done as my vision deteriorated. After the very first visit I knew I finally had the right one. He does an outstanding job of explaining the condition/problem, the treatment options, and the timeframe to complete. He is incredibly personable taking any time needed to allow me to ask questions to fully understand how he is proceeding. I have never been to a doctor that is so compassionate and understanding as him. He is truly top notch! I’m so glad my optometrist referred me to him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
Dr. Chang is amazing! I would highly recommend him. He was extremely thorough in evaluating my condition and took the time to accurately communicate to me what it was and the steps/procedures needed to improve it. He helped relieve my anxiety and kept me calm and informed every step of the way. He always addressed my concerns and symptoms with the utmost care, competence and diligence. In my opinion, there is no one better!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
There are not enough words to describe Dr. Peter Chang. He is an excellent ophthalmologist with superb bedside manners and compassion. I tell everyone how great he is. He saved my eye. From the first time I saw him I was so impressed and still am. I told my husband about him and he switched to him. That day he pulled his stool and sat down and explained my condition and my treatment options in an honest and clear way and allowed me time to process the information and ask questions. I consider myself very luck to have him for a Doctor . I highly recommend him to anyone who wants a superb eye doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
Dr. Chang has been absolutely wonderful. I’ve been seeing him for a few years now and he has completely saved my vision, no exaggeration. I’ve had multiple surgeries done by him and without his hard work and dedication I wouldn’t be seeing as well as I am today. I wouldn’t ask for any other doctor. Thank you !!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
Dr Chang was very thorough, and took the time required to diagnose my vision issues. He's been very responsive with follow up care, and I especially appreciate his advocacy in working with other specialists and care providers when follow up tests and exams were required. He exceeded my expectations for level of attention.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
My elderly father sees Dr Chang and I attend each visit. Dr Chang always takes time to fully explain issues to my dad. Each time I meet with Dr. Chang I am struck by how thoughtful, kind and well informed he is. His diagnostic skills are really amazing. When there are issues that are broader than the immediate condition at hand, Dr Chang capably considers and relates them to the diagnosis, and I feel confident that he has considered every possible interaction between the symptoms. He is also
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
I feel extremely fortunate to have been referred to Dr Chang. My positive result from recent retinal surgery was more than I could have hoped for. Thank you Dr Chang for your kindness, expertise and understanding.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
Knowledge and a good heart all together makes doctor Peter Chang an excellent doctor.I am so glad i have him as my ophthalmologist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
If all doctors were like Dr Peter Chang, the world would be a better place. My son lost his vision from one day to the next, and thanks to the care of Dr Chang and 2 surgeries he has his vision back. Dr Chang is not only amazing at what he does but also has the most gentle reassuring side manners dealing with distressed patients and family members; he never made us feel rushed, explained and answered all questions, gave us his email address and cell number, just in case. Forever grateful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
When I met Dr. Chang about 8 months ago he impressed me as being a very caring, intelligent and kind individual. Dr. Chang answers questions thoroughly and unhurriedly. His demeanor is calming and his therapeutic eye injections are surprisingly painless! Dr. Chang has skills and techniques that are unsurpassed! I feel so fortunate to have Dr. Chang on my Health Care Team treating me for a serious eye condition caused by Type 1 Diabetes. Dr. Chang ... you are a Blessing in my life !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Chang by Dr. Peter Lou, who had diagnosed my left eye with detached retina, including part of the macula. Dr. Chang performed the retinal re-attachment surgery and after 2 weeks, tests show much improved re-attachment and my vision is also much improved. Now hoping for a more complete vision recovery in 1-3 months. Dr. Chang is very personable and responded quickly to my emails whenever I had questions. Wonderful staff at MERSI.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
He is an excellent ophthalmologist and was very thorough in his evaluation of my daughter, who was diagnosed with anterior uveitis at age 18. However, what makes him stand out in my mind is his very caring demeanor. He sat and talked with us at length, explaining uveitis and his treatment plan. He answered all of my worried Mom questions patiently, both in the office and via several e-mails. He spoke to my daughter directly and in a way that didn't get her anxious. He never made us feel rushed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
Dr,Chang goes above beyond any doctor I have ever met. After loosing my vision from a bad case of Uveitis. Doctor Chang has restored my vision with two surgeries that had zero complications. Dr.Chang never acts superior to anyone, he is very humble, kind, Even though he is such a skillful doctor/surgent. I drive over an hour and half just because of what a great doctor he is. I don’t know where I would be if we had not found doctor Chang, he has so much compassion for his patients. Thank you
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
I needed to see a specialist quickly. My eye doctor called Dr. Chang's office and I had an appointment within an hour. Dr. Chang was very thorough in his examination and explanation of what my treatment should be. I would highly recommend him to my my family and friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
Not only likelihood of recommending Dr Chang I have already referred 2 clients to him. Dr Chang basically saved my only good eye from the negative effects of Macular Degeneration by catching the symptoms early on. It's a pleasure to be his patient, he's very comfortable to be with and he answers all my questions and concerns in language that I can understand. He's awesome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
Dr. Chang is a great surgeon. I met him a few weeks prior to the surgery & he made me feel confident & comfortable about it. Despite his packed schedule, he made room for my surgery. He was open to answering my several questions in a timely manner. His experience & expertise helped me recover quickly post surgery. He very responsibly took follow ups of my reports. My entire experience with Dr. Chang has been excellent. He’s knowledgeable, patient, detail oriented & I would highly recommend him.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Chang?

Massachusetts Eye Research and Surgery Institution (MERSI)

• Sat: 9:00am - 12:00pm
    • Sat: closed

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Chang treats patients.