Dr. Peter Chang, MD

Dr. Peter Chang, MD

OphthalmologyMaleAge 39

Ophthalmology

Dr. Peter Chang, MD is an Ophthalmology Specialist in Waltham, MA and has over 14 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Tufts University in 2008. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham and Massachusetts General Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Massachusetts Eye Research and Surgery Institution MERSI

Massachusetts Eye Research and Surgery Institution1440 Main St Ste 201 Waltham, MA 02451

Massachusetts Eye Research and Surgery Institution MERSI

• Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Dr. Chang's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Chang

Great experience
Dr. Chang was thorough in his explanation of my issue. He took time to answer all questions. Called me on my cell to answer a question I had, not a secretary, or resident. He took time to respond personally. My issue required immediate surgery, he mobilized very quickly to get me in same day. My outcome was great. My experience is what you would expect healthcare to be.
Matt Tosch – Nov 03, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
My optometrist, Dr. Nayiri Ajoian, recommended Dr. Chang to me. Dr. Peter Chang is highly qualified and is the absolute best opthomologist I could have ever hoped for. To entrust my eyes to someone was scary. Dr. Chang answered all my questions, got back to me each time I contacted him, and made certain I was completely comfortable and reassured before surgery. I had complete confidence in him and his surgical skills. Without my asking, during pre-op preparation, ALL the nurses at Mass. Eye & Ear at Longwood told me that Dr. Chang was the best! I had 2 cataract surgeries and a vitrectomy to correct an anatomical weakness that was already present before the first surgery. I was extremely satisfied and highly recommend Dr. Peter Chang without hesitation.
Jul 14, 2022
Provides best-in-class care to Mom
Dr. Chang is extremely knowledgeable, sharp, and committed to providing best-in-class patient care. He is one of the few doctors I know who truly does put patients and their physical and emotional well-being first within his practice. He is on time, his staff is friendly, he responds quickly to emails, addresses questions directly, and he thoroughly evaluates and assess his patients and their needs. I continue to be impressed by his integrity and professionalism. My mom has been his patient for a few years now, and I continue to trust her in his care. Thank you for everything, Dr. Chang!
May 05, 2022
Gold Medal
Dr. Peter Chang saved my vision. I can not express enough , my ,and my families , gratitude for his skillful and technical surgical skills. Dr. Chang is detailed and confident. If eye surgery was an Olympic event Dr. Chang would be the GOLD MEDALIST across all categories. I Hope Dr. Chang has a very long career as he truly changes lives for the better!
Nikki Leathers – Apr 28, 2022
Excellent Doctor and surgeon
Initial visit occurred after I was diagnosed with a macular hole in my left eye. He was very informative and friendly. I felt comforted by his obvious professional. Subsequent to that he performed repair surgery. Surgery very successful. I have had 2 visits since and continue to be impressed with his knowledge. Delighted with the results of the surgery. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone needing eye surgery.
Alan P Zucchino – Apr 22, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Chang for over five years now. He came highly recommended to me by my local optometrist, because I had chronic inflammation (uveitis). I met him and instantly knew I was in good hands. He is extremely knowledgeable, confident, professional and personable! While I was in his care for uveitis, I also developed retinal detachment (which coincidentally he also specializes in). It resulted in needing surgery in both eyes. The surgeries were a breeze, yet having that condition and surgery, would mean developing cataracts at a later date as explained by Dr Chang. He was spot on, and two years later I needed cataract surgery in both eyes. I was at complete ease knowing I was in the best hands. I travel an hour to see him because he has my total faith and trust! I am beyond grateful to have him as my doctor, he is the best!
Apr 21, 2022
Dr. Chang Patient
I have been treated by Dr. Chang several times now. His knowledge/expertise is unparalleled and his bedside manner and communication skills make my visits with him fantastic. I actually look forward to seeing him. I recommend to anyone looking to have eye surgery or any type of procedure to see Dr. Chang first. I have handed his card out to two friends already.
Tommy – Apr 15, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Peter Chang since 2019. I had an epiretinal membrane growing on top of the retina of my right eye. I was in danger of losing my vision. I liked Dr. Chang immediately and was very impressed with the thoroughness of his examination and testing. He confidently and kindly told me that he could fix this problem with my retina. He answered all my questions and also provided me with comfort and reassurance. Dr. Chang expertly removed my epiretinal membrane. After the surgery, I had immediate improvement with my vision. Dr. Chang explained that removal of my epiretinal membrane would cause rapid growth of cataracts. His prediction was totally accurate, and he performed successful cataract surgery. My vision is now 20/20 without glasses! Dr. Chang's friendliness, kindness, support and professionalism were outstanding! I give Dr. Chang the highest recommendation and have referred my family and friends to him. He is undoubtedly the best! Rick Hatton
Rick Hatton – Jan 20, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
I've been Dr. Peter Chang's patient at MERSI in Waltham, MA for several years. I have never failed to be impressed by his professionalism and his willingness to address all my concerns. Dr. Chang has treated me for glaucoma, elevated IOP, blepharitis and, most recently, cataracts. Due to pre-existing problems with my eyes, the cataract surgery and recovery process were more complicated than usual. Dr. Chang was very confident that my vision would be great following the cataract surgeries. Because of his confidence, mine never wavered. Now, three months after the cataract surgery on my second eye, I am delighted with my vision and my overall eye health. I no longer need eyeglasses for long distance vision or for reading. I recommend Dr. Chang without reservation because of his breadth of knowledge, his skills and his relaxed, supportive and friendly interactions with patients. In my opinion, Dr. Peter Chang is one of the best of the best doctors in the ophthalmological community.
Best of the best – Nov 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
Dr. Chang is one of the most proficient eye doctors that I have met. He is patient, kind, accommodating and has an incredible bedside manner. I have been working with him for several years on a problematic eye condition and he assured me that he would get to the bottom of the problem, and he did. I recommend him to everyone that I speak with who has an eye problem and know that he will take great care with each individual I send his way. He is the top of the top when it comes to eye doctors and I cannot say enough wonderful things about him. Please go see him and you will begin to feel cared for and confident that you will see better!
Laura Forgays – Oct 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
This past spring, I was unfortunate to have a macular hole in my right eye. This condition required immediate treatment and after seeing two doctors with no solution, I was very lucky to get a referral to see Dr. Chang. He knew what the issue was right away and recommended immediate surgery. Dr. Chang explained everything very thoroughly . Dr. Chang did the surgery and it went well but necessitated cataract surgery a few months later. It has been a long road to this point, but Dr. Chang has been my hero in so many levels. He is extremely talented professionally and listened to all my concerns. Without him, I would be blind by now since I had lost the vision on my left eye to retina detachment many years ago. Thank you Dr. Chang for being so compassionate with your patients. Forever grateful. Ps. My son was so impressed by Dr. Chang that he wants to be an eye doctor when he grows up. He's only 6 yrs old.
Sally – Sep 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
If I could give Dr. Chang 6/5 stars I would! He was extremely professional and likable. Offered educational and thoughtful solutions to my problems. I have never been able to see this well - I am forever grateful to Dr. Chang!
Sep 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
Dr. Chang is a wonderful doctor. Warm, knowledgeable and compassionate, he immediately put us at ease and has patiently answered our many questions on our son’s condition and care. We trust him completely and feel grateful to have found him.
RMS – Sep 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
Dr. Chang scheduled surgery for me on short notice and even called me first thing in the morning for advice and instructions. My vision was in serious jeopardy and now it has been restored and I am able to enjoy my life once again. He is a very compassionate person and a skilled doctor and surgeon. I am fortunate and forever grateful to Dr. Chang, he is a life changer.
Daniel Whelan – Sep 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
I live in NC and went to many Drs in my area even the finest universities, no one was willing to help me with the problem with my vision. It was suggested I travel to Boston to see Dr. Peter Chang. Prior to that I sent my records to him and he promptly called and said he was willing to see me. In June of 2021 after struggling with my vision for more than a year I traveled to Boston and Dr. Chang performed surgery. As of today, September 2021, my vision is 20/25! I am trilled with Dr. Chang and his treatment of me. His skill, confidence and willingness to help me. He is a caring Dr who takes time with you, listens and explains everything clearly. His staff in the office is great to work with as well as the surgical center. I know if I ever have another problem with my eyes I will be on Dr. Chang's doorstep!
Jo – Sep 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
Dr Chang is a caring doctor who’s office is always pleasant to be in
Aug 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
I recently had Cataract Surgery performed by Dr. Chang. Besides being an extremely skilled Surgeon, Dr. Chang met with me multiple times prior and after the procedure on my eyes. He thoroughly explained my options and the pros and cons to each approach. His patience and compassion for me as a patient, exceeded expectations. Given the above experience with Dr. Chang, I would highly recommend him without any hesitations.
Bob Green – Jun 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
Dr. Chang was referred to me by relative/nurse who referred another grateful patient. He met that patient for the first time on a Sunday afternoon for immediate/successful retinal surgery. Hearing that, and being unhappy with my opthamologists, I wrote email to Dr. Chang (Sat.) about serious eye problems. To my surprise, Dr. Chang's excellent Office Manager, Ferida, called me (Sun.) to say Dr. Chang agreed to see me the very next day! Meeting Dr. Chang, I was in expert hands. He patiently diagnosed me (vein occlusion), treating me with eye injections/intricate epiretinal membrane surgery; also cataract lens replacement. My questions/emails answered promptly/thoroughly. Eye improved greatly; he continues to closely monitor me. He is a compassionate eye surgery "artist". Dr. Chang saved my vision; I feel hopeful again! My husband was impressed; now sees Dr. Chang, and says, "I recommend Dr. Chang for superb eye care. He is knowledgeable, caring, skillful". Thank you, Dr. Chang!
Gerry and Jeff E. – May 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
I was referred to Dr Chang with an advanced Cataract in both eyes.
Eunkyung "Annie" Choquette – Apr 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?
I am highly satisfied with the services provided by Dr. Peter Chang. He diagnosed and treated my eye condition that required surgical intervention and I am very satisfied with the results. He explains information the patient needs to know in a patient friendly and thorough manner, answers all patient questions and I was able to schedule urgent appointments in a timely manner when needed. I would recommend Dr. Chang to those who need an experienced health care eye professional.
Jan 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Chang, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Chang?