Dr. Peter Bossart, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery | Male

Dr. Peter Bossart, MD

Dr Bossart is a native of rural New Jersey but came to Utah for his undergraduate education. After his training in New York City, he knew that the Wasatch front was a good place to raise his family. For twenty-eight years now he has enjoyed this scenic state whether back country skiing in Big Cottonwood canyon, hiking in Capitol Reef or just walking his dog in the foothills. Recently he has found new joy in learning to paint

...See Less

Dr. Bossart's Care Philosophy

Dr. Peter W. Bossart and his staff would like you to receive the verybest possible care. We understand that colo/rectal conditions are bothersome, embarrassing and often very uncomfortable. We see adult patients, young and old with a variety of colon & rectal issues including cancer, diverticulitis, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, IBD, also anorectal issues such as hemorrhoids, fissures, fistulas. Dr Bossart also performs colonoscopy using newer more tolerable preps. Often same day appointments are available for urgent needs.

Dr. Bossart's Experience

See how Dr. Bossart's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bossart

Dr. Bossart accepts 39 insurance carriers

Dr. Bossart is now accepting new patients
    North office324 E 10th Ave Ste 280
    Salt Lake City, UT 84103
    (801) 408-5930Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Bossart has admitting privileges.

Dr. Bossart's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bossart to family and friends
    3.8
    Dr. Bossart's Performance
    in Layton, UT |
    I can't say enough about Dr. Bossart and his staff, for the excellent care I received. I had seen 4 different Dr.'s who had misdiagnosed me with hemorrhoids. After 2 weeks of excruciating pain, I was referred to Dr. Bossart. His office told me to come in immediately. Once there, Dr Bossart knew instantly that I had an abscess and sent me straight to the hospital for emergency surgery. His professionalism and caring bedside manner are unbeatable. I highly recommend him! 10 Stars!
    in South Jordan, UT |
    Dr. Bossart was very comfortable to work with. He was professional and caring about my concerns. His fellow and assistants took great care of me.
    in Salt Lake City, UT |
    Too bad there aren't 10 stars. Dr. Bossart's bedside manner is TOP NOTCH. Caring. Concerned about me. Took time to explain everything throughly. Explained the procedure step by step without sugar coating how painful a shot would be. He was EXTREMELY generous with his time. My doctor called him to see if he could do the procedure and he wasn't even at his office that day. He was finishing at the hospital and met me at his office. I was desperate and SO grateful he agreed to extend his day for me!
    in Herriman, UT |
    Had surgery the day he left for a week long vacation. The next morning I passed out in my bathroom; it looked like a crime scene. Since he was totally unavailable there was no one will to take responsibility for doing anything about my blood loss, I suffered for six months, finally have IV iron. That was done by my primary care Dr. IN his office I cannot count the number of times I lay there...in that embarrassing "pose"...butt in air for as long as 45 minutes. Nope. Not "my kind of Dr".
    We are sorry to hear of your difficulties. Our office strives for excellence and we want you to receive the best possible care so we have reviewed your experiences with our staff for any changes we can make to serve you better. Ano/rectal issues are very painful and often embarrassing. Please know we always have someone on 24 hour call to answer your important questions.
    in Centerville |
    Excellent choice for hemorroidectomy.
    Thank you for your kind response. Hemorrhoids can be tough. We are glad that you are well.
    I had Hemmorhoids that had been bleeding for quite some time so my doctor referred me to Dr. Bossart. I wished I had never gone! He took care of the Hemmorhoids but without ANY anesthetic of any kind & I was in terrible pain! I told him I was about to pass out but he kept going. After he finished I had to wait to walk until I had myself back under control, as I kept feeling like I was going to pass out & crying. I cried the whole way home, 100 miles away! Worst experience ever!!
    Thank you for your feedback, we have noted your response. We want all of our patients to have the best possible care. Hemorrhoids are extremely painful, before and immediately after treatment, but all procedures receive appropriate anesthesia. We hope that we may be able to win your favor again, as your experience is not indicative of our patient care standards. Please call our office if there is something we can do.
    Have you seen Dr. Peter Bossart, MD?

Dr. Bossart says...

Dr. Bossart's Care Philosophy

Dr. Bossart says...

Dr. Peter Bossart and his staff would like you to receive the best possible care. We see adult patients, young and old with a variety of colon & rectal issues including cancer, diverticulitis, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, IBD, also anorectal issues such as hemorrhoids, fissures, fistulas. Dr Bossart also performs colonoscopy using newer more tolerable preps. Often same day appointments are available for urgent needs.

Dr. Bossart's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery
    •  Board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery and General Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Utah not available

Dr. Bossart has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bossart's Board Certifications

Completed in 1988

Ferguson Colon/Rectal Hosp

Completed in 1989

University Of Utah

Dr. Bossart does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bossart and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Colon & Rectal Surgery
    • General Surgery

• Colectomy
    • Colon and Rectal Surgery
    • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
    • Destruction of Anal Tumor
    • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
    • Excision of Rectal Tumor
    • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
    • Gastroenterology Procedures
    • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
    • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
    • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
    • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
    • Sphincterotomy