Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Peter Bono, DO
Dr. Peter Bono, DO is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Southfield, MI. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Bono is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Dearborn, Beaumont Hospital - Farmington Hills and Providence-Providence Park Hospital, Southfield Campus.

22250 Providence Dr Ste 601

Southfield, MI 48075

• HAP Insurance

Learn about Dr. Bono

See how frequently Dr. Bono performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spinal Fusion
Cervical Spine Myelopathy
Spondylolisthesis

Dr. Bono's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Bono "Dr. Bono believes that surgery is the last resort for treatment of spinal disorders. This is especially true with spinal fusion which is an undertaking only after careful consideration. Dr. Bono believes in working with the patient's preference, lifestyle and the involvement of the family in the decision making process."

Accredited by: American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery*

• Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Marfan Syndrome
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Replacement
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Surgery
  • Synovial Biopsy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• University Of Florida
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • New York University-Hospital For Joint Diseases
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

• Atlas of Orthopedic Trauma: A multimedia reference, 2004
  • Postoperative Wound Infections After Instrumentation of Thoracic and Lumber Fractures, 2001

• French
  • Italian

Dr. Bono does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bono and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bono's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bono to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Bono's Performance
Canton, MI |
I've had back issues for years. I chose Dr. Bono from a recommendation by another doctor but when I met him I knew he would be able to help me. What I appreciated is that he only did what needed to be done to help me. Not only is he an excellent surgeon but he is compassionate. Also, after surgery he kept track of my progress and set me up for some home care. Besides, I like his sense of humor. He feels I will never need another back surgery. I am more than grateful to have found hi
in Southfield, MI |
Dr. Bono gave me my life back! I spent 4 years with other doctors, treatments and surgeons trying to eliminate my debilitating pain. Dr. Bono knew exactly what needed to be done and I am forever grateful. He is compassionate, friendly and most important, listens. Thank you Dr. Bono.
in Dearborn, MI |
I had spine surgery 6 years ago with Dr. Bono. It was a nightmare. I am in constant pain, day and night. I have lost my job and my quality of life. His only answer is lose weight. I have been passed from doctor to doctor and no one wants to deal with me. I am totally miserable. I can not barely walk or take care of my self. I am a spinal cripple. Thank you Dr. Bono
in Farmington, MI |
My experience with Dr. Bono was excellent from the time that I first met him. He informed of what was wrong with my back and quickly said that he could repair it. I was in severe pain for months and on numerous pain meds that never relieved my pain. He performed a Laminectomy on L1-L4. The surgery changed my life, prior to surgery I could barely walk and was on a lot of pain meds that didn't help. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Macomb, MI. |
Dr. BONO has excellent bedside manner. Highly recommend him. He's highly skilled in a very new procedure called Mobi-c artificial disc replacement surgery. So blessed to have him repair my neck on 2 levels. He gave me back my life!
Dr. Bono was great. He answered all of my questions prior to my surgery. Very personable and professional. Unfortunately his office staff is another story. CONSTANT follow up for a work note and paperwork requested by my disability company. Messages were not returned, and they had no sense of urgency. I work for a company in which we've won 8 JD Power awards for outstanding customer service. Employees are terminated if emails and VM's are not returned within 24 hours. No excuses accepted.
in South Lyon, MI |
Dr. Bono is a fantastic doctor with great bed side manners, compassionate and understanding, along with being very thorough regarding the surgery I needed. Dr. Bono gave me my life back, I'm forever grateful to him.
in Livonia, MI |
He's a angel sent from heaven the best surgeon ever. So patient and will make the room light up with his presents listens well and explains well and most of all he fix you very well. I came through emergency and had already had back surgery with another doctor but, the surgery didn't go so well Dr. Bono took my case and today I have no more problem. My angel
West Bloomfield, MI |
Recommend by my own doctor who had Dr Bono take care of his brother for a similar problem I had. Very very pleased with outcome. Releaved years of back pain, now I can move about without severe pain. I am very pleased.
in Dearborn Heights, MI |
he is a grate doctor he has a grate team.
in Lincoln Park, MI |
Dr.peter Bono did my neck and back surgery and I haven't felt this good in 25 years. Thanks Dr.Bono you are a true angel.
in Livonia, MI |
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Bono to anyone experiencing neck / spinal issues. He did an amazing job with the surgery, helped through recovery and created a great experience. I have sent several friends his way, and they all report positive experiences. :)
in Livonia, MI |
I have read many reviews about dr. Bono about not him not caring about what happens to you after surgery but I totally disagree. He did my surgery February of 2015 he did three of them total. The man came in at 7 a.m. on a Sunday morning and I will never forget that. He has seen me continually until this month and I've got another appointment for with him in 6 months. He has always shown great concern he's always been very professional yet very friendly at the same time. I gave dr. Bono 5 Stars
in South Lyon, MI |
Very precise with information and exhibited a positive attitude.
in Bridgeport Michigan |
Very disappointed. Dr Bono did my surgery in 2013 after surgery I kept telling him that something was still wrong but he kept telling that my back was healed. I went to my doctor who had a MRI done which my Back Dr should have gotten done the MRI showed that my back was not healed so yes that meant back surgery 4. My question is do he really cares what happens to his patients. Now there nothing else that he can do for me so he has stopped giving me my meds to. So no that's not the kind of Dr
Novi, MI |
Explains everything thoroughly. Believes that surgery is the last option. My decision to move forward with surgery and completely satisfied. He answers all questions and ensures that patient is knowledgeable every step of the way. Highly recommend Dr. Bono.
in Gladwin mi |
Doctor Peter Bono was recommended by another surgeon , I had some back problems for quite some time, Dr Bono kept track of the problem and when we both thought it was time to do the surgery because the pain had stopped me from doing my everyday chores and general living. I traveled over 3 hours each way to his office in Novi because I knew he was the one I wanted to work with. Doctor Bono took care of all the problems while doing the operation. A caring and expert man see him first and last!
in Waterford, MI |
He instilled confidence that I could be repaired, then he came through with royal colors. I wish I would have met him 3 miserable years ago. He told me I would enjoy walking again and so far so good. None of the old pain. I highly recommend Dr. Bono to anyone, but I do hope I don't have to visit him again, ever.
Have you seen Dr. Peter Bono, DO?
Are you Dr. Bono?