Dr. Peter Bono, DO

Dr. Peter Bono, DO

Orthopedic Surgery  ·
Dr. Peter Bono, DO is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Southfield, MI and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from Nova Southeastern University College Of Osteopathic Medicine in 1995 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, orthopedic neck surgery, and more.Read his story

22250 Providence Dr Ste 601

Southfield, MI 48075

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Michigan

Check Dr. Bono's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Bono's Top Procedures and Conditions

Herniated Disc Surgery

Dr. Bono performs Herniated Disc Surgery more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Bono performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Anterior Cervical Discectomy With Fusion
  • Microdiscectomy
  • Percutaneous Discectomy
  • Spinal Discectomy
Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Dr. Bono performs Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Bono performs this procedure more than 99% of his peers

• Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hip Replacement
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Kyphosis
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lordosis
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Decompression
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Instability
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Synovial Biopsy

Dr. Bono's values are: Excellence – He maintains the highest standards and achieves them by continually measuring and improving outcomes. Compassion – He demonstrates his commitment to world-class care by providing a caring and...

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

1995
1991

• Italian

• Atlas of Orthopedic Trauma: A multimedia reference, 2004
  • Postoperative Wound Infections After Instrumentation of Thoracic and Lumber Fractures, 2001

Dr. Bono's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bono

4.2

Dr. Bono?
Dr. Bono's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Peter Bono, DO
I suffered from debilitating pain that effected by lower back and legs from April 2018 - April 2019. Dr. Bono performed a lumbar laminectomy on my L2-L4 to remove the arthritis that was pressing on my nerves. I am now pain free and am so grateful to Dr. Bono and his staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Bono, DO?
Dr Bono is caring, honest and straightforward. He told me what needed to be done, what outcome to expect and everything that will he will do to achieve the best outcome. He’s frank and doesn’t pull punches. Then , no pressure, it’s up to you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Bono, DO?
My foot was left numb immediately after a laminectomy. The doctor and his staff said it was only temporary. 5 years later my foot is still numb, causing motor difficulties standing and walking. This doctor lied to my face when he said it was impossible for his surgery to cause this complication.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Bono, DO?
Dr Bono is a nice man, but he is very busy & does not provide the appropriate compassion for his patients. He is a good surgeon, but he's abrupt & to the point. His staff likes to complain about patients & why the keep calling for appts loudly so all patients in the waiting room & offices can hear. We were told we were next for an appointment for over 30 minutes. We have never spent more than 5 minutes with Bono only. finally walked out 1.25 hours after apt time, we never saw dr
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Bono, DO?
Dr. Bono and his staff was very friendly. After the doctor took x-rays and examined me he suggested surgery to cure my aches and pains. He took his time to explain what exactly he was gonna do and how it worked. He answered all my questions and concerns I had, using models of the neck. I was never rushed and I'm more comfortable about having the procedure done. Looking forward to a pain free future.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Bono, DO?
30 days after my surgery I was pretty sure I had made a terrible mistake. At 90 days post surgery I began to think maybe I'd be okay. After 180 days I was sure I had made the right decision and now, a year later, I have no leg pain and can walk without a cane, let alone a walker and do more than most 71 year old men can do.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Bono, DO?
I was sent to Dr. Bono for a second opinion. I was more comfortable with his approach and explanation of my condition than the first highly-touted surgeon. He was straightforward, even blunt, and I elected to have the surgery. The surgery was a positive experience and the recovery went well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Bono, DO?
Fantastic surgeon as well as a great bedside manner. Dr. Bono goes above and beyond when it comes to surgery and explanation. After major back surgery, I am walking and standing normally. He is amazing and I wouldn't let anyone else do my surgery. What a great surgeon and great guy - and his staff are all outstanding.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Bono, DO?
Fabulous surgeon and doctor. My lumbar spine fusion has gone very very well . All questions answered. Recommend Dr Peter Bono emphatically !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Bono, DO?
Very good Doctor. I had disc replacement and it went fine, quick recovery and still doing fine.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Bono, DO?
Dr. Bono came highly recommended by other professionals and patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Bono, DO?
Dr. Bono performed an anterior lumbar interbody fusion (L4-S1) and a posterior instrumental fusion (L4-S1) on my back in December of 2018. Before the surgery I was in significant pain and had difficulty sleeping due to the discomfort. Soon after the surgery, my pain was eliminated and had no problem sleeping through the night. I’m very happy that I went with Dr. Bono and his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Bono, DO?
I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis and underwent Anterior Cervical Decompression and Fusion. Dr. Bono is an amazing doctor and I am truly grateful that he performed my surgery. After the surgery my pain has been minimal and my recovery time six weeks. I really appreciated the fact that Dr. Bono and his staff make sure that both before, during and after the surgery that they are there to help with your recovery and concerns. Highly recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Bono, DO?
I had an appointment with Dr. Bono in early December 2018 for an L-5 fracture and 10 days later I had surgery. Everything went very well and I'm very happy I had two procedures done; kyphoplasty and lumber laminectomy. He is an amazing spine surgeon! He explains the procedures thoroughly and knows what he is talking about. He restored my ability to walk and took all of my left leg and foot pain away. Excellent doctor! Thank you so much Dr. Bono!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Bono, DO?
Dr. Bono and his staff were very professional and efficient from the first phone call up to my post surgical visit!! Explained surgery in detail and what to expect post surgery. Couldn't be happier with my results...…..Excellent surgeon!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Bono, DO?
Dr. Bono performed a laminectomy on my L4/L5 disc. The procedure took away my pain and allowed me to stand straight again. In addition to his surgical skills Dr. Bono is an outstanding communicator and an all around great guy. His staff is efficient, responding to email questions in a friendly and timely manor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Bono, DO?
Thank you Dr. Bono for helping me get my life back. I suffered for 18 months with excruciating back pain from a fall that prevented me from walking or standing for longer than 7 minutes. I had surgery just 23 days ago and already I can walk and stand without pain! Yeah!!! I am optimistic that I will continue to heal and be able to resume an active lifestyle. Dr. Bono and his team are excellent! Everyone at his office has been extremely helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Bono.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Bono, DO?
My husband has had two back surgeries performed by Dr. Bono. We have the utmost faith and confidence in him. My husband has said, "If he wanted me to lie down on this table and have him surgery, I'd let him do it in a minute."
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Bono, DO?
Dr. Bono performed a Lumbar Laminectomy for my severe spinal canal stenosis which allowed me to stand upright for the first time in years. His calm and assuring nature gave me and my husband comfort before, and during, the entire process. He is The Best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Bono, DO?
I had spine surgery and he did a great job, I am doing great
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Bono?

Michigan Spine & Brain Surgeons, PLLC

• Sat: closed

Insurance accepted

Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.