Dr. Peter Bono, DO

Dr. Peter Bono, DO

Orthopedic Surgery  ·
Dr. Peter Bono, DO is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Southfield, MI and has been practicing for 17 years. He graduated from Nova Southeastern University College Of Osteopathic Medicine in 1995 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, orthopedic neck surgery, and more.Read his story

22250 Providence Dr Ste 601

Southfield, MI 48075

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Bono

See how frequently Dr. Bono performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spinal Fusion
Herniated Disc Surgery
Spinal Stenosis

Dr. Bono's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Bono's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Bono "Dr. Bono completed his medical education in 1995 at the College of Osteopathic Medicine, Nova Southeastern University, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He then completed an Osteopathic Orthopedic residency at Botsford General Hospital in Farmington Hills, Michigan. Dr. Bono completed an orthopedic spine fellowship at the New York Hospital-Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York City, NY, thereafter becoming board certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery in 2005. Dr. Bono performs over 400 spine cases a year. He was elected one of the top orthopedic surgeons in the US by the Consumer Research Council, an independent voting agency, as listed in the "Guide to America's top Orthopedic Surgeons" in the year 2007 and one of the top doctors in Detroit by the Detroit Hour magazine in 2016. Dr. Bono became a clinical assistant professor at Michigan State University College of Human Medicine in 2016. In addition to speaking English, Dr. Bono can fluently communicate in Sicilian and Italian. Dr. Bono joined the practice in 2002."

This content was provided by Dr. Bono "Dr. Bono's values are:

• Excellence – He maintains the highest standards and achieves them by continually measuring and improving outcomes.
  • Compassion – He demonstrates his commitment to world-class care by providing a caring and supportive environment for his patients, patients' families, and fellow caregivers.
  • Integrity – He adheres to high moral principles and professional standards by a commitment to honesty, confidentiality, and respect.
  • Dignity – He treats each patient with respect, honoring their aspirations and value as an individual.
  • Innovation – He welcomes change, encourages invention, and continually seeks better, more efficient ways to achieve his goals.
  • Teamwork – He collaborates and shares knowledge to benefit patients and fellow caregivers.
  • Service – He strives to exceed his patients' and/or fellow caregivers' expectations.
"

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Orthopedic Neck Surgery
  • Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Accredited by: American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• University Of Florida
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • New York University-Hospital For Joint Diseases
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

• Atlas of Orthopedic Trauma: A multimedia reference, 2004
  • Postoperative Wound Infections After Instrumentation of Thoracic and Lumber Fractures, 2001

• Italian

Dr. Bono does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bono and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bono's Reviews

4.1
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bono to family and friends

Dr. Bono's Performance

Dr. Bono easily found my Spondylolisthesis that other doctors missed. I had a L4-L5 fusion 6 weeks ago. The surgery and post op period was exactly as he described. I’m pain free now and thankful.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I've had back issues for years. I chose Dr. Bono from a recommendation by another doctor but when I met him I knew he would be able to help me. What I appreciated is that he only did what needed to be done to help me. Not only is he an excellent surgeon but he is compassionate. Also, after...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option2
Dr. Bono gave me my life back! I spent 4 years with other doctors, treatments and surgeons trying to eliminate my debilitating pain. Dr. Bono knew exactly what needed to be done and I am forever grateful. He is compassionate, friendly and most important, listens. Thank you Dr. Bono.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0
I had spine surgery 6 years ago with Dr. Bono. It was a nightmare. I am in constant pain, day and night. I have lost my job and my quality of life. His only answer is lose weight. I have been passed from doctor to doctor and no one wants to deal with me. I am totally miserable. I can not barely...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option3
My experience with Dr. Bono was excellent from the time that I first met him. He informed of what was wrong with my back and quickly said that he could repair it. I was in severe pain for months and on numerous pain meds that never relieved my pain. He performed a Laminectomy on L1-L4. The...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option1