Dr. Peter Bernad, MD

Dr. Peter Bernad, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Peter Bernad, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Washington, DC. He is 69 years old and has been practicing for 43 years.

2112 F St NW Ste 303

Washington, DC 20037

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Bernad

See how frequently Dr. Bernad performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Migraine
Headache
Confusion

Dr. Bernad's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vasculitis
  • Vertigo

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for District of Columbia.

• McGill University Faculty Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1974

Dr. Bernad has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Bernad does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bernad and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bernad's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bernad to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Bernad's Performance
New York, NY |
Dr. Bernard prescribed me a fantastic medication that immensely helped me with my migraines. My visits at his office were fine — though kind of awkward — but not too bad. However, when my prescription ran out, I called his office six times over the course of one week — only to leave messages that were never returned. I'm suffering with no prescription medication now and I have no choice but to switch doctors. I'm horribly disappointed and stunned by the lack of care.
Washington, DC |
Completely disinterested in hearing about my symptoms. I spent more time with his students, who then tried to give him a summary but he blew them off to tell semi-related stories that were rather inappropriate. Lectured me about the opiate crisis (I've never had opiates prescribed to me and certainly wasn't asking for any) and then gave me 5 different prescription drug samples along with coupons for buying more of them. Awful. Just heartbreaking to get hopes up for this neurologist.
Washington, DC |
I am giving this one star because I cannot give a zero. Overall, I found the doctor to be unresponsive, uninterested in my health, and clearly did not listen to what I was telling him. After several appointments and multiple costly tests over a period of days (which were admitted administered by competent and friendly nurses) he then asked me a number of questions that he had asked me at my very first appointment and clearly didn't remember. Do not waste your time or your money at this office.
in washington, dc |
Excellent bed side manner for a doctor in this day and age!! Very attentive and concerned with addressing my issue/condition. Easy in scheduling and no wait. He was super pleasant, as well as his team members. If i could rate his higher, i definitely would.
Arlington, VA |
Dr. Bernad is obviously highly qualified and proficient in his field but he has more patients than he can keep up with. Every time you go in for an appointment you have to explain what's going on multiple times. They don't return phone calls. They don't even return phone calls for pharmacies. The wait time is ridiculous and I have had to leave because the wait was too long and had a prior commitment. I have witnessed other patients having to do the same after waiting upwards of 2 hours.
in Dumfries, VA |
I have been seeing the doctor and the NP for a while now and I am concerned at the complete lack of follow up, lack of explanation or discussion of changes in medicines and dosing, they constantly ask me if I've had certain test done which I have with them and they have the results. Staff has been rude, care has been inconsistent at best.
in Arlington, VA |
Few weeks ago Dr. Bernad did an excellent job diagnosing/treating my uncle and he referred him to Diamond Home Healthcare for home therapy. Dr. Bernad and Diamond Home Healthcare were amazing and I can already see improvement! Thank you!
in Alexandria, VA |
Wonderful visit. They have a very caring staff, and Dr. Bernad spends a significant amount of time thoroughly reviewing each and every possible issue!
in Fairfax, VA |
Dr. Peter Bernad is a personable, intelligent person who genuinely cares about his patients, and everyone in the office is cheerful and competent! He truly listens to my medical issues and helps me accordingly. He is a great doctor. I like seeing Dr. Bernad again. So happy I found him. He made me very comfortable. Highly recommended!
in Arlington, VA |
Without a doubt this is the absolute best doctor that I have ever had. He not only makes you feel like you are his only patient, he is able to completely diagnosis your problem, immediately. In the visits that I have had, the wait time has been much better than any of the other physicians that I have used. Dr. Bernad is board certified in both Neurology and Internal Medicine which is a rare to find in medicine. Also, check out his educational schools, McGill, Harvard.
in Springfield, VA |
As a new patient, I came for my appointment and as I was filling out paperwork saw him leave. Med student did all the vitals, history, etc, then I waited. They said they texted him but he didn't respond. He never showed up. They didn't know where he was. I asked to reschedule, which they did. NOT a good first impression.
in College Park, MD |
My fiancé 's mother recommended Dr Bernad when I was told to see a neurologist. I am so glad she did! He and his staff are wonderful. When I needed a neurosurgeon, he referred me to an excellent one and made sure I was seen quickly. Professional and caring, I would recommend him highly.
in Lexington Park, MD |
Wonderful Doctor, great staff! How many doctors care enough about their patients that they have office hours on Saturday? Dr. Bernad is the only one I know. The medical community could use him as an example of what a doctor should be.
in Annandale, VA |
We have been seeing Dr. Bernad for over a decade, after he saved my brother-in-law from a stroke. He is a neurologist who is opposed to surgery to solve medical problems. He believes in treatment after thorough testing and has a full suite of equipment in his office. He is very friendly and will have long talks with patients to set them at ease. This, together with his large staff of medical students from foreign lands, slows down treatment. He is great, but not if you have a busy schedule
in Arlington, VA |
For the past 38 years, I have served in the military both on active duty and as a civilian. As an attorney, I represented disabled veterans which required working with doctors on a daily basis for at least 20 years. For professional and personal reasons, Dr. Bernad is the only doctor that I would rate as excellent (5 stars). He takes great pride in helping veterans (and others) and he helped my family and I address a multitude of medical issues. His staff is very responsive and courteous.
Hollywood, MD |
Dr Bernad has been seeing me for approximately 2 years after I sustained nerve damage from a car accident. He always has interns from around the world with him so I always feel like I know what he is talking about, He has been the only Doctor that has been able to make me feel that I can overcome this set back in my life. He treats you like a person vs a number and truly seems to care about his patients. He and his staff are wonderful!!
in Woodbridge, VA |
At the first appt. I spent 30 minutes explaining my situation to his intern. The intern took the notes out to Dr. Bernad. When Bernad came in, we went through the findings and Bernad examined me. Very thourough physical exam. Based on this he prescribed a variety of tests which all seem to be pertinent to my condition. After going through the tests, an MRI, blood work, sleep study, I came back for a followup. This was all with an intern who never touched on any of the test results not good.
in Centreville, VA |
Harvard educated with a med school degree from Hopkins but far from pretentious. Dr. Bernard is a relationship builder who is relatable and respectful to not only my dad, but to also my mom and the rest of my family. He's always available whenever we have questions and he always remembers our needs and wants. Highly recommend working with him. My dad is 83 in July and still rocking. I have Dr. Bernard to thank for giving me precious memories with my dad during his golden years.
Frederick, MD |
Very Professional!
in Stafford, VA |
While he was very knowledgeable about my wife's conditions he did not have good personal skills. During the visit there was a student in the room with him (that's not a problem) but he would speak to the student about my wife as if she wasn't even in the room. He spoke down to her as if she was stupid and seemed very rude.
in Stafford, VA |
I do not know that any other Neurologist could be as caring, take the time to listen fitting you as an individual in his day everyday and has been my doctor for 35 years and will my doctor till I will not need a neurologist again. My original diagnose was Gulane Brae' and I was in Alexandria Hospital for four months, was unable to walk for 6 months and I really believe that I could not have been as comfortable with another doctor.
in Alexandria, VA |
Had a great experience for my first visit took a little longer then expected . Very professional and they all seemed to care about me as a person. Would recommend to others. Above and beyond expectations
Have you seen Dr. Peter Bernad, MD?
Are you Dr. Bernad?