Dr. Peter Basta, MD

Dr. Peter Basta, MD

Neurological Spine Surgery  ·

Dr. Peter Basta, MD is a neurological spine surgery specialist in Kansas City, MO. He specializes in neurological spine surgery and neurosurgery.Read his story

Midwest Neuroscience Institute

2330 E Meyer Blvd Ste T411

Kansas City, MO 64132

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
  • Cenpatico Behavioral Health
  • CorVel
  • Family Health Partners
  • HCA Midwest Comp Care
  • Healthcare USA
  • Homestate Health Plan

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Check Dr. Basta's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Basta's Top Procedures and Conditions

Brain Aneurysm

Dr. Basta treats Brain Aneurysm more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Basta treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Cerebrovascular Disease

Dr. Basta treats Cerebrovascular Disease more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Basta treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Basta treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Basta treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis

• Carotid Ultrasound
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Cranial Trauma
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • CyberKnife®, Cranial (Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Cranial) incl. Gamma Knife and LINAC Photon Beam
  • Deep Brain Stimulation
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Hematoma
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Repair
  • Intracranial Vessel Angioplasty and Stenting
  • Intrauterine Device Management
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization

I am a member of HCA Midwest Health Physicians, an integrated group of primary care and specialty practices. We provide high quality, compassionate healthcare in a caring, affordable, timely and accessible manner. Our doctors collaborate with patient...

• Neurological Spine Surgery

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Basta

Dr. Basta?
Dr. Basta's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Peter Basta, MD
After an incorrect date on my paperwork and a two month wait to see Dr. Basta , I went for my appointment. He had an emergency surgery that morning and wasn't seeing any patients that day. Neither of my phone numbers which the Dr. office had been provided, had recorded a missed phone call and neither of my phones had any messages or texts or any attempts to contact me, recorded on them. I understand emergency surgeries, what I can't accept is that NO ONE ATTEMPTED TO NOTIFY ME. Further, when I phoned the office (no one initiated a to call me from his office), Veronica lied to me and told me that she had left a message. At that time, they said they would call the next day and I was on hold for an unacceptable amount of time as Veronica found someone else to speak with me. This person told me they would call me back the next day after talking to Dr. Basta's nurse. She phoned the next day at 4:59 and when I attempted to return the call (I was driving) the office was closed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Basta, MD?
Very straightforward about what to expect with the surgery. He and all of his staff are always friendly, courteous and helpful—answered my questions and never made me feel rushed. Extremely professional without being distant.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Basta, MD?
Dr Basta has been my brain neurosurgeon since 2009. I was in need of an immediate appointment and he accepted me as his patient in three days. I have benefited from his care and advice ever since. I know he is well prepared to help everyone
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Basta, MD?
I had back and neck surgery and Dr. Basta did them both it has been 10 years he is the best all around before and after surgery. I know so many people who've had to have repeat surgeries on the same areas not me I'm very happy my husband is going to him now
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Basta, MD?
I had a very positive experience with my checkup with Dr. Basta. He was very knowledgeable and gave me all the time I needed. I did not feel rushed in any way. Terry
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Basta, MD?
I highly recommend Doctor Peter Basta! I had major back surgery that lasted almost 5 hours! He and his team were and are magnificent! I was afraid in the beginning, but he explained and showed me on a model what gets would be doing! My surgery is 16 months old. I've been back in the gym since last September. God led need to Doctor Basta! Thank you for your expertise and witty personality! He takes time with you. That's so important! Many blessings! ??????
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Basta, MD?
Dr Basta always listens (so important) and leaves me with a positive feeling. He will always be truthful but caring and allows you to express your opinion and ask questions. He has a great personality and I look forward to seeing and talking with him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Basta, MD?
I was very impressed with his knowledge of brain tumors and his plan was great. He was not a doctor that wanted to rush into surgery when it was not necessary. I was impressed with that. Friendly and he will answer your questions!!! He does not mind being asked questions. Sometimes he has a casual appearance.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Basta, MD?
Nearly 4 years of lower back and right sciatica pain and going thru years of Insurance protocol I finally had back surgery. The best decision I made. It's been 6 months out of surgery and I am actually pain free. I am so pleased to have found Dr. Basta. Thank you for giving me my life back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Basta, MD?
i have been seeing Dr. Basta for the past 3 years. He and his colleagues successfully treated my brain cancer and I see him now for regular follow ups. Very competent and personable as are his support staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Basta, MD?
Dr. Basta is a GREAT doctor. I am a disabled veteran who has called upon Dr. Basta twice to repair two different areas on my back. I trusted him with my life and knew the outcome would be better with his wonderful skill sets and knowledge. He has treated me with kindness and understanding, yet he has pushed me in areas that would improve my outcomes. Dr. Basta is Dr. Welby on steroids... He is highly regarded in the medical community and I have had several health professionals say good things
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Basta, MD?
Dr Basta is a very caring, thorough physician, who saw me for a back injury. He immediately ordered an MRI, and direct admitted me to the hospital and performed surgery the next morning; as he could see the pain I was in and how urgently I needed something done. He took great care of me and I would highly recommend him as a neurosurgeon. He listened to all of my concerns and explained everything to me, so I had no hesitation when he wanted to operate.I’m very thankful to have him as my surgeon
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Basta, MD?
Dr. Basta is one of a kind. His credentials are second to none; but more importantly, his bedside manner is top notch! The first time I met him, I felt like I had known him for years. He doesn’t talk above you, he talks to you. He understood the pain i was in and saw urgency in getting me relief. I am blessed to be his patient and I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Thank you for the positive feedback! We...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Basta, MD?
I would recomend Dr Basta to everyone. He explains pro and cons and all options in such a way that you can really understand your choices. He a very skilled surgeon and takes all the time needed to get the job done right.
Thank you for the positive feedback! We...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Basta, MD?
Dr. Basta and his staff have been wonderful to me. He is a gifted surgeon and in you have to wait for an appointment, it is worth the wait. I traveled from Thailand to get his help and the surgery was successful.
We appreciate your confidence in Dr. Basta and...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Basta, MD?
I based my selection of Dr. Basta on Healthgrades reviews. He was a second opinion on a surgery I had been considering. He didn't push the surgery on me at all but carefully and thoroughly explained my condition after reviewing my tests and provided me with options. I did end up having Dr. Basta perform surgery on my neck and spine and it could not have gone any better. So not only is he a skilled surgeon, but every consultation I've had pre and post has been great. Staff is great too.
Thank you for your feedback concerning Dr. Basta...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Basta, MD?
Dr. Basta is easy to talk to and a straight shooter. I had 3 herniated discs and Dr. Basta performed a micro discectomy that was a complete success. Don't suffer any longer and get a consult. I can't thank him enough for returning my life back to a normal full schedule.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Basta, MD?
Dr. Basta is very caring and takes the time to explain everything in terms you can understand. I feel very confident and very glad to have him as my doctor. I recommend him to anyone who is looking for a neurologist in the Kansas City area that will give you excellent care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Basta, MD?
My husband had back surgery last year and is still having issues. After seeing Dr. Basta in March and a second MRI along with xrays, we are now looking at 3 1/2 months of waiting to get the results of these tests. Despite numerous calls to the office NOBODY seems to be able to provide these results. Dr Basta told us he reads films once a month but now we are seriously looking at maybe once a quarter. This is ridiculous. Needless to say we are switching doctor's.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Basta, MD?
Dr. Basta was absolutely amazing!!!! Would highly recommend him to anyone, he put me back together!!!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Basta?

Insurance accepted

Preferred Health Professionals
Premier Group Insurance
Savility
WellCare

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Basta treats patients.

Menorah Medical Center