Dr. Peter Angevine, MD

Dr. Peter Angevine, MD

Neurological Spine Surgery •  Male • Age 50

Telehealth services available

Dr. Peter Angevine, MD is a Neurological Spine Surgery Specialist in New York, NY and has over 22 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons medical school in 1998. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center and New York-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Angevine to book an appointment.

ColumbiaDoctors Orthopedics

Dr. Angevine's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Angevine

3.4

Dr. Angevine?
Dr. Angevine is a god send! I am a 30 yr old woman who suffered from degenerative disc disease. I walked completely hunched to the right side most of the time, and was unable to stand up straight after sitting. I was scheduled for a one level spinal fusion on December 5th 2019. A week before surgery i experienced leg pain out of nowhere. Dr. Angevine made sure i went for another MRI right away to make sure everything was still as expected. We found out i had a buldge in the level below the scheduled fusion, and all of the nerves were being crushed by this disc. He is a fantastic diagnostician who scheduled me for a bi level spinal fusion the following week. I am now 7 weeks post op and i feel phenomenal. Thanks to Dr. Angevine, i got my life back! Getting married this year, and looking forward to being pain free for as long as possible!
MICHELLE MAUCERI – Jan 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Angevine, MD?
I saw him for a second opinion following a laminectomy I had in 11/17 for my back. The surgeon resolved back, but I still had severe knee and groin pain a year later. He spent 10 minutes with me and recommend a spinal cord stimulator, because he couldn't figure out why I still had such incredible pain. Thank God I got another opinion from a local Neurosurgeon in Long Island who sent me for a hip MRI which showed a labrum tear. Being treated for that now, and feeling much better. Stay away!
NY – Apr 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Angevine, MD?
Performed Surgery Dec 13, 2018 to remove large disk fragment causing "drop Foot". I obtained three opinions and while all diagnoses similar, Angevine spent significant time explaining the issues, the urgency, the procedure and the recovery, where others simply said "you need surgery", and spent most of consultation entering info in computer. 4 weeks later, I am 95% recovered, only required pain meds for 4 days, and felt all went exactly as described. Wonderful staff at hospital.
Chris L in Weston, CT – Jan 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Angevine, MD?
Peter Angevine is nothing short of a criminal. I had no nerve pain prior to surgery. He performed a spinal fusion and used a biologic called bone morphogenic protein, without my knowledge nor consent, he never mentioned it. It caused such severe nerve damage, I've spent the last 4 years of my life in total, unrelenting agony. 4 other spine surgeons were horrified by his "work" and attributed the damage to the use of BMP and his technique. I have a severe neuro disorder now. I'm not fused.
Crippled in Nyc, NY – Nov 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Angevine, MD?
I was amazed by this doctor's willingness to retract surgery plans based on my arrival for a final meeting 5 minutes late in traffic-ridden Manhattan. All our plans, financial and personal had to be cancelled. I drove over 100 miles for this final consultation regarding the 2 weeks of caregiving post-rehabilitation. His withdrawal was abrupt, whimsical, and irrational, spending less than 5 minutes and then rushing off to a meeting. I felt a mix of insecurity and self-importance on his part.
Fred I. in New York, NY – Nov 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Angevine, MD?
A dear friend of mine referred me to Dr. Angevine. I cannot say enough about how highly I think of him. I lived with excruciating pain for a period of at least 10 years. My mother had gone through numerous back surgeries and none were ever successful. So my fear was that I would end up as my mom did. At the point where I could no longer live with the pain, I had to do something. Dr. Angevine is a god send. He fixed my problems. Still recuperating but doing great.
Debra Marmorstein in Paramus, NJ – Nov 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Angevine, MD?
He was the first surgeon who correctly diagnosed the source of my sciatic pain and proposed the minimal surgery to do away with it. I went from hopelessness to a complete cure; immediate pain relief in my leg and healing from the surgery itself happened just as predicted.
Paul De Angelis in Torrington, CT – Jul 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peter Angevine, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Angevine?

Dr. Angevine accepts

Dr. Angevine accepts the following insurance:

Blue Access (Select Network)-NY

• Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and...Read more

Dr. Angevine is a member of the Spine Center at the Columbia University Medical Center. He has received specialized fellowship training in the evaluation...Read more

• Neurological Spine Surgery