Dr. Perry White III, MD

Dr. Perry White III, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 64 years old

I work with the orthoneuro spine team of Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics. I am a fellowship trained spine surgeon. In my fellowship, I trained with both orthopaedic spine surgeons and neurosurgeons to do what I do today. I specialize in helping people who have problems in the neck, upper back, or low back including disc herniations, spinal stenosis, deformity, infection, and tumor.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. White III's Experience

See how Dr. White III's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. White III

Dr. White III accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. White III has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. White III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. White III to family and friends
Experience with Dr. White III
Dr. White III's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (25)
Dr. White III Says:

Thank you for providing feedback on my profile page.  This information is incredibly valuable to our team and is reviewed on a regular basis.  If you have any concerns about the care you have received or questions about ongoing treatment, please do not hesitate to call my office directly at 865-694-8353.

P. Merrill White, III, MD

in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. White is not only my Doctor but is also my FRIEND! He corrected my back problems after six (6) prior back surgeries by neurosurgeons. Thanks, Dr. White!
David, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback!
Lenoir City, TN. |
Dr. White did my back surgery 4 weeks ago. I am progressing well, just as he indicated I would do. I follow ALL of his suggestions/restrictions, and I have not no trouble!! I would strongly recommend Dr. White to do surgery on anyone. He is very professional, very knowledgeable. What else could anyone else want! I thank Dr. White for 'giving me my life back'!!!
Thank you so much for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with P. Merrill White, III, M.D.. Glad to hear you are doing well!
in New Tazewell, TN |
I found Dr White extremely knowledgeable, professional and communicative. I would highly recommend him. His manner was thorough and complete. Exceeded my expectations and look forward to working with him through this injury. He was straightforward in his assessment as to it being unwise to proceed with mechanical intervention. I will follow his recommendations to the letter. I have a vast amount of trust in his opinion.
Allen Torbett, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with P. Merrill White, III, M.D..
Maryville, TN |
Dr. White did surgery on my spine. He is an excellent caring doctor. The surgery was a success and I received excellent care from Dr. White and his Staff. I would highly recommend Dr. White.
in Knoxville, TN |
I'll begin by saying a lot of people go out looking for a friend and not a doctor. Dr. White is not going to be your friend. He asks pertinent questions to get to the most plausible diagnosis and that's it. I found him competent and trustworthy and though he doesn't have the greatest bedside manner, I didn't leave regretting my decision. On the contrary, he suggested immediate action for my illness and didn't try to push surgery or medication on me, something my friendly doctors tend towards.
Dr. White is by far the greatest surgeon and doctor I have had the pleasure with. Do not let these reviews fool you, this man knows his information and is very well educated while also including you in the process. VERY CARING. Surgery went very well and I am incredibly please with the results (I had a disc replacement in my cervical spine). He called me a few days before to answer any questions, as well as reviewing al information once again to be sure it was what was best for me.
Have you seen Dr. Perry White III, MD?

Compare Dr. White III

Dr. White III says...

Board certified physician, Dr. Merrill White, received his medical degree from the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, Georgia. During his residency through the Bowman Gray School of Medicine at North Carolina Baptist Hospital in Winston-Salem, he was named chief resident. Dr. White later served as an Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at North Carolina Baptist Hospital. His training and expertise in spinal surgery were further refined during a fellowship in Adult Spine Surgery at the Rothman Institute and Jefferson Hospital, both in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Dr. White's numerous professional associations include memberships in the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the North American Spine Society, the Knoxville Orthopedic Society, and the Tennessee Orthopaedic Society.

Dr. White III's Care Philosophy

I work with the orthoneuro spine team of Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics. I am a fellowship trained spine surgeon.  In my fellowship, I trained with both orthopaedic spine surgeons and neurosurgeons to do what I do today.  I specialize in helping people who have problems in the neck, upper back, or low back including disc herniations,  spinal stenosis,  deformity,  infection,  and tumor.

Dr. White III says...

P. Merrill White, III, MD

Dr. White III's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Cervical Disc Degeneration
  • Discitis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Spinal Infections
  • Spinal Instability
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1979

Bowman Gray School of Medicine
    The Rothman Institute

Dr. White III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. White III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Degenerative Disc surgery
  • Herniated Disc Procedure
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spinal Tumor Surgery
  • Spine Surgery

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.