Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Perry White III, MD
Board certified physician, Dr. Merrill White, received his medical degree from the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, Georgia. During his residency through the Bowman Gray School of Medicine at North Carolina Baptist Hospital in Winston-Salem, he was named chief resident. Dr. White later served as an Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at North Carolina Baptist Hospital. His training and expertise in spinal surgery were further refined during a fellowship in Adult Spine Surgery at the Rothman Institute and Jefferson Hospital, both in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Dr. White's numerous professional associations include memberships in the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the North American Spine Society, the Knoxville Orthopedic Society, and the Tennessee Orthopaedic Society.

9430 Park West Blvd Ste 110

• NovaNet
  • Prime Health Services
  • USA Managed Care Organization

Learn about Dr. White III

I work with the orthoneuro spine team of Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics. I am a fellowship trained spine surgeon.  In my fellowship, I trained with both orthopaedic spine surgeons and neurosurgeons to do what I do today.  I specialize in helping people who have problems in the neck, upper back, or low back including disc herniations,  spinal stenosis,  deformity,  infection,  and tumor.

Dr. White III's Experience

Dr. White III's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. White III does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Cervical Disc Degeneration
  • Discitis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Spinal Infections
  • Spinal Instability
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

• Degenerative Disc surgery
  • Herniated Disc Procedure
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spinal Tumor Surgery
  • Spine Surgery

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1979
  • Bowman Gray School Of Medicine
  • The Rothman Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. White III has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. White III has no media or publications listed.

Dr. White III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. White III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. White III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. White III to family and friends
3.4
Dr. White III Says:

Thank you for providing feedback on my profile page.  This information is incredibly valuable to our team and is reviewed on a regular basis.  If you have any concerns about the care you have received or questions about ongoing treatment, please do not hesitate to call my office directly at 865-694-8353.

P. Merrill White, III, MD

Dr. White III's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
in New Tazewell TN |
Dr.White is very professional, made sure I understood what is going on with me. He did not talk over my head. I am very pleased with the service and will be using Dr. White again when needed.
in Knoxville, TN |
I've had the best experience with Dr. White's office and him being my surgeon. I was in bad shape when I went to him. He saved me. If it had not been for God and Dr White, I don't know what I'd do. I highly recommend him as a surgeon/physician. He's the best.
in MARYVILLE TN |
Dr. White is a very good Dr. and I trust him.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. White has done 5 back surgeries on me and the problem each time was resolved. I recommend him any time i hear of some one in need of spinal surgery .
Lebanon, TN |
I was appalled at how rude Dr. White treated my mother. He acted like she was wasting his time. She has been in a great deal of pain and only wanted to see what or if something could be done. He said he couldn't help her yet scheduled test? My mother is a sweet gentle woman. For a man like this to treat her so disrespectfully is wrong. If he cannot do any better he needs to quit.
Dr. White impressed me as a meticulous surgeon with a highly prepared and organized surgical team. His quietly direct, yet kind, demeanor immediately instilled confidence in his diagnosis and surgical expertise. Not one to tell you what you want to hear, Dr. White expresses his diagnosis and instructions in clearly understandable terms that if followed I have no doubt will lead to complete recovery from my spinal fusion and restored mobility.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. White is not only my Doctor but is also my FRIEND! He corrected my back problems after six (6) prior back surgeries by neurosurgeons. Thanks, Dr. White!
David, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback!
Lenoir City, TN. |
Dr. White did my back surgery 4 weeks ago. I am progressing well, just as he indicated I would do. I follow ALL of his suggestions/restrictions, and I have not no trouble!! I would strongly recommend Dr. White to do surgery on anyone. He is very professional, very knowledgeable. What else could anyone else want! I thank Dr. White for 'giving me my life back'!!!
Thank you so much for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with P. Merrill White, III, M.D.. Glad to hear you are doing well!
in New Tazewell, TN |
I found Dr White extremely knowledgeable, professional and communicative. I would highly recommend him. His manner was thorough and complete. Exceeded my expectations and look forward to working with him through this injury. He was straightforward in his assessment as to it being unwise to proceed with mechanical intervention. I will follow his recommendations to the letter. I have a vast amount of trust in his opinion.
Allen Torbett, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with P. Merrill White, III, M.D..
Maryville, TN |
Dr. White did surgery on my spine. He is an excellent caring doctor. The surgery was a success and I received excellent care from Dr. White and his Staff. I would highly recommend Dr. White.
in Knoxville, TN |
I'll begin by saying a lot of people go out looking for a friend and not a doctor. Dr. White is not going to be your friend. He asks pertinent questions to get to the most plausible diagnosis and that's it. I found him competent and trustworthy and though he doesn't have the greatest bedside manner, I didn't leave regretting my decision. On the contrary, he suggested immediate action for my illness and didn't try to push surgery or medication on me, something my friendly doctors tend towards.
Dr. White is by far the greatest surgeon and doctor I have had the pleasure with. Do not let these reviews fool you, this man knows his information and is very well educated while also including you in the process. VERY CARING. Surgery went very well and I am incredibly please with the results (I had a disc replacement in my cervical spine). He called me a few days before to answer any questions, as well as reviewing al information once again to be sure it was what was best for me.
Have you seen Dr. Perry White III, MD?

Visit Dr. White III