Dr. Perry B. Hoeltzell, MD

Dr. Perry B. Hoeltzell, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Clinical Neurosciences Center 196 E 2000 N Ste 106, Tooele, UT 84074 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Hoeltzell specializes in Neurosurgery and practices in Tooele, UT. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Hoeltzell? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Hoeltzell's Experience

See how Dr. Hoeltzell's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hoeltzell

Dr. Hoeltzell accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Hoeltzell has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Hoeltzell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hoeltzell to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Hoeltzell
Dr. Hoeltzell's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (30)
in Tooele, Utah |
I had back pain for many years. After many trips to the chiropractor, Physical therapist, and doctor for pain meds nothing really works. My physician recommended surgery with the best neurosurgeon Dr. Holtzell. My 1st appt with him I knew he's the one to help me. He performed surgery on two of my friends both were very successful. My surgery went well too. I'm glad that my physician recommended Dr. Hoeltzell.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. hoeltzell was literally a life saver. He took the time in the very beginning to listen to me and really hear everything. I came in with peripheral numbness and weakness on my left side. I hated life and not being able to play with my daughter. I cried when he told me we could fix it after seeing so many other physicians for years that ignored my problem. The fusion went off without a hitch and he cared for my recovery better than I imagined! I would give a million stars if I could. Thank you
in Tooele, Utah |
He sat and explained everything to me with the spine sample. He answered all my questions. He let me know what would happen and how much I could do. Very kind and understanding.
in tooele utah |
Dr Hoeltzell is so awesome it was all about me he was very caring, He did not waste any time of having me do this and that he told me up front what he could do and how I would feel and that was it so I did what was needed and I have not felt pain free in 1 1/2 yrs and I had my surgery 11days ago and all I can think of is that I can just keep getting better and no pain pills so happy with Dr Hoeltzell and what he did if your in pain get ahold of him... Dr Hoeltzell Thank you so much
in Grantsville, Utah |
He does not only seem to be, but is very experienced in his field of neurosurgery.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Hoeltzell was simply amazing. He was straightforward and very thorough during his exams and follow up visits. He cares so much about his clients and puts them first. His skills and medical knowledge are incredibly impressive. He puts in the time, and did an incredible job. After surgery he didn't disappear. He would check in on me himself. And since surgery he has really taken great care of me. He's the best!
in Tooele, UT |
Dr. Hoeltzell is an amazing Doctor. I have never had such an attentive doctor who cares so much for his patients on an individual basis. He spends an incredible amount of one on one time with each of his patients. He did so well in surgery, and he doesn't wash his hands of you when the surgery is over. He is right there with you through the recovery, making sure the end goal is achieved. I could not ask for a better Doctor. I have many friends who have had the same experience with him!!!
in Morgan, UT |
He talks to his patients like their family and he will do anything he can to help you out. I would recommend him to anyone.
Salt Lake City, UT |
An amazing doctor, he was very thorough and did a fantastic job. Wait times to be seen by him are a bit long and wait times in the office can be long as well, but he is worth waiting for.
in Tooele, UT |
It was my first back surgery and he first explained in detail everything that was going to happen. He set me at ease about the whole procedure. I am a medically retired Marine with 5 combat tours and don't like going under the knife. I had no problems and am recovering very quickly! I am back on my feet and feeling like a 20 year old Marine again! Hell I want back in the Marine Corps!!! I highly recommend him and wish he was at the VA doing surgeries to veterans because we need him there!!!
in Tooele, UT |
I woke up one day and was in the worst pain possible. I could not stand up, lay down, nothing helped. l visited my local ER No xray, mri, nothing. Given 6 pills like Tylenol told ice/heat for three days. Wife got me to Dr. Douglas office. MRI Next morning. Dr. Hoeltzell called told me to go to ER. Admitted in hospital did surgery next morning! I feel great, in fact I went back to work. Thank you Dr. Hoeltzell!!!!!
in Tooele, UT |
I competely love Dr. Hoeltzell. I have never met a doctor with better bedside manners than him. When I first went to see him Dr. Hoeltzell took his time with me and explain everything in detail to me. When I walked out of his office I felt as if I completely mattered to him and just wasnt another patient he was trying to get in and out. Thank you so much Dr. Hoeltzell for everything and especially helping me get back to normal. I also have to say his staff is completely amazing!!
in Tooele, Utah |
I was having excruciating pain in my lower back that would come and go randomly. Dr Hoeltzell ordered a mylogram. After studying the results, he explained that I had issues in several places in my lower back, He told me that he could take care of this issue for me. When he spoke, he did so with a quiet confidence that impressed me. The operation took six hours, and when it was done, the lower pain was gone. I would recommend Dr. Hoeltzell without any reservations
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Hoetzell is not only a great surgeon but he treats you like a person&he actually cares about you. I trust this great man with my life. I live in SLC&my wife drives me the 40 minute drive to his office in Tooele cause he is great if it wasn't for him I would have given up hope on having a normal life. I wish every Dr could be like him&treat us like people. I dread the day he retires&I Will have to find another neurosurgeon. Dr. Hoetzell is truly one of a kind.Im blessed to have him helping me
in Tooele, UT |
He is very caring. He got me right in and had to do a pier to pier because of my insurance. Totally went to bat for me.
in Tooele, UT |
Dr. Hoeltzell is held high in my esteem after my interactions with him. I sought out Dr. Hoeltzell for a second opinion, and I am glad I did. His knowledge was extensive and his demeanor was terrific. He was very patient with me and conducted a thorough exam (the first since my injury, yet the 3rd doctor I had seen). He listened to my concerns and shared his knowledge of my injury/condition and the options for redress. I would recommend Dr. Hoetzell to the closest members of my, and you as well.
in Wellington, fl |
My husband's spine and his life were crushed like a bag of chips from a freak ocean rip current. Dr. Hoeltzell Put him back together and gave my children back their father. There are no words to express our gratitude and the confidence we have in him.
Have you seen Dr. Perry B. Hoeltzell, MD?
Are you Dr. Hoeltzell?

Compare Dr. Hoeltzell

Tooele, UT 84074

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

• Neurosurgery

• Cavernous Malformation of Spine
  • Cerebellar Astrocytoma
  • Cerebral Astrocytoma
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Rhinorrhea

• Complex Spine Surgery
  • Craniectomy
  • Craniotomy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Spinal Internal Fixation
  • Spinal Reconstruction
  • Spinal Tumor Surgery
  • Spine Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

McGill University / Faculty of Medicine

Msc-Dalhousie University

Completed in 1978

Phd-McGill University

Completed in 1990

Dr. Hoeltzell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hoeltzell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hoeltzell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Hoeltzell's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Neurosurgery
  • Board certified in Neurosurgery
  • Malpractice claims in Utah not available

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Hoeltzell

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Hoeltzell's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Hoeltzell

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients