Dr. Peggy Forbes, MD

PsychiatryFemaleAge 64

Psychiatry

Dr. Peggy Forbes, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Roswell, GA and has over 34 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from University of South Alabama / College of Medicine medical school in 1988. Her office accepts new patients.

Dr. Peggy Forbes, MD

Georgia Center/Psychiatric Svs

1115 Upper Hembree Rd Ste B Roswell, GA 30076 ()

(770) 475-1993

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check Dr. Forbes' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Forbes' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Forbes

3.2

Dr. Forbes

Dr. Forbes has been quite difficult to work with and runs a sloppy practice. She makes it hard to get in touch with her and fails to return calls in a timely fashion. She is regularly late for appointments. We’ve been double booked before where we had to reschedule because of screwups. She has no ability to get electronic prescriptions for controlled substances, so you have to manually go to the office and get a paper prescription and then make two trips to the pharmacy. She also let her license expire at one point so she couldn’t even continue our kid’s medication and had to get our GP to intervene. I asked another psychiatrist if this was normal, and he advised us to run for the hills. Unfortunately we waited too long to fire Dr. Forbes and regret not taking the advice earlier. You may need to hire your own mental health professional if you deal with her for too long!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Nov 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peggy Forbes, MD?
Dr. Forbes is a superb clinician. She is thorough, organized, very well-attuned to her patients and their family members. She works with the 'whole person' extremely well. I cannot think of a better psychiatrist, for children or adults, in Atlanta.
Kenneth Frontman in Alpharetta – May 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peggy Forbes, MD?
Dr Forbes treated me after my daughter died and helped me through the darkest journey of my life. She is very professional yet very warm. I cannot say enough about how much I appreciate all she did for me and I highly recommend hee if you need a psychiatrist who truly cares and is totally competent and knowledgeable.
Malinda in Alpharetta, GA – Sep 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peggy Forbes, MD?
I've seen her since I was 9 years old (19 years) and she's the best!
Carmel, IN – Mar 31, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Peggy Forbes, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Forbes?

• Psychiatry

1988
University of South Alabama / College of Medicine

Is Dr. Peggy Forbes, MD accepting new patients?

Dr. Peggy Forbes, MD generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Forbes' profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Peggy Forbes, MD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Forbes accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Peggy Forbes, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Forbes frequently treats Bipolar Disorder. See all procedures and conditions Dr. Forbes treats.

Where is Dr. Peggy Forbes, MD's office located?

Dr. Forbes' office is located at 1115 Upper Hembree Rd Ste B, Roswell, GA 30076. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Dr. Peggy Forbes, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Forbes has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Peggy Forbes, MD?

Georgia Center/Psychiatric Svs