Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Pedro Troya, MD
Dr. Pedro Troya, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Tampa, FL. He is 38 years old and has been practicing for 13 years. Dr. Troya is affiliated with Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel.

Bay Area Endocrinology Associates, Tampa, FL

4816 N Armenia Ave

Tampa, FL 33603

• Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Troya

My practice is geared to the management of thyroid conditions and diabetes.We perform our own thyroid ultrasounds and render real-time interpretation of all our USs. For each of our biopsies we evaluate for adequacy and are readily able to perform gene expression analysis (molecular testing) if necessary. We are able to provide same day diagnosis of all of our thyroid biopsies. We see complex diabetics including highly insulin resistant, uncontrolled on multiple meds, and on insulin pumps.

Dr. Troya's Experience

Dr. Troya's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Diabetes Type 1
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia

Medical School | Graduated 2004
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2005
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009
  • American Institute Of Ultrasound Medicine (Aium) For Dedicated Thyroid and Parathyroid Ultrasonography
    Other Education | Completed 2012
  • Endocrine Certification In Neck Ultrasonography (Ecnu)
    Other Education | Completed 2011

Dr. Troya has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Troya does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Troya and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Troya's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Troya to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Troya's Performance
Tampa, FL |
Dr. Troya is a very kind doctor. He listens to my issues related to diabetes and hypertension and always gives me good advice. I recommend this doctor to any one in need of help with chronic diabetes.
in WESLEY CHAPEL |
As always, Dr. Troya in my opinion is extremely competent. Takes time to explain your blood tests to you so that you understand it. Friendly and not stand-offish. Very knowledgeble in so many areas that you feel you gained some insight into your condition with each visit. A perfect Doctor in my opinion. Always feel confident with our meetings. ,
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Doctor Pedro is knowledgeable and compassionate. He takes the time to get to know his patients and has excellent follow-up.
in Tampa, Fl |
I want to make it known that I have had the best experience with Dr. Troya and his office staff. I am in the medical field and appreciate the fact that he takes his time answering all of my questions and treats me like a human being. Thank you Dr. Troya for going above and beyond and the wonderful bedside manner. I recommend this office above anyone else!
zephyrhills, fl |
Excellent, caring physician, very responsive to his patients. Have been seeing him since he established his practice. Two of his office staff members have been with him since then. He has done wonders to improve my thyroid problems. He personally likes to scan my gland with his ultrasound machine and is very good answering my questions. Dr. Troya also devotes a great deal of his time to teaching residents and fellows at USF which is a noble cause.
in Tampa, FL |
If you want a Dr. who treats you based on lab ranges then he's a good Dr.. If you want a Dr. who treats you based on symptoms, as an individual and not just lab ranges then he's not for you. Also, if you want desicated thyroid medication or t3 medication for your thyroid you can forget about it. The book "Stop the Thyroid Madness" explains a lot and it's to bad these Dr.'s are keeping people feeling like crap. At least have an open mind to let someone try something that might make them feel good
Tampa, FL |
With 3x the normal amount of antibodies attacking ones thyroid. There should be some urgency in treatment. Not here!! First appointment He went to Dr Troya, take a cortisol test. Called his office to get results, a staff member called back to adv negative;I asked to confirm that he still had is 3/27 appt as he is not yet being treated, told yes. He goes to the office (he had to call as the bus cards have the wrong address in W. Chapel). Told he had no appointment till June! Office mgr useless!!
I visited Dr. Troya after my primary recommended him. He was a total waste of both my time and money. The only drug to treat hypothyroidism/Hashimoto's in his purview is levothyroxine under all it's various names, depending on manufacturer. Would not listen to a word I said about it not working for me and having fewer symptoms on Armour Thyroid. Lose the arrogant attitude and treat your patients the way you you would your family treated.
in Tampa, FL |
Nice Dr. and you do have to wait to see him which isn't bad because it means he spends time with patients, but he sure didn't with me. I wasn't even done discussing things and he was already opening and walking out the door instead of making sure I was satisfied and finished. I felt rushed. I guess he picks and chooses who he spends his time with instead of making sure the patient is done discussing concerns. I can't recommend.
Leesburg, FL |
Very thoughtful and considerate and concise. Great doctor.
in Tampa fl |
I can it recommend this Dr. I waited 90 minutes to finally see him. Then he seemed to do miss what symptoms I had and sent me on my way. Did not say will lets check out what could be causing this..just said Its not your thyroid. Thanks and good bye. Waste of my copay and pesious time.
in Plant City, FL |
Every time I go, it's a wonderful experience. He's the only doctor that was able to control my thyroid.
in Zephyrhills, FL |
I have been to dozen physicians, endocrinologist in the last 10 years + to help me with my hypothyroidism. They have put me on and off medications and unable to help me. In 2011 , I finally found Doctor Pedro Troya! A doctor who is very patient. Doctor Troya took his time to listen to me, advise me, and did not give up. My thyroid and rest of my hormones has been perfectly balanced! Thank you doctor Troya and his friendly staff.
in Land O Lakes, FL |
I became Type 1 diabetic in 2008 after having consumed under-cooked calamari. I was referred to another endocrinologist who was less than helpful. In 2009 I met with Dr. Troya for the first time and have been his patient since, seeing every quarter. Dr. Troya is highly intelligent and very experienced, especially so given his young age. He got me on an insulin pump and CGM and my diabetes is under very tight control. Dr. Troya is kind, gracious, and I would heartily recommend him to anyone.
Tampa, FL |
Dr Troya was very kind and really took time with me with explaining and making sure i felt comfortable leaving and understanding what to do. This doctor is by far the best doctor i have had. I could call whenever if i have questions and he answers me before the end of the day. HIs staff is extremely nice as well they make you feel like family. Im so happy i found him. Definitely recommend him without a doubt to everyone i know.
in Plant City, FL |
have been a patient of Dr. Troya since 2011, started with him when he was with Fla. Medical in Zephyrhills, fla. He started me on the Medtronic pump and he has been a big help in keeping my diabetes in line. He always has been very encouraging to me and my Wife. Find also the 2 girls in his office, have been very helpful to me , found to both being very friendly. My sugar readings have improved very much and they all have been very helpful with my diabetes. Ralph King
in Tampa, FL |
I like Dr. Troya, however he needs to spend more time with patients explaining things in detail. Needs to not automatically shoot down information that patients find. Most of the time he takes his notes silently instead of saying what he's doing or thinking, then gives you fast answers. The office does not have an emergency line to get in touch with the Dr. if needed. The office in Wesley Chapel recently re-located yet not a call or snail mail letters were sent out about it.
in Brandon, FL |
Where to begin... Dr. Troya is not for everyone, maybe he just wasn't a good match for me and my conditions but he has a not so kind personality and can be very short. He could not offer me much help but to suggest weight loss pills, which i have NEVER been recommended by ANY other doctor in my life. He raised my Synthroid so high sending me into hyperthyroid and now i am in the process of lowering it with my new dr that i love. Honestly i wasted too much time and money with this rude doctor.
If i could put a smaller star would. The office manager is rude, and does not know how to transfer paperwork and or give me my medical files or even loop in my primary. I realized was not a good fit, and or for 4 years have been wanting them to transfer my original medical files back to me and has not done so. As it was, felt like when in his care as an object. He had no bed side or ... Sucked. He wrote stuff down about me without talking with me about it, or explaining. Nightmare.
in Wesley Chapel, FL |
Dr. Troya is one of the finest Doctor's I know. If you need an Endocrinologist in Tampa, this doctor deserves your consideration. He was able to diagnose a rare condition that I had when countless other doctors couldn't over a three year period. His attention to detail allowed for the tumor to be removed before additional damage occurred.
Have you seen Dr. Pedro Troya, MD?
Are you Dr. Troya?