Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD

Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD

Cardiovascular & Pulmonary DiseasesMaleAge 51

Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD is a Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Disease Specialist in Leesburg, VA. He is affiliated with medical facilities Reston Hospital Center and Inova Loudoun Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Pooyan to book an appointment.

Pulmonary and Critical Care Associates 1

Pulmonary and Critical Care Associates 119455 Deerfield Ave Ste 206 Leesburg, VA 20176
Pulmonary and Critical Care Associates 11860 Town Center Dr Ste 270 Reston, VA 20190

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Pooyan is affiliated with Reston Hospital Center Reston, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

More Cardiology Specialists at Reston Hospital Center

Dr. Pooyan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Pooyan

Dr. Pooyan?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (33)
  • Explained conditions well (33)
  • Listened & answered questions (33)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (1)
Dr. Pooyan listens to my issues and in my opinion, is caring and very thorough. If he believes another doctor should evaluate he is happy to make a referral to ensure your concerns are met. Yesterday was my third visit for follow up I feel comfortable that everything that can be done is being done for my condition. Great Doctor!
Dave – May 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
Dr Pooyan is attentive and thorough. He is always prepared for my visits and develops successful plans of action for me.
Chris Sylvester – Dec 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
I took my husband to Dr. Pooyan for a lung function test and evaluation on in October, I found him to be attentive and personal in his approach to him. So far, so good. I'm looking forward to having my husband have a good doctor with him.
Mary Jane Spence – Nov 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
Dr. Pooyan & his critical care team literally saved my life. I will never forget him. After suffering a submassive saddle PE w/multiple B/L PEs I became hemodynamically unstable while on a heparin drip. Thanks to Dr. Pooyan’s quick thinking I was administered life saving TPA (clot buster) & survived an event that nearly 50% of people die from. 1,000 characters is not enough to talk about what a great doctor he is. He remained calm & professional. He is knowledgeable. He listened to me & acknowledged my questions & concerns. He made sure I was given correct follow up care in the ICU. More importantly you can tell that he really cares about people. We have stayed in contact & he has followed my care nearly 18 mos later from VA to NY any time I have concerns about my medications or health he’s willing to give me advice. I trust him implicitly, if I lived closer he would be my pulmonologist. I’m just blessed he was there on the scariest day of my life!
Elizabeth DiFrietus – Sep 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
I had developed a terrible cough after having Influenza-A in January. My chest hurt and when I would cough it was so painful that I had trouble standing. I had visited Urgent Care multiple times, 2 xrays, and 2 additional Dr Visits of which where of little help in solving the issue. I was referred to Dr. Pooyan and after an examination and a couple tests a CT scan was ordered, I was prescribed a nebulizer, and multple inhalers. I got a personal call two days later (Friday) from Dr. Pooyan asking how I was doing. Nice personal touch that is often NOT seen in today's medical profession. Then got another call from Dr. Pooyan the day after my CT scan. He had good and bad news for me. Good news, he found out what was causing the pain and that my lungs were clearing. Bad news was that I coughed so hard for so long that I had broken a rib. Dr Pooyan was great at following up personally and definitely cares about his clients well-being
Herndon, VA – Aug 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
I found the doctor to be rushed (I was in and out in under 10 minutes) and he didn't provide any new insights into causes of my symptoms. I was told to get a CT and follow up with the NP. Underwhelmed.
Great Falls, VA – Dec 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
I have been so very impressed with Dr. Pooyan. He has been so involved with my pulmonary disease and all I have to do is email him and he responds back and sometimes even calls me directly. What doctor does that nowadays? Very few. I am very thankful that I found him, and has an outstanding office staff to boot!
Abbie Haws in Frederick, MD – Dec 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
I am beyond impressed with Dr Pooyan. His demeanor and bed-side manner is calm, positive, thorough, attentive, flexible, and personal. If you are looking for a doctor whose medical knowledge is encyclopedic, treats the whole person, and takes the time to be caring and compassionate, then you should consider seeing Dr Pooyan. Dr. Pooyan has my total loyalty as a patient and will continue to do so!
Michele Austin in Potomac Falls, VA – Jun 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
I went to Dr Pooyan after trying another sleep study options. I was treated with warmth and kindness by the entire staff. Dr Pooyan sat with me patiently and explained every detail of sleep apnea and why it was necessary to do a study. He did not insist on doing things that were not necessary. After my sleep study, knowing that I was concerned, he had a member of his staff call me. When I met with Dr Pooyan, a few days later, he explained every detail to me and answered all of my questions.
Nancy H in Leesburg, Virginia – Jun 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
Dr. Pooyan is absolutely the best doctor I know of. I was referred to him upon discovery of a mass in my left lung. From the first time I meet Dr. P, till the major surgery and partial resection of my lung, took less than 3 weeks. Dr. P and his dedicated staff worked none stops to arrange all the necessary test, and appointments for me. Dr. P has an extraordinary bed manner. He goes above and beyond in taking care of his patient. I can't recommend Dr. P high enough. I feel blessed to have
Marziyah Shahbazi in Leesburg, VA – May 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
Dt Pooyan has been a tremendous help to my recovery from double pneumonia. He has helped me to recover from one of the most sickest times in my life. He is a very intelligent & gifted doctor. I am very grateful to him. His office staff are kind & helpful. They always greet you with a smile.
Terry in Sterling, VA – Apr 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
Dr. Pooyan is very attentive and spends as much time as needed to be very thorough. He truly cares about his patients. I highly recommend him.
sterling, va – Apr 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
listens to patient, provides good explanations and guidance, is proactive and positive, comes across as very professional, knowlegable and caring
Dale F. Gustin in herndon, va – Jan 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
I saw Dr. Pooyan for sleep apnea and I would highly recommend him. He arranged for me to have a sleep apnea study done and everything went very smoothly. He is very patient and took his time to explain everything about sleep apnea and made it very easy to understand. After the study was done, I went back in to see him and he went over the results with me and answered all my questions. I can tell he really cares about his patients. Am glad my allergist recommended him to me.
K. Wallace in Hamilton, VA – Nov 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
Ease of communication and responsiveness of both Dr. Pooyan and his staff. He has helped me improve my breathing immensely.
Jerold N. Dubit in Leesburg, Va – Oct 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
Dr. Pooyan has been exceptional. I am an elderly gentleman and given my age and my medical condition, doctor visits are a weekly routine for me. I regularly see a cardiologist, endocrinologist, general practitioner, etc. I can easily say that the care and the patience that Dr. Pooyan displays is second to none. He is very thorough in his approach. A very capable and competent physician and more importantly he is a genuine person that really cares about the well being of his patients.
Shah M. in sterling, va – Oct 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
Dr. Pooyan was excellent! He really has an amazing bedside manner. I was really nervous to go there to begin with but he made me feel so much better. He takes his time and really seems interested in getting all your information, very thorough.
Andrea in Ashburn, VA – Aug 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
I had an excellent experience. I highly recommend Dr. Pooyan!!!
Mark in Waterford, VA – Aug 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
Dr. Pooyan is very pleasant and takes time with you, not rushed at all. I am seeing him for sleep apnea and C-Pap use. He was very helpful discussing medications and interested in my overall health issues. He gives a very thorough physical exam and I recommend him highly to anyone seeking a sleep study, sleep apena management or for a pulmonary issue. He is the best Dr. I have seen in the last few years. I wish more primary Docs had his manner and skills.
Judith D. in Leesburg, VA – Jul 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Pooyan for anyone seeking sleep therapy. He has an excellent bedside manner and shows genuine interest in your care. He took time to explain all of the available options including the pros/cons of conducting on-site versus at-home sleep studies, as well as, which types of remedies best match my condition.
Pete B. in Herndon, VA – Jul 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Pooyan?

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check Dr. Pooyan's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Abdominal Pain
  • Acidosis
  • Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
  • Alkalosis
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Asthma
  • Bronchoprovocation Test
  • Bronchoscopy
  • Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Lung Neoplasms, Not Specified as Malignant
  • Lung Nodule
  • Mechanical Ventilation
  • Megacolon
  • Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
  • Mycobacterial Lung Infection
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Osteosarcoma
  • Oximetry
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pelvic Abscess
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Pneumonia
  • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
  • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
  • Thoracentesis
  • Ulcerative Colitis
  • Ventral Hernia
  • Wheezing

Dr. Pooyan accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Pooyan has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(571) 470-8144Find providers who accept this insurance

Our board-certified physicians are fully committed to the compassionate care of our patients judiciously utilizing diagnostic tests and pharmacologic therapies.

Telehealth Visits are available Dr. Pooyan attended medical school at Zanjan University of Medical Sciences in Iran. He finished an internal medicine...Read more

• Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Diseases