Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD

Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD

Pulmonary Disease  ·

Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD is a pulmonologist in Leesburg, VA and has been practicing for 16 years. He specializes in pulmonary disease, critical care medicine, and more.

Pulmonary and Critical Care Associates 1

19455 Deerfield Ave Ste 206

Leesburg, VA 20176

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check Dr. Pooyan's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Acidosis
  • Acute Bronchitis
  • Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
  • Alkalosis
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Asthma
  • Breath Testing
  • Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchiolitis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchoprovocation Test
  • Bronchoscopy
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Lung Cancer
  • Lung Nodule
  • Mechanical Ventilation
  • Metastatic Respiratory System Cancer
  • Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
  • Mycobacterial Lung Infection
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Oximetry
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Pneumonia
  • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
  • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Pooyan

Dr. Pooyan?
Dr. Pooyan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD
I found the doctor to be rushed (I was in and out in under 10 minutes) and he didn't provide any new insights into causes of my symptoms. I was told to get a CT and follow up with the NP. Underwhelmed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
I have been so very impressed with Dr. Pooyan. He has been so involved with my pulmonary disease and all I have to do is email him and he responds back and sometimes even calls me directly. What doctor does that nowadays? Very few. I am very thankful that I found him, and has an outstanding office staff to boot!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
I am beyond impressed with Dr Pooyan. His demeanor and bed-side manner is calm, positive, thorough, attentive, flexible, and personal. If you are looking for a doctor whose medical knowledge is encyclopedic, treats the whole person, and takes the time to be caring and compassionate, then you should consider seeing Dr Pooyan. Dr. Pooyan has my total loyalty as a patient and will continue to do so!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
I went to Dr Pooyan after trying another sleep study options. I was treated with warmth and kindness by the entire staff. Dr Pooyan sat with me patiently and explained every detail of sleep apnea and why it was necessary to do a study. He did not insist on doing things that were not necessary. After my sleep study, knowing that I was concerned, he had a member of his staff call me. When I met with Dr Pooyan, a few days later, he explained every detail to me and answered all of my questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
Dr. Pooyan is absolutely the best doctor I know of. I was referred to him upon discovery of a mass in my left lung. From the first time I meet Dr. P, till the major surgery and partial resection of my lung, took less than 3 weeks. Dr. P and his dedicated staff worked none stops to arrange all the necessary test, and appointments for me. Dr. P has an extraordinary bed manner. He goes above and beyond in taking care of his patient. I can't recommend Dr. P high enough. I feel blessed to have
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
Dt Pooyan has been a tremendous help to my recovery from double pneumonia. He has helped me to recover from one of the most sickest times in my life. He is a very intelligent & gifted doctor. I am very grateful to him. His office staff are kind & helpful. They always greet you with a smile.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
Dr. Pooyan is very attentive and spends as much time as needed to be very thorough. He truly cares about his patients. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
listens to patient, provides good explanations and guidance, is proactive and positive, comes across as very professional, knowlegable and caring
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
I saw Dr. Pooyan for sleep apnea and I would highly recommend him. He arranged for me to have a sleep apnea study done and everything went very smoothly. He is very patient and took his time to explain everything about sleep apnea and made it very easy to understand. After the study was done, I went back in to see him and he went over the results with me and answered all my questions. I can tell he really cares about his patients. Am glad my allergist recommended him to me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
Ease of communication and responsiveness of both Dr. Pooyan and his staff. He has helped me improve my breathing immensely.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
Dr. Pooyan has been exceptional. I am an elderly gentleman and given my age and my medical condition, doctor visits are a weekly routine for me. I regularly see a cardiologist, endocrinologist, general practitioner, etc. I can easily say that the care and the patience that Dr. Pooyan displays is second to none. He is very thorough in his approach. A very capable and competent physician and more importantly he is a genuine person that really cares about the well being of his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
Dr. Pooyan was excellent! He really has an amazing bedside manner. I was really nervous to go there to begin with but he made me feel so much better. He takes his time and really seems interested in getting all your information, very thorough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
I had an excellent experience. I highly recommend Dr. Pooyan!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
Dr. Pooyan is very pleasant and takes time with you, not rushed at all. I am seeing him for sleep apnea and C-Pap use. He was very helpful discussing medications and interested in my overall health issues. He gives a very thorough physical exam and I recommend him highly to anyone seeking a sleep study, sleep apena management or for a pulmonary issue. He is the best Dr. I have seen in the last few years. I wish more primary Docs had his manner and skills.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Pooyan for anyone seeking sleep therapy. He has an excellent bedside manner and shows genuine interest in your care. He took time to explain all of the available options including the pros/cons of conducting on-site versus at-home sleep studies, as well as, which types of remedies best match my condition.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
Dr. Pooyan and staff provided me with excellent service and make me feel that they have my ultimate care in mind.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
Dr. Pooyan is very helpful, kind, doesn't rush you, willing to answer any questions. I've already recommended him to my mom!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Pooyan to check up on a spot in my lung. He was very knowledgeable and reassuring both times I saw him. He was interested in learning about the bigger picture of my health and the results of other recent tests I had completed. He deserves the high rating that is on this site. The office staff was easy to work with and followed-up quickly when it came to scheduling a CT scan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
Dr. Pooyan is a very caring, trustworthy doctor. He is very knowledgeable,and he takes the time to ensure you understand your specific health diagnosis. He clearly and concisely answers all of your questions, and he wants to be sure you leave his office with all of your questions answered. Dr Pooyan goes beyond what you would expect and has tremendous compassion for his patients and their families. I would highly recommend him for your Pulmonary needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Pooyan, MD?
My experience with Dr. Pooyan was exceptional. His staff from setting appointments, managing insurance, check in, etc. went above and beyond to make my experience perfect. Dr. Pooyan himself is very professional, genuine and made me feel at ease during every appointment. I am glad I sought out a new Sleep Dr. from my previous one.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Pooyan?

Insurance accepted

Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Pooyan treats patients.

Compare Providers