Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD

Dr. Moazzaz
Telehealth services available

Orthopedic Specs Of North County

3905 Waring Rd Oceanside, CA 92056

Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Oceanside, CA. He is affiliated with medical facilities Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas and Tri-City Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Moazzaz to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Moazzaz with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Palomar Health.

Make an appointment at Palomar Health today at (858) 480-6126.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Palomar Health.

Dr. Moazzaz's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Moazzaz

Dr. Moazzaz?
  • Explained conditions well (44)
  • Listened & answered questions (44)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (44)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (4)
  • Office environment (4)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (4)
I always get second opinions if there is a possibility of surgery. Dr. Moazzaz was the most compassionate and considerate in dealing with my ultimate infusion of my lumbar spine. I liked that he was not too quick to suggest surgery. He had me try other therapeutic remedies. When it became apparent that surgery was my only resolution, he was very professional and the outcome was better than I could ask for. He and his staff gave me my life back. After seeing my successful process and recovery with Dr. Moazzaz, my wife who was anti-surgery (because of a prior surgery from 20 yrs ago) for an ongoing neck pain decided to consult with Dr. Moazzaz. Which ultimately resulted in him resolving her issue and noting why the previous surgery resulted in so much pain for her over the years. She is back to functioning normally again and our days don't revolve around pain and suffering anymore. I have whole-heartedly recommended Dr. Moazzaz to other family and friends who have orthopedic issues.
Rick in Oceanside – Feb 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Dr. Moazzaz and staff are over the top amazing! I needed a surgery to place a spacer in my spine to relieve severe sciatica caused by a collapsed disc. Dr. Moazzaz was approachable, professional, efficient, and so patient with me and all my questions. He explained everything in a relaxed, non hurried way. My surgery was a complete success. I am so pleased! I really had no pain and was up walking immediately. He really made me feel like he cared. If you need surgery, just do it. I have total trust in Dr. Moazzaz and would highly recommend him!
Nov 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Dr. Moazzaz removed bone spurs and performed 100% successful spinal fusion on my neck. He is very skilled, compassionate, and patient, giving you time to ask questions. I am grateful to have been recommended this exceptional surgeon.
Oct 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
???????????????????? I give him 10 he is amazing, and perfectionist in his performance. Prior to my surgery on Aug 21, 2020, was in excruciating pain for several months. Will be 82yrs in Nov. He explained everything that needed to be done, and is also very caring as well as very professional, and knowledgeable. 2 days after surgery, pain was gone. He is the best of the best, Raymond Mora.
Raymond Mora – Sep 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Dr. Moazzaz is an absolute wizard. I was at a point of not being able to walk without assistance. He performed fusion surgery on my Lumbar spine area, L2 to L3 and L4 to L5. I was up and walking the same day and home in 3 days. My surgery was a complete success. I am able to function very well considering my age, 78, and I am still able to play senior softball. Unfortunately, his skills were able to heal me, but not improve my softball skills. A fair trade off I believe. Not only is Dr Moazzaz a great surgeon, he is a wonderful man to meet and talk with. He also has an awesome staff, led by Leah, which is always ready to assist you.
Joe R – Aug 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Dr. Payam Moazzaz, performed critical surgery April 15th on my cervical spine. I am almost 82 years old. He was very professional and explained everything in detail about the surgery process. I was getting numbness in both hands and the left arm became very weak. During a CAT scan he found a protrusion growing into the spine around the C-3 area. Dr. Moazzaz preformed the surgery through the front of my neck. Today the neck brace was removed and I am my normal self again with absolutely no problems and full use of my neck. I would personally recommend Dr. Moazzaz to anyone without hesitation. He is number one in my book. They just don't come any better. His staff were very accessible and professional. Thank You very much for your services, Dr. Moazzaz
Ron Holbrook – May 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Absolutely the Best Back Surgeon in North County! I can not say enough great things about Dr. Moazzaz! Right down to everyone on his staff to the medical team that leads the pre-op required seminars at Tri City Medical Center. I went into my lower back surgery knowing all aspects from my post-op recovery time to expectations a few weeks out. Dr. Moazzaz put in two disc spacers in the L4-5 and S-1 disc spaces using robotic technology. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner! Thank you Dr. Moazzaz and your staff for you awesome care! You have me and my family as patients for as long as you are practicing!
Tracy Rossello – Mar 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
I'm a 57 year old male. Had spinal fusion done on L4-L5-S1 through ALIF procedure. Stop your spinal surgeon search here. Best surgeon ever! I started walking the next day
Tim Mullins – Oct 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
When I came to Dr. Moazzaz I was desperate for some relief. After so many years of chronic pain I didn't believe there was any chance for me to ever have any quality of life again. Dr. M changed my mind.
Karen Whalen – Sep 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
He is amazing, the pain in my legs is gone, the pain from the surgery was gone in two weeks no need for pain meds whatsoever, totally unbelievable, I am so happy
Rosa Garcia – Aug 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Highly recommend Dr. Moazzaz and his team. Collectively, they are very professional, accessible, knowledgeable and seem to genuinely care about my health, well being and recovery. He performed a spinal fusion and a laminectomy on me and I was walking - pain free - the same day as the surgery. I'm not sure of all his magic, but he successfully eliminated all back and leg pain that I had. I could not be happier or more grateful.
Brian in Carlsbad, CA – Jun 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
It is my pleasure to recommend Dr. Moazzaz. He performed cervical spine surgery due to a pinched nerve in my C3-C4 on May 6, 2019. I had been enduring severe pain for several months. Upon waking from the surgery, the pain was gone. It has been 7 weeks since the surgery and I am healing and have no pain. Dr. Moazzaz is a brilliant spine surgeon. He always took time to answer my questions, both pre- and post-op. Dr. Moazzaz is professional and very sincere. Each time I was in his office, he was always friendly, greeted me with a smile and a handshake, and said it was nice to see me. His staff is wonderful and helpful. I sincerely thank Dr. Moazzaz and his staff for their excellent care. I highly recommend Dr. Moazzaz if you need spinal surgery. He is the best!
Sheryl K. in Oceanside, CA – Jun 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Dr. Moazzaz is an outstanding physician in every way and I recommend him highly. After having undergone two separate spinal fusion surgeries - C4-C7 in 2019 and L4-S1 in 2015, I can speak from experience that he is an excellent spinal surgeon and I have complete confidence in his judgement, knowledge and expertise. Dr. Moazzaz truly cares about supporting his patients and he sincerely strives to offer the best possible experience, both pre- and post- surgery. His calm and relaxed demeanor also helps a lot when discussing treatment options, risks, etc. I trust Dr. Moazzaz to do the right thing and I would want anyone in my family to choose him if they needed spinal surgery. He's the best.
Jonnie Schmidt in Carlsbad, CA – Jun 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Dr Moazzaz completed cervical spine surgery to relieve pressure on my spinal nerves. This was done to halt a progressive loss of upper body functionality. It has been 6 weeks since the surgery and I am regaining much of what was lost. The whole process was conducted in a professional manner and Dr. Moazzaz clearly explained what the issues were and what the corrective surgery would entail.
Jun 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Dr. Moazzaz is a wonderful surgeon, and he performed a spine fusion for my L4 and L5 last year. My spine is now in great shape, and I highly recommend him to anyone suffering from back pain relating to spine issues. He's the best!
Susan Fredricks in San Diego – Jun 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Dr. Moazzaz performed a four level anterior cervical discectomy and fusion to correct the dangerous condition of collapsed discs, bone spurs and resulting extreme spinal stenosis I was experiencing in my 76th year. He did a great job treating this and I now have a newly restructured neck all bolted together with a titanium grid and bolts! The rehab process has been longer and more complex than I expected, but well worth the effort. Thanks to Dr. Moazzaz and his extremely helpful staff for making this major surgery go as smoothly as possible.
Apr 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
I was suffering from severe neck pain after being rear-ended by a freight truck doing 60 mph. I received little or no relief from pain management treatment. When I visited Dr. Moazzaz, he provided me with a very comprehensive explanation of what was happening to my cervical spine while he showed MRIs, and X-rays. His recommendation for spinal surgery was so clearly and visually supported I could see how important it was to intervene before my condition resulted in progressive nerve damage and
Apr 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Dr. Moazzaz changed my life...from not being able to walk half a block to get my mail....to just finishing 8689 steps at day 18 post-op! I just wonder how he feels being an answer to numerous prayers...3 level ALIF performed with an incredible team of Doctors, Techs, Nurses..and a robot of course! If you have had enough, and are willing to follow directions, and get past your fears of the surgery needed...Get Dr. Moazzaz to give you a diagnosis and course of treatment..you owe that to yourself..
M. Bruce Pine in San Marcos, CA – Nov 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Dr Moazzaz is the finest spine surgeon I’ve ever met. Very patient friendly. I was brought in to the hospital on a gurney and able to walk. After replacing two discs in my back, I was walking the hallways the next day. I highly recommend Dr Payam Moazzaz
Berny Osendorf in Oceanside , CA – Oct 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Dr Moazzaz is a magician. He performed a spinal surgery on my wife. She walked out of the hospital two days later.
May 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Moazzaz?