Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD

Dr. Moazzaz
Telehealth services available

Orthopedic Specs Of North County

3905 Waring Rd Oceanside, CA 92056

Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Oceanside, CA. Dr. Moazzaz has more experience with Spine than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas and Tri - City Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Moazzaz to book an appointment.

Dr. Moazzaz's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Moazzaz

4.25531914893617%

Dr. Moazzaz?
What People Say About Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD
Dr. Payam Moazzaz, performed critical surgery April 15th on my cervical spine. I am almost 82 years old. He was very professional and explained everything in detail about the surgery process. I was getting numbness in both hands and the left arm became very weak. During a CAT scan he found a protrusion growing into the spine around the C-3 area. Dr. Moazzaz preformed the surgery through the front of my neck. Today the neck brace was removed and I am my normal self again with absolutely no problems and full use of my neck. I would personally recommend Dr. Moazzaz to anyone without hesitation. He is number one in my book. They just don't come any better. His staff were very accessible and professional. Thank You very much for your services, Dr. Moazzaz
Ron Holbrook – May 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Absolutely the Best Back Surgeon in North County! I can not say enough great things about Dr. Moazzaz! Right down to everyone on his staff to the medical team that leads the pre-op required seminars at Tri City Medical Center. I went into my lower back surgery knowing all aspects from my post-op recovery time to expectations a few weeks out. Dr. Moazzaz put in two disc spacers in the L4-5 and S-1 disc spaces using robotic technology. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner! Thank you Dr. Moazzaz and your staff for you awesome care! You have me and my family as patients for as long as you are practicing!
Tracy Rossello – Mar 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
I'm a 57 year old male. Had spinal fusion done on L4-L5-S1 through ALIF procedure. Stop your spinal surgeon search here. Best surgeon ever! I started walking the next day
Tim Mullins – Oct 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
When I came to Dr. Moazzaz I was desperate for some relief. After so many years of chronic pain I didn't believe there was any chance for me to ever have any quality of life again. Dr. M changed my mind.
Karen Whalen – Sep 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
He is amazing, the pain in my legs is gone, the pain from the surgery was gone in two weeks no need for pain meds whatsoever, totally unbelievable, I am so happy
Rosa Garcia – Aug 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Highly recommend Dr. Moazzaz and his team. Collectively, they are very professional, accessible, knowledgeable and seem to genuinely care about my health, well being and recovery. He performed a spinal fusion and a laminectomy on me and I was walking - pain free - the same day as the surgery. I'm not sure of all his magic, but he successfully eliminated all back and leg pain that I had. I could not be happier or more grateful.
Brian in Carlsbad, CA – Jun 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
It is my pleasure to recommend Dr. Moazzaz. He performed cervical spine surgery due to a pinched nerve in my C3-C4 on May 6, 2019. I had been enduring severe pain for several months. Upon waking from the surgery, the pain was gone. It has been 7 weeks since the surgery and I am healing and have no pain. Dr. Moazzaz is a brilliant spine surgeon. He always took time to answer my questions, both pre- and post-op. Dr. Moazzaz is professional and very sincere. Each time I was in his office, he was always friendly, greeted me with a smile and a handshake, and said it was nice to see me. His staff is wonderful and helpful. I sincerely thank Dr. Moazzaz and his staff for their excellent care. I highly recommend Dr. Moazzaz if you need spinal surgery. He is the best!
Sheryl K. in Oceanside, CA – Jun 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Dr. Moazzaz is an outstanding physician in every way and I recommend him highly. After having undergone two separate spinal fusion surgeries - C4-C7 in 2019 and L4-S1 in 2015, I can speak from experience that he is an excellent spinal surgeon and I have complete confidence in his judgement, knowledge and expertise. Dr. Moazzaz truly cares about supporting his patients and he sincerely strives to offer the best possible experience, both pre- and post- surgery. His calm and relaxed demeanor also helps a lot when discussing treatment options, risks, etc. I trust Dr. Moazzaz to do the right thing and I would want anyone in my family to choose him if they needed spinal surgery. He's the best.
Jonnie Schmidt in Carlsbad, CA – Jun 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Dr Moazzaz completed cervical spine surgery to relieve pressure on my spinal nerves. This was done to halt a progressive loss of upper body functionality. It has been 6 weeks since the surgery and I am regaining much of what was lost. The whole process was conducted in a professional manner and Dr. Moazzaz clearly explained what the issues were and what the corrective surgery would entail.
Jun 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Dr. Moazzaz is a wonderful surgeon, and he performed a spine fusion for my L4 and L5 last year. My spine is now in great shape, and I highly recommend him to anyone suffering from back pain relating to spine issues. He's the best!
Susan Fredricks in San Diego – Jun 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Dr. Moazzaz performed a four level anterior cervical discectomy and fusion to correct the dangerous condition of collapsed discs, bone spurs and resulting extreme spinal stenosis I was experiencing in my 76th year. He did a great job treating this and I now have a newly restructured neck all bolted together with a titanium grid and bolts! The rehab process has been longer and more complex than I expected, but well worth the effort. Thanks to Dr. Moazzaz and his extremely helpful staff for making this major surgery go as smoothly as possible.
Apr 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
I was suffering from severe neck pain after being rear-ended by a freight truck doing 60 mph. I received little or no relief from pain management treatment. When I visited Dr. Moazzaz, he provided me with a very comprehensive explanation of what was happening to my cervical spine while he showed MRIs, and X-rays. His recommendation for spinal surgery was so clearly and visually supported I could see how important it was to intervene before my condition resulted in progressive nerve damage and
Apr 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Dr. Moazzaz changed my life...from not being able to walk half a block to get my mail....to just finishing 8689 steps at day 18 post-op! I just wonder how he feels being an answer to numerous prayers...3 level ALIF performed with an incredible team of Doctors, Techs, Nurses..and a robot of course! If you have had enough, and are willing to follow directions, and get past your fears of the surgery needed...Get Dr. Moazzaz to give you a diagnosis and course of treatment..you owe that to yourself..
M. Bruce Pine in San Marcos, CA – Nov 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Dr Moazzaz is the finest spine surgeon I’ve ever met. Very patient friendly. I was brought in to the hospital on a gurney and able to walk. After replacing two discs in my back, I was walking the hallways the next day. I highly recommend Dr Payam Moazzaz
Berny Osendorf in Oceanside , CA – Oct 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Dr Moazzaz is a magician. He performed a spinal surgery on my wife. She walked out of the hospital two days later.
May 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Dr. Moazzaz was amazing. He got right to the issue after my ex-rays were taken by Kraig; :) very humorous guy, but I felt less nervous about the exam. Gotta have some humor. Dr. Moazzaz also recommend me to Dr. Patel and pain doctor who is VERY kind and nearly pain free cortisone injections. You won't go wrong with both of these kind hearted and knowledgeable men
Yvonne in Oceanside – Apr 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
This surgeon has skills and a demeanor above and beyond the call of duty. Sure wish we had found him years ago for my mother's first procedures. He is. highly recommended !!!! Thank you Dr. M and staff!
DRC – Mar 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
C3 through C5 herniation. Discectomy/fusion. Pain level: 9-10. Time of diagnosis (12/07/17) to surgery (12/22/17) was expeditious due to persistence of his office calling insurance daily for preauthorization. Surgery went perfect. His assistant, Erica, was outstanding in all ways. Communication with Dr. Moazzaz was exceptional, even answering text questions in rapid fashion (even during the holidays!). Exemplary medical care.
Mike in Carlsbad – Jan 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
I was suffering from neck pain for years. I tried physical therapy. I took two shots of edpidural injections. None of that helped. Dr. Moazzaz explained my problems to me clearly, he answered my questions fully, and he addressed all of my concerns patiently. The surgery was performed for L4 to L6, & it was a success ! Dr. Moazzaz is more than a great doctor. He is a caring, kind, & gentle person, that shines through his work. The nurse is always courteous, I couldn't ask for a better team.
Hilda L. in San Marcos, CA – Jul 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?
Neck broke, spinal cord and nerves compression, damaged disks, and sciatica pain was my companion 24/7, I was a mess. Several surgical procedures, some robotic at Tri City Medical, I have a renewed outlook on living. My wife and I now looking forward to retirement where we plan on travel, riding bikes, hiking, zip lining, etc. Dr. Moazzaz is truly passionate about his profession, exceptionally skilled and a very caring physician, I would not hesitate recommending to family and friends. Rich W.
Richard W. in San Marcos, CA – Jun 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Payam Moazzaz, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Moazzaz?