Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Pavlina Suchanova, MD
Dr. Pavlina Suchanova was born in the Czech Republic, a proud daughter of a classical pianist mother and a civic engineer father. Following in her mother's footsteps, she initially studied classical piano but she always wanted to pursue medicine. Facing limited educational opportunities in her country, she immigrated into the United States as a teenager, learned English and was accepted at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan, where she earned a BA in anthropology and art history. She enthusiastically continued in her studies at the University of Michigan Medical School where she also received several commendations for communication skills, bedside manner and The Art of Medicine Award. During her medical school years, Dr. Suchanova was a very active member of her community and created an anti-smoking campaign for high school students, art therapy projects for hospitalized children, and also helped to organize two medical missions to India and Cuba. She has completed her residency in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston and proudly received the Otolaryngology Resident Teaching Award during her training. She is very excited to share her training, skills and enthusiasm with her patients and colleagues at the Houston ENT & Allergy practice. Dr. Suchanova loves to stay active with swimming and weight lifting, enjoys cooking ethnic cuisines of the world, volunteering in her community and exploring Houston's rich art and music scene. She is fluent in English, Czech, Slovak and conversational in Spanish.

Sugar Land Office

16545 Southwest Fwy Ste 100

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Suchanova

Dr. Pavlina Suchanova believes that being a successful physician is a calling, not just a profession. She is a strong communicator and easily connects with both children and adults of all ages, aiming to treat the entire family.  Her excellent training and drive for continued learning enables her to treat her patients with the latest techniques and treatment protocols available. She also enjoys being an educator and her patients benefit from her detailed explanations of the clinical problems and treatment options.

Dr. Suchanova's Experience

Dr. Suchanova's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Board certified in Otorhinolaryngology

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Otorhinolaryngology
    Accredited by: American Board of Physician Specialties*

• Allergic Reaction
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Chronic Ear Infections (Pediatric)
  • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Vertigo

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Parathyroid Surgery

• Baylor College Of Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Baylor College Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Suchanova has no media or publications listed.

• Czech
  • Slovak

Dr. Suchanova does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Suchanova and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Suchanova's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Suchanova to family and friends
Dr. Suchanova's Performance
in Missouri City, TX |
Dr. Suchanova performed beautifully. She walked me through and helped me understand what to expect. She was over the top friendly and explained the process in a way that was not intimidating to someone about to go under the knife. Before the surgery, I read horror stories about the recovery process. I'll tell you being on the back end of my recovery process, it was nothing in comparison. Not invasive and not complicated. I have never...NEVER been able to breathe like this before.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Suchanova is very cheerful. she made me feel confident that my problem has a resolution. The plan of care is clear and I know the next steps to my care.
in Richmond, TX |
Great bedside manner! Very pleasant and explains everything so you can understand! I would definitely recommend her to any age patient.
Humble, Tx |
Dealt with sinus infections for years, she took the time to listen and evaluate my condition. Had surgery in April and cant be more please with the results !!!!!!
Houston, TX |
This was my first visit with Dr. Suchanova, and it was wonderful, from her warm smile to the 1.1 information given to understand MY situation. I made the right choice in selecting Dr. Suchanova for my long-term health provider.
in Richmond, TX |
Very friendly and informative.
Austin, TX |
Excellent diagnosis, great treatment plan.
in Missouri City, TX |
Very thorough and professional. My first office visit. Would highly recommend.
in Katy, TX |
I was lucky to find the best doctor! So prefessional, so energetic, so kind. I had a nose surgery with her because I couldn't breath properly and I am extremely happy with the results. The doctor and her team were beyond my expectations! Thank you Dr. Suchanova!
Houston, TX |
Dr. Suchanova has helped me SO MUCH and really improved my quality of life! I had been having trouble breathing through one nostril for years but I always felt it was bearable enough. Things started to get worse, so I went to Dr. Suchanova for help. It took just a few minutes to find out all the things that needed fixed. Surgery to correct my badly deviated septum was smooth and a week after a painless recovery I can breath better than I ever imagined being possible! Thank you Dr. Suchanova!
in Sugar Land, TX |
Dr. Pavlina Suchanova is very professional and caring. This was my first time seeing her and she treated me like I was one of her regulars. Also gave me great comfort and answers. Thank you.
College Station, TX |
She is so informative about what she is doing and why she thinks it is the best route!! Highly recommend her!
in Sugar Land, TX |
Dr. Suchanova works what seems like miracles but in reality is a skilled hand, the most advanced procedures, and a caring heart. I would whole heartedly recommend her to anyone.
in Katy, TX |
I was astonished with Dr Suchanova’s quick findings about what needed to be done. She reassured me she could fix all of those issues with surgery. Septoplasty, Ethmoidectomy, repair of vestibular stenosis and another procedure I don’t know how to describe were all performed in a 1-2 hour procedure. There was no big pain after surgery and the first night was the only hard one for sleeping as I was concerned about hurting myself, but after that the improvement has been continuous.
in Houston TX |
She is the best ENT doctors out there. She is excellent in diagnosing the problems, very patient in listening and the remediations suggested are simply amazing. I have been suffering with post nasal drip, sinus pain and she ran couple of quick tests and came up with an action plan immediately.
in Houston |
I had 5 nose surgeries and none helped until I met Dr. Suchanova, she discovered that the previous surgeon only trimmed the frontal part of my turbinates and that I needed the back part too in order to breath. She did what other 5 ENTs couldn’t and I can breath amazingly. I wanted to share my whole story and wrote more than a page, but they only allows so many characters. Thank you Dr. Suchanova for helping me breath!
in Richmond, TX |
Dr. Suchanova has been a God send! After dealing with constant and persistent sinus infections for decades, and other doctors just throwing antibiotics at it, Dr. Suchanova actually looked at my condition and found the source. Turned out my septum was extremely deviated and was the source of my infections. Dr. Sachinova fixed me right up and I can now say I breathe better than I ever have!
in Sugar Land, TX |
I had been congested for two years before I was recommended to Dr. Suchanova. She was able to fix the congestion and I can breathe again, she is amazing and I would definitely recommend anyone who is having serious nasal issues go see her.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Suchanova is the best. I had gone to several ENT's before and nobody could help me or even listen to me. She took the time to listen to me, do a deep analysis and found-out I had a deviated septum along with some other sinus issues thanks to the in-house CT scan. I am recovering well after surgery with some minor bleeding (which is to be expected).
in Spring, TX |
You can believe everything that you read about Dr. Suchinova! She is the BOMB! For all of you sinusitis sufferers out there whom have been chasing your tail for years, trying to find a way out of the sinus hell that you have been in, SHE’S THE ONE! This doctor really does know her stuff! The Surgery was a breeze and the recovery was a cakewalk. Very short and very little bleeding. I hope that all of you will have the same great experience that I had!
in Houston, TX |
I had surgery 2 weeks ago to repair a deviated septum, enlarged turbinates, blocked sinuses behind my eye, and nasal valve collapse. I had been to about 7 ent's over the years trying to get help for my troubled breathing and frequent sinus problems on one side. The previous doctors only gave me antihistamines and prescribed a CPAP machine. Dr. Suchanova actually listened to me and found the problems. She is very kind, thorough, and I trust her. I am finally breathing out of both nostrils!
in Katy, TX |
My son (14 y.o.) wasn't able to breath thru his nose for 5 years. In the past, we visited several ENTs and no one was able to diagnose him properly. Dr.Suchanova diagnosed him at the first consultation (severely deviated septum, sinus infection, polyps, adenoids). Later she brilliantly performed a complected surgery . The recovery was virtually pain free, with no side effects. She is knowledgeable, patient, and has a great personality. My son is healthy now! Highly recommend Dr. Suchanova !!!
Houston, TX |
My experience was better than I could ever have imagined! I can breathe so much easier, and my allergies are finally under control! Even recovery was easy! Thank you so much, Dr. Suchanova! -more like Suchabadass!
in Sugar Land |
ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL! It was discovered after visiting with Dr. Suchanova that i had a badly deviated septum(left side). Upon meeting her for the first time she made me feel comfortable, she's very kind, caring, knowledgeable and has a bright personality- she's happy to do what she does! After having surgery, i can breathe, sleep deeply/dream again, and live life again. Her surgical technique leaves you w/ less pain recovering. If you have sinus problems this is YOUR doctor. Look no further.
in Katy, TX |
Brilliant Doctor who really cares and knows what she is doing! Her staff is friendly and helpful, and goes beyond the extra mile.
Houston, TX |
Exceptional, Listener and caring Professional Doctor !!!! I cant thank her enough for giving us our quality of life back----Priceless!!!. My husband and I had surgeries one week apart. I was diagnosed with infected Nasal polyp in Maxillary sinus and inflamed sinus cavities. My husband was diagnosed with broken nose ( deviated septum surgery) and infected sinuses. Dr. Suchanova used advanced technologies to aid in our diagnoses, surgeries and treatment. She is an Awesome and Caring Doctor.
Houston, TX |
I would highly recommend Dr. Suchanova. She is not only an exceptional surgeon but caring and positive! She is just what I needed. Her enthusiasm for making people feel better is refreshing. I have struggled with sinus and allergies for years. Dr. Suchanova corrected my deviated septum and I had the balloon sinuplasty. The surgery went great! I consider myself to have a low pain tolerance and I didn't have to take any pain medicine after the surgery.
Secaucus, NJ |
I completely agree with all below comments/reviews! Best Dr. I've probably ever seen. She is great at what she does and takes great pride in it. My sinus surgery and deviated septum correction went perfect. Recovery - very painless, I was back to work after resting for 3 days (Friday - Sunday). I am 2 weeks post surgery & feel so much better, I anticipate being 100% within another week or 2. Surgery well worth it & Dr. Suchanova performing it - Priceless! I feel blessed to have found her.
in Houston, TX |
Without a doubt best doc EVER!!! When she's with you she takes her time to explain and answer your questions and concerns. She's outgoing and genuine. She cares about her patients and clearly her profession. Too bad she's just ENT.... I'd go to her for everything!!!!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Suchanova is an excellent doctor. She did my sinus surgery and it helped SO much!! My daughter also went to her and loved her. She has high anxiety and Dr. Suchanova is so patient and explained everything to her making her feel totally at ease!! She had a deviated septum that was horrible and had her adenoids out. Piece of cake!! We would both highly recommend her to family and friends!!! ????????
in Katy, TX |
Dr. Suchanova is the only ENT specialist in Houston that does the procedure that she does. Other people that have had sinus surgery were in pain for about a week but the procedure that Suchanova does, 1 day of pain. She is meticulous, takes pride in what she does, and aims for nothing less than perfection. My surgery went great. The follow up appointment, the straws (not visible) come out and it is a new world from there. I cannot express in words how great you will feel after that appointment.
in Houston, TX |
Dr Suchanova is nothing short of excellent. She is extremely knowledgeable, helpful and an expert of her field. She has some of the best bedside manner I have seen in a Dr. I had horrible sinus issues, very crooked septum and turns out a lot of environmental allergies. Had surgery about 2 weeks ago - truly life changing (and that is saying a lot since I am still recovering)...I had no idea how poorly I was breathing prior to surgery. Pain with surgery was very minimal - just hard on energy.
in Katy, TX |
I Have always received excellent care. Dr. Suchanova and her staff are wonderful in providing excellent quality care as well as through explanation and knowledge of procedures. It's like visiting with friends ;)
in Bridge City, TX |
Dr. Suchanova came highly recommended. From my first visit, my care was beyond expectations. Her sinus surgery techniques are innovative and my experience was almost completely pain-free. After seeing several ENTs before her, I would say that she is head and shoulders above them. I would not hesitate for a moment to refer my family and friends to Dr. Suchanova.
in Houston, TX |
I met first time Dr. Suchanova in May 2016. I selected her due multiple positive referenced I found online. At that time I had headaches due a sinusitis and old nose issues. At first visit I realized I met an extremely knowledgeable doctor. She was able to find the underlying issue to my sinus problems and successfully revise my sinus surgery with very minimal pain and no complications. No doubt, she is an amazing doctor and person and I would highly recommend her to everyone I know.
in Katy, TX |
I found Dr Suchanova online and decided to try her after reading so many great reviews. I'm 28, with very bad allergies and my sinuses were ridiculously inflamed when I came to her. I had balloon sinuplasty and septoplasty performed by Dr Suchanova and could not be happier with the results. For the first time that I can remember, I am able to take deep, unrestricted breathes through both nostrils. She is an amazing doctor and person. I will recommend her to everyone I know, no question!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Suchanova performed surgery to correct my deviated septum. It has made an AMAZING difference. I am no longer getting nasal infections every 4-5 weeks that require me to miss work and life activities. Dr. Suchanova uses very up to date techniques, and my recovery time was about half of the time that I was lead to expect in research on this procedure.
in Katy, TX |
Dr. Suchanova radiates confidence. She tells you exactly what you need to do and shows you test results o support her recommendation, explaining them clearly. She also advises of any possible complications with the recommended procedure(s). Then, she tells you the likelihood of those actually happening when she operates. My thyroidectomy went very smoothly with no complications and a speedy recovery and I am 75 years of age. Her confidence is contagious.
in Baytown,TX |
Hands down one of the best ent doctors any where. She is an amazing doctor and person and would highly recommend her. Don't make a mistake like me and see another doctor first and have a procedure and regret it. Go see Dr. Suchanova first and have no regrets.
in Orange, Tx |
Dr. Suchanova is nothing less than amazing! She was able to fix what a previous ENT specialist messed up. She is extremely knowledgeable, a very talented surgeon, and an all around wonderful doctor. She was able to find the underlying issue to my sinus problems and successfully revise my sinus surgery with very minimal pain and NO complications. You will NOT regret seeking out and making an appointment with Dr. Suchanova. Her talent is undeniable. She can and will solve your problems too.
in Bellville, Texas |
Dr Suchanova in my opinion is a great physician! She not only discovered what other ENTs were unable to diagnose, but completely repaired what the others had totally botched in a previous surgery! After over 20 years of suffering with severe allergic sinusitis I am finally on the road to being completely healed! This physician truly cares about her patients! What an angel sent from God!
Have you seen Dr. Pavlina Suchanova, MD?
Are you Dr. Suchanova?

See our Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist at West Houston Medical Center

Visit Dr. Suchanova