Dr. Pavan Telang, MD

Dr. Pavan Telang, MD

Anesthesiology  ·
Dr. Pavan Telang, MD is an anesthesiology specialist in Florence, AL and has been practicing for 5 years. He specializes in anesthesiology and pain medicine.

541 W College St Ste 2000

Florence, AL 35630

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Telang

Dr. Telang's Experience

Dr. Telang's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Anesthesiology
  • Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine

This content was provided by Dr. Telang "Dr. Telang is a Shoals' area's only  Board Certified  and Fellowship Trained Pain Management Physician. His philosophy is to use proven, evidence based and multidisciplinary techniques to target and treat various pain disorders so that his patients can lead a pain free, productive lifestyle without reliance on addicting narcotic pain medications alone.

We are not a pill clinic. Dr. Telang believes that opioid medications does more harm than it helps and rarely prescribes such medications unless all other treatment options are exhausted.

Dr. Telang's training, board certification and specialization is in Interventional Pain and advanced pain management procedures. We also do not have any expertise in behavioral / psychiatric health or addiction medicine and are unable to help patients who have these issues. "

• Anesthesiology
  • Pain Medicine

• Anesthesiology
    Accredited by: American Board of Anesthesiology*
  • Pain Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Anesthesiology*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• Ball Memorial Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Anesthesia Residency-University Of Arizona
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Louisiana State University Health Shreveport / School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Telang has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Telang does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Telang and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Telang's Reviews

3.9
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Telang to family and friends

Dr. Telang's Performance

Dr. Telang Says:
"

Dr. Telangs specialization is Interventional Pain and not opioid medication management. We believe in multidisciplinary approach to treating pain. We utilize, home exercise programs, intervention techniques, medications ( non narcotics), physical therapy, chiropractic therapy and advanced pain procedures like radio frequency ablation and spinal cord stimulation to help manage your pain. We are not a pill clinic and do not have any

...

Sorry I just have a quick question. I'm being referred to you as of today. I've had 4 back surgeries and now having severe pain in hips to my feet. When I walk I'm slumped over and walk like a duck...do u ever put anyone in some type of brace to help straighten them up bc I think bc of everything...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I have recommend him to my friends and relatives.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I appreciate his genuine caring demeanor and the efficient manner in which he deals with me. He gets right to the point and doesn't waste time or energy. I like that! I'm hoping today's injection will be long(er) lasting pain treatment. Time will tell.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
My lower back was hurting so badly that if I stood up my back would lock together and I could not straighten up right I was in so much pain. I went in to Dr. Telangs office he saw my pain and set me up for injections and for the first couple day it stayed the same. Then I could stand almost without...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
I have been seeing Dr. Telang for over 4 years. When I was first referred to him, I was taking 90mg of morphine a day, and my back pain was overwhelming. Currently, I take NO narcotics. No more morphine! I feel better than I have for 20 years. He works with me as an equal in the decision making...more