Dr. Pavan Telang, MD

Dr. Pavan Telang, MD

Interventional Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Pavan Telang, MD is an interventional pain medicine doctor who practices in Florence, AL. He is 40 years old.

541 W College St Ste 2000

Florence, AL 35630

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama

Learn about Dr. Telang

See how frequently Dr. Telang performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Trigger Point Injection
Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
Back Pain

Dr. Telang's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Telang "Dr. Telang is a Shoals' area's only  Board Certified  and Fellowship Trained Pain Management Physician. His philosophy is to use proven, evidence based and multidisciplinary techniques to target and treat various pain disorders so that his patients can lead a pain free, productive lifestyle without reliance on addicting narcotic pain medications alone.

We are not a pill clinic. Dr. Telang believes that opioid medications does more harm than it helps and rarely prescribes such medications unless all other treatment options are exhausted.

Dr. Telang's training, board certification and specialization is in Interventional Pain and advanced pain management procedures. We also do not have any expertise in behavioral / psychiatric health or addiction medicine and are unable to help patients who have these issues. "

• Interventional Pain Medicine

• Radiofrequency Nerve Ablation
  • Sacroiliac Joint Injection
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Third Occipital Nerve Block
  • Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• Ball Memorial Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2004
  • Anesthesia Residency-University Of Arizona
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Louisiana State University Health Shreveport / School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Telang has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Telang does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Telang and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Telang's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Telang to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Telang Says:

Dr. Telangs specialization is Interventional Pain and not opioid medication management. We believe in multidisciplinary approach to treating pain. We utilize, home exercise programs, intervention techniques, medications ( non narcotics), physical therapy, chiropractic therapy and advanced pain procedures like radio frequency ablation and spinal cord stimulation to help manage your pain. We are not a...

Dr. Telang's Performance
in Phil Campbell, AL |
I have been living with chronic lower back pain for 20 plus years. Had 2 surgeries. If you are truly hurting and ARE NOT seeking narcotics, and are open to getting treatment for your pain, then Dr. Telang is awesome! Why would you want to be dependent on narcotics if he can make tour pain tolerable, or even go away? He is the best at what he does. This is not an opinion; this is a fact! He uses multiple non-narcotic meds along with injections. If it works, then why would you need narcotics?
We are excited that the diagnostic test have helped identify the pain generator so that you can accurately plan your surgery.
in Florence AL |
Very straightforward and trustworthy physician. Did not prescribe narcotics. Very thorough during initial visit. Ordered MRI. Follow up was quick. Did injection in neck same day. Significant improvement. Cancelled second procedure - did not need it. . Has been 8 months. Recommend.
We are thriled that the X-ray guided cervical epidural injections have helped reduce your pain. Happy to help.
in Greenhill |
I work at a nursing home and years of pulling and pushing patients had hurt my back. Dr. Tulang has helped me with his treatments. He recommended medications, home exercise program and then offered to "burn" the nerves in my back if the tests worked. Nothing short of a miracle. 8 months and still going strong. I am a bit irritated that he does not want to do a similar treatment for my neck.
Utilizing radiofrequency to ablate the nerves in the back or neck is a safe procedure with great results for treatment of non radicular low axial back and neck pain. Glad it helped. Thank you.
Tuscumbia, AL |
His staff is friendly and seem to really care. The Dr. is especially caring and really involves the patient. Showing what he is looking at on the computer. Does not mind the patient doing research to ask him about.
Patient education is a key part of our practice philosophy. Patients are more involved and compliant with treatment regimens when they understand what is going on. Happy to help.
in Muscle Shoals, AL |
I have already recommended Dr. Telang to family and friends. I am still in the process of getting better. I appreciate his professionalism in explaining what is going to take place in words I can understand. The office staff Is informed and very knowledgeable of their position in maintaining the flow necessary for a pleasant office visit as well as returning your phone messages. Thank you all.
in Florence, AL |
This Dr. has no clue that a pain Dr. should help patients in pain instead of referring to them as being "loopy". As my husband got upset with his poor judgement, due to the uncalled for name calling and the Dr. stating he would ONLY do injections on someone who has had4 back/neck surgeries and unable to walk due to the car accident. My opinion FIND YOU A DR!
We are an Interventional pain Practise and not an opioid pill clinic. Understandably, certain patients get upset when we do not prescribe them the narcotics that they are seeking. We hope you get the help you need.
in AL |
I have had this annoying pain for 5 years after a car accident. I was initially referred to physical therapy which did not help. He then did some tests and ablation of the nerves which helped a lot. Have been pain free for over 6 months now. Thank you Dr. Telang. Also has very helpful staff.
Radio frequency ablation is an excellent treatment option when conservative management has failed. We are glad that it has helped you significantly.
in Muscle Shoals |
Helped my 72 year oldmother who had spinal stenosis. We have seen a remarkable improvement in her over the past year.
Muscle Shoals, AL |
Absolutely a joke. This so called pain dr wouldn't even see me at all after reviewing my medical files from a referring doctor. I have severe spinal issues and a back fusion. This quack wouldn't even attempt to help me. Guess his so called methods he advertises are a scam if he knows there useless... Thanks doc for all your help.
Mr. G, We are an Interventional Pain Practise, not a pill clinic. We review each referral carefully and select patients whom we can help. In our experience, patients who are on high dose narcotics often have other issues that we do not have any training or expertise to deal with. Understandably, this can upset some patients. We hope you are able to find a practice that best suits your needs.
in Florence, AL |
Very patient oriented and his professional skill's have no equal. I would recommend him to anymore Who has spinal or pain issue's.
Thank you Theo for your kind words. We are very happy to see you pain free after the kyphoplasty.
in Florence, AL |
Was referred to Dr. Telang by my family doctor, about two years ago. Have found him to be courteous, professional, interested in helping me, and personable. I continue to see him every few months. Have experienced a tremendous relief from pain through injections and medications.
in Tuscumbia, AL |
was recommended by my sister who has seen Dr. Telang in the past. Offerred me multiple options, I tried chiropractic care and therapy for 6 months before I decided to try injections. Did 2 injections over the past year. Significant improvement
Used medications, injections and physical therapy to significantly lower my neck pain.
Have you seen Dr. Pavan Telang, MD?

Visit Dr. Telang