Dr. Pavan Prasad, MD

Psychiatry •  Male • Age 37

Dr. Prasad

Clarity Clinic

1 E Superior St Ste 306 Chicago, IL 60611

Dr. Pavan Prasad, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Chicago, IL and has been practicing for 5 years. He graduated from St. Matthews University / School Of Medicine in 2010 and specializes in psychiatry and pediatric psychiatry.

Dr. Prasad accepts

Dr. Prasad accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Prasad's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Prasad treats this condition more than 81% of his peers

Dr. Prasad's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Amphetamine or Related Acting Sympathomimetic Abuse
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder

2.1

Dr. Prasad?
Dr. Prasad's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Pavan Prasad, MD
I survived this dangerous doctor. It is troubling that the AntiDepresssents and Antipsychotic pills he prescribes here are the very cause of the symptoms themselves, especially as you try to come off them. Just like the opioid crisis, psychotropic drugs are also misleading and dangerous as are the "professionals" who give them out without warning you of the high risks involved and strong probabilities of poor outcomes, including insomnia, akithesia, homicidal/suicidal thoughts and actions, etc, They are also linked to the mass gun incidents across our country. These poisons disrupt your neurons and poison your mind and body. I will Keep sharing my experience to warn others and continue to sue the reckless doctors and pharmaceutical companies who harm the public.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pavan Prasad, MD?
Awesome doctor if you want someone who doesn't care about you and who will prescribe you literally anything you ask for.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pavan Prasad, MD?
I'm still alive, no thanks to Dr. Prasad. I told him that I'd had adverse reactions to meds in the past. He promised that he'd be available if I had any problems with the antidepressants he was prescribing. He wasn't. The meds made me suicidal. Couldn't reach Dr. Prasad. When I eventually heard back it was from his assistant to cancel our follow-up appointment. I'm alive because of the support of others. I urge others to avoid this doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pavan Prasad, MD?
Let me start off by saying that I have never wrote a review in my life- but I thought this was necessary. Met with him for a total of five minutes. Zero motivational interviewing or assessment skills. I felt forced to talk- conversation did not flow, nor was there an effort to make it flow. It was question after question. I felt like just another patient. Really fit into the description of a stereotypical psychatrist. Walked out feeling unheard and sad.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pavan Prasad, MD?
Dr. Prasad cares about one thing and one thing only, making money and writing scripts. My friends call him the hollywood doctor that will give you anything you want. However, if you really need a dr that cares enough to actually listen then this guy is not your dr. Recently went to him to express concerns with my significant other about the prescriptions not working well for him and needing a modification of sorts. He was dismissive and argumentative despite the serious concerns I expressed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pavan Prasad, MD?
I went in for concerns about ADD. I spoke with a PA who used the phrase, "what we normally do here is start with Abilify and klonopin and work from there." I spoke with Dr. Prasad for less than five minutes, which was spent literally trying to coerce me into accepting bipolar drugs based on family history---they had nothing to do with why I was there or what I was saying. I had to insist just to get him/the PA to consider treatment for ADD. I would not recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pavan Prasad, MD?
Dr. Prasad takes great care of his patients. He's always available to answer questions or talk if needed. I would definitely recommend his practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pavan Prasad, MD?
Dr. Prasad is a very sincere doctor. He has an ability to connect and understand what you are dealing with. He listens to what you have to say. Then he works with you for the best plan of action. He makes you feel comfortable and is never pushy. Dr. Prasad has repeatedly made himself available after hours. He cares about his patients and I am thankful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pavan Prasad, MD?
Our college-age daughter was referred to the Clarity Clinic. Our daughter has substance abuse issues and Dr. Prasad and his much too inexperienced team continue to treat her as a type of bi polar. She was prescribed both Klonapin and Adderall, which she then misused and has now been expelled from her university due to misusing these two drugs. I had to BEG to have her see one of their addiction counselors.Our next step is an intervention.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Pavan Prasad, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Prasad?

Dr. Pavan Prasad is a highly skilled psychiatrist utilizing a holistic approach to treat patients with mood, self-esteem, and concentration challenges. After earning his doctorate at St. Matthews Medical School, he completed four years of residency t...

• Psychiatry