Dr. Paula Rackoff, MD

Dr. Paula Rackoff, MD

Rheumatology | Female

Dr. Paula Rackoff, MD is a rheumatology doctor who practices in New York, NY. She is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Rackoff is affiliated with NYU Langone Medical Center and Mount Sinai Beth Israel.

Dr. Rackoff's Experience

See how Dr. Rackoff's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rackoff

Dr. Rackoff accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Rackoff has admitting privileges.

Dr. Rackoff's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rackoff to family and friends
    3.4
    Dr. Rackoff's Performance
    Brooklyn, NY |
    If you ever need a Rheumatologist, who is compassionate, warmth and knows her job, this is Dr. Paula Rackoff. She put me at ease from the very first I met her and let express my concerns regarding my health. I highly recommend, Dr. Paula Rackoff.
    Providence, RI |
    I have known Dr Rackoff for years. Her dedication and knowledge have earned the respect of her patients, their families, and her peers. She is the "go to" rheumatologist for her thoroughness and ability. Dr Rackoff is able to explain the best individualized treatment plans. Sometimes this meaning hearing what you need to hear rather than what you want to hear. Thank you, Dr Rackoff.
    Philadelphia, PA |
    I have known Dr Rackoff for years. Her dedication and high standards have earned respect among patients, their families, and her peers. She is the "go to" Rheumatlogist. You can trust Dr Rackoff to take great care of you, so much so that she tells you want you need to hear to get better (which is not always what you want to hear). Thank you, Dr Rackoff!
    New York, NY |
    Dr Paula Rackoff is the worst doctor I ever saw. She is mean and crabby. Not sensitive at all. Besides that, she misdiagnosed me and the treated me with toxic meds for a disease it turns out I never had. She's a know it all who knows nothing. Her manner with people is sorely lacking. Steer clear of her!
    New York, NY |
    Paula is an amazing doctor! She was patient, kind, and very professional. Her staff was also great! Highly recommended.
    in NYC |
    I have chronic pain from vertebral fractures and Dr Rackoff called me while she was in on vacation to help me through a painful time. Thank you!
    in Nyc |
    She called all three of my doctors from Chicago to get my complete history of my rheumatoid arthritis before making any changes. Made moving to NYC less scary with a chronic disease. Very grateful!!!
    New York, NY |
    seems great when you meet her but follow through was very disappointing
    New York, NY |
    The staff at this office are extremely rude. They cancelled my appointment a month after I made it and only a week before I was supposed to come in, leaving me with no way to get seen before I go away on a long trip. Super unprofessional. Avoid at all cost so that you don't get messed around like I did.
    in New York, NY |
    More than a LIKELIHOOD, I've done so! I've recommended Dr. PR to my friends/acquaintances/clients, with only positive feedback about her knowledge, professionalism and kindness. The negatives I heard were clearly due to the iffy staffing when she was working at B.I. Union Sq. Most of my massage clients are over 50, and for the aches and pains that even massage cannot relieve, I always recommend Dr. PR. I am glad that she is now at NYU, with a staff as attentive and caring as Dr. PR is herself.
    in Westchester, NY |
    Dr. Rackoff is a unique physician who combines outstanding clinical expertise with caring, compassion, and a total commitment to her patients. She does not shy away from difficult cases and remains driven to "get to the bottom" of your problem(s). She is terrific at follow-up and coordinates fantastically with your other doctors if needed. Dr. Rackoff is "one-of-a-kind!"
    New York, NY |
    Dr Paula Rackoff is a mean arrogant aggressive doctor. She has her own agenda; does not listen at all. She is insensitive and belligerent. The worst doctor! Besides that, she misdiagnosed and aggressively treated me for rheumatoid arthritis, which it turns out I don't even have. Stay away from her.
    in New York, New York |
    Dr. Rackoff is amazing and i trust her a lot, i was with her for 10 years and glad i found her when got sick with lupus. I was scared and helpless, and she helped me out to live happily with this disease.
    in New York, NY |
    Dr. Rackoff is an excellent dr. I highly recommend her. She is intelligent, caring and accessible. She has vast knowledge and readily shares it with her patients.
    in New York, NY |
    Dr. Rackoff is one of the best doctors that I have ever seen. She is smart, caring and responsive. She is truly a patients doctor. She is available outside of office hours, spends time with her patients and explains things clearly. Dr. Rackoff listens carefully, asks the right questions and really thinks about the patients conditions. I have recommended her to countless friends and family members and will continue to do so.
    in New York |
    I've been seeing Dr Rackoff for the last two years and my experience with her as been wonderful. I have felt well taken care of by Dr Rackoff and I love NYU!
    Excellent experience and very knowledgeable !
    in Congers, NY |
    Dr. Paula Rackoff simply is amazing. She listened to me about my medical problems and was very caring and sympathetic to what I am going through. Even though I went over my time for my appointment she did not rush me and took the time to go over my options for care. I would HIGHLY recommend her for a man or women. She is a great person and doctor.
    Jersey City, NJ |
    The office itself is clean and nice, but Dr. Rackoff is absolutely horrible. Dr. Rackoff is probably the worst doctor I've ever seen in my life. I actually left my appointment crying because she was so rude to me, barely gave me five minutes of her time, and talked down to me. She didn't listen to anything I had to say and didn't take me seriously at all. Do yourself a favor and find a different doctor.
    in New York, NY |
    Dr. Rackoff is professional, knowledgeable and thorough. I could not recommend her more highly.
    Have you seen Dr. Paula Rackoff, MD?
    Are you Dr. Rackoff?

Dr. Rackoff's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Rheumatology
    •  Board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology

Dr. Rackoff has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Rackoff's Board Certifications

• Rheumatology

• Achilles Tendinitis
    • Adhesive Capsulitis
    • Ankylosing Spondylitis
    • Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
    • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
    • Arthropathy Associated With Reiters Disease
    • De Quervain's Disease
    • Dermatomyositis
    • Dry Eyes
    • Dupuytren's Contracture
    • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
    • Fever
    • Gout
    • Hammer Toe
    • Hepatitis B - Immune Response
    • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
    • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
    • Limb Cramp
    • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
    • Osteoarthritis of Hands
    • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
    • Plantar Fasciitis
    • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
    • Polymyositis
    • Psoriatic Arthritis
    • Purpura
    • Pyogenic Arthritis
    • Raynaud's Disease
    • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
    • Sarcoidosis

Graduated in 1986

Completed in 1987

Completed in 1989

Yale New Haven Hospital

Dr. Rackoff does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rackoff and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Rheumatology