Dr. Paul F. Yau, MD

Dr. Paul F. Yau, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics 1819 W Clinch Ave Ste 100, Knoxville, TN 37916 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Allison Klar, NP and Paul Yau, MD aim to provide comprehensive orthopaedic care for hip and knee conditions to keep people active. We offer the full spectrum of options from strategies to preserve the native joint (supplements, braces, medicines, injections, arthroscopy and joint preservation procedures) extending to complete reconstruction via minimally invasive surgical techniques and modern rapid recovery protocols (including partial knee replacement, quadriceps sparing total knee arthroplasty and direct anterior hip replacement).Read more

Dr. Yau's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Yau's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Yau

• Medicare
  • NovaNet
  • Prime Health Services
  • USA Managed Care Organization

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Yau has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Yau

Dr. Yau's Review Details
4.7 based on 42 responses
Experience with Dr. Yau
Dr. Yau's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (38)
Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Yau performed hip surgery for 2 tears of the labrum. I play D1 college soccer, and was playing with this injury, since my college trainers diagnosed "shin splints". I heard about Dr. Yau and consulted him, since my pain would not go away. He diagnosed my problem correctly, and performed my surgery, giving me a full explanation of recovery and return to soccer. 1 Post-op issue was promptly diagnosed and treated by Dr. Yau, which resulted in an accelerated and stronger recovery!
in Knoxville, TN |
My experience with Dr. Yau was nothing but positive. During the duration of obtaining a diagnosis and recommend a treatment plan (which for me required outpatient orthopedic surgery), he clearly explained everything to me. He also took the time to actually show me in detail my test results. Surgery was successful and during each follow up appointment, he took the time to be sure I was recovering without issue. I'd highly recommend him as an experienced surgeon with a caring personality.
Thanks Dr. Yau
in Loudon, TN |
Dr. Yau is very personable and treats you as his only patient. He called me the night before my knee surgery and has called me twice since the surgery. Very informative about my knee and how to have the best results with the therapy.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Yau came highly recommended to me by my physical therapist. He did my knee replacement on July 6th and I'm having a great recovery. He was very thorough in explaining what to expect. He has an excellent reputation of successful surgeries with quick recovery, minimal complications afterward and little infection. He has excellent bedside manner and makes you feel very comfortable. He is a very humble man! I'm thankful God lead me to this amazing surgeon!
in Knoxville ,Tn |
I had a partial knee replacement in July. Dr. Yau did a fantastic job. He explained the procedure and I felt very comfortable going into surgery.
Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Yau is so easy to talk to and explains things so you can understand the procedure he is going to do. I attended a joint camp he offered and got a lot of good information about knee and hip replacement and several people spoke of their experience before and after surgery. Lots of questions were answered. I didn't need a total knee replacement and was glad that he offered a partial knee replacement which is what I had.
in Loudon, TN |
I have had 2 hip replacements(anterior) & a partial knee replacement done by Dr.Yau over the last year & a half. He is a wonderful doctor. He takes time & listens to & answers all your questions & doesn't rush you. The incisions on my hips pretty well match each other as well. I recommend him to everyone I hear that has knee or hip problems. If he feels your problem can be solved without surgery, he will tell you.
in Seymour, TN |
Dr. Yau is the most comprehensive and caring physician I have ever known. He gave me my hips back... I had both hips replaced...so I could return to my active lifesyte.
in Loudon, TN |
Dr. Yau is wonderfully compassionate! For me it was hip surgery. Dr. Yau specializes in the anterior approach. Overnight in the hospital, walking with a walker the day after surgery. Used a cane for the next 10 days, light golfing in 3 weeks, 18 holes after 4 weeks, 3 mile walk (flat), and then hills and hikes after 5 weeks. The entire experience, Dr. Yau, hip school, physical therapy, Ft Sanders Regional Hospital was terrific.
in Maryville, TN |
My experience was as awesome as any experience with surgery can be. I found Dr. Yau through research, asking questions, and most important, consulting with him personally. It's important, I believe, to not depend on the doctor for all the questions you may have but to do your own research by knowing what you want from your doctor and what you face regarding the surgery you face. Here's my overall experience with Dr. Yau -- AWESOME! Thank you Dr. Yau for your professionalism.
in Oak Ridge, TN |
Dr. Yau takes time to listen to your health issues and works to resolve the pain and problem you are experiencing. I had an anterior hip replacement and I am finally free of pain after 14 years. You gave me back my life by taking away the pain in my hip. It is refreshing to see your smiling face on each visit because you gave mine back to me. Thank you Dr. Yau for the journey and I have an attitude of gratitude for you every day.
in Maryville, TN |
I had been putting off knee replacement for a number of years waiting for a better option than total replacement. A friend had minimally invasive surgery with Dr. Yau with excellent results. Dr. Yau recommended a minimally invasive partial replacement for me. I was back working out at the health club within two weeks. An 80 year old friend had the same experience. Excellent doctor using the latest technology and procedures. Highly recommended!
in Sevierville, TN |
I recommend Dr Yau to everyone. He treats his patients like he would treat his Mom!!!
in Lenoir City, TN |
Dr. Yau has a high level of personal care & concern for his patients. He seems genuinely interested in the patient's healing and is determined to get the absolute best possible result in their hip & knee joint care. I have never before experienced such willingness to address patient's concerns/allay their fears with personal phone calls. His manner elicits trust. His smile, wit & humor really help when faced with reality that one or more joint replacements are needed. Joint Camp was excellent!
in Sevierville, TN |
First I would like to thank you for asking me to be on your panel at the Joint Camp. It was my pleasure to share the great success that I have experienced as a patient of yours. If it had not been for Dr Yau, I would not have the quality of life I have today. There is not enough space for me to praise Dr Yau enough. You will never regret going to him, he is the best!!! Such a talented , caring, skilled,intelligent person. I was so blessed to find him! I'm a walking advertisement for him. :)
in Greenback, TN |
I found Dr. Yau when I was looking on the internet for a surgeon to perform a knee replacement. I thought that his background and credentials were impressive. He had a 22 second video that I watched online, and he appeared to be humble and respectful of his patients. I found him to be that way in person, as well as an excellent surgeon. He provided outstanding care, and more personal accessibility than any other surgeon that I have ever encountered. Great guy!
in Knoxville, TN |
Very personable, very interested in me & my wife, very knowledgeable. Impressed that he, not his nurse or another office employee, called the night before surgery to see if we had any questions and then again after I got home from the hospital to see if I had any concerns. He calls me and my wife by name every time he sees us.
in Louisville, TN |
Upon meeting Dr. Yau I immediately felt comfortable and confident in him. He is very personable and takes the time to explain what's going on. My hip replacement on 3/11 and recovery has been amazing and like he told me I can fix you - and he did! I read about him in our newspaper several times and liked what he said. He is truly a blessing to his profession and I am very grateful to him.
in Knoxville, TN |
Very positive experience. I just sent Dr. Yau a personal note thanking him for his care, skill and personal concern and how blessed I was to have found him. I found it to be very comforting to know that my care was in his hands. I am blessed to have found a surgeon who is very skilled, but also with a kind and compassionate heart. The incision was small; therefore, I have not developed keloid tissue.
in Mascot TN |
Great Need To be more stars like about 20
in Oak Ridge, TN |
As a patient, I am extremely confident in Dr. Yau's knowledge of his specialty, professionalism, empathy and understanding. Being referred to him due to poor progress and failed procedures from previous doctors, he addressed the problem quickly and was able to offer solutions, corrected the problem and helped me get my life and mobility back on track. Very pleased.
Have you seen Dr. Paul F. Yau, MD?
Are you Dr. Paul F. Yau, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Yau

Why It Matters: Dr. Yau's Board Certifications

Dr. Yau says..

Dr. Yau is chair of the Department of Orthopaedics

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injuries
  • Hip Sprain
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Meniscus Tear

• Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery
  • Partial Knee Replacement

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

R Franklin Univ Of Med & Sci

Graduated in 2005

University of California At San Francisco
    University of Illinois at Chicago
    Washington University School Of Medicine / Barnes-Jewish Hospital
    University of Alberta Faculty of Medicine And Dentistry

Dr. Yau has no media or publications listed.

• International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Member

The International Congress for Joint Reconstruction (ICJR) delivers continuing medical education to orthopedic surgeons focused on the latest operative techniques, procedures, advanced devices, and improvements in patient care. Physicians affiliated with ICJR are committed to offering patients the best treatment options available today

×

Dr. Yau's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Yau

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Yau's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Yau

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Yau's Care Philosophy