Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryMale

Telehealth services available

Valley Hospital Psychiatry

3550 E Pinchot Ave Phoenix, AZ 85018

Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Phoenix, AZ. Dr. Valbuena has more experience with Addiction & Substance Abuse and Psychotic Disorders than other specialists in his area. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Valbuena to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Frequently Treated by Dr. Valbuena

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Valbuena treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Valbuena treats other conditions, please contact the office at (602) 957-4000.

Addiction & Substance Abuse

Addiction and substance abuse specialists diagnose and treat people who have become physically dependent or addicted to drugs and alcohol through treatments including counseling, detoxifcation, inpatient rehabilitation, and medication.Compare with other Addiction & Substance Abuse specialists.

Dr. Valbuena treats at a

Normal
High
Very High

Psychotic Disorders

Psychotic disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that cause severe mental symptoms and disconnection from reality, such as schizophrenia, delusional disorder, and substance-induced psychosis.Compare with other Psychotic Disorders specialists.

Dr. Valbuena treats at a

Dr. Valbuena's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

Dr. Valbuena accepts

Dr. Valbuena accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

34.48275862068966%
3.4482758620689653%
60.3448275862069%

Dr. Valbuena?
This "Dr" is VERY dangerous! Be VERY careful and avoid at all costs.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Dangerous! – Jan 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD?
There was NO visit. After 2 scheduled online appointments Dr Valbuena was a NOSHOW. The first one was because his "Team" did not get my insurance information from me in time for the scheduled appt. Strange considering I spoke with them that morning for an in office consult for medical records. Second online appointment was at 11:00 am. By 11:38 Dr. Valbuena still had not shown up. I called his office and told them I would be finding another doctor. Unprofessionalism at its best.
MRS. Dissapointed – Jan 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD?
Dr. Valbuena is to the point and doesn't waste yours nor his valuable time in beating around the bush!! He's gotta help too many of us for that!! The questions he asks aren't pulled out of a hat...they are designed to EVALUATE YOU... And what he does works.... Sure... Upon first encounter i thought he was NUTS and didn't know anything about ME when after a pretty short evaluation, he actually diagnosed ME with SEVERE DEPRESSION!!?? I was like the happiest go lucky person you could ever meet!! OMG... he's gonna try to empty my wallet! I was VERY VERY WRONG.... Dr. Valbuena was the FIRST doctor who knew what he was seeing and hearing when so many others including myself had no idea about. LITERALLY, THIS MAN HELPED TO SAVE MY LIFE!!! So...see & say what you want.... But I'm a living walking talking miracle because of his knowledge and care...he can do NO wrong by me!!
Nahaia – Sep 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD?
Dr Valbuena is not a good good doctor. He is just peddling BioTe hormone implants. I went to him since my insurance said he was in-network. However he uses an out-of-network lab and doesn't disclose this. He freely admitted he didn't even read my file and then proceeded to claim my testosterone was extremely low (my gyno looked at the same blood results and said I was right in the middle of normal). He then tried to push the BioTe implant even claiming I could even stop my bipolar meds!
Apr 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD?
Dr. Valbuena saw me in a psych ward 5 yrs ago. I was acutely suicidal. In the month I was there, I met with Dr. Val almost EVERY day. My suicidal ideation, which I had for 13 YEARS, was gone after being stabilized by him, even after being treated by 5 other psychiatrists previously. I find most of them sort of creepy, cold or unsympathetic. I have never felt this from Dr. Val (and I've been around) I've had some front desk issues with scheduling, but I believe this Dr. literally saved my life.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Amy in Phoenix – Mar 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD?
Had an appointment scheduled with the Doctor today first visit. I get there and he's not even at the office, they have me see his P.A. That's not who i made the appointment with. Very bad place.
Alan in Scottsdale, AZ – Jan 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD?
Anyone can be a doctor, but, it takes ethics and a sincere interest for wanting to help people, to be a great doctor. During my interactions with Dr. Valbueno, he lacked ethics and sincerity for his patients..
Oct 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD?
The front office is horrible. I did not see the doctor, but scheduling and getting someone to answer the phone is extremely difficult. I attempted to call prior to my appointment to confirm the time; no call back from them. I left 4 messages. When I finally spoke with someone, they said I missed my appointment. I asked if I should reschedule or look for another doctor - she said to look for another doctor! Front office is a reflection of the doctors, so I do not recommend this pract
Nathan in Rush – Apr 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD?
Angie,the receptionist at the office is very incompetent. She will not pick up the phone till it rings several times and is busy checking her cell phone even when patients are waiting. She got confused about billing and just blamed her office staff!!
Mesa, AZ – Mar 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Valbuena many years and would not trust anyone else with my mental health. He is extremely knowledgeable and will explain your condition to you thoroughly and understandably. He also considers all your conditions/issues and all options when prescribing drugs. He provides individualized care and is without a doubt one of the kindest, most caring doctors I've ever seen. His staff is also friendly and helpful. This is a physician worthy of your trust.
Randy in Phoenix, AZ – Aug 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD?
Dr. Valbuena is a first class psychiatrist. I have been a patient of his for over 8 years and can not thank him enough for the transformation in my mood and general demeanor that he has facilitated. Dr. Valbuena has a keen understanding of pharmaceuticals and their affect on patients; he is able to adjust dosage and treatment to maximize the outcome. I highly recommend him.
Zack J in Mesa, AZ – Aug 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD?
Dr. Valbuena was extremely helpful in getting me through a tough period in my life....he is an excellent psychiatrist with a world of knowledge...a kind, considerate and compassionate.
Lance in MESA, AZ – Aug 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD?
Best psychiatrist hands down! Friendly, helpful, insightful. The staff always seems to be on the same page. Dr did a clean of the office and it seems to be working a lot better.
Angela S in Glendale, AZ – Aug 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD?
Dr.Valbuena is amazing. I recommend him if you are looking for a straight shooter, inquisitive and knowledgeable.
Darrell in Scottsdale, AZ – Aug 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD?
Dr. Valbuena is very knowledgable and approachable. He listens to me and trusts my instincts as well as his own. We have a good working relationship. I trust him to provide the best care for me. The office staff is wonderful. There is a little bit of a wait, but not more than 1/2 hour. He is very well worth the short wait.
Rocky in Phoenix, AZ – Aug 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD?
the best doctor I have ever met and nothing I can say really does justice to the man: he is extremely intelligent, a compassionate and caring person ,and a truly outstanding doctor. I count myself truly lucky to have found him.
Bradon in Phoenix, AZ – Aug 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD?
He is extremely knowledgeable and dedicated. His staff is courteous.
Michelle in Phoenix, AZ – Aug 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD?
Clean office, friendly staff. Easy to schedule.
Scottsdale – Jul 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD?
“It’s all been said in the other five star reviews. Dr. Valbuena and his staff are all I could have hoped for in Psychiatry. He has been my physician for several years now and has always provided the absolute best care, and I believe, best advice and treatment during every visit and for every issue.
George in Phoenix, AZ – Jul 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD?
I have had nothing but positive experiences with Dr. Valbuena go-to guy. The offices are brand new, clean, and they run on time. Dr. Valbuena provides a safe, understanding, sympathetic, private practice, first Doctor I have ever had that concentrated on my wellness . Seriously, he is the first doctor that ever made me consider to go outside of my city to see him.
Bobby in Phoenix, AZ – Jul 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Valbuena?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry