Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD

Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry | Male

Valley Hospital Psychiatry 3550 E Pinchot Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85018 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Valbuena specializes in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and practices in Phoenix, AZ. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Valbuena? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Valbuena's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Valbuena's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Valbuena

• Magellan Health Services
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • Providence Health Plans
  • TriWest Champus

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Reviewing Dr. Valbuena

Dr. Valbuena's Review Details
2.7 based on 44 responses
Experience with Dr. Valbuena
Dr. Valbuena's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (41)
in Phoenix, AZ |
I have been seeing Dr. Valbuena many years and would not trust anyone else with my mental health. He is extremely knowledgeable and will explain your condition to you thoroughly and understandably. He also considers all your conditions/issues and all options when prescribing drugs. He provides individualized care and is without a doubt one of the kindest, most caring doctors I've ever seen. His staff is also friendly and helpful. This is a physician worthy of your trust.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Valbuena is a first class psychiatrist. I have been a patient of his for over 8 years and can not thank him enough for the transformation in my mood and general demeanor that he has facilitated. Dr. Valbuena has a keen understanding of pharmaceuticals and their affect on patients; he is able to adjust dosage and treatment to maximize the outcome. I highly recommend him.
in MESA, AZ |
Dr. Valbuena was extremely helpful in getting me through a tough period in my life....he is an excellent psychiatrist with a world of knowledge...a kind, considerate and compassionate.
in Glendale, AZ |
Best psychiatrist hands down! Friendly, helpful, insightful. The staff always seems to be on the same page. Dr did a clean of the office and it seems to be working a lot better.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr.Valbuena is amazing. I recommend him if you are looking for a straight shooter, inquisitive and knowledgeable.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Valbuena is very knowledgable and approachable. He listens to me and trusts my instincts as well as his own. We have a good working relationship. I trust him to provide the best care for me. The office staff is wonderful. There is a little bit of a wait, but not more than 1/2 hour. He is very well worth the short wait.
in Phoenix, AZ |
the best doctor I have ever met and nothing I can say really does justice to the man: he is extremely intelligent, a compassionate and caring person ,and a truly outstanding doctor. I count myself truly lucky to have found him.
in Phoenix, AZ |
He is extremely knowledgeable and dedicated. His staff is courteous.
Scottsdale |
Clean office, friendly staff. Easy to schedule.
in Phoenix, AZ |
“It’s all been said in the other five star reviews. Dr. Valbuena and his staff are all I could have hoped for in Psychiatry. He has been my physician for several years now and has always provided the absolute best care, and I believe, best advice and treatment during every visit and for every issue.
in Phoenix, AZ |
I have had nothing but positive experiences with Dr. Valbuena go-to guy. The offices are brand new, clean, and they run on time. Dr. Valbuena provides a safe, understanding, sympathetic, private practice, first Doctor I have ever had that concentrated on my wellness . Seriously, he is the first doctor that ever made me consider to go outside of my city to see him.
in Surprise, AZ |
Very patient doctor, always willing to go out of his way for his patients. I have never had a problem scheduling an appointment, whether it be for months in advance or on short notice. Office staff is polite and always willing to help. Can't go wrong with Dr. Valbuena or anyone at Valbuena Psychiatry.
Chandler, AZ |
Horrendous staff. I desperately need to wean off a medication and it took half a dozen calls to get someone on the line, after which I had to practically threaten to go cold turkey if they didn't see me soon. Got in the next day and started me on Zoloft but didn't send in the lower dose to CVS! Three days later and a dozen phone calls no one has called me back and no prescription sent in. Also, I can't find their damn office hours anywhere online!
in Tempe, AZ |
This practice has gone down the toilet. I was a patient here since Aug 2015. Martin was my doctor and he was the greatest doctor I've ever had (that I even recommended many patients here). Unfortunately, their scheduling staff has the highest turnover rate I have ever seen. They are mean to patients & are extremely uneducated. I stuck around for Martin, but now that he left (due to losing patients over a poorly run practice) this office will not be seeing me again.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
SCAM ALERT! They charged me $540 SIX MONTHS LATER It was confusing to both me & my Insurance because during the year of 2015 I met my premium deductible, which means everything is paid for. They even said after every appointment that there was no charge. Also they charged me for a no call no show when I cancelled days in advance. I only saw Martin a couple of times. He made me feel like a prescription pusher when I told him the dose wasn't working for me anymore. The office girls are rude too!
in Phoenix, AZ |
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY HERE!!! Valbuena and his physician's assistant, Martin, are not on the same page when it comes to treatment, especially with children. My daughter's first appointment, Valbuena prescribed her Adderall for ADD and ADHD. Martin said he was concerned with the strength she is on, and made it seem like I was a bad parent because my daughter needs a higher strength or an alternative for her afternoon dose. 80% of the time they do not answer the phone Rude & slow!
in Phoenix, AZ |
I elected to enter Valley Hospital when I was having severe anxiety. Dr. Valbuena was the psychiatrist. I spoke to him only in passing. He prescribed meds and that was it. I decided to leave the hospital as I was not getting the help I needed. Dr. Valbuena became very angry. I would not recommend this hospital.
in Scottsdale AZ |
Doc spends about 2 minutes with you, writes you a prescription and sends you off.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Attempted to schedule appointment on ZocDoc. Appointment was cancelled by office without so much as a courtesy call to let me know. I attempted to contact the office several times to schedule the appointment in the first place, and several more times to find out why it was cancelled. No return call was given. DO NOT waste your time. There are plenty of competent physicians with office staff that value their patients. This isn't one of them.
Have you seen Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD?
Are you Dr. Paul Valbuena, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Valbuena

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Why It Matters: Dr. Valbuena's Board Certifications

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Hallucinogen Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Group Psychotherapy
  • Psychiatric Evaluation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Dr. Valbuena has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Valbuena does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Valbuena and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Valbuena's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry
  • Malpractice claims in Arizona not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Valbuena

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Valbuena's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Valbuena

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients