Dr. Paul Tucker, MD

Dr. Paul Tucker, MD

Interventional Cardiology  |

Dr. Paul Tucker, MD is an interventional cardiology doctor who practices in Austin, TX. He is 55 years old. Dr. Tucker is affiliated with St. David's South Austin Medical Center.

Texas Heart and Vascular

• CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Tucker

Dr. Tucker received his bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts from the University of Texas at Austin, graduating Summa Cum Laude, with induction into Phi Beta Kappa. He received his medical degree from the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX, where he was inducted into Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society. Dr. Tucker has been elected as a Texas Monthly Super Doctor for the years 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.

Dr. Tucker's Experience

Dr. Tucker's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Interventional Cardiology
  • Board certified in Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Interventional Cardiology

• Interventional Cardiology

• Aortic Valve Regurgitation
  • Atrial Fibrillation
  • Atrial Flutter
  • Autonomic Disorders
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders

• Texas Heart Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

• Super Doctor, Texas Monthly, 2010
  • Super Doctor, Texas Monthly, 2003-8

Dr. Tucker has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tucker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tucker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

St. David's South Austin Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Outstanding Patient Experience Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Tucker is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Tucker's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tucker to family and friends
Dr. Tucker's Performance
in Austin, TX |
Paul is an exceptional listener and problem solver. Based on my symptoms he recommended two non evasive tests while explaining their purpose. His personality is professional and personal. I enthusiastically recommend Dr Tucker to anyone in need of a cardiologist.
in austin tx |
Dr tucker. Is a great person always listens to you very proffesional . .thanks
Johnson City, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Tuckers going on 17 years now. He is friendly, knowledgeable, caring, and makes a genuine effort to ensure his patients are taken care of. I recommend him to anyone in need of a cardiologist.
in Bastrop, TX |
Doctor Paul Tucker along with his entire staff has made me feel I am in the "best of the best" hands for my heart health, His dedication and knowledge makes me feel secure in knowing I am getting the most up to date treatment, I am so thankful my doctor referred me to him.
in Cedar Creek, TX |
Even with a scheduling snafu, Dr. Tucker's staff were professional and gracious in handling my appointment and kept me right on schedule. I have been a patient for over 10 years here and have found Dr. Tucker to be very comfortable and fully engaged in treating me when I am there. He reviews my records, my "numbers", and makes sure to ask me the right questions to give me the correct treatment. He has surprised me on a number of occasions by remembering very specific things I have told him.
Austin, TX |
Dr. Tucker has been my cardiologist for 10 years. As a nurse new to Austin at that time, I looked at cardiologists that I worked with and Dr. Tucker was my choice. He expects the only the best from his staff and gives his best to his patients. His experience means I don't need to have any worries.
Austin, TX |
Have been a patient of Dr Tucker's since 1995 I believe. Without Dr Tucker's expertise my medical issue would have been ignored by me and I would not be enjoying life now! He has been very thorough and cautious, with every decision we have made. He has sent me to specialists he knows in the field relevant to my situation. Our family is in the best of heart health care with him. We feel very fortunate to be his patients and to be able to rely on his care and that if his staff.
in Austin, TX |
We have been very happy with Dr Tucker and his office staff. Recently my husband had an immediate visit and he was seen by PA Molly Kosoris. We were very encouraged by the visit and with the knowledge and expertise of Molly in this particular situation. She was efficient, friendly, put us at ease and did all she could to expedite a procedure that was necessary. We walked out of there feeling as though we had been taken care of by a family member. Nurse Mauri was also part of the success.
Austin, TX |
Everyone is always helpful and friendly. Always in and out in a timely manner. I have recommended him to some friends.
in Bertram, TX |
I do not believe you can find a better cardiologist than Dr. Paul Tucker. Dr. Tucker is the individual that had the ability and knowledge, plus his professional manner to convince me that I must have open heart surgery or suffer a fatal heart attack at any time. I did have the surgery 11 years ago, I still work fulltime, hunt, fish, travel. Seeing Dr Tucker regularly allows me to have confidence in my health to enjoy life. You cannot go wrong in having him as your cardiologist!
in Austin, TX |
My appointments with Dr. Tucker are always pleasant experiences. I am seen promptly, and treated courteously. My questions are answered clearly and concisely in a very professional manner. I feel very fortunate to have Dr. Tucker as my Cardiologist.
in bastrop, tx |
A top notch cardiologist!!! He wasn't my first cardiologist but I switched to him a few years ago and it was the best decision I've ever made. I would highly recommend him to anyone. Friendly, competent, and all business. A high level of confidence in whatever he recommends.
in Austin, TX |
He is very completed in his exam; explains things well and is very easy to communicate with through the examination process.
Have you seen Dr. Paul Tucker, MD?
Are you Dr. Tucker?