Dr. Paul D. Tortland, DO

Dr. Paul D. Tortland, DO

Regenerative Medicine | Male | 57 years old

For me, being a physician is about customer service. I strive to treat my patients the same way that I would want to be treated myself. My goal is to identify the source of your pain or injury and then treat it. I do NOT do "pain management." I don't want to "manage" your pain - I want FIX your pain! I use cutting edge approaches to help identify the pain generator. I then discuss with you the various treatment options available. I don't give up easily. But I also won't string you along if we are not making meaningful progress - I'll refer you to someone who may be better able to help you. Finally, I strongly believe in patient education. If you do not completely understand what's going on and the treatment(s) that I propose, then it compromises the effectiveness of any treatment. So a major portion of my role is one of educator, and I'll take the time necessary to explain everything in simple, easy to understand terms.Read more

Valley Sports Physicians and Orthopedic Medicine
59 Sycamore St
Glastonbury, CT 06033 Get Directions

Dr. Tortland's Experience

See how Dr. Tortland's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Tortland

Dr. Tortland accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Tortland has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Tortland
Dr. Tortland's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (21)
in South Windsor, CT |
Dr. Tortland is great! I have a ruptured disc in my lower back which caused nerve damaged in my right leg. I have been taking medicine for pain management for a couple of years which was prescribed by a different doctor. I fully expected Dr. Tortland to renew my prescription and send me on my way....but he didn't. He truly does want to fix my problem!! He is compassionate and genuinely interested in helping me with my concern. I would highly recommend him.
in Groton, CT |
One of the most knowledgeable, thorough doctors I've ever dealt with. Helped me with persistent low back issues that no one else I saw could help with. Have personally referred several new patients, all who have come back with positive experiences. Takes the time to explain options and mechanics of proposed treatments.
in Fairfield, CT |
Dr. Tortland is a compassionate doctor that both my teenage son and I felt could provide the regenerative therapy we were seeking as an alternative to surgery. Because he's unaffiliated with any company, he embraces and incorporate cutting edge solutions into treatment protocols that deliver superior outcomes while lessening invasiveness and patient time in the office. He was clear, patient, answered all our questions, and did the most thorough clinical evaluation of all four doctors we saw.
in Kingston, NY |
I chose Dr. Tortland because of his knowledge, experience and techniques in the stem cell therapy field. He made me feel comfortable and explained everything. His assistants were great.
in Kingston, NY |
I was in pain for years with a deteriorating left hip. Dr. Tortland gave me a Prolozone injection that relieved the pain and followed up with a combination fat cell and stem cell injection He is one of the most professional and caring Dr I have ever met. He is using state of the art treatments and is a true pioneer in this new treatment process. I would highly recommend him for anyone trying to avoid surgery.
in Simsbury, CT |
Highly recommend! I went to see Dr. Tortland for a partial ACL tear. The treatment we decided on was a PRP injection. The staff was very friendly and informed. Dr. Tortland spent as much time with me as i needed to feel comfortable with the procedure. The day of was a breeze and pain free. I was really impressed, had a great experience and am on the road to recovery. Im a very active person and someone that understands me was very important. I would recommend this procedure and the Doc to anyone
Have you seen Dr. Paul D. Tortland, DO?

Dr. Tortland's Care Philosophy

For me, being a physician is about customer service.  I strive to treat my patients the same way that I would want to be treated myself.

My goal is to identify the source of your pain or injury and then treat it.  I do NOT do "pain management."  I don't want to "manage" your pain - I want FIX your pain!

I use cutting edge approaches to help identify the pain generator.  I then discuss with you the various treatment options available.

I don't give up easily.  But I also won't string you along if we are not making meaningful progress - I'll refer you to someone who may be better able to help you.

Finally, I strongly believe in patient education.  If you do not completely understand what's going on and the treatment(s) that I propose, then it compromises the effectiveness of any treatment.  So a major portion of my role is one of educator, and I'll take the time necessary to explain everything in simple, easy to understand terms.

Dr. Tortland says...

The hallmark of our practice is the use Regenerative Medicine treatments including Prolotherapy, Prolozone, PRP (platelet-rich plasma), and stem cell injection therapies.I have been doing prolotherapy injections since 1995.  I was the first physician in the state of Connecticut to begin performing both PRP and stem cells injections for orthopedic conditions, in 2007 and 2008, respectively, longer than most physicians in the U.S.  I'm consider an leader and pioneer in the field Regenerative Medicine.In addition, I am an internationally recognized expert in the use of musculoskeletal ultrasound (MSK US) for both diagnosis and for US-guided injections.  I help teach over half a dozen MSKK US courses around the country each year, and I have published an extensive library of MSK US training videos for physicians.

In short, there are few physician in the country with my level of skill and experience in the field of Regenerative Medicine and MSK ultrasound.

Dr. Tortland's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Regenerative Medicine
  •  Board certified in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine and Sports Medicine

Dr. Tortland has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

Why It Matters: Dr. Tortland's Board Certifications

• Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
  • Sports Medicine

• Achilles Tendon Injuries
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle

Graduated in 1981

• Other Education
    University of Connecticut

Completed in 1984

Dr. Tortland does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tortland and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Regenerative Medicine
  • Sports Medicine

• Nerve Blocks
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Prolotherapy Injections