Dr. Paul Tortland, DO

• Anthem
  • Connecticare
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Tortland

For me, being a physician is about customer service.  I strive to treat my patients the same way that I would want to be treated myself.

My goal is to identify the source of your pain or injury and then treat it.  I do NOT do "pain management."  I don't want to "manage" your pain - I want FIX your pain!

I use cutting edge approaches to help identify the pain generator.  I then discuss with you the various treatment options available.

I don't give up easily.  But I also won't string you along if we are not making meaningful progress - I'll refer you to someone who may be better able to help you.

Finally, I strongly believe in patient education.  If you do not completely understand what's going on and the treatment(s) that I propose, then it compromises the effectiveness of any treatment.  So a major portion of my role is one of educator, and I'll take the time necessary to explain everything in simple, easy to understand terms.

Dr. Tortland's Experience

Dr. Tortland's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Regenerative Medicine

Accredited by: American Osteopathic Board of Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine*
  • Sports Medicine
    Accredited by: American Osteopathic Board of Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine*

• Achilles Tendon Injuries
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle

• Facet Joint Injection
  • Joint Injection
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Prolotherapy Injections
  • Prolozone® Injections
  • Sacroiliac Joint Injection
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Stem Cell Therapy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• University of Connecticut
  • Toledo Hospital The
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • University of Connecticut
    Other Education | Completed 1984

Dr. Tortland has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tortland does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tortland and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Tortland's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tortland to family and friends
Dr. Tortland's Performance
in Norwich, CT |
I found Dr. Tourtland on the web while looking for cartilage regeneration medical trials. He has a very informative web site that I read and then contacted him by email. To my surprise, I received a reply a few hours later. He reviewed x-rays with me and explained my situation a told me that I work be a candidate for PRP. I had the procedure on both hips. Worked well for me. No cutting, hospital stay, rehab or increased chance of a stroke. The cost is less expensive than a full hip replacement
in Hamden, CT |
I have already been referring Dr. Tortland to family and friends. He is very understanding and very experienced in his field.
Yorktown Heights, NY |
Dr Tortland was supposed to do nerve hydrodissection to release nerves relating to pelvic pain. I have MORE nerve entrapment and tissue buildup as a result of his work. One area he injected was near the groin. His injections affected the nerves in my abdomen and my digestive system. I now have severe labia pain and severe abdominal pain. For weeks afterwards I was vomiting. Two times, I went to the ER. Seven months later, I have more pelvic pain than I had before. He has yet to return my calls.
I'm very sorry that this patient feels this way. She consulted MANY physicians, NONE of whom could identify the source of her pain or treat it. She continued to ask for my help for over a year. Nothing that I tried helped, but did it NOT make her worse. In her last e-mail to me (3/8/17) she wrote the following: "Thank you, Dr Tortland. I appreciate your time in responding to my emails. I know you had my best interests in mind as you were treating me. Thank you. I wish you the best, (name)"
in South Windsor, CT |
Dr. Tortland is great! I have a ruptured disc in my lower back which caused nerve damaged in my right leg. I have been taking medicine for pain management for a couple of years which was prescribed by a different doctor. I fully expected Dr. Tortland to renew my prescription and send me on my way....but he didn't. He truly does want to fix my problem!! He is compassionate and genuinely interested in helping me with my concern. I would highly recommend him.
in Groton, CT |
One of the most knowledgeable, thorough doctors I've ever dealt with. Helped me with persistent low back issues that no one else I saw could help with. Have personally referred several new patients, all who have come back with positive experiences. Takes the time to explain options and mechanics of proposed treatments.
in Fairfield, CT |
Dr. Tortland is a compassionate doctor that both my teenage son and I felt could provide the regenerative therapy we were seeking as an alternative to surgery. Because he's unaffiliated with any company, he embraces and incorporate cutting edge solutions into treatment protocols that deliver superior outcomes while lessening invasiveness and patient time in the office. He was clear, patient, answered all our questions, and did the most thorough clinical evaluation of all four doctors we saw.
in Kingston, NY |
I chose Dr. Tortland because of his knowledge, experience and techniques in the stem cell therapy field. He made me feel comfortable and explained everything. His assistants were great.
in Kingston, NY |
I was in pain for years with a deteriorating left hip. Dr. Tortland gave me a Prolozone injection that relieved the pain and followed up with a combination fat cell and stem cell injection He is one of the most professional and caring Dr I have ever met. He is using state of the art treatments and is a true pioneer in this new treatment process. I would highly recommend him for anyone trying to avoid surgery.
in Simsbury, CT |
Highly recommend! I went to see Dr. Tortland for a partial ACL tear. The treatment we decided on was a PRP injection. The staff was very friendly and informed. Dr. Tortland spent as much time with me as i needed to feel comfortable with the procedure. The day of was a breeze and pain free. I was really impressed, had a great experience and am on the road to recovery. Im a very active person and someone that understands me was very important. I would recommend this procedure and the Doc to anyone
Have you seen Dr. Paul Tortland, DO?

Visit Dr. Tortland