Dr. Paul Tortland, DO

Dr. Paul Tortland, DO

Regenerative Medicine  |
Dr. Paul Tortland, DO is a regenerative medicine doctor who practices in Glastonbury, CT. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 26 years.

59 Sycamore St

Glastonbury, CT 06033

• Anthem
  • Connecticare
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Tortland

Dr. Tortland's Experience

Dr. Tortland's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Regenerative Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice, Family Practice/OMT and Sports Medicine

This content was provided by Dr. Tortland "For me, being a physician is about customer service.  I strive to treat my patients the same way that I would want to be treated myself.

My goal is to identify the source of your pain or injury and then treat it.  I do NOT do "pain management."  I don't want to "manage" your pain - I want FIX your pain!

I use cutting edge approaches to help identify the pain generator.  I then discuss with you the various treatment options available.

I don't give up easily.  But I also won't string you along if we are not making meaningful progress - I'll refer you to someone who may be better able to help you.

Finally, I strongly believe in patient education.  If you do not completely understand what's going on and the treatment(s) that I propose, then it compromises the effectiveness of any treatment.  So a major portion of my role is one of educator, and I'll take the time necessary to explain everything in simple, easy to understand terms."

• Regenerative Medicine

• Hammer Toe
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle

• Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Prolotherapy Injections
  • Prolozone® Injections
  • Sacroiliac Joint Injection
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Stem Cell Therapy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• University of Connecticut
  • Toledo Hospital The
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • University of Connecticut
    Other Education | Completed 1984

Dr. Tortland has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tortland does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tortland and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tortland's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tortland to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Tortland's Performance
Avon, CT |
Started to see Dr. Tortland about 2 years ago after consulting with numerous orthopedic dr's on cartilage loss/damage in both knees. Did a lot of research on regenerative medicine and non-surgical options. Ended up doing a wide range of non-surgical treatments (stem cells, prolozone, PRP, sinvisc one) and back to running. Highly recommend and great staff.
in Manchester, CT |
If not for a casual conversation with a relative pertaining to some back issues, I might have never heard of Dr. Tortland. I have nothing but laudatory comments, not only when it comes to Dr.Tortland's amiable disposition, but also his assiduous work ethic. His entire demeanor, especially when he is describing to you, what can and cannot be done, is unparalleled. What impresses me greatly, is the fact that he is not in a hurry to get you out of the examination room.
in Ansonia |
Dr Tortland is amazing at what he does. I have had great results with stem cell and PRP regeneration therapy on both knees. My orthopedic suggested knee replacements 8 years ago when I went in for meniscus surgery. I was totally against knee replacement because you're not getting that bone back after its cut off, and there's also the risk of something not going well. Paul and his staff were very attentive to my needs. The ultrasound guidance makes the procedure essentially painless. A PLUS
in Farmington, CT |
After the first treatment, in less than one week, God absolutely used Dr. Tortland to heal SEVERE DEBILITATING SI pain that my daughter had after spending 2 years of going to many other doctors (10 others, I think), who were spine specialists, rhematologists, MDs, DOs, Chiropractors, Physical therapists, etc! We'd tried everything previously suggested, braces, various pt, cortisone injections, various prescribed meds including narcotics! PRP with Dr. Tortland solved 2 years of misery.
in Avon, CT |
Dr Tortland clearly explained the procedure and the results I may expect. The entire procedure was painless and within a week I was virtually pain free. For six months leading up to the procedure I was in constant pain and found it difficult to walk and perform basic living functions. Previously exercised regularly; running, biking, swimming , 40 years as well as working 12-14 hours a day. The arthritis I had in my hip was debilitating. I am improving daily with no pain.
in Norwich, CT |
I found Dr. Tourtland on the web while looking for cartilage regeneration medical trials. He has a very informative web site that I read and then contacted him by email. To my surprise, I received a reply a few hours later. He reviewed x-rays with me and explained my situation a told me that I work be a candidate for PRP. I had the procedure on both hips. Worked well for me. No cutting, hospital stay, rehab or increased chance of a stroke. The cost is less expensive than a full hip replacement
in Hamden, CT |
I have already been referring Dr. Tortland to family and friends. He is very understanding and very experienced in his field.
Yorktown Heights, NY |
Dr Tortland was supposed to do nerve hydrodissection to release nerves relating to pelvic pain. I have MORE nerve entrapment and tissue buildup as a result of his work. One area he injected was near the groin. His injections affected the nerves in my abdomen and my digestive system. I now have severe labia pain and severe abdominal pain. For weeks afterwards I was vomiting. Two times, I went to the ER. Seven months later, I have more pelvic pain than I had before. He has yet to return my calls.
I'm very sorry that this patient feels this way. She consulted MANY physicians, NONE of whom could identify the source of her pain or treat it. She continued to ask for my help for over a year. Nothing that I tried helped, but did it NOT make her worse. In her last e-mail to me (3/8/17) she wrote the following: "Thank you, Dr Tortland. I appreciate your time in responding to my emails. I know you had my best interests in mind as you were treating me. Thank you. I wish you the best, (name)"
in South Windsor, CT |
Dr. Tortland is great! I have a ruptured disc in my lower back which caused nerve damaged in my right leg. I have been taking medicine for pain management for a couple of years which was prescribed by a different doctor. I fully expected Dr. Tortland to renew my prescription and send me on my way....but he didn't. He truly does want to fix my problem!! He is compassionate and genuinely interested in helping me with my concern. I would highly recommend him.
in Groton, CT |
One of the most knowledgeable, thorough doctors I've ever dealt with. Helped me with persistent low back issues that no one else I saw could help with. Have personally referred several new patients, all who have come back with positive experiences. Takes the time to explain options and mechanics of proposed treatments.
in Fairfield, CT |
Dr. Tortland is a compassionate doctor that both my teenage son and I felt could provide the regenerative therapy we were seeking as an alternative to surgery. Because he's unaffiliated with any company, he embraces and incorporate cutting edge solutions into treatment protocols that deliver superior outcomes while lessening invasiveness and patient time in the office. He was clear, patient, answered all our questions, and did the most thorough clinical evaluation of all four doctors we saw.
in Kingston, NY |
I chose Dr. Tortland because of his knowledge, experience and techniques in the stem cell therapy field. He made me feel comfortable and explained everything. His assistants were great.
in Kingston, NY |
I was in pain for years with a deteriorating left hip. Dr. Tortland gave me a Prolozone injection that relieved the pain and followed up with a combination fat cell and stem cell injection He is one of the most professional and caring Dr I have ever met. He is using state of the art treatments and is a true pioneer in this new treatment process. I would highly recommend him for anyone trying to avoid surgery.
in Simsbury, CT |
Highly recommend! I went to see Dr. Tortland for a partial ACL tear. The treatment we decided on was a PRP injection. The staff was very friendly and informed. Dr. Tortland spent as much time with me as i needed to feel comfortable with the procedure. The day of was a breeze and pain free. I was really impressed, had a great experience and am on the road to recovery. Im a very active person and someone that understands me was very important. I would recommend this procedure and the Doc to anyone
Have you seen Dr. Paul Tortland, DO?

Visit Dr. Tortland