Dr. Paul Stanton, DO

Dr. Paul Stanton, DO

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Paul Stanton, DO is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Colorado Springs, CO.

4110 Briargate Pkwy Ste 300

Colorado Springs, CO 80920

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Stanton

See how frequently Dr. Stanton performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Herniated Disc Surgery
Spondylolisthesis
Spinal Stenosis

Dr. Stanton's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Stanton "Colorado Springs Orthopaedic Group is dedicated to comprehensive, specialized and exceptional patient care. Our subspecialized physicians treat sports injuries, hand and arm injuries, foot and ankle problems, back and neck pain, hip and knee conditions and arthritis. Our onsite services include X-ray, MRI, orthotics and prosthetics, physical and occupational therapy and outpatient surgery. Furthermore, our evening and Saturday hours allow same day appointments for your urgent orthopedic needs."

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Surgery
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• State University Of New York At Fredonia
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Memorial Hospital Of New York
  • San Diego Spine Fellowship
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Stanton has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Stanton does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stanton and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stanton's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stanton to family and friends
Dr. Stanton's Performance
Colorado Springs, CO |
I have been a patient of Dr. Stanton since 2012. I had an appointment recently to go over some concerns I had with my back. After a recent back fusion I started to have the same symptoms again, and that was concerning to me. I felt I had a good patient/doctor relationship with him. The appointment was awful. He talked so fast I couldn't understand, and when I told him he proceeded to make sign language gestures in front of his face, and talked very slow. This is unacceptable from a professional
in Colorado Springs, Colorado |
I am a nurse with past OR experience. I have dealt with low back pain most of my life due to scoliosis. Now at 61, the years have taken a toll. I need to have relief. My surgery is at the end of the month. But i decided to move forward because I felt extremely secure with Dr Stanton in the driver’s seat! He is thorough, efficient, professional in addition to being personable and so very kind. I find everyone at CSOG to be professional and kind. I know I have made the correct choice.
Hi Pam, thank you so much for your positive feedback!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I have had a lower back surgery and am recovering from a cervical fusion. Dr Stanton performed both of them and I am very pleased. The most impressive thing to me is that he listened to me about my extenuating health concerns and considered those when he recommended the procedures.
Colorado Springs, CO |
Timely appointments Professional Kind and caring....
in Colorado Springs |
He was kind gentle,I almost cancelled just because it was back surgery.No regrets,glad I did it was def up and about in no time.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
When my back problems took over my quality of life I knew I needed help. I was having nerve issues (numbing/cold water in leg veins/burning) that scared me. After meeting Dr. Stanton I knew that he was the doctor that could help me. I was not afraid to have the surgery after speaking with him and his staff. They explained what needed to be done and what I could expect. I recommend Dr. Stanton for spine surgery. I trusted him and I am 100% better and its only been 3 1/2 months post surgery.
in Pueblo, CO |
Dr. Stanton has been one of the most caring concerned doctor i have ever had the pleasure of having care for me, hes helped through 2 surgeries one on my back. He is very professional and is always smiling ,and he is very thorough in his diagnosis and he is always sure to explain his diagnosis and has given me options as to that diagnosis and possible treatment scenarios and the outcomes. He will always be my choice of surgeon in this area as i have found him to be an excellent Surgeon .
Thank you for your kind words, Brian!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Fantastic doctor, Dr. Stanton is one of the most caring doctors I’ve ever had. He takes the time you need, to understand the surgery process, from the start to PT. His staff is unbelievable, from scheduling to the PA’s.
Thank you so much, Patricia!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
When I met with Dr. Stanton, his character & professionalism reassured me of putting my life in the right hands. The "fusion" took over 4 hours with discs inserted between five vertebrae, titanium mesh braces & about 10 screws. I slept through the whole thing; felt no pain upon wakening due to medications. Dr. Stanton & his team organized my surgery & follow up way in advance. HAVE NO FEAR of entrusting your spinal corrections & follow through to Dr. Stanton & his amazing medical team.
Thank you so much for your kind words, Kathy!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Amazing Doctor!! He and his PA Aaron couldn't have done anything better. Before my surgery they prepared me. Told me no blood thinners.. Did blood work. Fitted me for my neck brace AND answered all my questions. Told me about the surgery, my recovery, how to lay down and get up the proper way without putting strain on my neck, what to expect every step of the way. I make note of this because my sister had neck surgery twice and her dr didn't do any of this for her. I highly recommend Dr Stanton!
Thank you Marcia, So happy Dr. Stanton could help you!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Stanton was very thorough with explaining the issue that my L4 had slipped and I would need surgery. Like many people I was at first concerned about back surgery. The surgery itself went very smoothly and wore a back brace for 6 weeks. Dr. Stanton said that if I followed his directions I would heal without issue so I LISTENED. After the brace and 6 weeks of therapy I was able to travel to Europe for a trip and had NO issues. 5 months following surgery I was back to all activities.
Hi Rhonda, Thank you very much for your feedback! Dr. Stanton strives to provide the best for his patients. We are very happy you had a positive experience, and hope you will see us in the future, should you need us!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Stanton is a wonderful doctor. He answers questions, explains test results, MRI's and provides all options and treatments available. I trust Dr. Stanton as he is honest and forthright. Dr. Stanton has operated on both my lower spine and my cervical spine. Both surgeries were extremely successful, I'm pain free and able to lead a healthy and active lifestyle.
Hi Alana, Thank you very much for your feedback! Dr. Stanton strives to provide the best for his patients. We are very happy you had a positive experience, and hope you will see us in the future, should you need us!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Stanton identified quickly that I needed a spinal fusion. I was in a lot of pain and running out of options?. I was really nervous about? getting a fusion. He walked me through it and it turned out to be not so bad. I had a c5_c6 fusion. I was out of work for about 3 weeks, but I probably could have been back in two. I am 6 weeks from the surgery and I feel a lot better. Most of the pain in my arm has subsided and I'm getting stronger everyday.
Denver, CO |
After 4 months of misdianogsis and being in extreme paiin Dr. Stanton was able to not only identify but fix my back issue in record time. My appointment was on a Thursday and by Monday of the following week Dr. Stanton completly changed my life by resolving my back issue in a matter of 4 days. . His awesome staff also went above and beyond to work the approval behind the scenes. I highly recommend Dr. Stanton to anyone considering back surgery. He and his staff are the best!!!!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Extremely friendly and patient. He always took time to answer all my questions and concerns, especially when it came to the decision about surgery. The surgery was as he described and went extremely well. Before the surgery, I was struggling to walk a block or stand for more than 30 seconds without pain. I woke up from surgery with no leg pain and have continually gotten better. A life changing event for the positive for me for sure!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Amazing doctor! I had never had any surgeries and was very nervous. He explained everything and was very patient. He even managed to find me an earlier date to facilitate a trip I had scheduled. I have had immediate improvement. If I'd known how much better I would feel I would not have suffered with back pain for years like I did. My MT was amazed at how nicely my incisions have healed. She said she sees many that are rough and lumpy where mine are smooth.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I had a laminectomy at L4-5 3 years ago and had NO pain or recurring symptoms until last fall. The doctor who performed that surgery has since left practice in Colorado Springs and his office (CSNA) failed miserably when I attempted to get a reexamination after waiting 20 minutes on hold. Their scheduler was extremely rude, so I said, "NO WAY" will I continue going to this practice. I'm GLAD I changed offices. I am 9 days post fusion with Dr. Stanton and couldn't be MORE PLEASED!! EXCELLENCE!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Stanton, his PA Aaron and medical staff are caring, amazing and kind providers. They alleviated my fears and answered all my questions before and after my lumbar spinal fusion.
Calhan, CO |
Dr. Stanton recommended that I have a lumbar fusion. I was terrified to have the surgery done so I waited for one year till I was ready. The surgery was a success. I am so happy that I did the surgery. I am now pain free. If you need to have a lumbar fusion I would highly recommend that you have Dr. Stanton do the procedure.
in Colorado Springs, Colorado |
I would highly recommend Dr. Stanton to all my friends and family! I recently had back surgery and my consult appointment was the most professional and mind easing appointment a person in my position could as for. It's been 7 months since the procedure and as promised, I feel amazing!!! Thank you Dr Stanton! The quality of care I have received is phenomenal.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very helpful explaining my procedure. Took time to listen to me and answer my questions. I have much confidence in Dr. Stanton and am grateful for his skills and service.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Every aspect of the surgery and recovery went just as described by Dr Stanton if not better.
in Black Forest, colorado |
I had an excellent experience . Life changing for the better.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I was both surprised and nervous to have back surgery. However, from my first appointment with Doctor Stanton, I was reassured by his competency, caring and support. He truly wanted me to feel better and was certain he could get me there. And he did. He successfully got approval from my comp carrier and gave me top notch care. The procedure went very well and healing has been exceptionally easy and successful. I would recommend Stanton to everyone and anyone. He is quite superb!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Excellent Doctor very informative and great bedside manner. The sutgery went well and I feel wonderful.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Stanton explained surgery in an understandable way. He listened to my symptoms & explained how the surgery would improve my symptoms. I would definitely see him for future problems if they occur. I would refer him to family or friends.
Very helpful and attentive
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Excellent Doctor. Doctor Stanton and his staff provides wonderful service. I am totally pain free!!!!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Clear explanations, answered questions, surgery alleviated the pain
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Outstanding care and concern for me and my individual issues. Explained everything in detail but in ways I could understand.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I have been suffering with back pain for over 5 years. When I saw Dr. Stanton he was certain he could help. I was anxious about the thought of back surgery, but was at a point where my quality of life was below average. Dr. Stanton performed two surgeries to repair my back. I am beyond thrilled with the results. I can not say enough about what a wonderful experience it was. Dr. Stanton is absolutely the best!!
in Woodland Park, CO |
Dr Stanton has a very calming effect on me. Wonderful "bedside" manners. He explains everything in terms anyone can understand. He answered all my questions with patience.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Stanton is a professional with whom I had the opportunity and pleasure to get to know when I needed back surgery for spinal stenosis, herniated discs and arthritis problems associated with my spine. From the very beginning he was easy to communicate with, and I could tell he was genuinely concerned about my welfare. After surgery the back pain I had been experiencing for years was completely gone, and I am once again back to normal and enjoying life to its fullest. Thank you, Dr. Stanton!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Stanton is amazing! He is professional, caring and willing to listen to my concerns. He explained all aspects of my spinal surgery and what to expect during and after surgery. He has changed my life and the quality of my life immensely. I would recommend Dr. Stanton to anybody that may need spinal surgery.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Excellent, considerate, informative, I always new what he was doing and why. My surgery was an absolute success. And
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Stanton was extremely professional and kind. I had a wonderful experience with him and his entire staff. Many doctors don't take someone as young as myself with chronic back pain seriously, I never had an issue with Dr. Stanton. I am so thankful I ended up seeing him!
in Nathrop, co |
He is wonderful, great surgeon and got me back to my active lifestyle.
in Buena Vista, CO |
He is an excellent surgeon. I had very little plain afterwords. It was the easiest surgery I ever had.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Awesome experience. He was able to remove my fragmented disk material from around my siactic nerve with minimal trauma, therefore I was able to get off all Ned's post op in an week. And, my rehab took only four weeks to meet all objectives
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Very good bedside manner. Best surgeon ever. Genuine caring person. I haven recommend him to several people.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I exhausted all options for pain relief on my back before I had surgery. The day after Dr Stanton performed surgery I had zero leg nerve pain! I should have had surgery long ago, I haven't felt this good in years!! Thank You Dr Stanton!!
in Manitou Springs, CO |
Such a great doctor and really takes the time to answer questions. I can tell he honestly cares about my well being, which is so great! I highly recommend Dr. Stanton.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Fantastic interaction with Dr. Stanton from the moment I met him. A great listener, patient to help me understand all I wanted to know.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Stanton is an expert at his craft. He has a confidence in his work that made me relax about my situation and trust that my outcome would be the best it could be for my particular age, fitness level, etc. Dr. Stanton also treats patients with dignity and compassion. I felt as if he treated me as he might treat his mother. It is a rare combination to find a Dr. who has such expertise as well as sincerely caring for each patient. I felt confident about my surgery and approached i without fear .
in Monument, Co |
Dr. Stanton and his staff do an absolutely wonderful job. I had minimal pain after surgery and do not have anymore severe nerve pain in my legs. I would highly recommend!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Awesome Doctor. This surgery changed my life. My wife and I are so grateful. I've gotten my life back.
in Peyton, CO |
Dr Stanton is very thorough in explaining the surgery procedures. I no longer have the excruciating neck pain. I have a high level of trust of him. I am so happy that he has helped me. He is one of the nicest, caring and friendliest Doctor I've ever been to. I would return to Dr Stanton if or when I need lower back surgery.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
He listens and works with you
Superb experience. I feel 100 % better
in Colorado Springs, CO |
A plus results from the surgery. Dr. Very nice with a good bedside manner.
Have you seen Dr. Paul Stanton, DO?

See our Orthopedic Spine Surgery Specialists at Penrose-St. Francis Health Services

Visit Dr. Stanton