Dr. Paul Schmidt, MD

Neurology | Male

St Cloud Neurology 451 SW Bethany Dr Ste 101 Port St Lucie, FL 34986 Get Directions
Dr. Paul Schmidt, MD
Dr. Paul Schmidt, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Port St Lucie, FL. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Schmidt is affiliated with St. Lucie Medical Center and Martin Medical Center.

Dr. Schmidt's Experience

See how Dr. Schmidt's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schmidt

Dr. Schmidt accepts 16 insurance carriers

Dr. Schmidt is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Schmidt has admitting privileges.

Dr. Schmidt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schmidt to family and friends
    2.5
    Dr. Schmidt's Performance
      GOOD
      GOOD
    Port Saint Lucie, FL |
    I have been a patient of Dr. Schmidt for years. I would never change neurologists. He has always helped me, managed my diagnosis, help me understand each condition and he has been there for me when ever I need him. He has a very calm demeanor and help calm me when I am worried and upset. He is a hard working man with very demanding hours. His staff is just as supportive as he is. I will recommend Dr. Schmidt to my family and friends. Thank you so much Dr. Schmidt!
    in Palm City, FL |
    Truly the worst neurologist ever.
    Worst experience ever. Seeing him in the hospital was even worse. Let me break it down for you, he has no clue in anything that has to do with neurology, his staff has nothing to do with managing an office.
    Port Saint Lucie, FL |
    saw him for the first time in the hospital. He was friendly and efficient. Went to see him at his office for a follow up appt and was extremely pleased.
    in Fort Pierce |
    If there is a price for the worst neurology clinic and staff in the area, his clinic will win that prize.
    in Port Saint Lucie, FL |
    I have been seeing Dr. Schmidt since 2016. He is a very kind doctor and cares about patients. Even though I'm a complex case, he listen and makes suggestions. I see him when I feel I need to and the office staff is friendly to me. Never had an issue
    Everything about my office visit was awkward, from the front desk, meeting the office manager who has no time to speak to you and finally meeting the doctor who did not seem interested in listening to anything I have to tell him. This was clearly a waste of my whole day.
    NEVER AGAIN! I waited two hours for him the first time, I was late 5 minutes the second time, and he refused to see me. Anyway, I am glad I m not seeing him anymore, it was a big waste of my time.
    Palm City, Florida |
    Why do I need to leave any star if he deserves NONE! He can not even answer any questions my mother had for him for her headaches. He did not seem interested in listening anyway.
    Port St Lucie, Fl |
    He did some test called emg, I got his report and he had no clue what he wrote and what he wanted me to do. He said I need spinal tap, then he said I need biopsy for my nerve and muscle. Obviously, he had no clue whatsoever. That is when you know you need to find someone else with better training. One star is too much for him.
    Port Saint Lucie, FL |
    Dr schmidt is a very knowledgeable dr and makes sure he does everything he can to help. His staff are very friendly and understanding and try to do the best they can as they have many patients to help out also. I understand this fully as I also work in the medical field. Not sure why other people would say any different. I think treating others as you would like to be treated is a main factor as I have seen some people be very rude to the girls in the office as they are doing their best
    in Port Saint Lucie, FL |
    Not sure why so many people have trouble. I feel like they are talking about another person. Dr. Schmidt and his staff are always friendly and try to help as much as possible. He did an amazing job helping to figure out what was wrong with me.
    in Port st lucie, FL |
    Basically feel I've waisted months of my time trying to find a solution for my pain. The staff seems to have no clue what they are doing. Ive waisted months just trying to get an mri authorized. No follow up and messages are not returned from staff. I work in the medical field and the lack effort from this office is mind blowing. I want a dr and environment that is friendly and cares about the patient, not to feel like just another copay to collect. My advice to others, find another neurologist!
    in Port Saint Lucie, FL |
    I have read the other reviews and I'm a little shocked. I think he's a great doctor, very easy to talk to, andfrom my first visit he is really trying to figure out what the heck is going on with me
    Have you seen Dr. Paul Schmidt, MD?
    Are you Dr. Schmidt?

Dr. Schmidt's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
    •  Board certified in Neurology

Dr. Schmidt has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Schmidt's Board Certifications

• Essential Tremor
    • Hydrocephalus
    • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
    • Insomnia
    • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
    • Myasthenia Gravis
    • Syncope
    • Tension Headache
    • Thrombosis
    • Torticollis
    • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
    • Tremor

University Hospital Newark

Completed in 1994

Emg & Neuromuscular Disease

Completed in 1995

Dr. Schmidt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schmidt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology