Dr. Paul Salinas, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Frisco Spine at Plano 4461 Coit Rd Ste 405 Frisco, TX 75035 Get Directions
Dr. Paul Salinas, MD
Dr. Paul Salinas is a spine fellowship-trained neurosurgeon and founder of Frisco Spine. He is a native of the Dallas area who returned to the region after his extensive training, successfully initiating the Frisco Spine project. Frisco Spine has grown since, and it has proudly become the home of a group of highly skilled neurosurgeons and neurosurgery physician assistants. Dr. Paul Salinas has been in practice as a physician since 2000 after graduating The University of Texas Houston Medical School, followed by a neurosurgery residency at the University of Texas medical branch in Galveston Texas completed in 2008. He subsequently accomplished a Neuro-Oncology fellowship at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston Texas before heading over to Los Angeles California for his spine surgery fellowship, which he completed at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Institute for Spinal Disorders in 2009. His areas of expertise include minimally invasive and complex surgical procedures for the treatment of degenerative disc disease, disc herniation, spinal stenosis, spinal deformities, and spine tumors. He also specializes in the treatment of intracranial and brain disorders including brain and skull base tumors, hydrocephalus, hemorrhagic strokes, and traumatic injuries. His precise and skilled techniques allow patients for a prompt perioperative recovery leading to remarkable outcomes. Dr. Salinas' main goals are always focused on meeting and exceeding patient's expectations including an accurate diagnosis and appropriate nonsurgical and surgical treatment plans. His treatment alternatives are always oriented towards preserving and recuperating the patient's ability to return to their expected lifestyle. His multiple hospital affiliations allow for inclusive and comprehensive neurosurgical coverage north of the Metroplex, especially serving the Frisco area.

Dr. Salinas' Experience

See how Dr. Salinas' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Salinas

Dr. Salinas accepts 45 insurance carriers

Dr. Salinas is now accepting new patients
Frisco Spine Center4461 Coit Rd Ste 405
Frisco, TX 75035
(972) 377-9200Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Salinas has admitting privileges.

Dr. Salinas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Salinas to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Salinas' Performance
Aubrey, TX |
I've had Dr Salinas for a little over two years and he has taken great care of me with all the issues I've experienced with my neck and my back. He's continuing to try to figure out why I'm not getting better. His office staff is absolutely great. His new office is absolutely beautiful and spacious. I would recommend dr. Salinas to my friends because he actually honestly cares about you and tries his best to fix you whatever your condition is.
in Biloxi, MS |
Dr. Salinas and his staff worked with me and my schedule so I could get the care I needed for my lower back. I am more aware of what is wrong with my back and treatment options after seeing him. This has been a great experience so far and I hope to get my back to were I can be more active. Highly recommended this doctor and staff for chronic back pain.
Lewisville, TX |
Dr. Salinas was recommended by a family member. He had performed surgery that went very well. He is very friendly yet professional. He works tirelessly, starts his day early and looks and acts like he just started his day after 12 hours. I have complete trust in him.
in Arlington, TX |
Dr. Salinas is a very good doctor who has shown great concern for my health care needs, he ask lots of questions about my situation and also has a caring staff.
Plano, Tx |
Would not recommend this practice. Everything from scheduling, to their hour long paper work to meeting the Doctor extremely time consuming. And the doctor is in and out, not spending enough time to understand patient complaints. NOT GOOD. If I could rate this less an a 1 star I would.
?, ? |
Their staff messed up my appointment and when I finally showed up, they asked to re-schedule, simply because paperwork "takes an hour". Seriously?! They claimed they called me for reminders and left a voicemail, but they called only 30 minutes before I came in. I had to drive all the way from Dallas only to be rescheduled AGAIN! Worst service ever! Don't trust their staff and certainly not their service! My daughter had to miss school and they refused to give her a doctors' note! How horrible!
The Colony, TX |
Fabulous staff and facility! They take the time to listen to you and you're needs and come up with a plan just for you. I cannot say enough good things about my visit!!!
Frisco, TX |
Dr. Salinas was in and out of my room within 3 min. He asked me one question and to point to where it hurt. Then he immediately told me I need surgery by trying to scare me saying I would cause major nerve damage and drop foot if I didn't get the surgery. Got an opinion with a well respected Chief of Neurosurgery at Baylor Dallas. Don't need surgery. He told me my condition is no where near severe enough and it would have been a mistake. Get a second opinion if you see Dr. Salinas. Please.
Frisco, TX |
For a routine Kyphoplasty, there were several stitches and pain that has lasted for weeks.
in Dallas, TX |
I have seen 6 doctors concerning the many conditions I have and Dr. Salinas is the first doctor that finally wants to find out the real problem and wants to find out the real issue. He is honest with me and willing to work with me! I am excited about my future working with him and his staff!
in Denton, TX |
I went to Dr. Salinas after MRIs showed cervical stenosis. When he examined me, he concluded, correctly, that my symptoms were too severe for the problems to just be the stenosis. He admitted me to Centennial Medical where I was subsequently diagnosed with Guillain-Barre Syndrome. I AM FOREVER GRATEFUL TO DR. SALINAS for helping me to get better.
in Rowlett, TX |
He listens to your complaints about symptoms and then does every thing he can to help. He explains in detail what needs to happen and then let's you the patient think about the options and decide. Seems he always has an alternate plan if things don't work out. Very attentive.
Dallas, TX |
My mom has been in the hospital with a broken c2 for 6 days and he still has not felt The need to contact any family. He also Didn't feel the need to get out of bed or even send a pa to see her in the emergency room until late the following day.
in Sachse, TX |
Physician did not thoroughly explain procedure and the post-operative pain the patient would have Patients pain was not addressed by physician post-operatively Physician did not speak to family member post surgery to explain the patients prognosis Physician never spoke to family or patient during hospital stay Patient was seen by PA on day one who explained procedure and ordered pain medication There is a severe disconnect between the physician and the hospital staff - little or no communication
in Little Elm, TX |
Very pleased with Dr. Salinas and would recommend him with no reservations.
Frisco, TX |
dr Salinas is a top neurosurgeon who explains every detail of what is going to happen and what to do in future
The Colony, TX |
Would recommending Dr Salinas to all my friends because he told me directly what was wrong with me and told me how he could help me feel better and what was some things he could not help but could help me slow my problems. He tells it like he could do and not what he thinks I WANT TO HEAR. Scheduling will when I AM READY JUST CALL AND HE WILL BE READY.I feel could to know he is my Doctor. WM F DAVIS NEW PATIENT.
in McKinney, TX |
He was great. Very caring about his patients
in Sherman, Texas |
The staff was welcoming and very knowledgeable. Dr. Salinas thoroughly explained the procedure I would expect.
in Bonham tx |
I ve already recommend him to numerous people
in McKinney Texas |
Dr Salinas and his staff at Frisco Spine are amazing!! They all are the best!
Have you seen Dr. Paul Salinas, MD?
Are you Dr. Salinas?

Compare Dr. Salinas

Dr. Salinas says...

Dr. Salinas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus

Completed in 2009

M D Anderson Cancer Ctr

Completed in 2005

Univeristy of Texas Medical Branch-Galveston

Dr. Salinas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Salinas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic