Dr. Paul Puziss, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 76

Dr. Puziss

Puziss Orthopedics/Shoulder clinic of Portland

3800 Sw Cedar Hills Blvd Beaverton, OR 97005

Dr. Paul Puziss, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Beaverton, OR. He is affiliated with Providence St. Vincent Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Puziss to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Affiliated with Providence St. Vincent Medical Center Portland, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Oregon

Check Dr. Puziss' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Puziss' conditions and procedures:

• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Bunion
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Spina Bifida
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy

Dr. Puziss accepts

Dr. Puziss accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Puziss' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Puziss

4.0

Dr. Puziss?
  • Listened & answered questions (40)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (39)
  • Explained conditions well (39)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (9)
  • Long wait times (9)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (9)
I visited Dr. Puziss April 2019 and needed another appointment. I made the appointment and had to cancel twice, which I did ahead of time. I was told that there would be a $1300.00 charge for each cancellation. First time I cancelled, I had strep throat and fever. Second time I acquired a very severe case of shingles. I was shocked because I have never had this happen before. I was told to come in anyway with my shingles, which were very painful. Dr Puziss obviously did not care about my discomfort, just what money he could make by me going there. I have never heard of a doctor trying to charge so much for an appointment change request for a legitimate reason. I had my son take me to my doctor the first moment I noticed the shingle out break and was given a prescription immediately. I was asked if I had gone to a doctor for the shingles as if I were lying. At this point, if Dr. Puziss gave me $1300.00, I would not go to see him.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Ann Odom – Jan 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Puziss, MD?
Very attentive and caring. Never in a rush and the best memory when it comes to not only your medical condition but your personal life that you share with him as well no matter how long it’s been since you’ve seen him. His staff is fantastic and very accommodating to the best of their ability. I have been to the office multiple times and for the first time I actually enjoy going to the doctor!
Stacy S. – Jun 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Puziss, MD?
I saw Dr. Puziss for a shoulder injury after having a bad experience elsewhere with another orthopedic doctor who blindly misdiagnosed the severity of my injury. By contrast, I had a very pleasant experience with Dr. Puziss. He has years of experience in orthopedics and is a straight-shooter, doesn’t mess around with unnecessary treatment or therapy that prolongs a patient’s suffering. He’s passionate about orthopedics and helping his patients-not only finding the source of the problem but also finding the best method of treatment to ensure the best and long-term results. He also is compassionate and instills a holistic approach in his care of patients.
Kelli P. – Feb 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Puziss, MD?
I saw Dr. Puziss for an evaluation. He was very thorough. I was not impressed with receptionist although she was all business.
Keizer, OR – Nov 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Puziss, MD?
I saw Dr. Puziss after my car accident and he was thorough from the beginning to the end. He took the time to really help me feel better. He examined me and did the proper treatment for me. He was transparent, very knowledgeable, and cares about his patients. I feel blessed to know I have a great doctor who cares for me every single step of the way. I will recommend him to anyone and he will really take good care of you.
Ibrahim – Feb 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Puziss, MD?
Needed to retire long ago. Crabby, rude, borderline mean. Uses words to describe your medical problem like "that's weird." Entire staff is rude and indifferent. Wasted my time and money guilt-tripping me over my severe pain. I couldn't sleep at night for 2 years. Any position I tried to sleep in was brutally painful. He didn't care. Treated me like a junkie even after I paid 4K out-of-pocket to get stem cell injections he referred me out for. Finally went to OHSU. They replaced my joint.
Feb 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Puziss, MD?
Doctor Puziss is the most caring doctor I have ever had. He listen to everything you say he does not make you feel rushed and he does everything he can to make sure you get the best treatment. If it was not for him I would not have hope. Thank you doctor for everything
Portland, OR – Feb 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Puziss, MD?
I've been to Doc just 1 time for both shoulders in pain. We got there way too early and was seen on time. Doc was going back and forth to other patients while waiting for x rays to be done. I don't have a problem waiting for a busy Doctor. He doesn't rush you (like in NJ) and we came up with a treatment plan. Office workers and Medical Assistant were very courtesy, and Professional. Unfortunately the Shot in my shoulder didn't help so on to plan b reverse surgery. My RC Tendons are poor.
Barry A. Perlmutter in Cornelius OR – Jan 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Puziss, MD?
i am a physical therapist who began my training at St. Vincent's hospital in portland.. I treated a patient of Dr. Puziss . If you want someone who in innovative and very smart go to this fellow. Dr. Puziss is a "problem solver" of the first rank.
jeanne Powrie in PORTLAND – Nov 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Puziss, MD?
Dr. Puziss is a caring and knowledgable physician. He is excellent at diagnosing an ailment as well as offering alternative treatments. His staff is first rate. They are professional and courteous.
Donna D in Portland, OR – Jul 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Puziss, MD?
After a year of horrible and unhelpful doctors, Puziss was the one to ever really listen to me and diagnose my problem. He is incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. If you have a shoulder problem, he is definitely your go-to doctor. Highly recommend.
Kesondra in Vancouver, WA – Jun 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Puziss, MD?
I was referred to Dr Puziss for a rotator cuff issue which was not improving with physical therapy. I also had collar bone pain. My entire experience with both the doctor and his staff has been nothing but positive. Dr. Puziss is very knowledgeable, yet modest. He listens carefully about your symptoms and proceeds conservatively. He and his staff prevailed with my insurance co. in getting approval for a MRI. Most importantly, he resolved my pain and restored the range-of-motion in my shoulder.
Bill F in Portland, OR – Jun 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Puziss, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Puziss for 4 years for a Workman Comp injury. He is an excellent Dr. who truly cares and tries to get you back to 100% health again. He is very knowledgeable with Workman Comp and I would recommend him to anyone especially if they have a W/C claim because he will fight for you. His staff has always been very professional and friendly, I would definitely recommend him to any one. He is a great Dr.
Pam in Sisters, OR – Jun 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Puziss, MD?
I have visited Dr. Puziss periodically for over 10 years. He is one of the few orthopedic doctors that I have come across who doesn't jump to surgery as the cure for everything. I appreciate his interest in my entire health and not just the broken (or strained) part. He is experienced and insightful. Sometimes I wait a little while for my turn, but that's okay. I have seen and experienced a great deal of caring in the way he treats me and his other patients. Highly recommended.
Christine in West Linn, OR – Jun 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Puziss, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Puziss since January of 2016. Since then, my condition has improved and I am able to enjoy life pain free. I also want to express the wonderful experiences I have had with Dr. Puziss and his staff during my scheduled visits. Dr. Puziss and his staff took that extra step to assess my needs and were very courteous towards me. It has been a pleasure to have a doctor who cares about his patients and their needs. I would highly recommend Dr. Puziss to friends & family.
Renea Ly in Portland, OR – May 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Puziss, MD?
I have been seeing DR Puziss for about 2 1/2 years due to a work injury and he is very caring, awesome and professional DR, who is willing to fight for your treatment needed for your health. I would recommend him to my family and friends.
Brad Merrill in Vancouver, WA – May 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Puziss, MD?
Best Doctor I ever had. He absolutely knows everything about how to travel the complicated road of workman comp. I highly recommend anybody with an on the job injury to contact him.
John C. in Portland, OR – May 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Puziss, MD?
Dr. Puziss and his staff have always been very professional and courteous. I would recommend him to all my friends and relatives.
Chris Jubb in Vancouver, WA – May 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Puziss, MD?
I would tell anyone and everyone to go see Dr. Puziss. He is a very caring physician. He wants to know and do all he can to make your life better. I have never had a doctor fight for me before. And when I told Dr. Puziss that, he said you deserve it and I am glad I can help you.
Pamela Porter in Depoe Bay, OR – May 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Puziss, MD?
This is a doctor that will work for the comp people at your expense. Beware of this doctor if you are working with your union guy. Coby J. Linda S. I'm sure there are more names. This doctor talks with union affiliates before hand and will not speak or see you till you have provided your personal insurance. In turn,your responsible for the work injury from that point on.Maybe not a bad doctor,but certainly a conspiracy between Dr.and Postal union guy COBY.can't use personal ins.$$$$$
Oregon – Jan 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Puziss, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Puziss?

To provide excellent care to all from a doctor who listens.

1977