Dr. Paul Porter, MD

Dr. Paul Porter, MD

Internal Medicine  ·
Dr. Paul Porter, MD is an internal medicine specialist in Portland, TN and has been practicing for 33 years. He graduated from East Tennessee State University/James H Quillen College Of Medicine in 1982 and specializes in internal medicine and emergency medicine.

934 S Broadway St # 3

Portland, TN 37148

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
  • NGS CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Porter

This content was provided by Dr. Porter "As a general primary care internist, I try to provide all my patients basic health care needs. I believe healthy lifestyle and preventive medicine are the foundation to good health. Our aim is to treat each individual with respect and fairness. If specialized care is needed then those referrals are made but we will remain in a gate keepers role to coordinate care. Our practice is ranked high in quality and low in cost of overall healthcare."

• Emergency Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Florida College
  • University Of Ar Med Scis
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1983
  • University Of Ar Med Scis
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985

Dr. Porter has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Porter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Porter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Porter's Reviews

4.3
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Porter to family and friends

Dr. Porter's Performance

Dr. Porter is a very good physician. He is understanding and listens very well. I admire Dr. Porter as a doctor; however I left his care. I was not a very good patient. I am responsible for the problems I had in his care. He handled things very professionally. Later I had my thyroid removed...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Saying Dr. Porter is my family doctor would be an understatement. He cares for every single one of my family members. Very caring, professional, and patient oriented physician. He takes his time with each office visit and listens to what I have to say. He explains any new medications he might want...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
False diagnosis. Nursing staff is horrible. Sent to wrong specialist caused by nurses. Told I was a diabetic when my A1C was barely in the prediabetic range. Told I needed to lose weight quickly and could lose up to 30 pounds in three months if I purchased into their food program but came back...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option1

ADA criteria for diabetes dx is any of 3 things present. FBS 125 plus, A1C 6.5 plus, or BS 200 plus. All 3 do not have to be present. Congratulations "John", 30# wt. loss usually results in improved numbers. You were not told you "had to lose weight quickly." Healthy Life style changes resulting in weight loss is preferred. Best of luck in you reaching and sustaining that goal.

Always take time to visit along with treating. He never gets in a hurry to rush his patients through. My wife and I have been treated by him for more than twenty years now.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0