Dr. Paul Pollice, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Paul Pollice, MD

Dr. Paul Pollice, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Allentown, PA. He is 50 years old. Dr. Pollice is affiliated with St. Luke's Hospital - Bethlehem Campus, Gnaden Huetten Memorial Hospital, Palmerton Hospital and Saint Luke's Miners Memorial Hospital.

...See Less

Dr. Pollice's Care Philosophy

I am a firm believer that the well-being of my patients always come first. My patients describe me as "a physician who really listens and cares about them."

Dr. Pollice's Experience

See how Dr. Pollice's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Pollice

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Pollice has admitting privileges.

Dr. Pollice's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pollice to family and friends
    3.7
    Dr. Pollice's Performance
    in Lehighton, PA |
    In my opinion he has a God complex. He may be a very good surgeon, but he is not my choice in a surgeon. His personality is very abrasive. He didn't even take the time to go over my x-rays with me. I will not be returning.
    in Hegins, PA |
    If he tells you that you're still gonna have pain even after he does a total knee replacement, run, don't walk to another doctor because he will make sure that's what happens just so he is right. It has been one year and had 4 months of therapy. My pain is worse than it was before the surgery and my prosthetic clicks and is very lax. So sorry I ever went to him.
    in Center Valley, PA |
    I have been a patient of Dr. Pollice's since 2009, when I had my first hip replacement. I find that he is a caring individual as well as an excellent surgeon who supplied all the information I needed to make decisions on my healthcare. He was also very helpful when the manufacturer recalled the hip implanted. He kept me well informed about everything when the company recalled the hip. He took care of the revision of that hip. I would be happy to refer other people to him & his staff.
    Argued with me about everything I said. Egomaniac is the perfect description for him. He doesnt listen to what you say but zones in on something and just starts to lecture and will not be interrupted to get back to the problem. My surgery was 5 months ago and i expected to be in great shape by now. I still have pain occasionally and difficulty on steps and rising from a seated position. When I tried to tell him I still had pain he tried to convince me it was totally unrelated to my knee.
    in Belvidere, NJ |
    Felt confident with Dr. Police.
    in Emmaus, Pa |
    Dr. Pollice was recommended to me by 4 fellow employees that had gone to him for replacements. I would high recommend him to anyone who needs to have knee replacements.
    in Pennsburg, PA |
    I was a 59 year old, large woman. I had knee surgery in 2014.My experience was excellent. All staff was considerate, Appointments were easy to schedule. I was seen with no more than a 10 minute wait on multiple occasions.The facilities were new, clean and great parking area (valet parking available). After suffering for 15 years, i finally was able to have knee surgery. The results have been great, I have no pain except for mild discomfort with rain. I can now walk my dogs, and go back to work
    in Orefield, PA |
    My experience with Dr Pollice was exceptional. My knee replacement surgeries were both uneventful and comfortable for me. I experienced minimal discomfort and am enjoying a life without pain at every step or movement. I highly recommend Dr Pollice. Everything was explained clearly and comfortably.
    in Coplay, PA |
    I've been using Dr. Pollice for years now. He came highly recommended and I was not disappointed. His knowledge, skills and patient interaction is second to none. He also has a top notch staff to boot...He replaced both of my mother's knees also and she has been living pain free for year. Now my wife has started to see him for her knee issues and I feel confident henough will provide the same consistent care to her. I highly recommend you consider Dr. Pollice...
    in Lehighton, PA |
    I had double knee replacements done by Dr. Pollice. I went into the surgery confident with my decision and my choice of physicians. One year after the surgery, I am completely satisfied with Dr. Pollice, his staff and my outcome.
    in Newtown Square, PA |
    He listened to my concerns about surgery. Dr. Pollice spent a considerable amount of time explaining the alternatives to knee surgery that should be explored first. We started a program of cortisone and viscos-supplement injections. My knee feels significantly better.
    in Allentown, PA |
    I had double knee replacements a year ago and I have had knee pain ever since. On follow up visits Dr Pollice tells me my knees are fine and he doesn't even want to hear any complaints. On my recent visit I tried to explain my pain and he immediately got defensive and verbally accosted me for interrupting him. He promptly told me if I didn't like his diagnosis to see another doctor, which I will do and never recommend Dr Pollice to anyone.
    in Bethlehem, PA |
    It's been 4 yrs since I had a double knee replacement with doctor Pollice. I have not spent a day without knee pain since the surgery. I have difficulty walking, climbing steps and sitting down on the toilet. I lay in bed with knee pain at night. He did not take the time to explain what the procedure was going to entail before surgery. After the surgery, he has no explanation for why my results have turned out so poorly. I was fit before the surgery and still exercise for my limited mobility.
    in PA |
    Dr. Pollice came highly recommended to me and after my initial visit I better understand why. Dr. P did a thorough evaluation, and carefully (and kindly) explained to me appropriate surgical options, answering most of my questions before I even had a chance to ask them. I feel I am in very good hands with Dr. P., which adds greatly to my peace of mind and gives me an optimistic outlook.
    Have you seen Dr. Paul Pollice, MD?
    Are you Dr. Pollice?

Dr. Pollice's Care Philosophy

Dr. Pollice's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Pollice has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Pollice's Board Certifications

• Chondrocalcinosis
    • Clavicle Fracture
    • Coccygeal Pain
    • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
    • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
    • Femur Fracture
    • Internal Derangement of Knee
    • Knee Dislocation
    • Knee Fracture
    • Knee Sprain
    • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Lumbar Spine Fracture
    • Lupus
    • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
    • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
    • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
    • Systemic Sclerosis
    • Wrist Fracture

University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
      Strong Mem Hsp University Rochester

Dr. Pollice does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pollice and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Trauma Surgery