Dr. Paul J. Montalbano, MD

Dr. Paul J. Montalbano, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Neuroscience Associates 6140 W Curtisian Ave Ste 400, Boise, ID 83704 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Montalbano specializes in Neurosurgery and practices in Boise, ID. He practices at 4 locations.

Are you Dr. Montalbano? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Montalbano's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Montalbano's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Neurosurgerynull

No malpractice history found for Idaho.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Montalbano

Dr. Montalbano accepts 6 insurance carriers

6 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Montalbano has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Montalbano

Dr. Montalbano's Review Details
      3.2 based on 92 responses
      Experience with Dr. Montalbano
      Dr. Montalbano's Office & Staff
        16 – 30 minutes (87)
      in Nampa, ID |
      Perhaps one of the most caring Doctors I have ever met. His concern for me as a patient was extra ordinary. Even more astounding was his concern for my wife. He answered every question and informed us of all of the risks and possibilities of the surgery. He made sure that I was aware of everything that was taking place in my behalf. A great physician and a better person.
      in Meridian, ID |
      He did stenosis surgery on me in early 2009 and I was in tremendous pain as soon as the surgery was over. I stayed in 24/7 pain for 5 years and was wheelchair pound. I went back several times asking Montalbano for his help but he would not help me. He keep referring me to a pain specialist. I finally found a surgeon in 2015 that said he could help me. He removed all of Dr Montalbano's Hardware and found a screw logged in a nerve cluster causing all my pain. PS he threatens patients by phone.
      in Boise, ID |
      My surgical experience with Dr. Montalbano was outstanding! He was very thorough and performed the surgery on my back very successfully. Throughout the entire process he listened very well to my concerns and explained the process completely. He is very considerate and patient. I highly recommend Dr. Montalbano. Thank you!! Susanne K. Rayborn
      in Boise, ID |
      After three visits and several other visits to other Neurosurgeons I realized that they look at your condition from a surgical standpoint and some times additional X-rays or an MRI is required to further evaluate your condition. We all want answers and sometimes an answer is not immediately available. He is very thorough and diagnosed a condition that several other doctors had not. He will not do surgery unless it is necessary. Keep these things in mind when you have an office visit.
      in Boise, ID |
      His outcomes are excellent. He does not do unnessary surgery. He has that special ability of giving caring and compassinate attitude. He serioulsly cares about his patients....
      in Meridian, ID |
      Dr. Montalbano did surgery on my lower spine, I had full trust in him since he has done surgery on my sister in law. He answers any questions I have, and has a sense of humor.
      in Nampa, ID |
      would recommend Dr. Montalbano without hesitation - both surgeries I've had couldn't have gone smoother
      in Weiser, ID |
      Dr. Montalbano was great to talk with, did a great job with my surgery and was very professional in every way. I would highly recommend him to my friends and family.
      in Boise, ID |
      100% positive. Excellent surgery outcome. I chose Dr. Montalbano due to his reputation of excellence with other physicians and specialists I know and trust, as well as his positive patient outcomes. I would not consider another neurosurgeon. He is personable, receptive and everything a patient wants in a specialist.
      in Boise , Idaho |
      STOP.... dont even bother Horrible bedside manners very uncaring would never recommend,lies He tells you something and then turns around and said he never said that and you wait forever in waiting area sometimes it's been at least an hour even with scheduled appointments to bust to take time to listen to you
      in Glenns Ferry |
      Dr. Montalbano did three surgeries for me. All three for spinal stenosis. First the neck, than L3,4,&5. A yr. later he had to go back in and secure L2 into the ladder. No doubt, back surgery is rough. But it kept me on my feet instead of in a wheelchair! I have done well, and I thank God for Dr. Montalbano, and the talent he has been blessed with. Thank you, Dr.! I hope to not have to see you again for surgery, but if I do, I will put my trust in your hands.Your staff is also great.
      in Meridian, ID |
      I was 100% satisfied with my neck fusion. I then had to have a complicated Thoracic. Fusion, though it's been a difficult recovery, I am finally starting to regain improvements almost daily. Thank you Dr. Montalbano to you and your excellent staff!
      in Caldwell, ID 83605 |
      I was recommended to him by my GP and I am glad that I took his advice. I have been completely at ease and feel that I can trust Dr. Montalbano in all aspects of treatment. Dr. was quite thorough in explaining all procedures in terms that was easy for me to understand and that allowed me to be more at ease.
      in Boise, ID |
      I saw the Dr. 3 times. He spent a total of 10 mins for 3 visists. The 1st time he was quick because he wanted tests to look at before he discussed my problems. My appt. with him to get my results lasted less than 3 minutes. He had been delayed with surgery and I waited a total of 2 1/2 hours before I was seen. He said I didn't need surgery and he would send me to PT. I believe he was tired and didn't have time for questions. Follow up appt. good. He's very personable but just too fast.
      in Boise, ID |
      Absolutely best back surgeon you could hope for. Put rods the n my back and I was walking within 36 hours. Fantastic hands. Ask anyone who knows back surgeons and they tell you Paul is the best. He is professional and cares for his patients best interest a lot.
      in Boise, ID |
      He reached out to me late in the evening to tell me I had an abocess in my brain while he was covering for other surgeons who were out of town over the holiday. He saw a CT scan I had gotten done earlier that day, called me that evening and I was seen the next day. He ordered additional scans,had me admitted into the hospital and performed surgery. He saw me daily in the hospital and ultimatly cleaned up another surgeons mess and probably saved my life.
      Have you seen Dr. Montalbano?
      Are you Dr. Montalbano? Post a response on your personalized profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Cancer
      • Broken Neck
      • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
      • Cerebral Hemorrhage
      • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
      • Cerebrovascular Disease

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
      • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
      • Herniated Disc Surgery
      • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
      • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
      • Neuroplasty
      • Neurostimulation
      • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
      • Spinal Cord Stimulation
      • Spinal Fusion
      • Spinal Nerve Block
      • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for Idaho.

Northwestern University Medical School

Graduated in 1993

Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center

Completed in 1994

University Of Florida College Of Medicine

Completed in 2000

Loyola University Chicago

Graduated in 1988

Dr. Montalbano has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Montalbano's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Neurosurgery
      • Board certified in Neurosurgery
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Montalbano

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Montalbano's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Montalbano

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients