Dr. Paul I. Meli III, MD

Dr. Paul I. Meli III, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 62 years old

Evidence based medicine.Read more

Dr. Meli III's Experience

See how Dr. Meli III's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Meli III

Dr. Meli III accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Meli III has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Meli III
Dr. Meli III's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (99)
in Deerfield Beach, FL |
I was sent to Dr. Meli for Arthroscopic surgery for 2 tears in my left knee meniscus. His office staff treated me quickly and answered all my questions. Jada his nurse was also very helpful. Surgery was preformed at Holly Cross Outpatient Surgery. My experience there was very good. After surgery I was able to walk without any pain or discomfort and followed all post his op orders. Good JOB and Thank You to Dr. Meli and his staff and his therapist John
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
After 2 years, my leg & knee pain is no better. I should have just moved to a one story home quicker and worn my brace. Nice busy man. Poor results. Indifferent office/staff. Many rounds of P.T. Stay away from The "Joint Center." Just a marketing tool for the hospital.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
While the doctor himself seems to be good, his office, his front desk, the automated telephone system are ALL below par, and is so bad in general as to give the entire practice a Poor rating. They are positively rude at the front desk, will not return phone calls, are brusk and uncaring people. The doctors, while technically good, have no clue about running a practice and caring for patients, seems like a purely money-making operation with little regard for the patient experience.
in Miami Lakes, FL |
Dr. Meli told me that I had no injury to my left knee and that everything looked great. I could not stop hurting and got a second opinion from another doctor. Turns out I had a big problem and needed surgery to repair. I would not recommend Dr. Meli to anyone. Seems like I got scooted away because I was a younger patient that couldn't possibly have a dislocated knee cap. Or maybe because I was a workman's comp case? Either way, not such a great experience.
EXCELLENT RESULTS AND STAFF
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Highly recommend DR Meli because of his down to earth manners, friendliness , and caring of the patient. He also does NOT waste time and is very timely with his patient. All three visits I made for my knee surgery he was very prompt.
in North Lauderdale, FL |
A friend recommended Dr. Meli and I had one visit with him. I left confused and not too happy. It was like he didn't want to answer my questions. Would I ever go back NOOOOO. Here's my question to you...why am I getting a survey now when it's been quite awhile???
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Overall a pleasant experience. No hassles.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Dr Meli explained the problem in detail, then went over possible action to get a solution. Always followed through. I've had great results on both knee scopes.
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Building entrance, and general office appearance, old and outdated. No privacy at reception desk. Long wait time.
in Lauderhill, FL |
Flawless service from Dr. Meli and his staff! My injury was quite traumatic for me, but with such superior service I was able to make the necessary adjustments and get back to normal.
in Margate, FL |
Dr. Meli knew exactly what was wrong with my shoulder and I was able to get the therapy I needed. Thank you.
in Boca Raton, FL |
The best doctor !!!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I arrived to the office with what I was hoping was an injury that would not require surgery. After a very complete set of x-rays and exams I was lucky enough to find my hope to be true. I was referred to an amazing physical therapist who quickly had my rehabilitation on the right path.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
After the last experience my wife and I had with Dr. Meli we wouldn't recommend your offices to anyone. In fact if some one mentions his name I would tell them to RUN FOR THEIR LIFE!!! A lot of people go to Cracker Barrel even though the food is substandard. These are the same people that will keep your practice alive!!!
in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
He did not explain that I would need MONTHS of pt and follow ups that my insurance didn't cover. I was also told by pt and other Dr's, after the fact, that usually just physical therapy would have sufficed. Also, this survey request was sent almost 2 years after my surgery.
in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Horrible. Did not address my problem at all. He walked out of the room as I was speaking cut me off and was very rude. I was only assigned to him for a Workmans comp case so maybe that's why he was required not to treat my back injury as a real issue. Have since gone elsewhere and received excellent care for a very real and painful and persistent problem with my spine.
in Margate florida |
He was great fixed my shoulder. Don't like the area hes,in can't get parking space. To far away from where,I live but hes,great.
in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Meli has performed two arthroscopic surgeries, one knee and one shoulder. Both experiences were well beyond my expectations. Both outcomes continue to amaze and please me. I have already recommended Dr. Meli to friends. His demeanor is just as praiseworthy as his surgical skill.
Provided excellent care
in Pompano Beach, FL |
DR. MELI HAS WORKED ON MY LEFT SHOULDER TWICE MY RIGHT SHOULDER ONCE SCOPED BOTH KNEES AND A FULL REPLACEMENT ON MY LEFT KNEE OVER THE LAST 12 YEARS. HE HAS KEPT MY QUALITY OF LIFE UP,I AM A 62 YEAR OLD PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHER. AND MY ATHLETIC DREAMS STILL GOING FOR YEARS TO COME.. I CONSIDER HIM AS FAMILY. WITH RESPECT AND LOVE. THE ENTIRE OFFICE AND STAFF ARE FANTASTIC.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
My experiences have been complete recovery. I tore tendons in both legs and have full flexibility. I tore a rotator cuff and still shoot in the 80's (that's a golf score for those of you who don't play). Dr. Meli, his staff and his associates are top notch in my book. James G. McCulla
in FT LAUDERDALE FLORIDA |
MY EXPERIENCE WITH DR MELI VERY PROFESSIONAL. I WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM RECOMMENDING HIM TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY.
in FLORIDA |
I was very satisfied and will definitely recommend Dr. Meli again....Dennis Rausch
New York, NY |
Dr.Meli is very confident in his ability and methods; almost to a fault. He doesn't always listen and creates his own idea of how you are feeling despite you saying exactly how you feel yourself. Often seems to be in a rush.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
every thing went great for me, would do it again
in Boynton Beach, FL |
I had a good experience with Doctor Meli.. Doctor Meli reconstructed the ACl in my right knee acceptably well so that I could go back and play the sports I love so much (e.g., Volleyball, Basket Ball and soccer).. Before the surgery, Doctor Meli explained the procedure very well and gave me plenty of time to decide whether or not to have the surgery. I would recommend him to anyone thinking about having an ACL reconstructive surgery.
in Coconut Creek, FL |
Dr Meli is always extremely courteous and professional. Great Doctor. Mandy was also very helpful she's the best. Kudos for keeping her on staff
in Coral Springs, FL |
I've always had a great deal of confidence with Dr. Meli.
in Davie, FL |
The waiting time is acceptable and minimal...treated very friendly yet professional...always a positive experience....enjoy my time with Dr. Meli....he answers all my questions and concerns and gives me very good advice on keeping my complete right knee replacement in shape...fun to talk to but also, very professional....
in Florida City, FL |
I would recommend Dr.Meli to everyone; His compassion and caring approach to taking care of his patients was greatly appreciated by my; in addition, he is extremely knowledgeable in his field and I trust his judgment
I was misdiagnosed about a knee sprain. Was released back to work while still in pain because he said I was ready for full duty. Ended up making it worst that when I started. Didn't listen to me at all.
in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
He basically gave me my life back. I was in constant pain and limped.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
HERE IS A SUMMARY OF MY DEALINGS WITH DR.MELI : HE PERFORMED TWO TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENTS WHICH BOTH BECAME INFECTED IN A MATTER OF WEEKS. THE SECOND INFECTION OCCURED BECAUSE DR. MELI DIID NOT GIVE THE FIRST INFECTION SUFFICIENT TIME TO HEAL.WHEN I TOLD A MEMBER OF HIS STAFF THAT IDIDN'T WANT TO DEAL WITH HIM ANY LONGER THEY RECIPRCATED BY REFUSING TO ANSWER THE PHONE WHEN I CALLED.
in Ft. Lauderdale, FL |
My surgery went very well. Dr. Meli was terrific from the first time I met him until my last follow-up visit. I would and have recommended Dr. Meli.
in Allentown, PA |
Wonderful I had my surgery in Florida but now live in Allentown Pa. I would highly recommend Dr. Meli and his staff.
in pompano beach florida |
I do not recommend medical or financial people to friends or family
in Davie, FL |
DR Meli is highly professional and to the point.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Took a very conservative approach to knee pain and it paid off as problem settled down and no shots or surgery needed.
in Oakland Park, FL |
Very friendly and caring individual. Gives undivided attention to his patients and you tell he genuinely shows concern for the heath and well being of his patients.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
I had two torn rotor cuffs repaired by Dr. Meli, both Knees injected and a serious infection cared for by Dr. Livingston. My experience was one of successful treatment.
in Fort Lauderdale, FL & Auburn, ME |
The best ways to find a truly excellent healthcare provider is to ask that provider who their doctor is - that's me. I have known Dr. Meli for many years. He expertly performed my knee replacement and shoulder repair. When it came time to have my hips replaced he referred me to physicians as caring and excellent as himself. Dr. Meli is current, caring, upbeat, attentive, innovative, honest, and REALLY listens to his patient. I refer my patients, family and friends to Dr. Meli.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr Meli was very helpful and fast to determine the cause and cure for my injury.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Meli was awesome! He explained everything to me each step of the way both pre/post surgery. I would highly recommend him.
in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Davie |
Dr.Meli, was very busy with other patients. Once he came in and spoke with me, he was very nice and concern about my problem. He then let me know that one of his assitant will be in to handle the procedure. Dr. Meli assistant hurt me so bad even after I asked him to stop and he would not, he only said it would be over soon you don't have much so stop acting like a big baby with the crying and screaming. I will NEVER come back nor recommend anyone.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Dr Meli has great bedside manor. I have been to a previous Dr that didn't so Dr. Meli was a welcome surprise. Dr Meli always took his time with me and explained everything he was doing or going to do. I was disappointed when I changed health insurance and had to go with the Market Plan, but Dr. Meli 's office did not accept this insurance.
in Coral Springs, FL |
I went to Dr. Meli to correct a rotator tear surgery that another surgeon failed to adequately perform. While Dr. Meli was not able to accomplish all he had hope, his surgery definitely improved my condition. I have been very pleased with his care.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Meli performed knee surgery for a torn meniscus 17 years ago and have had zero issues with full range of motion since the surgery. Almost 2 years ago now I visited Mili with 3 torn labrum in my left shoulder and torn rotator cuff. He recommended 4-6 week of physical therapy before considering surgery and I am happy to report that I am pain free and work out at the gym with weights 3 times a week understanding my limits and exercises to stay away from at age 44. I tfeel blessed.
in Rockledge, GA |
My multiple Repairs with Dr Paul have gone fantastically well. He has saved my career in an amazingly expeditious manner. Without any hesitation whatsoever, I recommend Dr. Paul Meli for any orthopedic procedure. You will not be disappointed - As Long As YOU handle the Rehab process seriously!
in Deerfield beach florida |
Very understanding. Listen to you. Give you good advice.
Have you seen Dr. Paul I. Meli III, MD?
Are you Dr. Meli III?

Dr. Meli III's Care Philosophy

Evidence based medicine.

Dr. Meli III's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture
  • Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture

Cabrini Medical Center

Completed in 1987

Detroit Rec Hospital And University Health Center

Completed in 1989

Dr. Meli III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Meli III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• ACL Surgery
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.