Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD

Otolaryngology-Head and Neck SurgeryMaleAge 62

Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery

Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD is an Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Specialist in Carson City, NV and has over 33 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Manoukian has extensive experience in Otologic Conditions & Procedures, Upper Respiratory Conditions, and Sleep Apnea. He graduated from TUFTS UNIV SCH OF MED in 1989. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Banner Churchill Community Hospital and Barton Memorial Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD

1493 Medical Pkwy Carson City, NV 89703
Telehealth services available
Telehealth services available

Compare Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD with other Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Specialists near you

Dr. Manoukian's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Manoukian

4.4

I ended up here after problems with my last ENT doctor in Reno. So glad I picked this doctor. He is professional, a nice person, and truly cares about his patients. After lots of testing on my ear and hearing, he decided I needed a Specialist and referred me to a wonderful ENT surgeon in Sacramento who fixed my ear and hearing problems. I will be seeing Doctor Manoukian regularly to have ear wax cleaned from my ears. He has also referred me to a very good Physical Therapist who is working with me on my Vertigo. The best doctors have a wait for new patients but he is worth it. Don't go to anyone else when you can have the best, Dr. Manoukian. I am quite picky with doctors and I am very happy to have found this one.
Sharon – Dec 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD?
My husband and I are both patients of Dr. Paul Manoukian. We obviously see him for different reasons, but we both agree he is fantastic!! We appreciate his listening skills, but most of all we agree he is the most thorough physician we are fortunate enough to have. Everyone is different, and he consistently considers everything you say and thinks outside the box! I would recommend him to anyone without reservation!!!
Susan H. – Oct 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD?
Dr is great!! His staff leaves a lot to be desired! Unanswered voice mails for upcoming surgery & to make payments. Wrong phone numbers on written information. Changed surgery times without notifying patients. All patients need a ride after surgery. Surgery is stressful enough without all the confusion created by his staff. A great dr with a horrible staff
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Aug 29, 2020
Thank you for sharing this. Since 2020 we have...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD?
He is the best diagnostician is our area. He is caring, intelligent, well informed, the best doctor overall. I would trust him with any procedure he thought necessary (and have for over 25 years.)
Jul 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD?
Dr. Mankoukian spent more time and focus talking into his recorder than paying attention to my symptoms or hearing my thoughts on my issues. His staff dropped the ball on allergy testing and never called back to follow through. I felt the visit was a waste of time . Waited 40 minutes past appointment time.
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jun 12, 2020
Patient's have expressed a preference for hearing...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD?
I went to Dr. Manoukian on a referral from my current doctor. Following a required surgery, the outcome from a biopsy was not what I was hoping to hear. In all my interactions with Dr. Manoukian, he has explained every detail involved, always been extremely kind and thoughtful, and put my heart at ease. He has even called me after hours to discuss my health situation and on a subsequent call, to give me positive news. The office staff always very professional and always very welcoming, whether in the office or on the phone. Thank you Dr. Manoukian and the staff at Sierra Nevada ENT.
Patti S. – Jan 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD?
I had a consult for a thyroidectomy. A risk of that surgery is permanent vocal chord damage. Some people have natural vocal chord paralysis that has no symptoms, but leads to increased chance of vocal chord damage from surgery. Dr Manoukian told me I had vocal chord paralysis, thus reducing his liability if anything happened during surgery. The surgeon I chose to do my surgery confirmed that I did NOT have that paralysis. Why did Dr Manoukian need to hedge his bets?
Sep 25, 2019
Thanks for sharing this. Patients have the right...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD?
Dr. Manoukian was very reassuring and kind.
Feb 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD?
After more than 20 years of having sinus problems that wouldn't respond to treatment, I visited Dr. Manoukian. His approach was thoughtful and thorough and his treatment plan resulted in giving me long-awaited relief! He knows his profession and you can trust that you will receive excellent care.
Carson City, NV – Oct 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD?
Dr. Manoukian is an incredibly skilled surgeon. Personable and so knowledgeable. He gives you clear and concise after care instructions. I began seeing him so I could breathe better and his care gave me so much more. My sense of taste and smell is back. Had no idea how much my nose troubles were affecting me overall. His staff are pleasant and efficient. Accessible! I am grateful and truly blessed. THANK YOU!
JoAnn G – Oct 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD?
I had some nodules on my thyroid. Dr. Manoukian and I decided to removed my thyroid and the nodules. Turns out I had cancer. If not for Dr. Manoukian's experience and concern I might not have found out. I would recommend Dr. Manoukian to ANYONE with ear, nose or throat issues. He is through, caring and values patient input.
Becky Mcvay in Fallon, NV – Sep 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD?
Corrected my deviated septum. This guy is literally "the best" in the business. So fortunate he practices in this area!! He is on many hospital boards, fluent in many languages but selected him because of his ENT skill. My airflow blocked for years...finally saw Dr. M and learned about correction procedure. It was quick, easy recovery, and even removing the stints 2 weeks later did not hurt! I had immediate improved air-flow AND my nose looks dramatically better (-: Love this doctor/staff.
Jeanne in gardnerville, NV – Jul 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD?
I wanted to leave positive comments on Dr. Manoukian. No surprised at all the awards he has one for best specialist and caring physician. He takes the time to carefully listen to all your concerns and goes the extra mile to make sure he orders all the correct tests. I would highly recommend him to family and friends.
Carson City – Feb 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD?
I give Dr. Manoukian the strongest and highest recommendation. I saw him for a mass on my neck, he listened carefully to what happened and reviewed the CT scan with me, He described the two most likely diagnoses and scheduled a biopsy - requesting a rush on the results He prepared me for what would happen during the procedure, and possible treatments. His expertise and understanding of the urgent need for timely treatment made the difference in my recovery so far. Great care!
Valerie Z. in Gardnerville, NV – Jan 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD?
Dr. Manoukian is amazing. I took my 3 yr old who was have hearing problems, snoring at night and having a hard time breathing while eating. I was referred to him, diagnosed him and a month later we had tubes placed in ears, Adniods and tonsils removed. The progress my little guy has come is amazing. Dr also called the next day to see how he was. Very knowledgeable. Would highly recommend him.
Johnson's in Fernley, NV – Oct 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD?
I recently had surgery to remove my tonsils and adenoids and a enlarged lymph node in my neck. I was referred to Dr. Manoukian for this surgery. I had read some horror stories about severe nerve damage and partial loss of arm movements as a result of the lymph node removal. I am happy to say the surgery was a success. I have absolutely no nerve damage and have full use of my arm. I am very happy with Dr. Manoukian and his staff and surgery crew. Thank you all..
SUSAN BONHAM in Lovelock, NV – May 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD?
Dr. Manoukian recently performed a tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy on one of our granddaughters. The surgery went well. However, six days later an artery in her throat burst and we had to rush her to the emergency room of a nearby hospital. The emergency room doctor saw that the artery needed to immediately be cauterized. The hospital informed Dr. Manoukian and he drove over 20 miles during a snow blizzard (with police escort) to successfully perform the emergency surgery.
Kathryn Jenkins in South Lake Tahoe, CA – Apr 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD?
Dr. Paul Manoukian is a highly-skilled doctor and a highly-caring human being. In an office visit, he conducts his procedures in a precise and efficient manner. Though obviously on a tight schedule, he does not rush the patient but gives his full attention, asking questions and giving answers in detail until the patient is satisfied. He truly cares about the well being of his patients. He performed my scary-to-me surgery perfectly with no after complications. I highly recommend him.
Diana Miller in Carson City, NV – Mar 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD?
Dr. Manoukian is an excellent physician and a kind, caring individual. I have gone to him for 25 years plus. I reccomend him to anyone seeking care in his field.
Audrey Shirts in South Lake Tahoe, CA – Feb 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD?
I questioned his staff the name of the surgery he was doing and his scheduler didn't know the name or how to pronounce any of it. I asked questions to his nurse about the procedure and she couldn't really explain it to me. I was nervous and called the office to help alleviate my fear and doubts. Next thing I know Dr. Manoukian himself called me today and told me that I had no right to question him or his staff and one week before my scheduled surgery he told me he would no longer treat me.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Gardnerville, NV – Feb 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Manoukian?

SNENT offers care for the full range of pediatric and adult ear, nose and throat conditions, including ear and throat infections, head and neck illnesses,...Read more

You might say Paul Manoukian started on the path to medicine as a young boy exploring biologic diversity in the rivers and stream of northern Nevada. Read more

• Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery

1989
Tufts University

• French
  • Portuguese

What other Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Specialists practice nearby?

Click here to compare with other Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Specialists.

Does Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Manoukian has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.

What are Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Manoukian frequently treats Otologic Conditions & Procedures, Upper Respiratory Conditions, and Sleep Apnea. See all practice areas where Dr. Manoukian specializes.

Where is Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD's office located?

Dr. Manoukian's office is located at 1493 Medical Pkwy, Carson City, NV 89703. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

What languages does Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD speak?

Dr. Manoukian speaks Portuguese, Spanish, and French. View profile to see all.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Paul Manoukian, MD?

No malpractice claims found for Nevada

Frequently Treated by Dr. Manoukian

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Manoukian treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Manoukian treats other conditions, please contact the office at (775) 883-7666.

Otologic Conditions & Procedures

Otolgic care is s subspecialty of otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat) that focuses on symptoms and conditions of the ear, including hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness and infections.Compare with other Otologic Conditions & Procedures specialists.

Dr. Manoukian is experienced in the area of Otologic Conditions & Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 20 conditions and procedures

Vertigo
Tinnitus
Hearing Loss Due to Noise
Outer Ear Infection

Upper Respiratory Conditions

Upper respiratory specialists diagnose and treat conditions such as infections, sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, and whooping cough (pertussis) that affect the upper part of the respiratory system, including the nasal passages, larynx, and lungs.Compare with other Upper Respiratory Conditions specialists.

Dr. Manoukian is experienced in the area of Upper Respiratory Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 23 conditions and procedures

Sinusitis
Chronic Sinusitis
Allergic Rhinitis
Laryngitis

Sleep Apnea

Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.Compare with other Sleep Apnea specialists.

Dr. Manoukian is experienced in the area of Sleep Apnea. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

• Angioedema
  • Animal Allergies
  • Anosmia
  • Asthma
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Bell's Palsy
  • Chronic Tonsillitis
  • Cleft Lip and Palate
  • Common Cold
  • Conductive Hearing Loss
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Evaluation and Treatment of Sleep Disorders
  • Eye Infections
  • Facial Fracture
  • Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
  • Food Allergy
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Geographic Tongue
  • Gum Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperacusis
  • Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
  • Pollen Allergy
  • Postnasal Drip
  • Rash
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Salivary Gland Cancer
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma of Head, Face, and Neck
  • Sore Throat
  • Swimmer's Ear
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp
  • Wheezing

Dr. Manoukian accepts

Dr. Manoukian accepts the following insurance:

Balanced Choice-NV PPO
Select PPO
Commercial Insurance Company
Coventry Health Care
Delta Health System
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Group Health Cooperative (GHC)
Group Health Cooperative
HealthSmart
Medicaid
Premera Blue Cross
Principal Life
Tricare

Sierra Nevada Ear, Nose & Throat1493 Medical Pkwy Carson City, NV 89703

Sierra Nevada ENT Associates801 E Williams Ave Ste 3306 Fallon, NV 89406
Sierra Nevada ENT Associates1520 Virginia Ranch Rd Ste 103 Gardnerville, NV 89410

Dr. Manoukian is affiliated with the following hospitals. Select a hospital below to learn more.

Learn more about how Healthgrades measuresHospital Quality.

Banner Churchill Community Hospital

Fallon, NV

71% Patients that would definitely recommend, 1% higher than the national average

Barton Memorial Hospital

South Lake Tahoe, CA

76% Patients that would definitely recommend, 6% higher than the national average

Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center

Carson City, NV

74% Patients that would definitely recommend, 4% higher than the national average

2 Awards Received