Dr. Paul Mackoul, MD

Gynecologic Surgery ·  Male · Age 53

Dr. Mackoul

The Center for Innovative GYN Care

3206 Tower Oaks Blvd Ste 200 Rockville, MD 20852

Dr. Paul Mackoul, MD is a gynecologic surgery specialist in Rockville, MD and has been practicing for 24 years. He graduated from Master Of Science, Vincent T. Lombardi Cancer Center in 1985 and specializes in gynecologic surgery and oncology.

Dr. Mackoul accepts

Dr. Mackoul accepts the following insurance:

CareFirst BlueChoice, Inc.
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Kaiser Permanente

1 board action Found
  • Other (4/9/2015)View details
Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Mackoul's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Mackoul's Top Procedures and Conditions

Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic

Dr. Mackoul performs Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Mackoul performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

• Cervical Polyps
  • Cervicitis
  • Chronic Interstitial Cystitis
  • Cystectomy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Laparoscopic Salpingectomy
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Vulvar Cancer
  • Vulvectomy

Dedicated to the innovation of unparalleled laparoscopic GYN techniques that change women's lives. Dr. MacKoul's personalized approach to complex GYN conditions has patients back on their feet in days rather than weeks.

• Gynecologic Surgery

86.62420382165605%

Dr. Mackoul?
Dr. Mackoul's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Paul Mackoul, MD
I recently had a hysterectomy performed by Dr. MacKoul, and I highly recommend Dr. MacKoul and the Center (Center Innovative GYN Care) to any woman. From the first consultation, through to the surgical procedure, follow up, and finally, my post-op appointment, I was totally satisfied with the service I received. Dr. MacKoul was very kind and patient to address my health concerns. He also understood the gravity of a woman making the decision to have such a surgery performed. He was very patien
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Mackoul, MD?
Dr. Mackoul is a very skilled surgeon! I am 2 months post op, and my recovery was great void of any complications. I was walking 1.5 miles twice a day in my second week of recovery, and 3 miles straight in the third. I owe this to Dr. MacKoul's knowledge and surgical skills which are truly a blessing to women's health. I highly recommend anyone in need of any kind of gynecological surgery to make the trip to see Dr. Mackoul. It will be the best decision you have ever made for your health care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Mackoul, MD?
Coming to him for a 2nd opinion was the best decision I've made. W/i 3 min of looking at ultrasound results, asked if I had back pain: 1st of 3 doctors to see that fibroids were pressing on nerves. He drew pics of where my fibroids were & how surgery would work. After the 1st GYN said I needed a full abdominal incision, he put me at ease. "This is the easiest case I've seen all week; it's a breath of fresh air!" Surgery took a little over an hour, I was home the same night, driving 6 days later.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Mackoul, MD?
My OB-GYN did not feel comfortable with anything other than an abdominal hysterectomy. I searched all other options and physicians till I found Dr. MacKoul. Three little incisions and I was out shopping 2 days later. Traveled from out of state but it was well worth the time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Mackoul, MD?
Dr. Mackoul was the only person willing to help me. I was aware of my genetic issues, knew I did not want to jump through hoops in trying to fix the problem with things that were not guaranteed, and I knew I did not want to pass my genes on. Unfortunately, at 24, it took me 5 years to find a doctor who would help me. Dr. Mackoul is the best of the best. I only had to travel 5 hours to see him. If I had to though, I would travel across the world. 2 tiny incisions that cannot be seen! Healed quick
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Mackoul, MD?
I had a hysterectomy in Oct 2017 by Dr Mackoul. He is 100% a wonderful, skilled surgeon. I traveled by plane from another state based on reviews and I am so thankful that I did. He loves what he does, therefore he excels at his job.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Mackoul, MD?
Wait time can be long, but it is so worth it. He’s busy and there’s a reason for that - he’s an excellent doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Mackoul, MD?
Dr. Mackoul is a phenomenal physician and he has given me my life back! I suffered from multiple and large uterine fibroids for over 16 years. My previous GYN stated that I could only have an abdominal HYST to treat this condition due to the size of my uterus and location of the fibroids. This comes with a 6 to 8 week recovery and a large scar which was unacceptable in my book. Bottom line my recovery time was less than 2 wk and I only have a small scar less than an inch. Thank you Dr. Mackoul!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Mackoul, MD?
I was looking for specialty care; particularly a minimally invasive treatment for my fibroid removal. I also split time between the US and Africa and needed a treatment that accommodated my travel schedule. Fertility was a major consideration for me as well and Dr. Mackoul was very keen on providing care and advice consistent with my near-term reproductive health goals.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Mackoul, MD?
I hope you don't find yourself needing a hysterectomy with ovary removal, but if you do, this is the doctor you want. Dr. MacKoul literally changed my life. I had my surgery in September for severe endometriosis plus uterine fibroids and adenomyosis (the last two were bonus finds in pathology). I am finally living a pain-free life and making peace with my body. I also traveled for this surgery and wouldn't change a thing about it. So worth it to regain your life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Mackoul, MD?
Dr Mackoul was the best surgery was a success and very less pain the staff in the office were great treat you like family I suggest anyone having issues or problems to call and make an appointment very professional
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Mackoul, MD?
Dr. MacKoul was fantastic. Look. It’s not like women are super psyched to get a hysterectomy. Plus everyone tells you it’s like, THE last resort. So when you’re looking into it, you want to feel like you’re being led in the right direction. My top rated obgyn had me at a full surgery with a 6-8 week, out of work recovery. Thankfully, I found Dr. MacKoul. 7 days after my surgery, I walked a mile and a half. I really couldn’t be happier.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Mackoul, MD?
Dr. MacKoul is truly the best of the best. I have been to multiple doctors and this was the first time where I knew that my concerns were being heard. I can not say enough good things about this office, doctors and staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Mackoul, MD?
Refuses to perform critical, minimally invasive Dual Port LAAM procedure for fibroids on any woman over the age of 43. He'll only perform a hysterectomy--even if there's no cancer and you're in perfect health. Appalling and not in the patient's best interest.
Ms. Debbie, you've only had a conversation with a...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Mackoul, MD?
I had a laparoscopic partial hysterectomy at Innovations Surgery Center with Dr. MacKoul a week ago and feel absolutely amazing. The fact that he is able to do this surgery as minimally invasive reduced my pain, time off my feet and put me at less risk for complications. Within the first two days I was back on my feet and able to make short trips. I traveled from Dallas to the surgery center and every part of my trip was seamless from scheduling to surgery. Highly recommended!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Mackoul, MD?
I had a very large fibroid and needed a myomectomy. I work in the medical devices industry and did a lot of background research. Through my network I was able to speak with some of the best surgeons on the east coast who all recommended an open abdominal myomectomy which would have required 6-8 weeks of recovery. I found Dr. Mackoul on the internet and a brief 10 min call with him convinced me that LAAM was the best option. I flew to DC for surgery and was back at work in <2 weeks- Thank you Dr!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Mackoul, MD?
Dr. MacKoul is an amazing surgeon with exceptional skill set! I could not believe I was pain free a couple of days after my hysterectomy! Dr. MacKoul is kind and compassionate....he explains everything in detail, even draws pictures. I would highly recommend this doctor! He is the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Mackoul, MD?
I was originally diagnosed with a HUGE ovarian cyst from my Gynecologist. (Cyst was 12" x 8" x 5" appx) My GYN told me I needed surgery & would be cut vertically appx 10" down my stomach, be in hospital 3-5 days & would take me about 6-8 weeks to recover.That night I did some research & found this amazing facility and Dr. I scheduled my appt with Dr MacKoul and was told yes, they could do my surgery & 5 days after was scheduled for surgery. Surgery was fast and easy! Day after I feel AMAZING!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Mackoul, MD?
The surgeon answered my questions and assured me that all will be well and I can resume a normal lifestyle. Explained to me what would take place before and after surgery. Also explained and answered questions that my morning and afternoon caretakers had. The staff was always courteous, informative and respectful. They made me feel comfortable, although I did not know what to expect and was nervous about a procedure of this magnitude.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Mackoul, MD?
He is not compassionate and spend the least amount of time with me. When contacted him after my surgery, it was an inconvenience to him. I do not recommend this Doctor.
Ms. Hoda, we are sorry you are not happy with...Read More
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Mackoul?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Mackoul treats patients.

Holy Cross Hospital