Dr. Paul J. Mackoul, MD

Dr. Paul J. Mackoul, MD

Gynecologic Surgery | Male | 56 years old

Dedicated to the performance and advancement of minimally invasive GYN surgery.Read more

Dr. Mackoul's Experience

See how Dr. Mackoul's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mackoul

Dr. Mackoul accepts 4 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Mackoul has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Mackoul's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mackoul to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Mackoul
Dr. Mackoul's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (125)
in Glen Burnie, MD |
The surgeon answered my questions and assured me that all will be well and I can resume a normal lifestyle. Explained to me what would take place before and after surgery. Also explained and answered questions that my morning and afternoon caretakers had. The staff was always courteous, informative and respectful. They made me feel comfortable, although I did not know what to expect and was nervous about a procedure of this magnitude.
in Fairfax, VA |
He is not compassionate and spend the least amount of time with me. When contacted him after my surgery, it was an inconvenience to him. I do not recommend this Doctor.
Ms. Hoda, we are sorry you are not happy with your experience. During your pre-op consult with Dr. MacKoul, he spent a significant amount of time with you, even drawing a diagram of your condition. You were comfortable with the discussion and treatment plan, decided to move forward with surgery, and the procedure went very well. At your post-op consult, you have not expressed any concerns. Dr. MacKoul always ensures that patients are treated with respect and that their questions are addressed.
HICKORY |
Dr. MacKoul is a phenomenal surgeon. I dealt with fibroids for 18 years and Dr. MacKoul relieved me of this condition in a 1.5-hour, minimally-invasive surgery. The recovery was fast; I was driving in 5 days and back at work in 7. I cannot say enough about the professionalism of the staff and all who were involved with my care. If you have large fibroids and feel like an anomaly to your doctor, seek out Dr. MacKoul. He's a specialist with the heart and skill to help you. Be encourage!
Potomac, MD |
My 26 year old daughter went to see Dr. Mackoul for pelvic pain and his answer was to do a hysterectomy on her 3 months after she delivered her first baby. They found nothing wrong with her uterus and she is still having all her pain and can no longer have kids because of him. When she told him she still had pain, he brushed her off and said there was nothing more her could do for her and wouldn't see her anymore. His care of her was outrageous. He should be ashamed!!
Our records indicate that due to severe symptoms, the patient was seeking definitive treatment in the form of laparoscopic hysterectomy. Examination of the uterus has shown a condition that commonly causes pelvic pain. According to our protocol, patients with post-operative complications or pain always take priority. There may be many different reasons for the pain your daughter is experiencing at the moment and we would very much like the opportunity to get in touch and address any issues.
in Richmond, VA |
I had very large fibroids and was given the singular option of open abdominal hysterectomy by several OB/GYNs. Dr. MacKoul offered a choice of a minimally invasive myectomy or hysterectomy. I chose a hysterectomy, I am extremely pleased with the results,quality of life is 100% improved. Instead of 10" incision & 6 weeks recovery, I had a 1.5" incision and was able to walk a few miles in days. At 7 weeks, I consider myself completely recovered. I run, bike, swim, no pain & fatigue, no fibroids!
I would, and have, recommend Dr. Paul MacKoul and The Center for Innovative GYN Care to any woman who needs a GYN procedure. I had a 19 pound fibroid, which required a hysterectomy. My surgery went smoothly, and my recovery was wonderful. I stopped taking pain pills after three days, was able to drive after a week, and was back to work in two weeks. Plus, my surgery was just before Christmas, yet didn't damper the holidays in the least. I am so happy and glad to feel back to myself.
in Burke, VA |
Dr. MacKoul and his entire team literally saved my life. I spent 4 years looking for an answer to explain all of my ailments, and Dr. MacKoul solved it in less than 4 minutes. After having a DualPortGYN?, minimally invasive laparoscopic hysterectomy I instantly felt better than I have in the past 23 years of my life. No hospital stay, no noticeable incisions of any kind on my body, but entire organs were removed. How amazing is that? 6 weeks recovery the old fashioned way, or 12 hours here.
in atlanta, ga |
The staff was so friendly, the ppl at Innovative surgery center went above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of! I came from Atl to Maryland to have Dr. Mackoul preform a laparoscopic myomectomy. I didn't like what I was being told in Atlanta! Dr. Mackoul called me and went over everything with me, his staff was extremely attentive, everything was set up before I got here. Dr. Mackoul was very thorough and my surgery went as planned. Everyone was amazing to me. I HIGHLY recommend him!
Have you seen Dr. Paul J. Mackoul, MD?

Compare Dr. Mackoul

Dr. Mackoul's Care Philosophy

Dedicated to the performance and advancement of minimally invasive GYN surgery.

Dr. Mackoul's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gynecologic Surgery

Dr. Mackoul has 1 malpractice claim

More  What is medical malpractice
    • Settlement
    • Amount or Range: Average
    • Nature of Complaint: OUT OF STATE CLAIM: MD. Reported by the Virginia Board of Medicine INCIDENT LOCATION: MARYLAND
    • State: Virginia

Dr. Mackoul has 2 board actions

• Unprofessional Conduct (4/9/2015)
    • Action Taken: Release from Prior Order
    • Summary: Please reference the following Document
    • State: Maryland
    • Unprofessional Conduct (6/3/2014)
    • Action Taken: Education

Gyn Oncology, University Of North Carolina

Completed in 1995

Bachelor Of Science, The College Of The Holy Cross

Graduated in 1982

Dr. Mackoul does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mackoul and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gynecologic Surgery
  • Gynecologic Oncology
  • Gynecologic Oncology Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Surgery

• Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vulvectomy

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.