Dr. Paul Lieber, MD

Pain Medicine •  Male • Age 67

Dr. Lieber

Rehabilitation/Pain Specialists

107 Gamma Dr Ste 220 Pittsburgh, PA 15238

Dr. Paul Lieber, MD is a Pain Medicine Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA and has over 34 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Chicago Medical School Rosalind Franklin University medical school in 1986. He is affiliated with medical facilities UPMC Presbyterian and UPMC St. Margaret. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Lieber to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Pain Medicine Specialists in your area

• Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Lieber's experience treating your condition or procedure

Low Back Pain

Dr. Lieber treats Low Back Pain more than 92% of his peers

Dr. Lieber treats this condition more than 92% of his peers

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Lieber treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 91% of his peers

Dr. Lieber treats this condition more than 91% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Knee Pain

• Autonomic Disorders
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
  • Chronic Pain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spondylosis
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Lieber accepts

Dr. Lieber accepts the following insurance:

Select

Dr. Lieber's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lieber

3.5

Dr. Lieber?
Dr. Lieber has been treating me for several years now and has improved my back so much. I have complete trust in his skill and appreciate his continuing education in regenerative medicine. I like his dry sense of humor and straight forward manner. He always calls to follow up and treats me extensively whenever I make the 5 hour trip so he makes it worthwhile.
Mar 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Lieber, MD?
I am from N, J, and had the privilege of being evaluated by Dr.Leiber, he came across as being very knowledgable, and believe you me, I have been through the mill with surgeries and procedures. He listened to me, answered my questions and was patient. I was very impressed with his staff from reception to anesthesia. Honestly, I mean every word I wrote and oh, of course, Kate who got the ball rolling, I wish I lived nearer, I am hoping for success, yes success.! after much pain and misery,
Rona in Piscataway, NJ – Feb 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Lieber, MD?
Only helpful as long as they can do procedures on you. They discharge MANY patients without tapering medications and with no referrals to other pain doctors. When asked directly the PAs will lie directly to you as well as being very condescending about your pain. They definitely look at you as if you are drug seeking when you just want pain relief. Heck, they even did a injection on me for the wrong leg (lawyers). I wonder if my skin were white if I would have been treated the way I was, Hymm??
Merritt Dale Banks in Pittsburgh – Jan 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Lieber, MD?
Do not use this doctor. He’s condescending and rude. He has no bedside manners. He practically called me a liar. This isn’t a one time experience. It’s been over two years and about 15 office visits. He handed me over to his PAs and can’t look me in the face when I’m there. PAs and office staff are nice but he is not.
Pittsburgh , PA – Oct 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Lieber, MD?
Dr Lieber has helped me tremendously with my chronic back pain. He offers the latest/most effective non-surgical treatments. I find him to be very kind and patient. It sounds silly, but if I am having a procedure and say “stop”, he stops. This allows me to have the procedures without any anesthesia, which is my preference. I can trust him to not try to push me beyond what I can handle, so I have no need to be sedated. It sounds obvious, but some other doctors are more concerned with speed.
Lower Burrell, PA – Oct 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Lieber, MD?
Just had my stem cell procedure and I was apprehensive but I am glad I went through with it. I am only one week out from procedure but I am experiencing some relief already. I will post again in 2-3 months. Dr. Lieber and his staff are top notch and stayed on schedule thoroughly. Dr. Lieber was very compassionate and answered all my concerns efficiently and effectively. If you are contemplating this procedure I highly recommend their office!
Paul in Bucks County, PA – May 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Lieber, MD?
On December 19, 2016 had a stem cell procedure for my shoulder with Dr. Lieber and my results were just excellent. Dr. Lieber is very professional, caring and understands completely what he is doing and explains what he is doing to the patient. Very good communication and comes across that he seriously cares about the patient and wants to improve the patient's condition. Michael R. Swartz, 4-26-2017
Michael R. Swartz in Catawba, NC – Apr 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Lieber, MD?
Efficient, knowledgeable and helpful. Got all my answers, thanks.
Gary VanSickle in Wexford, PA – Apr 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Lieber, MD?
I've had severe pain in my left knee for 10+ years walked very little & w/cane, was seeing an ortho dr. for most of that time. Scheduled a full replacement, insurance refused to pay due to me being on too many pain meds (duh) and not healthy enough. Was discouraged, went to talk with Dr Lieber, he talked with me and explained the stem cell procedure. Had the final process a little over 3 mon. ago. I can't believe the difference, no pain!!!!!!! it's expensive but would do it again.
Sally V in New Kensington, PA – Feb 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Lieber, MD?
Dr. Lieber has given me a me new lease on life! I am 3 months post stem cell transplant into my knee. My osteoarthritis was so bad I was facing having a knee replacement. Dr. Lieber is very serious about his work, cares about the outcome, which translates to caring about his patients. My knee is so improved that just 2 months post I was doing some hiking in NH and Maine. I have not been able to hike for 10 years. If you have knee pain, see Dr. Lieber.
Jeanne H. in Oakmont, PA – Oct 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Lieber, MD?
Dr. Lieber really listened to me and I could tell he was concerned about the problems I was having. He went through many different options and we made a treatment plan together, as a team.
Pittsburgh, PA – Sep 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Lieber, MD?
Dr Lieber Took plenty of time explaining the procedure to me. I knew I was in excellent hands and I trusted him completely. He made me feel comfortable thru the entire procedure. You could not ask for a better doctor. ( Every person I talk to that needs knee surgery. I say "call Dr. Lieber" He gets 5 stars from me.
Sandra Hernandez in White Oak Pa – Jul 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Lieber, MD?
My issue was a torn Meniscus in my left knee causing significant pain. I considered 2 options: (1) The "Normal" surgery approach and (2) Stem Cell injections to regrow tissue and rehab the knee. I chose #2 because, I may avoid needing a knee replacement - perhaps permanently (the surgeon said I may need a knee replacement within 5-10 years of his surgery). My insurance did NOT cover the Stem Cell procedure. Stem Cell worked beautifully. I'm healed, no pain, and golfing 3x per week!
Edward W in Pittsburgh, PA – Jul 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Lieber, MD?
Miracle-worker! For years, I tried every treatment possible by multiple experts, but nothing worked. I was excited to learn about PRP therapy and that there was a leading expert in the field right here in Pittsburgh. Dr. Lieber offers cutting edge treatments that allow your body to heal itself. His staff is friendly and knowledgeable. It's only been 1 month and I feel like I have a whole new wrist with virtually no pain. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Lieber and his practice.
Amie in Grove City, PA – Jun 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Lieber, MD?
Dr. Lieber took his time to understand my condition. The procedure he recommended and completed worked wonders at relieving my pain.
Patricia P in Pittsburgh, PA – Apr 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Lieber, MD?
I was told I needed a knee replacement by another doctor. I decided in stead to have stem cell therapy on the knee and could feel the difference/improvement within 2 weeks. It has now been four weeks and 90% of my knee swelling is gone and there is no pain. Dr Lieber spent the time to answer my questions and made sure I was using the correct protocall to get the best results from the procedure. I would do this again if I had another joint issue.
Brian in Pittsburgh, PA – Mar 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Lieber, MD?
Dr. Lieber was so helpful and answered all of my questions. He gave me different options to treat my back plan and we came up with a plan together, as a team.
Aimee in Pittsburgh, PA – Feb 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Lieber, MD?
He dealt with the problem not the symptom, and solved my OA knee pain leaving me pain free for the first time in 15+ years.
John P in Pittsburgh, PA – Dec 19, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Paul Lieber, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lieber?

• Pain Medicine