Dr. Paul Lieber, MD

Dr. Paul Lieber, MD

Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Paul Lieber, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Pittsburgh, PA. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 31 years.

107 Gamma Dr Ste 220

Pittsburgh, PA 15238

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • UPMC

Learn about Dr. Lieber

See how frequently Dr. Lieber performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
high
Chronic Neck Pain
high

Dr. Lieber's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Pain Medicine

• Upper Back Pain

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Spinal Nerve Block

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine Science/The Chicago Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • University Of Pittsburgh Med Center

Dr. Lieber has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lieber does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lieber and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lieber's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lieber to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Lieber's Performance
Lower Burrell, PA |
Dr Lieber has helped me tremendously with my chronic back pain. He offers the latest/most effective non-surgical treatments. I find him to be very kind and patient. It sounds silly, but if I am having a procedure and say “stop”, he stops. This allows me to have the procedures without any anesthesia, which is my preference. I can trust him to not try to push me beyond what I can handle, so I have no need to be sedated. It sounds obvious, but some other doctors are more concerned with speed.
in Bucks County, PA |
Just had my stem cell procedure and I was apprehensive but I am glad I went through with it. I am only one week out from procedure but I am experiencing some relief already. I will post again in 2-3 months. Dr. Lieber and his staff are top notch and stayed on schedule thoroughly. Dr. Lieber was very compassionate and answered all my concerns efficiently and effectively. If you are contemplating this procedure I highly recommend their office!
in Catawba, NC |
On December 19, 2016 had a stem cell procedure for my shoulder with Dr. Lieber and my results were just excellent. Dr. Lieber is very professional, caring and understands completely what he is doing and explains what he is doing to the patient. Very good communication and comes across that he seriously cares about the patient and wants to improve the patient's condition. Michael R. Swartz, 4-26-2017
in Wexford, PA |
Efficient, knowledgeable and helpful. Got all my answers, thanks.
in New Kensington, PA |
I've had severe pain in my left knee for 10+ years walked very little & w/cane, was seeing an ortho dr. for most of that time. Scheduled a full replacement, insurance refused to pay due to me being on too many pain meds (duh) and not healthy enough. Was discouraged, went to talk with Dr Lieber, he talked with me and explained the stem cell procedure. Had the final process a little over 3 mon. ago. I can't believe the difference, no pain!!!!!!! it's expensive but would do it again.
in Oakmont, PA |
Dr. Lieber has given me a me new lease on life! I am 3 months post stem cell transplant into my knee. My osteoarthritis was so bad I was facing having a knee replacement. Dr. Lieber is very serious about his work, cares about the outcome, which translates to caring about his patients. My knee is so improved that just 2 months post I was doing some hiking in NH and Maine. I have not been able to hike for 10 years. If you have knee pain, see Dr. Lieber.
Pittsburgh, PA |
Dr. Lieber really listened to me and I could tell he was concerned about the problems I was having. He went through many different options and we made a treatment plan together, as a team.
cincinnati, oh |
Dr. Lieber is the most skilled and thorough doctor I have seen for my chronic back pain. He has options to treat when other doctors have hit the wall. His Regenexx procedures and experience with prolotherapy open additional options for patients like me who have not been helped through traditional means. I was skeptical when he suggested we try an ablation procedure on the peripheral nerves because I had it done before elsewhere with no results. To my surprise this time I had great results!
in White Oak Pa |
Dr Lieber Took plenty of time explaining the procedure to me. I knew I was in excellent hands and I trusted him completely. He made me feel comfortable thru the entire procedure. You could not ask for a better doctor. ( Every person I talk to that needs knee surgery. I say "call Dr. Lieber" He gets 5 stars from me.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
My issue was a torn Meniscus in my left knee causing significant pain. I considered 2 options: (1) The "Normal" surgery approach and (2) Stem Cell injections to regrow tissue and rehab the knee. I chose #2 because, I may avoid needing a knee replacement - perhaps permanently (the surgeon said I may need a knee replacement within 5-10 years of his surgery). My insurance did NOT cover the Stem Cell procedure. Stem Cell worked beautifully. I'm healed, no pain, and golfing 3x per week!
in Grove City, PA |
Miracle-worker! For years, I tried every treatment possible by multiple experts, but nothing worked. I was excited to learn about PRP therapy and that there was a leading expert in the field right here in Pittsburgh. Dr. Lieber offers cutting edge treatments that allow your body to heal itself. His staff is friendly and knowledgeable. It's only been 1 month and I feel like I have a whole new wrist with virtually no pain. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Lieber and his practice.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Dr. Lieber took his time to understand my condition. The procedure he recommended and completed worked wonders at relieving my pain.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
I was told I needed a knee replacement by another doctor. I decided in stead to have stem cell therapy on the knee and could feel the difference/improvement within 2 weeks. It has now been four weeks and 90% of my knee swelling is gone and there is no pain. Dr Lieber spent the time to answer my questions and made sure I was using the correct protocall to get the best results from the procedure. I would do this again if I had another joint issue.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Dr. Lieber was so helpful and answered all of my questions. He gave me different options to treat my back plan and we came up with a plan together, as a team.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
He dealt with the problem not the symptom, and solved my OA knee pain leaving me pain free for the first time in 15+ years.
Have you seen Dr. Paul Lieber, MD?
Are you Dr. Lieber?