Dr. Paul Kuflik, MD

Dr. Paul Kuflik, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Paul Kuflik, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 36 years.

5 E 98th St Fl 4

New York, NY 10029

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • MagnaCare

Learn about Dr. Kuflik

See how frequently Dr. Kuflik performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spine Disorders
high
Spinal Stenosis
high
Cervical Spine Myelopathy

Dr. Kuflik's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Kuflik "Dr. Kuflik has extensive experience in orthopedics, with special emphasis on disorders of the spine and minimally invasive spine surgery. Dr. Kuflik came to Beth Israel from the Hospital for Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Institute. Since 1987, he has served there as an assistant attending physician, and was named chief of the scoliosis service in 1991. Dr. Kuflik also was chief of spine services at Mount Sinai Medical Center as well as an attending physician in the department of orthopedic surgery. In addition to his numerous writings and lectures, Dr. Kuflik also served as section editor of 'Spine' for the editorial board of the Bulletin for Hospital for Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Institute, as well as moderator for the spine section of the alumni scientific meeting there. A native New Yorker, Dr. Kuflik was named assistant clinical professor of orthopedic surgery at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in 1987 and a clinical assistant professor of orthopedic surgery at New York University Medical Center in 1994."

• Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery

• Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for New York.

• CUNY
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1977
  • Suny Upstate Medical University (Syracuse)
    Medical School | Graduated 1981
  • Beth Israel
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1982
  • Hospital Jt Dis
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986
  • Toronto General Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1986

Dr. Kuflik has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kuflik does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kuflik and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kuflik's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kuflik to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Kuflik's Performance
in Monroe, NY |
Dr. Kuflik will be the most amazing person you will meet. I have read a couple of negative comments about him and I will say they are false. He is the most caring, personable and most thorough surgeon you will find. His bedside manners are bar none.I know this because he has perfomed numerous surgeries on me and I have referred numerous others to him that echo my statement after meeting him. He is not knife happy and likes to explore every option available before heading to the operating room.
in New York, NY |
I was referred to Dr. Kuflik because of severe back injury. I went to his office at Mt Sinai, I was only seen by his assistant and Mr Kuflik did not show up until I requested to see him. Apparently he was having a busy day. Finally he showed up and the conversation did not even take a min. He told me that I only need some rest and my pain will fade away. I reminded him that I had back operation a few years ago. He didn't take it seriously, was very dismissive. DO NOT recommend him.
Massapequa, N.Y. |
I was referred to Dr. Kuflik recently, after suffering with back and leg pain for 7 months. I went to a variety of excellent physicians in Long Island who had MRIs ordered and suggested a wide variety of therapy and rehab. Was actually misdiagnosed by a pain management Doctor who's suggestions made my symptoms much worse. Dr. Kuflik and his team patiently evaluated my MRIs and symptoms, and, finally correctly diagnosed my injury and set me up with nerve block injections the same day.
in plainview ny. |
I went in for my first consultation with Dr. Kuflick. I have been experiencing pain in my lower extremities I've had MRIs the MGs and Dr. Kuflick determined that I'm a good candidate for spinal fusion surgery because of my spondylolisthesis. I was given a double epidural for the time being to see if it would hold off the pain and eventually I will need the surgery and Dr. Kuflick assured me that I'm in good hands with him and the staff at Mount Sinai Hospital. Now waiting to see. Gilda is A++
in New York, NY |
Dr. Kuflik was rude, defensive, and uninformative. He doesn't have confidence in his office staff and somewhere in the Mt. Sinai system my test results were lost. My situation is complicated; I was trying to explain my history concisely, but Dr. Kuflik was dismissive and challenging, rather than explanatory. Someone with me said I was clear and cooperative, but the doctor was almost hostile. When he called with followup he told me no more than the report I provided him with initially. Terrible.
Have you seen Dr. Paul Kuflik, MD?
Are you Dr. Kuflik?