Sports Medicine  |
Dr. Paul Kiritsis, MD
Dr. Paul Kiritsis, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Midlothian, VA. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Kiritsis is affiliated with Bon Secours - St. Francis Medical Center.

13801 St Francis Blvd Ste 200

Midlothian, VA 23114

• Anthem
  • Optima Health

Learn about Dr. Kiritsis

As an avid sports enthusiast, I really appreciate what an active lifestyle can mean to your physical well being and overall outlook on life. My focus on knee and shoulder disorders allows me to provide patients with the highest level of technical expertise and compassionate care. And although it may be a specific problem that brings you to my office originally, my primary goal is to return you to a healthy and productive lifestyle. I view the relationship between patient and physician as a partnership, and I strive to provide you with enough information during your visit so you feel confident with your treatment decisions.   I would like to thank you for choosing me as your physician and I am truly honored to participate in your care.

Dr. Kiritsis' Experience

Dr. Kiritsis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine

• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture

• Shoulder Surgery
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• University Of Richmond
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1990
  • Eastern Virginia Med School Of The Med College Of Hampton Roads Norfolk Va
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Medical College Of Virginia
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Med College Of Virginia
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Kiritsis has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kiritsis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kiritsis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kiritsis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kiritsis to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Kiritsis' Performance
Richmond, VA |
He is very knowledgeable and he cares about his patients.
Thank you for the review! Best, Sarah
in Powhatan, Va |
At first when I had to get my shoulder done, I was very nervous because this is my first surgery ever. Dr. Kiristis made me not worry and listened to what everyone had to say. followed all the instructions and now going back to work four months . I would defiantly recommend him to others..
Thank you for this kind message, Timothy! I will be sure to pass along these kind words. Best, Sarah
Richmond, VA |
He may be an accomplished surgeon but he could use some remedial bedside manner training.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feelings. Feedback is extremely important in continuing to strive for the best patient experience and outcomes possible. We pride ourselves on our patient care and always look for ways to perform better when someone is not completely satisfied with their experience. Please know that your review will be carefully examined and we stand ready to speak to you further at any time. Best, Sarah
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Kiritsis is very thorough and takes time to listen to what i have to say. He is friendly and personable which to me are very important characteristics of a care-giver. His knowledge and extraordinary ability as a surgeon were key factors in requesting him to perform my surgery (he operated on my other shoulder back in 2001). His staff is exceptional - friendly, courteous, and caring.
Joe - Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and kind message. I will be sure to pass along to everyone here. Best, Sarah
in No. Chesterfield |
I am 76 years old and I would recommend everyone to him.! He did a total reverse shoulder replacement on one shoulder and a massive repair on other!! Follow up care is exceptional!
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind comment! I will be sure to pass along to everyone here. Best, Sarah
in Midlothian, VA |
Dr. Kiritsis is fantastic. I came in with a very complicated group of fractures to my shoulder scapula and ribs and three months later I'm 100%.
Chuck - Thank you for the kind message. Best, Sarah
in Midlothian, VA |
I love Dr. Kiritsis!!! Not enough praise that I can give this man!! I had suffered with my right knee for over a year. I had two surgeries to repair my meniscus and both were unsuccessful from another doctor. I was told to see Dr. Kiritsis from a neighbor and so so glad I did. I am only 6 months out from surgery and I am back to doing all the normal things that I could not do before my surgery.
Lisa - Thank you for writing this kind review. I will be sure to pass along to everyone here. Best, Sarah
in Richmond, VA |
He was a great doctor and great during the surgery. He explained everything to me before the surgery and all that was required for me to get better. He is great at communicating with you and will answer any questions you have. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs surgery or a second opinion from another doctor and I have.
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write this kind message. Best, Sarah
Midlothian, VA |
Dr. Did an excellent job performing the surgery to repair my badly torn rotor cuff.
Thank you for the kind review! Best, Sarah
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Kiritsis is a very thorough, caring surgeon. I appreciated his positive attitude, medical knowledge and patient-care skills. He has a great personality and I always left my visits with him thankful he was my doctor. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing his specialty expertise.
Carolyn - Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to write such thoughtful words. I will be sure to pass this message along to everyone here. Best, Sarah
in Richmond, VA |
I've had two ACL repair with Dr. Kiritsis & I have fully recovered & returned to sporting activity!
Katie - Thank you for the kind words! Best, Sarah
Outstanding, very caring.
Thank you for the kind words! Best, Sarah
in Richmond, VA |
Dr Kiritsis operated on my shoulder and it is now better than ever. He is a very caring and understanding person. My whole experience with him and his staff was very pleasant
Jim - Thank you for such kind words. I will pass along to everyone here. Best, Sarah
in Prince George,Va |
Dr. Kiritsis is by far the most professional physician that I have ever had the privilege of knowing. His surgical skills are beyond reproach. I had rotator cuff surgery in January of this year and I have had a remarkable recovery with no problems. The entire staff has just been awesome. Always friendly and helpful. I have recommended Dr. Kiritsis and OrthoVirginia to many of my friends.
in Crewe , VA |
Dr. Kiritsis was amazing,the work he did on my right arm for a torn rotator cuff now is better then new. Many thanks to him and the wonderful staff I had the pleasure of meeting them and the care I received from them all. I highly recommend this group to all. Sandra Martin
Sandra - Thank you for leaving such a kind statement. I will pass along to everyone here. Best, Sarah
Richmond, VA |
Dr. Kiritsis and his office are extremely professional and pleasant. My surgery went extremely well and four months out, I'm doing anything I would like. I would strongly recommend Dr. Kiritsis if one is considering knee replacement!
Thank you for your kind comment! All the best, Sarah
in Richmond, VA |
Knowing very little about a rotater cuff tear. Dr Kiritsis did a good job explaining what was going on. Even though surgery was not a pleasant experience . My arm fells better and I think I am on my way to a full recovery.
Richmond, VA |
Always kind and concerned excellent care
Thank you for the kind message! Wishing you all the best, Sarah
Richmond, VA |
I did not know what to expect from Dr K. He was just the first shoulder guy I could get in to see. Couldn't be more pleased with the outcome of my shoulder surgery. Highly recommended.
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide your kind feedback! All the best in your future, Sarah
in Richmond, VA |
Did a great job on my shoulder full replacement. Full range back! Sometimes a wait in the office to see him. He can be a little grumpy...especially if he has an intern following him.
Aluara - We are glad to hear you are back to full strength. I wish you all the best in your future. Best, Sarah
Richmond, VA |
Had bilateral shoulder replacement and have been happy and little pain. Have done things I haven't done in years. Recommend him to anyone.
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind comment. I wish you all the best, Sarah
in Richmond, VA |
I had a 0940 appointment with Dr Kiritsis on 4/14. I made it to St Francis, but there are 2 orthopedic facilities, within about 700 feet of each other. I chose the wrong one and immediately called (0943)to let them know I was just feet away from the office. The receptionist placed me on hold, only to tell me I couldn't be seen today! I was in tears! 3 minutes shouldn't have meant that I would have to deal with pain for another week! The star is for the receptionist, who seemed really nice!
in Richmond, VA |
My experience with Dr Kiritsis has been very positive. He is excellent.
Jeff, thank you very much for your kind words, as they are appreciated. We wish you all the best, Sarah
in Richmond, VA |
Excellent care. So glad I had manipulation under anesthesia and got my life back.
Thank you Donna for your sweet message! Wishing you the best. - Sarah
in Cumberland va |
One of the best experiences with a surgery and recover
William - These kind words are truly appreciated! Thank you for sharing with us. Best, Sarah
Great experience. Everything was explained clearly. All questions answered
Thank you for sharing such kind words!
in Richmond, VA |
Everything he told me about the surgery came true. I knew what to expect.
Thank you for sharing your experience!
in Richmond, VA |
This is the best my knee has felt in years,thank you
Thank you for the kind words, Charles!
in Richmond, VA |
F I have had both knees replaced over a period of 10 years and Dr Kiritsis performed both operations. Both knees recovered exceeding well. I would highly recommend Dr. kiritsis
These kind words are truly appreciated! Thank you for sharing your experience, John!
in Midlothian, VA |
I find Dr. Kiritsis and staff to be punctual, efficient and professional with an interest to keep the patient informed and advised on their progress. Dr. Kiritsis builds confidence in his approach to one's recovery without confusing discussions to the patient while providing orderly and understandable instruction/advice. I was a "word of mouth" recommended patient from a friend and met many other patients while undergoing recovery therapy that praised his work as I do. I would recommend Dr. K.
Thank you Denny for providing such wonderful feedback! Happy to hear about your positive experience that you had.
in Fredericksburg v |
Dr. Kiritsis is absolutely fantastic
Thank you for taking the time to your review!
Richmond, VA |
Wonderful experience from start to finish.
Thank you for the review!
in Richmond, VA |
Excellent experienc for repair of severe fracture. Highly recommend
Thank you for your kind words, wishing you the best!
in Richmond, VA |
Two years ago, Dr Kiristis put my arm back together. I was able to pass my flight physical and return to work. Without his expertise that wouldn't have been the case. Recently my wife sprained her knee and there was no question about who we would see.
Thank you for taking the time to pass along such a nice message. I will be sure to pass along to everyone here!
in North Chesterfield , VA |
On my first visit he told me I would be pain free. After two reverse shoulder replacements he was right. When he asked me after the first surgery when did I want to do the other shoulder I said "today". I am so happy with the results.
Thank you for sharing your story! We are glad to hear you are doing better.
in Richmond, VA |
His somewhat aggressive protocol made a big difference in my outcome I appreciate Dr Kiritsis taking the time to explain the procedure, and his genuine care and concern with my well being!
Thank you for sharing your experience, Ellen!
in Chesterfield, VA |
I have known Dr. Kiritsis since 2009. I have had three joint replacement procedures, left shoulder and both knees. All of the surgeries were and continue to be successful. He is professional and straight forward in evaluation, recommendations and assisting you in making the best decision for you. His staff is top drawer and always prompt in responding to questions and requests. I have recommended him to family and friends.
Thank you for sharing your experience! Sending warm wishes to you.
in Chester va |
Excellent care Very informative
Thank you for the kind words! Warm wishes to you.
in Richmond, VA |
Excellent bedside manner.genuine concern.everything was explained beforehand.i was so pleased with how smoothly the recovery went.
Thank you Emma for the review! Best wishes to you.
in Richmond, VA |
My experience with the rotator cuff surgery has been satisfied & I am pleased that I can move with more freedom & minimal discomfort . Dr. Kiristis has been very informative since the first appt . & throughout the recovery process. He has answered my questions & given guidance re: exercise, mobility issues & other concerns along the way of this surgery/recovery process.
We're so happy to hear you had a positive experience! Thanks for the nice review and I will be sure to pass along to everyone here! Best, Sarah
in Hopewell, VA |
Dr Kiritsis is an amazing specialist and the shoulder replacement he performed has made a big difference in my life. He explains what is planned, follows up, and explained in detail what to expect.
Thank you for the sweet message, Leanne. I will be sure to pass along to everyone here.
in Richmond, VA |
I've been a patient of Dr Kiritsis for several surgeries. As importantly as his incredible skills as a surgeon, he has always taken an interest in me as a person. I find this to be rare these days. I sing his praises every chance I get!
Thank you for sharing your experience! Best wishes to you.
in Williamsburg va |
He is a no nonsense, do your work, and get back to a normal life kind of guy. He is an excellent surgeon who happens to be easy on the eyes. I trust him implicitly. Amanda is a wonderful asset to him. I love her kindness, knowledge, and communication skills also.
Thank you for the amazing message. I will be sure to pass along to the team here.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Kiritsis has great bedside manner. He is friendly and to the point. I didn't feel pressured one way other the other when he discussed options. His staff is great.
in Richmond, VA |
I did not have any issues with anything. I was given all the information I needed.
in Wilsons VA |
Goodb
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Kiritsis performed rotator surgery on both my right and left shoulders in 2011 and 2012 . I have not had any pain in either one. He cleaned existing bone spurs so I have more flexibility than previously. I highly recommend his service, his background in sports injuries has served me well . His staff is very friendly , professional and courteous.
Richmond, VA |
Not satisfied office is to busy after surgery struggled to get in contact with someone due to concerns. Was told by on call doctor to add what was determined to be conflicting medicine. Patient waiting to hear back from office since yesterday
I am sorry that we haven't met your expectations. Our office is directed to return all phone messages left before 430 pm. If they overlooked your message, it was a mistake and not intentional. We strive to keep all of our patients happy and understand your well being is of utmost importance. Please contact our office so we can help you with any other concerns.
Richmond, VA |
Explained the issues with my shoulder and gave me handouts with excellent detail. I had to wait to see him but it was worth it. He apologized for being late and that shows that he was truly concerned about my time. When is the last time you had a doctor apologize for being late? Remarkable.
Long waits - two different appointments and I had to wait 45 minutes past appt time for one, and 60 minutes past for the other. Nice enough doctor. I'm sure he is very good at what he does. But such long wait times for an extremely quick visit with a semi-cordial doctor does not make it worthwhile. Patients have other important things to do besides sit around waiting.
Have you seen Dr. Paul Kiritsis, MD?

Visit Dr. Kiritsis