Dr. Paul Johnson, MD

Dr. Paul Johnson, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Paul Johnson, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Jefferson City, TN. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 28 years.

120 Hospital Dr

Jefferson City, TN 37760

Learn about Dr. Johnson

See how frequently Dr. Johnson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spondylolisthesis
Low Back Pain
Back Pain

Dr. Johnson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Broken Neck
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Femur Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Vanderbilt University Mc
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Vanderbilt University Mc
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Emory University Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Johnson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Johnson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Johnson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Johnson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Johnson to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Johnson's Performance
in Knoxville, TN |
Due to degenerative disease that has caused issues with my back, Dr. Johnson has performed surgeries on my spine, with the latest occurring Feb. 2017, which was a spinal fusion. I had been in such pain prior to surgery, but am now on the road to living life freely. He is such a caring , understanding Doctor, who takes the time to listen and explain what's going on and what he can do, or what I need to do also. Highly recommended by all my other Doctors, I trust him completely. Great Dr.
in Greeneville, TN |
I saw Dr. Johnson at Knoxville Orthopaedic Clinic in Knoxville after developing severe pain and tingling in my shoulder and arm. After x-rays and MRI testing, he agreed to do surgery even though he new that my short neck and the fact that I had cervical surgery over 20 years ago could be problems. The surgery took about an hour longer than scheduled , but I woke up pain free. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Johnson. I would recommend him to my closest friends and family.
in Jefferson City, TN |
I had injured my lower back 6 months prior to visiting Dr. Johnson. He immediately made me aware of my options and the benefits from each option. I opted to have spine surgery to repair a bulging disc in my lower spine. Immediately after the surgery the pain in my right leg was gone. I had been through therapy, injections and nothing had worked til I had the surgery. I cannot express the gratitude I have for Dr. Johnson for giving me a pain free life so that I could return to my normal self.
Good doctor. Bedside minor good. Doesn't work with people who take pain meds. Anybody who has to go to a pain clinic can forget it.
in Knoxville, TN |
When I first saw Dr. Johnson I had finished therapy after ACL surgery and could barely walk upright because of lower back pain. We discussed options and tried therapy and an injection but after failing we decided the only way to get better was to have surgery. He was up front and honest about everything and explained things very clearly and what his post-op expectations were. I followed them to a T and after 4 months am virtually pain free with a few flair ups from time to time.
in Knoxville, TN |
Prior to seeing Dr. Johnson, I had been off work for weeks with severe back pain. Dr. Johnson was able to diagnose the cause of my pain and facilitate treatment that left me pain free. During this process, he was very clear, straight-forward, and specific about actions I needed to take to help my recovery. He was also very compassionate and caring. He took time to answer any questions I might have had. I couldn?t have asked for a better outcome. Dr. Johnson was great!
in Morristown, TN |
Dr. Johnson performed neck surgery for me in December 2015. I feel that I had great medical care and a very successful outcome to my surgery. Dr. Johnson was very clear and straight-forward about activities I should not do before the surgery. After the surgery, he was very specific about actions I needed to take to help my recover. He was also very compassionate and caring. I couldn?t ask for a better outcome.
in Strawberry Plains, TN |
I had a cervical fusion in December, 2015. I am very happy with my care and outcome of surgery. Dr Johnson was able to schedule my procedure so that I did not have to interrupt my completion of graduate school.
in Morristown, TN |
Dr. Johnson was very caring and willing to work with me. He did neck surgery and it turned out great. I went from not being able to turn my neck to having complete mobility. I had dealt with pain for over 5 years to now having no pain at all. It was a great experience to deal with him and his staff they all were very nice. If I ever have to have any spine surgery again I would return to him. I only wish I had have known about him when I had my back surgeries.
in Loudon, Tenn |
Not a problem with nurse and staff. The doctor however was the most rude and unprofessional Doctor I have ever seen I could even hear him and the person he was talking to outside my room he had me in and he was cussing. I would not in good faith suggest this man to anyone. He was short and very dismissal with anything I wanted or needed to know. Just a warning this is not one of the good doctors it is rare that I have experienced this kind of behavior. Me or any of my family will never see him.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Johnson was very approachable and answered all of my questions. I feel that he cared about my individual situation and wanted to help. He was able explain the procedure on a level that I could easily understand.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Johnson performed a spinal fusion on me. The surgery was done on a Friday morning, and I was home by Saturday night. I've had great results and am grateful to Dr. Johnson and his staff for the great job they did. Staff was very responsive to my needs.
in Knoxville, TN |
Dr. Johnson was great! Took the time to discuss all our questions, and explain what I was to expect from the outcome of surgery. Everything went as told to me and my husband. Less than 2 weeks after surgery I was able to bathe myself. It's been 4 months since surgery and I feel great. Pain which was constant, is now in the past. It was a blessing that our family care provider recommended Dr. Johnson....
Have you seen Dr. Paul Johnson, MD?
Are you Dr. Johnson?